Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #27 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about Juan's experience with DP cases, so I did a little research and out of the 103 inmates on death row in Arizona, Juan has successfully prosecuted at least 6 cases, 5 men and 1 woman (Wendi Adriano).

I say at least because I couldn't find a lot of information on a couple of trial.

It is obvious that Juan Martinez is an incredible prosecutor, he's proved that already. But, as we are in the middle of the defense case, with JA on the stand, under direct examination, spewing lies, and dragging Travis' name through the mud... I find that any bit of encouraging information make me feel better.

Juan Martinez knows what he's doing. Just thought I'd share.

:)

Respectfully BBM. He is indeed. JM's razor sharp and usually performs without notes. In contrast Nurmi meanders and often confuses his witness. Notice how he almost presses his nose to his papers to read. Not his fault of course but the myopia is unflattering in a professional. JW's reactions to JM are very revealing. She looks apprehensive whenever JM crosses or stands to object, as if she is all the time expecting a bombshell. Somewhat :what:

Nurse (or someone familiar) - Will this radio show be taped, for those of us who will be away at that time?? I hope so! TY -K

Here is a link to the blogtalkradio archives. Unfortunately, the Search results do not sort chronologically so the February 10, 2013 show may not be at the top of the list. You may have to scroll down the page to find it.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/search/true-crime

Exactly, LambChop! It just seems like someone who makes a living selling the benefits of having a lawyer on hand when they need one, would 1) certainly have such insurance themselves and 2) avail themselves of legal advice when finding themselves involved in a high-profile murder case!

I just find this aspect of this case very funny. And not really a good endorsement of PPL in general, the whole MLM aspect aside.

I dont know anything about PPL but there was an attorney on IS the other weeks who said he had worked with them and said they are legitimate and have been in business for some years now. They also sell identity theft insurance.

IMO

Eddie Snell 10 Poor Commitments for Prepaid Legal Associates
Uploaded on May 28, 2008
Travis Alexander doing a standup of the 10 Core Commitments (10 Poor Commitments.)
Category Comedy

Eddie Snell 10 Poor Commitments for Prepaid Legal Associates - YouTube

This is the video the defendant has on her youtube account.

Travis Alexander - Eddie Snell's Paustenbalm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36hTqMtzLQQ

Uploaded on Jun 12, 2008
Eddie Snell's 30 second commercial promoting his latest entreprenuerial venture.
Category Comedy

*Uploaded 8 days after brutally murdering Travis

Also note the TEAM RENEW banner

Mario wearing a Team Renew shirt in this photo, pictured along with the defendant, Bobby and Victor.
213ews5.png

i don't thin that is the same bobby and victor - some one here posted that the real bobby had been trying to shop a book deal for a few years and that - i am paraphrasing - she was a psycho stalking ex girlfriend - so imo i don't think they were part of her PPL crowd - even darryl wasn't

Is anyone else worried that if Juan is too aggressive with Arias it could backfire: re: the jury

I think he knows how to use if effectively. I hope he does when he crosses on these new lies. I'm outraged and I hope his tone reflects that he is, too.

I think what people can't understand is that someone who is on an executive level selling legal insurance should know enough to contact his attorney before heading to court to give his testimony. It is obvious he is lying or he would not have asked the judge if he could plead the fifth. Gus lied and got caught. I'm sure his attorney advised him not to return to the State of Arizona and stick with a phone call, only. Oh, and to tell the truth this time. Isn't he due to testify in an evidentiary meeting on the 13th? jmo

Oh I agree. I was speaking more in terms of Chris and Skye H.

now that she is going to go w/ this defense - he really has to be very hard on her now?? and i wonder if that is why martinez held back so much evidence because he knew she was going to make these allegations?

I speculated the other day that Juan didn't bring in a lot of evidence that he could have because he was deliberately avoiding "opening the door" for the defense for this type of testimony.

Unfortunately, the defense has an expert who is telling the judge that all of this is relevant to her expert opinion, so the judge is allowing all of it.

Now that the defense is going "there", I think the prosecution will have a whole lot more evidence about what a stalker Jodi was and a lot of other information about her lies and manipulations. I am pretty confident Juan has it under control.

I don't think playing dirty is part of the "obligation" to represent her. Nurmi got on board with this disgusting defense at some point, and it is despicable.

playing dirty is their job.....they do whatever it takes to get their client off or at least lesser charges. A woman's life is literally on the line. He is going to do whatever to try to get her off. it isn't pretty....but they can do whatever they wish as long as it isn't illegal.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

So far Juan has made every defense witness into a state witness. The one witness more important to Juan than anyone is cross examining JA. I think he has been devising his strategy for some months now and he will also destroy JAs credibility. I am sure he has gone up against a lot of sociopaths in the many years he has tried defendants.

Sociopaths love to talk and Juan likes for them to do just that.

Wendi Adriano was on the stand for 9 days. She also tried to blame her victim claiming self defense and abuse. As we know it did not work. All it got her was a ticket to death row.

IMO

ocean, do you know how many of those days of Wendy's testimony were defense, vs. prosecution?

I am absolutely appalled by this.

She is threatening that if the State does not give her a plea deal she will drag the victim's name and asscoiates through the mud (COLLATERAL DAMAGE??!!).

What a .

Death Penalty :please:

I just lost any last shred of respect for Mr. Nurmi after reading that infantile piece of blackmail. Wow.

Respectfully BBM. He is indeed. JM's razor sharp and usually performs without notes. In contrast Nurmi meanders and often confuses his witness. Notice how he almost presses his nose to his papers to read. Not his fault of course but the myopia is unflattering in a professional. JW's reactions to JM are very revealing. She looks apprehensive whenever JM crosses or stands to object, as if she is all the time expecting a bombshell. Somewhat :what:

Even Beth Karas who is the most fair and honest on IS imo has said that when he stands up he takes command of that courtroom. Everyone sits up and pays close attention including the jurors. She said they also takes notes more often and drop questions in the question box.

He is so precise.....so clear...so prepared........he doesnt take things out of context and if the defense has tried to do that he clears it up. What has been fascinating to me is it will take Nurmi or Will... forever to question someone but within 5-10 minutes of Juan being up the witness becomes his.

I have enjoyed watching him more than I have any other Prosecutor and believe me I have watched way too many trials in the last two decades.:D

I am confident that in short order he is going to bring the focus back to where it should have been these past few days and that is right on the woman who is far from perfect... even though she pretends to be.

He is going to peel away her mask one onion layer at a time.

I speculated the other day that Juan didn't bring in a lot of evidence that he could have because he was deliberately avoiding "opening the door" for the defense for this type of testimony.

Unfortunately, the defense has an expert who is telling the judge that all of this is relevant to her expert opinion, so the judge is allowing all of it.

Now that the defense is going "there", I think the prosecution will have a whole lot more evidence about what a stalker Jodi was and a lot of other information about her lies and manipulations. I am pretty confident Juan has it under control.

i have watched that abuse experts videos and read her articles and i don't know how she can be classified as an expert :banghead:

on that video above they show the transcripts (and it is terrible folks)

I'm disgusted and my heart aches for TA's family. It's just fricken horrible that she can say anything, ANYTHING she wants with nothing to back it up but her ever lying mouth. Expletives deleted!

How low will Nurmi and co go?

I just lost any last shred of respect for Mr. Nurmi after reading that infantile piece of blackmail. Wow.

You are right it is nothing but blackmail.

What it does show is the state told them what they could do with their blackmail plea.:D

playing dirty is their job.....they do whatever it takes to get their client off or at least lesser charges. A woman's life is literally on the line. He is going to do whatever to try to get her off. it isn't pretty....but they can do whatever they wish as long as it isn't illegal.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

fragile,
Do you think Nurmi believes these lies? Isn't it at the very least unethical if not illegal to perpetuate these lies? To basically use them to blackmail the state?
Our system seem so slanted to make sure the defendant's rights are not violated, and nothing for the helpless victim.
It is IMO a sad state of affairs.

Even Beth Karas who is the most fair and honest on IS imo has said that when he stands up he takes command of that courtroom. Everyone sits up and pays close attention including the jurors. She said they also takes notes more often and drop questions in the question box.

He is so precise.....so clear...so prepared........he doesnt take things out of context and if the defense has tried to do that he clears it up. What has been fascinating to me is it will take Nurmi or Will... forever to question someone but within 5-10 minutes of Juan being up the witness becomes his.

I have enjoyed watching him more than I have any other Prosecutor and believe me I have watched way too many trials in the last two decades.:D

I am confident that in short order he is going to bring the focus back to where it should have been these past few days and that is right on the woman who is far from perfect... even though she pretends to be.

He is going to peel away her mask one onion layer at a time.

I agree 100% especially the more he does not object and scribblesScribblesScribbles. He will pull the whole facade down. IMO atleast.

From your keyboard to God's ears.

fragile,
Do you think Nurmi believes these lies? Isn't it at the very least unethical if not illegal to perpetuate these lies? To basically use them to blackmail the state?
Our system seem so slanted to make sure the defendant's rights are not violated, and nothing for the helpless victim.
It is IMO a sad state of affairs.

As long as he doesnt ask her if she is guilty he can pretend to believe the bs she tells him.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member