Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #22 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: cheating Matt

So she goes home early from her job, drives 1.5 hours to have a friendly chit chat with Bianca and then goes home. rut roh?

Oh how I wish we could hear from Biana who was probably scared for her life when Jodi showed up out of the blue.

And totally inappropriate, do you agree? If you suspect your spouse/bfriend/gfriend of cheating, don't you sit down and talk with them? Is it really appropriate to go into detective (dare I say "sleuth") mode? What if she had been wrong - that he was not cheating? I guess it is a matter of opinion but I think out of respect for the person you are dating, you should talk to them first.

my sister suspect hubby of such behavior---she drove past his house he was remolding for her and him when they reconciled-----she didn't want to believe he was cheating---he told her he wasn't---BUT HE WAS---:furious:
she lived in a state of denial...think only when she was literally on her deathbead did her peeps come clean....(the rest of us figured it out---after all he bragged to my BIL....:furious::furious:)---

Sociopaths seem to have contempt for their victim’s feelings and believe their victims deserve to be hurt, taken advantage of and exploited. They have no empathy or very selective empathy (e.g., your wife shows empathy toward someone who hurts or bullies you). They lie, cheat, manipulate, and/or verbally and/or physically intimidate others to get their way or to “win.” To a sociopath, the ends justify the means.

Sociopaths may refuse to recognize that others have rights and believe they’re entitled to violate the rights of others. In fact, they often try to control and humiliate their victims. They see people as objects and value others based upon their utility and ease of exploitation rather than fellow human beings. People are either targets and opportunities for exploitation. They don’t have friends, but rather victims and accomplices who later become victims.

Sociopaths often have a gross and exaggerated sense of entitlement. They seem incapable of true love relationships and often confuse love with ability to control and exploit someone. They are unable to form healthy attachments with others.

Sociopaths seem to be able to lie very easily. You can have a video or audio recording of them perpetrating a crime or some abusive act and they will still pee on your leg and tell you it’s raining. They often believe their own lies and may even be able to pass a polygraph. They seem to lack the capacity for remorse or guilt. For example, many of my clients are more likely to squeeze blood from a stone than to receive a sincere apology from their wives, girlfriends or exes.

When sociopaths seem to be expressing positive feelings it is typically because they are mimicking others to appear socially and psychologically normal.

http://www.shrink4men.com/2012/01/04/rethinking-female-sociopathy-part-one/

I posted that link many threads ago, it is a great read.

Her voice may be a little... ehhhh... but what she is saying is on point.

I love how she tries so hard to come off like she's perfect, she's trying to be the perfect child every parent would want to have....except the pesky little detail of slaughtering a man....

Lets see...
she's responsible
Tidy
Doesn't smoke
Doesn't drink
Doesn't swear
Saves money
Meek

Blah....

But...she kills!

Psychopaths are frequently successful in talking their way out of trouble—"I've learned my lesson;" "You have my word that it won't happen again;" "It was simply a big misunderstanding;" "Trust me." They are almost as successful in convincing the criminal justice system of their good intentions and their trustworthiness.

http://www.lovefraud.com/01_whatsaSociopath/key_symptoms_sociopath.html

After yesterday, I would believe it.

Even without the prosecution's objections, Nurmi seems to sense the jurors' growing impatience at having to sit through irrelevant historical details which serve only to feed JA's ego.

Can you tell me how you could tell that Nurmi was sensing the juy's boredom?

Jean Causauraus thinks "it took guts" for JA to go to Matt's other girl's (Bianca) house.
Really?
I call that creepy stalking.
Especially along with checking his camera.
On top of a history of checking another boyfriend's email history.
With a future in stalking and e-stalking.

It really horrifies me that some people can actually identify with this evil murderer and praise any of her creepy actions.

To me, that lets me know exactly who are the potential cult followers.

Purely out of interest, how would that possibly justify the crime she committed? Of course a lot of things can build up if (assuming she's telling the truth) she's been through the same type of relationships over and over again, but still that does not justify that literal overkill.
Besides, as someone pointed out somewhere above, in her relationship with Travis, he was cheating with her, not on her.

I get how this is a possible tactic of theirs, I just don't understand how they might possibly think this could convince a jury that her actions were justified as self-defence.

Also, it is important to note that the evidence shows premeditation. She had the gun and knife in the bathroom. Otherwise, how is there not evidence of blood or a struggle in other places in the house? If she had to run to find a weapon to defend herself, then she had time to keep on running, instead, of coming back to the shower to kill an unarmed, unclothed Travis, in the shower.

So I don;t see how anything can show self defense.

But the defense team knows this. They are trying to humanize the defendant. It's hard to put to death someone you've gotten to know for three days or so. All the defense team really cares about is avoiding the death penalty and I think they may prevail on that.

Yes, thank you, nursebeeme. She is so 8th grade with that! Her obsession with when she "officially" began dating people. It's not like marriage or signing a billion year contract or something. It's beginning to date! Sheesh. Goes to show how possessive she is.

I've dated lots of people in the past. I can't recall when something began "officially" or not or even the point in time it may have become serious. I just started dating them. That's all.

Can someone please help me re size this picture so it fits my avatar? Thanks.
3ebvb.png

Here you go.
2zhir6p.png

And totally inappropriate, do you agree? If you suspect your spouse/bfriend/gfriend of cheating, don't you sit down and talk with them? Is it really appropriate to go into detective (dare I say "sleuth") mode? What if she had been wrong - that he was not cheating? I guess it is a matter of opinion but I think out of respect for the person you are dating, you should talk to them first.

COMPLETELY inapproprate, yes. It is obsessive, dangerous, confrontational behavior. Except she's so soft-spoken and seemingly reserved, she doesn't seem threatening. I think this is what makes her even more frightening and dangerous; even more of a reason to NEVER let her see the outside of a solitary concrete prison cell again.

By having her on the stand for what appears to be days of mind-numbing nothingness, the defense thinks the jury will see JA as a human and connect with her in that way so that when it comes time to deciding life or death, they will not unanimously vote death (and yes, unanimous is required).

The easiest path for a jury is to not give the DP. I think it's becoming an increasingly rare event.

I would think the DT wants to drag out JA's testimony thru the end of Thursday. If they finish before, JM gets his turn to rip her a new one and leave the jury thinking about that all weekend. :moo:

OH please NO! :what: I must sit here and watch, don't want to miss one minute of Juan. But Jodi is making me want to smoke more and I am seriously trying to quit. Feel like having some tequila shots too... but I don't drink for the past 25 years! :please: Don't know if I can take Jodi until Thursday afternoon.

It's not a 'town' per se... it is a community, like a development. There is a resort and golf course, and it is very high end. It must have really pissed her off that Darryl's ex was able to live there when she couldn't. And boy, the way Darryl described her with his son is VERY different than the way she apparently felt. He was like an afterthought to her and Nurmi had to try and save her in direct examination in regards to him. She and Darryl were going to keep him and move to Sacramento- BS. She couldn't even be bothered to recall herself that the little boy had a bedroom there, FGS! I don't think Jodi would be lovey dovey to a little boy OR the ex wife, I am certain of that. She took the master bedroom and saved $10-12,000. She must not have been paying for much in that household.

Well town or community when I address things to my aunts and uncles (I have three sets who live there) I address it La Quinta, CA. It's a nice place other than the fact it gets upwards of a 112 in the summertime. Yikes!

I posted that link many threads ago, it is a great read.

Agreed! And the "Love Fraud" site is awesome. We had the author of that site on Tricia's True Crime Radio Show. My jaw was on the ground during the whole interview! Her personal case of when she was a victim was showcased on a TV show on Investigative Discovery but I can't remember the name of the show.

http://www.lovefraud.com/index.html

Personally, I can't see how they can mitigate much of the actual crime.

I have no desire to offend, but unless she lived through Josef Mengele (she did not) and was caged in TA's house (she drove a great distance to get there) with no means of escape (she had a rental car and was ambulatory) and no hope of survival, the degree of savagery employed in this murder is beyond mitigation, in my opinion.

She may avoid the death penalty...but I'm not sure how at this point.

Jurors are people. People have bad stuff happen to them. Lots of bad stuff. Every day. Most people are incapable of slaughtering someone the way TA was slaughtered.

The defense expert has a very difficult assignment.

Dozens of stab wounds, a gun shot and a slashed throat exceed the standards of 'necessary' for self defense. Everywhere.

This whole charade defense would have possibly worked if they were trying to show that all of her poor pitiful life Jodi was used and abused. Travis was the last straw. She snapped. A ‘moment of rage” defense would have been MUCH better than “self defense”. IMHO

Not saying that I buy into this crap at all, but that seems to be where this defense testimony is heading for. And it has nothing to do with self defense. All it may do (with days and days and days and days and days of listening to Jodi whine on) is make the jurors see her as a person instead of a cold blooded killer.

I think I really get it now... and I mean 'get it'. I have gone back and forth really deciding what the final- I'm gonna kill him- factor was. She said it in the first words out of her mouth on the stand- "um... the simple answer is that he attacked me", and friends no truer words were ever spoke by her IMVHO.

He, in that final email ripped her to shreds- verbally- because he was so fed up. Any normal, self respecting person would have said FU right back, and then moved on- forever.

When he called her those names she hatched her plan.

She didn't want Travis back... she didn't want him to not go to Cancun- she didn't want him to breath one more minute of air after that email exchange.

NO ONE was going to talk to her that way and live to tell about it- NO ONE.

In her sick and twisted mind she did 'defend herself' from the attack. She got the last laugh on Travis, all of his friends, his family, and especially the stupid b*****s he wanted to marry.

She is a danger to society and should get LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro