Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #27 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to regret asking this, but are all the photos of the defendant shown to the jury available online? I've only seen little ms pigtails looking...odd.

Can someone please tell me how to inure me to Nurmi??

Last night while watching In Session and the JA trial I suffered a splitting headache probably from terminal boredom.

Worse.

I was taken the local ER because I was in “status epilepticus” (persistent seizures) from watching the hypnotic rotary action of Nurmi’s left hand.

Beth K. stated she believes Jodi will be on the stand all next week :what:

As an official member of the AA fellowship for years now, I can tell you that there is no official book of "ettiquette" as your wording implies as to who/how/when a drunk should or should not be videotaped. In fact being laughed at and videotaped (even by strangers) is one of the consequences we learn to own and learn from if we are truly ready. No one likes to be laughed at, but if it is eye opening enough to get someone into "the rooms" as we call it, it really doesn't matter what method was used to save our lives- a true person in recovery will learn to appreciate the milestone as a gratitude as opposed to a resentment. Just my 2 cents. Hiccup! ;-)

:twocents: "We" in the fellowship also can have differing opinions. Thank you for yours.
(40 years)

i think she thought that deleting the photos from the card, and then subjecting it to water submersion, would be enough to "destroy" it.

and yes, it was Travis's camera, that he purchased, to my understanding, to take with him on his trip to Cancun.

I've recovered many 'deleted' images and videos from memory cards and computer hard drives.

Water does not destroy the media or the digital data thereon.

RE: the camera......I seem to remember her telling Det Flores (during her phone interview, maybe?). That "there was nothing MISSING from Travis' house, as far as I KNOW". This is why I think she did not just take the camera, so nothing would be missing. I believe she just thought the wash cycle would ruin it. I am not sure if that statement from her came before or after Flores told her they had found the camera in the wash.

The panties......OMG they are such an amateur job. The letters don't even look like iron on type letters, they look like sticky letters. We use this type of lettering for boat numbers on the hull of boats. Now, is there ANYONE who can even imagine Travis standing at an ironing board ironing on his name to these things? Or even sitting at a table sticking the letters on? She did those things!

ITA with those who feel there was no such box sent from Travis to her anyway. He seemed to be a flowers or heart shaped box kind of guy.

... off some calories.

Really AM goingto quit lurking and log outand shovel now :grumpy:

Love your choice of name here! Love BBT!

Don't resent us Texans for jabbering on about our great weather the last few days...watch us whine and panic in the summer when we are back in the extreme drought conditions! It's been worse, but it's not good here, and at least where I am, every single storm has bypassed us. It's going to be a loooonnnngggg summer again............sigh.

Hi I'm new here but have been following this case from day 0. Fascinatingly tragic. At the moment I am really really worried that the jury may be buying Jodi Arias' meek and mild act. I really hope not. She is so horrid I just hope they see her for the manipulator that she is and she is convicted of slaughtering Travis.
I know that court was not in session yesterday (at least not publicly) but does anybody know if they are in court today?

I am really stuck on those panties. If TA was such a sexual deviant, why would he send her what equates to ganny panties rather than a thong or bikini style panties with his name on them? They don't look like boy shorts to me, they look like granny panties. Has it been testified to what brand of panties these were or have the actual panties been entered into evidence?

Could they have her grandma's? They do not look like boy shorts to me either.

I've caught on to a fascinating body language "tic" I believe Jodi has. When she's recounting THE worst situations, she'll smile slightly. Once she even gave a tiny chuckle.

I'm not certain of what it really means. I'm thinking these smiles are a sign that she's lying -- but I could be wrong. These could also be signs of earnest nervousness (true stories).

But I suspect this slight-smile-tic has to do with lying. I think this because of some body language material I've read. Experts say the body/face always does some type of "release" sign when a lie is being told. Perhaps Jodi's release is this inappropriate, tiny smile -- minor GLEE?!!

Here's where I've noticed it. Definitely when she's telling how:
-- Bobby choked her, she almost passed out, and he threatened to kill her family. (CHUCKLES!?)
-- Travis refused to kiss her after oral in the car / she felt like a prostitute. (CHUCKLES!?)

And here are a few more times I think she may have smiled inappropriately. (I'll have to watch her testimony again to confirm these):
-- When describing talk-less sex the first time, at the Hughes' home.
-- After the Baptism, when Travis took her anally.

It's hard to find any emotion coming from Jodi other than when telling these stories. NONE of these things are humorous: they're HORRIBLE. So why's she smiling & laughing? ... I suspect it's because she is LYING.

When Jodi tells what she did to Travis, I'll be monitoring for her inappropriate Mona Lisa smile...

I've recovered many 'deleted' images and videos from memory cards and computer hard drives.

Water does not destroy the media or the digital data thereon.

that's what i've heard from others, as well.. i was just speculating that j.a. may have thought it would destroy the card.

I think he was supposed to die neatly in the shower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I can't imagine him not being shot first. I posted my theory of the case as follows:

Is it possible that she did shoot him first, say when he was seated in the shower, and that he was unconscious for a while? Her gun jammed so she only gets off one shot. But he's taking too long to die so she knifes him in the chest which bled profusely and washed conveniently down the shower. She sits/leans on the sink trying to figure out what to do next. He wakes up after a few minutes and runs toward her. He is weak, confused, and probably with diminished eyesight (at least in the right eye). She easily evades him. He is unsteady and leans on the sink and coughs out the blood spray. She gets behind him and sets about the business of giving him the remaining 26 stab wounds, which continues as he crawls down the hall. He finally collapses at the end of the hall but still manages to scream for help. At this point she's in a state of frenzy, fury and adrenalin. She cuts his throat to shut him up and end the crisis. Then back to the shower to wash him off.

So what looks like overkill in retrospect isn't. She wanted to shoot him dead in the shower but her gun jammed and he wasn't dying from the one shot. She thought the chest stab was just insurance to finish the job. But he wakes up and she does what she needs to do to finish the job. The whole scene from when he wakes up to her cutting his throat takes less than 30 seconds.

BTW, NurseB does not agree with my "isn't overkill" supposition.

I agree 100%. Mr. Martinez does need to take into account (and I'm sure he has) that the older jurors may have fallen for her innocent little girl testimony; may feel angered that such offensive and sexually implicit pictures and experiences have been forced upon her; may not believe that such a frail and delicate young lady could physically inflict such injuries; that she must have been driven by something horrific to possess her to kill; may not be able to 'read' the shower photos, particularly the tricky one of her dragging; may not be able to comprehend how a camera could seemingly take photos on its own; and may not be able to follow the trail of circumstantial evidence of premeditation. I had no trouble with it, and I am over seventy, but I have no doubt most of my peers would. The 'answer yes or no only' technique could cause a train wreck IMO.

Then again after hearing her life story drag on and on they might welcome it:please:

I agree. I can't imagine him not being shot first. I posted my theory of the case as follows:

Is it possible that she did shoot him first, say when he was seated in the shower, and that he was unconscious for a while? Her gun jammed so she only gets off one shot. But he's taking too long to die so she knifes him in the chest which bled profusely and washed conveniently down the shower. She sits/leans on the sink trying to figure out what to do next. He wakes up after a few minutes and runs toward her. He is weak, confused, and probably with diminished eyesight (at least in the right eye). She easily evades him. He is unsteady and leans on the sink and coughs out the blood spray. She gets behind him and sets about the business of giving him the remaining 26 stab wounds, which continues as he crawls down the hall. He finally collapses at the end of the hall but still manages to scream for help. At this point she's in a state of frenzy, fury and adrenalin. She cuts his throat to shut him up and end the crisis. Then back to the shower to wash him off.

So what looks like overkill in retrospect isn't. She wanted to shoot him dead in the shower but her gun jammed and he wasn't dying from the one shot. She thought the chest stab was just insurance to finish the job. But he wakes up and she does what she needs to do to finish the job. The whole scene from when he wakes up to her cutting his throat takes less than 30 seconds.

BTW, NurseB does not agree with my "isn't overkill" supposition.

I think the above scenario is probably EXACTLY what happened. Nice description.

OMG, We're having thunder snow here in So. Calif. We've had a little snow before but it is really snowing and thundering Very strange.

The Nurmi Trial Watch

TOTALS TO DATE:

Number of revolutions of Nurmi’s left hand - 7,563
Number of Nurmi’s “OK” - 387
Number of Nurmi’s “OK” coupled with “aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndddddd uh” {and} - 1005
Number of “left hand to left ear” brushes - 761
Number of “at that point in time” in the Nurmi questions – 2 302
Number of “let’s back up” or “let’s rewind” in Nurmi questions – 154
Number of “right hand in and out of right pocket” motion – 4509
Length of Nurmi’s facial hair per day- 2.77mm

:twocents: "We" in the fellowship also can have differing opinions. Thank you for yours.
(40 years)

Point taken. Which is why the words "only" and "never" should be clarified as opinion as opposed to definitive, as was stated. Or else those not in the fellowship would mistake those words as factual when in fact they are not. IMHO. ;-)

Hi I'm new here but have been following this case from day 0. Fascinatingly tragic. At the moment I am really really worried that the jury may be buying Jodi Arias' meek and mild act. I really hope not. She is so horrid I just hope they see her for the manipulator that she is and she is convicted of slaughtering Travis.
I know that court was not in session yesterday (at least not publicly) but does anybody know if they are in court today?

:Welcome1: No Court today. Back Monday. I believe when JM gets done with Jodi nobody will believe a word she says. IMO

I'm going to regret asking this, but are all the photos of the defendant shown to the jury available online? I've only seen little ms pigtails looking...odd.

What happens in court, stays on the Internet.

Yes, they are. :shush:

But they're uselessjunk, if you take my meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leledragon24