Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that the person from Walmart will testify as to what those 2 items are for $9.92 each along with the gas can return info??
Was it ever established what those 2 items were? The facial cleansers surely were used to clean the hair dye off of her face...

The Walmart person will be testifying as to JA's claim she got a cash refund the same day.

The two items for $9.92 were for a now-discontinued Neutrogena aerosol UltraMist 85 SPF sunblock. Almost 50% alcohol and a fire hazard, so UltraMist formulations have now been discontinued as unsafe. Some suspected she planned to use it as a fire accelerant, but there is no proof of that.

Pink Panther found the description:

Pink Panther found the description of it on Paula's Choice website:

"This spray-on sunscreen provides sufficient UVA protection with stabilized avobenzone, but the base formula is almost 50% alcohol. The alcohol means that it dries quickly, but it also causes irritation and free-radical damage as well as cell death, which all conspire to cause collagen to break down and hurt the skin’s ability to heal. Add to that the sensitizing potential of the high amount of active ingredients needed to achieve SPF 85 (a sunscreen rating that’s overkill because there isn’t that much daylight anywhere in the world) and this is a sunscreen to leave at the store." [Emphasis added]

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautype...unblock-SPF-85
The product was labeled Flammable.

I agree Panthera. With her hair dark and driving a rental the paying with cash would eliminate her fear of anyone connecting a stay. I could see her doing that much more then pulling over, washing her hands and feet with bottled water and skip off to Ryan's house. She had to have been covered in blood.

With the car returning smelling of smoke I felt for sure she pulled over at a camp site someplace, burned her clothing, showered at the camp showers and then moved on but that's probably too low class for Jodi. The smoke smell still nags at me though.

I think in the car rental business, when the Rep makes a notation that the car smells like smoke, they mean cigarette smoke. Otherwise they'd specify; cigar smoke. Pipe smoke. Marijuana smoke. Firewood smoke. Barbecue smoke and so on. I think smoke is just that, cigarette smoke.

I would like to know if Ms Arias was charged extra for that plus the missing mats plus, the gas tank on empty. For a frugal person, returning a rental car with no gas is a costly expenditure most people avoid. They charge a LOT more than the going rate and that's the incentive to fill it before you return it.

There was a line-up? Who was asked to i.d. her? I thought there wasn't much question about who she was.

The car rental guy identified her as the one who came in, asked to swap the red car for the white one. He identified her in this lineup but said she had blond hair when she rented the car.. IIRC!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

There was a line-up? Who was asked to i.d. her? I thought there wasn't much question about who she was.

The line up was shown to Raphael Columbo with Budget Rent-A-Car.
He told LE she was the person who came in to rent the car, but had blonde hair when she came in to rented it.

k Originally Posted by JusticeJunkie
I keep wondering what was going through her mind when she was driving to Travis' murder.

She had her phone turned off - no one to talk to but herself.
Did she sing? Was she remembering the times she and Travis shared? Was she fine tuning her murder plan? Was she even nervous?
I can't wrap my brain around this woman.

=============================================

As a sociopath, any nervousness she would have felt was about whether she would be caught. Since she cannot feel empathy and does not have a conscience, her world at that moment was likely only anger about Travis not conforming to her wishes, and that it was too bad that she was not going to get to have great sex anymore with him, and that she was not going to have a great mentor for Prepaid Legal and Mormonism any more. But, it was definitely his fault that she had to eliminate him...had she chosen her instead of Mimi, he would have been allowed to live.

This is so damn sad, it hurts every time I think of it. But, not for a sociopath. It's clear that those with a conscience can never relate to those without one, and vice versa. :facepalm:

ITA, J.Junkie & JRS --

Our JJ sees a person he/she cannot understand -- and we all know why: It's a "takes one to know one" kind of thing, and JJ is just NOT one, so JJ is just out there somewhere wondering about this thing that is incomprehensible. You're right, JJ -- JA is this thing we hope never to have to know or figure out, espcially if our life were in that person's hands as poor Travis' was. Bless your sweet soul, JJ.

JRS, you are able to pin her down pretty well, IMO. Cold, calculating, single-minded and just plain mean.

I think she went smiling all the way there. She had a plan -- IF she felt like it, IF she wanted to give TA a break, IF she was feeling a little bit generous, she might let him live through that night -- as long as he would ditch that dayam Mimi right now, and if he takes her Cancun ticket & gives it to the woman who deserves to go -- to Jodi. Jodi, the one who loves him more than anyone ever has, the one who has given him all her love secrets and special sexy treatment. The one who taught him everything about sex because he knew nothing. On his knees he will plead with her & tell her how stupid & sorry he is for breaking up with her. If he doesn't, she won't give him much time to regret it. Either way Jodi wins and has control of all of it, and that is what is the most important thing of all. She is in charge.

This "in charge" business must stop. And now. :furious:

The car rental guy identified her as the one who came in, asked to swap the red car for the white one. He identified her in this lineup but said she had blond hair when she rented the car.. IIRC!

Thanks. Where is there a reference to a line-up. In his testimony, I assume?

If she's talking, she's lying, IMO.

But she did live in Palm Desert, down the road apiece from here. Lots of us get into the habit of keeping a case of water in the car at all times. Yes, it gets warm. But if your car breaks down in the desert, even warm water can save your life!

I thought it was strange that she said she and DB took gas in cans to 29 palms, my sister lives in Joshua Tree, had to take my DH to the hospital in Palm Springs 4 days in a row, think it was around 30ish miles. We stayed in Yucca Valley.

Can't imagine needing gas in cans..

One of the photos from the mug shot lineup.

9hl5bb.png

10cu4vm.png

Hellloo detective hottie :seeya:

I find the remarks "smoke smell" to be telling. Was she REALLY alone???
I mean, she buys two meals. One at 10:38 then another at 10:43 and she even says "we drove" when recounting her trip in south California on June 2nd (although it was explained that she had her sister in the car?)
So many details. I don't know how the jury is going to remember it all.

237001-7_zps12928bbb.png

237014-4_zps0f331705.png

237015-4_zpscf7673bd.png

Also the car rental guy said she came in with a man. MM, DB??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have no doubt she was alone. There would be more clues than a smell of smoke and 2 meals, IMO. And as manipulative as she is, she would have came up with story #4 and blamed it on whoever was with her. You know, something like, ______ didn't like Travis and my relationship and forced me to take him to him and then he killed him, I could only stand by and watch.

I don't know.
Having another person would really help explain a lot.
1) Overpowering Travis
2) Where the car was parked (she was dropped off)
3) Disposing of the weapons/clothes etc
4) Look out for roomies returning home
5) the "we drove" comment
6) double purchases at Walmart (even though it still doesn't make sense)

Who knows where Jodi's loyalties start or stop. Maybe the person she's covering for (IF she's covering for anyone....) is promising her that they will throw the trial somehow? Maybe that's why she's so cocky and confident no jury will find her guilty? Maybe she knows something we don't.

Jodi dances to her own drummer so for us to think like Jodi or assume like Jodi is like my goldfish trying to figure out calculus.

Do you think that the person from Walmart will testify as to what those 2 items are for $9.92 each along with the gas can return info??
Was it ever established what those 2 items were? The facial cleansers surely were used to clean the hair dye off of her face...

I think those two items are hair dye

Eek I wish I remembered, I imagine there was because he is holding the lineup and he said the blonde hair thing but I haven't ever rewatched it and it's been so long! Sorry! Hope someone has a more detailed answer! Fog going on over here!

It's the angle of the camera that makes the foot look so small.
It's his foot!!
It was testified in court as his foot as well.

Detective Melendez testified the camera was laying on the floor upside down when the photo was taken.

GREAT demonstration! I always thought that looked like a foot.

And now another poster lightened the final photo to show the button on the duvet! Good job guys!

No sex that day? So JM told a whopper in court when he said they were having sex, going at it, sinning? Detective Flores was wrong? :what:

IIRC Juan stated in his opening statement there were photos of them having sex on June 4, 2008 and Flores said it during his interview with Jodi. And by viewing the photos of her lady parts that day I am positive they did. A 29yo male would not turn it down if he had not had it for 2 mos. (since she moved back to Yreka)

GREAT demonstration! I always thought that looked like a foot.

And now another poster lightened the final photo to show the button on the duvet! Good job guys!

Is that her brown hair?
That's to long to be his hair?

Special Agent Nathan Mendes and Raphael Columbo both testified to the fact that Columbo stated she had blonde hair when she went in to rent the car.

Day 5 Special Agent Nathan Mendes
Day 8 Raphael Columbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads