Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #21 *may contain graphic and adult content* Cont'd.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least with Comcast Dr. Drew repeats at 12midnight and 5am for anyone who missed tonight's live show.
U-Verse does as well at the same times, and the times you posted are EST...

Dr. Drew will believe this. He thinks Jodi chose Travis because abusive Travis was a good fit with all her past abusive experiences. lol

Yeah-- I caught that. AND that Travis was a sex addict because of the trauma of his childhood. :what: GMAFB.

I just posted this on Dr. Drew's page after watching his show. ;)

Hi Dr. Drew! Thanks for having me on your show tonite. Just to clarify my comment about Jodi's abuse story. First of all, I don't believe it to be true so I don't place much value on it. Secondly, my point was not that what her parents may have done as she describes would be OK in any situation, but connecting the dots from THAT to stabbing someone 29 times, slashing their throat and shooting them in the face is a far reach. I do not think she will be spared life with this testimony. And to Dr. Walsh, with respect, I am not just your Joe General viewing public. My sister was brutally murdered, I've sat through and participated in two death penalty trials and countless years of appeals. I also suffered physical abuse in my childhood very similar to what jodi describes. So I do have some credibility in my lay opinion. Be seein you guys later. :) PS. Bill is great.

May God Bless you Katie. :seeya: You are such a good, kind, loving, and genuine person. I truly appreciate you giving your time to us here at home reading, not being able to attend court ourselves. Don't be surprised if Dr. Drew reads at least a portion of your note to him tomorrow night! :) I didn't know you were going to appear on the show until he stated the 2 of you were going to be on after the commercial break! You did a great job and looked great doing it too! :)

Oh was it? I totally missed that.

I copied this from an earlier thread:

On May 28, 2008, the defendant’s grandparents reported the theft of a .25 caliber
automatic pistol to the Yreka, California police department. The police report for that incident states that the defendant was present and spoke with an officer about her presence at her grandparents home earlier that day. On July 15, 2008, the defendant was interviewed by Detective Flores. During that interview, Detective Flores asked the defendant about reporting a .25 automatic gun stolen. The detective noted that a .25 caliber gun was the same caliber of weapon used to kill Travis Alexander. Eventually, the defendant told Detective Flores she did not know there was a gun at her grandparent’s home until her grandparents reported it stolen the day the burglary was reported to police. She also told Detective Flores that she did not know what a .25 caliber gun looked like. She said her grandfather said the stolen gun looked like a toy gun.

IT IS ORDERED denying the Defendant’s Motion to Preclude State from Presenting Evidence Related to the Theft of a Gun that Occurred in Yreka on May 28, 2008 filed on December 5, 2012.

LET THE RECORD REFLECT Exhibit # 1 (The stolen gun) is not entered in evidence however, the Court will retain the exhibit which will be filed in the Exhibit department.

Absolutely. And if "the hare" Nurmi can wade through her life story in the next day and a half I will get to see Juan in action on Wed. afternoon. :please:

got my proverbial fingers crossed for you! :)

First there was Victor, who ended up committing suicide, Bobbi who took off and is probably still licking his wounds, then there was Matt who puts comments on Facebook about how she hurt him when she left and now Travis dead at her hand because HE wanted her to stop hanging around, showing up unannounced, invading his private space and not respecting his boundries.

The more she talks the better insight we get at just how far she would go to stalk someone and wear them down. Seems to me the ex's who are sticking up for her should be down on their knees thanking the good lord it was not them. jmo

Watching repeat of Dr. D.

Attorney says the 2 elements that have to be present in a self defense case. Jodi fails miserably with #2 below with the multiple stabbings:

1- Person MUST feel reasonable danger of life being threatened
2-There can be no more force used than what appears necessary to a reasonble person.

Minor4th, do you have any insight as to why Jodi was sworn in and seated in the witness box BEFORE the jury was returned to the room? I'm scratching my head on that.

Edited to add: ROFLMAO on the "sworn in" thingie! Surprised the whole witness box didn't burst into flames, or lightning bolts crash down upon the courthouse!
"The whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" Jodi Arias?? How did the person administering the oath not just bust up laughing, I'll never know!

This slays me ..."I said no jury would convict me is because I had plans to commit suicide"

Then "probably the most bitter words I'll ever eat." <--- an attempt at humility, but a recognition that she knows she'll be convicted. Still, it's all about her.

Why oh why can she not just get up there and say -- at that time I was foolishly maintaining that I did not kill Travis because I was scared and hadn't yet come to terms with what I had done. I said "no jury would convict me" because I wanted to seem confident about my innocence. I regret saying that, and I regret that I did not tell the truth about what happened to police and in those interviews.

The response to JA’s gaffe -where she confidently claimed no jury would convict her - was = the reason was “sadly” because “ I was contemplating suicide”. And because I would have been dead, a jury would therefore not convict me.
Now, of course, JA made a very different claim in Sept of 2008. Her claim then was:
“No jury would convict me! BECAUSE I AM INNOCENT. “
Typically innocent people are not dead when confronting juries.

Of course, JA was NOT contemplating suicide in Sept 2008. This is another concocted story - actually better than the ninja warriors - that renders a vigorous rebuttal tricky. She will feign having been distraught, mortified, conflicted, and SUICIDAL. And pressing her hard on that matter will cause her to fall into a morose fit of crying in front of the jury.
Martinez should not delve into the falsehood of her 2008 depression because JA will lie her way through that line of questioning. He should not even ask if she had attempted suicide or what her suicidal ideations were. Martinez should merely show that JA systematically lies and has lied and that the claim of feeling suicidal should be viewed as merely another lie.

On cross exam - DO NOT GIVE JODY ARIAS A FORUM TO LIE MORE.

First there was Victor, who ended up committing suicide, Bobbi who took off and is probably still licking his wounds, then there was Matt who puts comments on Facebook about how she hurt him when she left and now Travis dead at her hand because HE wanted her to stop hanging around, showing up unannounced, invading his private space and not respecting his boundries.

The more she talks the better insight we get at just how far she would go to stalk someone and wear them down. Seems to me the ex's who are sticking up for her should be down on their knees thanking the good lord it was not them. jmo

I'm not sure anyone committed suicide. She I think said she "heard a rumor" that he'd slit his wrists and "committed suicide" but landed in a Psych hospital. Um...dead? I think she meant attempted. But I don't even buy a word of that.

Interesting-- she stalked all the ex BF's EXCEPT Darryl, the older divorced guy she lived with for 4 years. She seemed to have no further "need" of him (except as an alibi, and gas cans), and never seemed to have any interest in stalking HIM.

Minor4th, do you have any insight as to why Jodi was sworn in and seated in the witness box BEFORE the jury was returned to the room? I'm scratching my head on that.

I know why. She is shackled. They don't bring her in or let her wander with the jury being able to see that. It's one of her many rights as a defendant. It could prejudice the jury seeing her limping with leg shackles under her baggie chinos.

JA says her dad would 'knock me out "momentarily" '

This is the weird-speak vocab of a psychopath, much like Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony.

bbm

Yeppers, D-D S, it is. I have a bad feeling that we may hear this "knocked me out momentarily" bit again. "He must have knocked me out momentarily because the next thing I knew, is he was standing over me with a gun and a knife. I must have blacked out, because I don't remember very much about the fight we had. I must have dozed off again.... yada yada."

Yep, I can see it coming. That will be the only part of her "testimony" that will be brief. Wait & see. :banghead:

She MAY have been telling the truth about the Vampire Hunter. He looks like he spends a lot of time with the undead.

Hi Anita,
If the caption follows the pix left to right, it looks to me like she is cuddling up to Mario............................and Victor?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and Bobby ????
Do we know who is who here? Since Bobby AND Victor are both in the pix, I have to assume this was when Victor was visiting Yreka??? And she introduced her NEXT lover Bobby, to then lover Victor??
Am I getting this right? I think the jury may need a play book.

My best guess is so the jury would not see the security device on her leg

Interesting-- she stalked all the ex BF's EXCEPT Darryl, the older divorced guy she lived with for 4 years. She seemed to have no further "need" of him (except as an alibi, and gas cans), and never seemed to have any interest in stalking HIM.
That probably because he was completely broke when she dumped him. She soaked him for $3000 breast implants, numerous months of rent at $750/month, and half the utilities for those months.

I know why. She is shackled. They don't bring her in or let her wander with the jury being able to see that. It's one of her many rights as a defendant. It could prejudice the jury seeing her limping with leg shackles under her baggie chinos.

did anyone have any idea she was going to take the stand today?

The Thing that stood out to me today with Jodi is how SHE seems to be the one (to me) who is the 'cheater'. You know how its the liar who always thinks everyone else is lying.

She starts out with Bobby, then in between/during Bobby she heads off to Costa Rica and is with Victor.

Then lo and behold after a promise/engagement ring and talk of marriage and moving to Costa Rica, she all of a sudden is back with Bobby again. Did she not realize the wild romance of a tangent she went off in lala land with Victor on, only to turn around and then say that Bobby was really her first love?

Then she's with Bobby, and when things turn sour with him, she flies back to Costa Rica for a week and a half- to get some 'distance' from Bobby- only to return and get back with Bobby during her half hour break at Denny's.

Next she is visiting Bobby and moving up to Medford with him, only to end up with his roommate Matt McCartney.

Who is the cheater here?

And by the way, in advance of this continuing saga of Jodi NEVER BEING WITHOUT A MAN. We already know that Matt worked at Ventana- Jodi worked at Ventana and Darryl was their boss! Wonder how the overlap of those two went (Matt and Darryl)... before the overlap of Darryl and Travis went!

My god- who is the cheater?

Well in my sane brain it would be JODI ARIAS HERSELF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro