Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #21 *may contain graphic and adult content* Cont'd.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thing that stood out to me today with Jodi is how SHE seems to be the one (to me) who is the 'cheater'. You know how its the liar who always thinks everyone else is lying.

She starts out with Bobby, then in between/during Bobby she heads off to Costa Rica and is with Victor.

Then lo and behold after a promise/engagement ring and talk of marriage and moving to Costa Rica, she all of a sudden is back with Bobby again. Did she not realize the wild romance of a tangent she went off in lala land with Victor on, only to turn around and then say that Bobby was really her first love?

Then she's with Bobby, and when things turn sour with him, she flies back to Costa Rica for a week and a half- to get some 'distance' from Bobby- only to return and get back with Bobby during her half hour break at Denny's.

Next she is visiting Bobby and moving up to Medford with him, only to end up with his roommate Matt McCartney.

Who is the cheater here?

And by the way, in advance of this continuing saga of Jodi NEVER BEING WITHOUT A MAN. We already know that Matt worked at Ventana- Jodi worked at Ventana and Darryl was their boss! Wonder how the overlap of those two went (Matt and Darryl)... before the overlap of Darryl and Travis went!

My god- who is the cheater?

Well in my sane brain it would be JODI ARIAS HERSELF!
Jodi had a "need for drama and excitement". The need for excitement is positively correlated with psychopathic symptoms.
http://www.academia.edu/351683/Severe_Psychopathic_Personality_Disorder_A_Review

I was born in the '60's and corporal punishment was the norm. My sister and I got popped with a wooden paddle that my parents bought at touristy type shop during one of our many travels. It even had a slogan painted onto it along a with a cute little reindeer and a big bear standing behind the deer painted on it as well. It read "A cute little dear with a bare behind" in cutesy little letters. I remember it well. It hung on a nail in our kitchen as a reminder that if we misbehaved we would get a pop or two, or if we were really bad - maybe even three, four or five pops on the rear. Mom even broke it in half on my butt. I got a lot of pops on the rear as a child. A LOT! I also remember my mother digging her fingernails into me once. Corporal punishment was used throughout the school system as well. I had a teacher who had a paddle with a hole in it so that when she popped you - you'd be left with a big round blister on your rear. Thankfully I never experienced getting paddled by that teacher, but the same teacher used to put clothespins on the tongues of wee pupils who talked too much in class, and unfortunately I did experience that unpleasantry. I guess it depends on the individual - how much paddling or spanking, whatever you want to call it, affects a child. But when I hear Jodi describing the punishment she received - to me it doesn't sound like abuse at all. It sounds like punishment. The pushing and shoving into furniture sounds abusive, but the spanking does not. Heck, my mother didn't do it, but most of my friend's mother used to make their kids go out and pick their own switch off a tree. And if the switch wasn't big enough, their mamas would go out there and get one - and you didn't want that. Jodi may have been popped with a wooden spoon, but I don't think it had lasting trauma. I think she was a spoiled brat who wanted to do things her way and that's the only way her parents could reign her in and make her behave. I seriously doubt that any of those whippings caused her to become the murderer she was to become. Nope. Not buying it!

no Juliette Lewis?

Jodi's first boyfriend is named Bobbie, second is Victor, this was in the 90's.

We see a picture of Jodi from Myspace with a Bobbie and Victor in Utah sometime in 2007-08.

We see a you tube video of Travis doing "the Chicken dance," in it it looks like Victor in second row(burgundy shirt.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VIsCVcOy11k

So Jodi in the 90's knew 2 guys named Bobbie and Victor,

Travis and Jodi has friends 2007-08 named Bobbie and Victor.

(the picture was posted earlier today, I don't know how to link it)

ON JVM or NG, an old friend of JA's said JA dated a guy, she couldn't remember his name, JA's friends didn't think much of him.

What are the chances of this happening? Small world, amazing.

I don't believe her!!! Might have been 2 boyfriends in the 90's but I don't believe Bobbie and Victor were their names. IMO

This was my impression as well. I would have liked to see our Katie shown a lot more respect - sorry to be talking like you're not here, Katie. I just don't think they did you justice.

It's ok. I'll be prepared next time. And I will sit forward in my seat and interrupt at will to make my points. ;) Katie (the other katie) is really trying to get a JOB out of this...she's clearly selling herself and trying to become a trial reporter. She'd be good at it too. So she's got a different agenda imo. But I do think Dr. Drew will bring me on separately just to talk crime victims issues (or so said the producer today). So it's all good. I'm just glad to have survived it. We are looking in a far away camera...crazy!

PS my brother left me a long message with feedback about the show talking about how she seemed more glib and he said "you were taking this trial seriously and you seemed to be quite upset at Jodi Arias". Which is exactly the sentiment I'm wanting to convey. This is no party. It's a serious issue for me.

Jodi's first boyfriend is named Bobbie, second is Victor, this was in the 90's.

We see a picture of Jodi from Myspace with a Bobbie and Victor in Utah sometime in 2007-08.

We see a you tube video of Travis doing "the Chicken dance," in it it looks like Victor in second row(burgundy shirt.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VIsCVcOy11k

So Jodi in the 90's knew 2 guys named Bobbie and Victor,

Travis and Jodi has friends 2007-08 named Bobbie and Victor.

(the picture was posted earlier today, I don't know how to link it)

ON JVM or NG, an old friend of JA's said JA dated a guy, she couldn't remember his name, JA's friends didn't think much of him.

What are the chances of this happening? Small world, amazing.

I don't believe her!!! Might have been 2 boyfriends in the 90's but I don't believe Bobbie and Victor were their names. IMO

i think i've seen it b4 "the usual suspects" but jodi is no kevin spacey!

One look at those granny panties tells me no man would want their name on them. They're hideous!

Agreed, ferretnurse. Awful. The Beverly Hillbillies' Granny wore better than that.

And another thang:

The "Travis Alexander's" tee shirt also had the ending part of that phrase on the other side of the tee. It read: "Being Better Blog." That's because "Travis Alexander's Being Better Blog" was something he was promoting for PPL and to help others excel. Doh.

Dr. Drew will believe this. He thinks Jodi chose Travis because abusive Travis was a good fit with all her past abusive experiences. lol
Can I ask why those "experts" on his show believe that Travis let her in at 4 am? I always thought it odd that Travis was checking email at that time. I know others have pointed out it would be typical of JA to be searching through his email. She admitted to doing the same with her other BF today. Couldn't Travis have still been in bed? Sorry if this (his opening the door) is common knowledge.

Oh I would in a heartbeat. Not because of her crime, per se, and definitely not because she has indicated she herself feels that would be appropriate.

I'd be casting my vote for Steven, Gary, Greg, Allie, Hillary, Tanisha and Sam. What they want would weigh very heavily on my mind and heart as a juror.

Well, I should disclose that I am a death penalty opponent -- but I keep trying to put that aside and put myself in the jurors' shoes and determine whether death penalty is appropriate. I might change my mind several times before this is over :)

Originally Posted by Curious Me
She was going to off herself or was thinking of it but decided to take the gun on the trip to see if her mood lightened. She hid it after the crime and was still planning on killing herself, but then couldn't find that spot in the desert. That's how I see her having to spin it.

------------------------------------------------

It's occurred to me that she could say the gun and knife were Travis's. That he had brought them out as props for their sex game. Because really, I don't believe there's evidence that she stole her grandparents' gun.

Now I know that in one of her interrogations, she said she'd just bought a gun. But she claimed it was of a different calibre than the bullet casing found at the crime scene. It'll be interesting to see how she explains this.

This gun-and-knife part, more than anything, is what will do Jodi in re: premeditation.

Perhaps some one has already responded to this. The gun she told Flores she bought was a 9mm that she hid in the engine of the second rental car. This was not found until a month later because it was so well hidden, and may never have been found if Jodi's mother had not asked about it.
The day they arrested her, she had packed the second rental car, and was planning to leave. The ammo for the 9mm, along with knives were in her luggage. The 25 ammo was discovered at her mother's house.
I don't know if the defense will even try to argue the gun she used was not the one stolen from her Grandparents. There are no coincidences.

Can I ask why those "experts" on his show believe that Travis let her in at 4 am? I always thought it odd that Travis was checking email at that time. I know others have pointed out it would be typical of JA to be searching through his email. She admitted to doing the same with her other BF today. Couldn't Travis have still been in bed? Sorry if this (his opening the door) is common knowledge.

Because she was in his house for several hours and they were naked together.

Agreed, ferretnurse. Awful. The Beverly Hillbillies' Granny wore better than that.

And another thang:

The "Travis Alexander's" tee shirt also had the ending part of that phrase on the other side of the tee. It read: "Being Better Blog." That's because "Travis Alexander's Being Better Blog" was something he was promoting for PPL and to help others excel. Doh.

And I really hope that t-shirt still exists and comes into evidence. Especially if that is true about the reverse of the shirt, which I have read numerous times.

The response to JA’s gaffe -where she confidently claimed no jury would convict her - was = the reason was “sadly” because “ I was contemplating suicide”. And because I would have been dead, a jury would therefore not convict me.
Now, of course, JA made a very different claim in Sept of 2008. Her claim then was:
“No jury would convict me! BECAUSE I AM INNOCENT. “
Typically innocent people are not dead when confronting juries.

Of course, JA was NOT contemplating suicide in Sept 2008. This is another concocted story - actually better than the ninja warriors - that renders a vigorous rebuttal tricky. She will feign having been distraught, mortified, conflicted, and SUICIDAL. And pressing her hard on that matter will cause her to fall into a morose fit of crying in front of the jury.
Martinez should not delve into the falsehood of her 2008 depression because JA will lie her way through that line of questioning. He should not even ask if she had attempted suicide or what her suicidal ideations were. Martinez should merely show that JA systematically lies and has lied and that the claim of feeling suicidal should be viewed as merely another lie.

On cross exam - DO NOT GIVE JODY ARIAS A FORUM TO LIE MORE.
All he needs to do is play the actual clip. It's so obvious she's feeling cocky, confident, and arrogant, not suicidal when she makes that comment!!!

Well, I should disclose that I am a death penalty opponent -- but I keep trying to put that aside and put myself in the jurors' shoes and determine whether death penalty is appropriate. I might change my mind several times before this is over :)

I will tell you what I told Beth K today. I sat through 2 DP trials and mitigating sentences and what I heard was FAR WORSE than what Jodi has described here in terms of "abuse". Also two known copious liars. And they were both sentenced to death by AZ juries.

Oh I would in a heartbeat. Not because of her crime, per se, and definitely not because she has indicated she herself feels that would be appropriate.

I'd be casting my vote for Steven, Gary, Greg, Allie, Hillary, Tanisha and Sam. What they want would weigh very heavily on my mind and heart as a juror.

Kinda irrelevant but it isn't easy to get off DR here once you are on. I cannot remember the last time an appeal won someone off DR...I know its happened but not recently. This is why I personally would have no trouble handing it over to her. I can be 99 percent positive that she would remain there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Watching repeat of Dr. D.

Attorney says the 2 elements that have to be present in a self defense case. Jodi fails miserably with #2 below with the multiple stabbings:

1- Person MUST feel reasonable danger of life being threatened
2-There can be no more force used than what appears necessary to a reasonble person.

The element of perception of a threat to be killed is tricky business. JA could claim the “belief” that she was under mortal threat when in fact not being so at all. The circumstances should point to a reasonable perception of the imminence of being killed. For example, a loaded gun pointed at the person and the victim being shot at or wounded. . . OR a person attacking with a knife or cut glass bottle and landing a blow that wounds.
A credible account for JA would be: TA lunged from the shower and began to strangle her. The credibility of her belief in imminent death would be supported by neck bruises. JA should have been able to show evidence of a colossal struggle- ie cracked shower door, scattered items on the bathroom sink, flesh or hair under fingernails and other defensive wounds. The overkill will be almost impossible to justify unless you believe in the theory that TA was the “Terminator” who simply would not die until his throat was slashed open.

Secondly, if a person attacks you with his fists and you haul out a gun and shoot him dead – this is a problem. Initially the victim should make an attempt to flee if at all possible. If the victim is pinned down or blocked from a facile escape and the attacker has the means and intent to “kill” the countermeasure necessary for defense can be ratcheted up to a more vigorous defense.
JA's conduct post crime belies her claim that she acted in self-defense. Her some 2 hours of clean up, crime scene staging ( cramming the body into a shower stall) and demeanor shows consciousness of guilt and comports with the theory of premeditation followed on by the manufacture of an alibi.

Well, one thing that I think most of us can agree on is that she should NOT be let out into society again. Ever. IMO, she needs to experience the rest of her days on Earth incarcerated. However many days she has left.

I'm sorry this is OT, but just have to comment on your screen name: Anita Richman = "I need a rich man?" lol:giggle::bling:

Well, it's pretty much a sure thing that either JM or the jury is going to ask where the gun and the knife are! Can't wait to hear what she says about THAT.

But I'm sure it'll be a whopper, the MOAL. (Mother of all lies.) <eyeroll>:what:

Let's put on our thinking caps, and imagine what she might say, eh?

"I just can't remember what I did with the gun. I know I had it with me, but I was just so scared I can't remember what I did with it. I was seriously afraid for my life, and I was just glad I got out of the house alive."

"I had the knife in my hand, and then I looked down and it was just gone. I must have blacked out for a minute. I don't honestly know where the knife is at this moment in time. I can't even remember what it looked like."

"Obviously, I had a knife and a gun. But right now <sniff, blot nose with kleenex>, I absolutely don't know where they are, or what I did with them. <sob> This whole experience has been so hard on me. My mind has been frazzled for over 4 years trying to make sense of it all. If only Travis had not called me to come by that night.....he might still be alive."

"I remember getting in the (white, nondescript rental) car, and then everything is a blur. I don't remember anything except driving, and driving, and driving-- and the next thing I know, I'm at my friend's house, and......the floor mats are missing....and, you know, there will be extra charges on the rental contract for that...."

It'll be a nice touch if she comes in pigtails or braids tomorrow, eh? Maybe a plaid skirt, white blouse, knee socks, and saddle shoes? :what:

Whoa KZ. A little scary you can get into "character" so accurately. lol

Hare's Psychopathic Checklist:

Factor 1: Personality "Aggressive narcissism"
Glibness/superficial charm
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Pathological lying
Conning/manipulative
Lack of remorse or guilt
Shallow affect (genuine emotion is short-lived and egocentric)
Callousness; lack of empathy
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2: Case history "Socially deviant lifestyle".
Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Parasitic lifestyle
Poor behavioral control
Lack of realistic long-term goals
Impulsivity
Irresponsibility
Juvenile delinquency
Early behavior problems
Revocation of conditional release

Traits not correlated with either factor
Promiscuous sexual behavior
Many short-term (marital) relationships
Criminal versatility
Acquired behavioural sociopathy/sociological conditioning

(Item 21: a newly identified trait i.e., a person relying on sociological strategies and tricks to deceive) ANOTHER BINGO FOR JODI!

Each of the first twenty items is given a score of 0, 1, or 2 based on how well it applies to the subject being tested. A prototypical psychopath would receive a maximum score of 40, while someone with absolutely no psychopathic traits or tendencies would receive a score of zero. A score of 30 or above qualifies a person for a diagnosis of psychopathy. People with no criminal backgrounds normally score around 5. Many non-psychopathic criminal offenders score around 22.

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv/Hare-Psychopathy-Checklist.html#b#ixzz2K06W3X4Q

I just watched my dvr'd version of Dr. Drew's show with our own Katiecoolady. I am sooo freaking annoyed at whoever this "co-host" is who interrupted our KCL when she was speaking about why she doesn't believe Jodi will get off! She was not only rude, but she made her little cutsey "duck face" and made some nonsensical comments that had NOTHING to do with what KCL was saying!

In a word, Dr. Drew, "BOOOOO!" Next time, you don't need to have the other guests (except maybe Travis's friend, I like him) other than our Katiecoolady. She needs time so you can see her shine. :rose:

She IRKED me too many times. Her name is Wendy Walsh. She was rude to the friend of Travis too. She seemed to think just like Dr. Drew that everything has to have a mental diagnosis for it. I dont know why Dr. D is always having a partner now.

Sometimes, people are just pure evil. No diagnosis necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro