Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #29 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TruTV InSession has a Mormon 'expert' on right now. Some sort of counselor, I think...

funny that when she found out bobby was cheating she confronted him in the bathroom. there are a lot of bathroom connections in this case and i can't help but feel bathrooms mean something to her. i do think there is something radically wrong with her. listening to her today sounds to me like she thought she and travis were in a relationship but in reality they weren't and she attributed his normal other girl connections as cheating.
i'd love to ask her parents if she was confronted, beaten punished, cornered , bullied or anything traumatic in the bathroom in childhood. several have said she mirrors feelings but has none of her own. i think photography was her mirror of life.

Vinnie: Pointing out that Jodi's testimony about having low self esteem is contrived

ETA: Not Vinnie -- some other HLN guy. I wasn't watching, just had the sound on and thought it was Vinnie, but it wasn't

Mike Brooks sounds just like Vinnie - I've thought the same thing numerous times (I listen to television more than I watch it) :)

Re: testimony being contrived, if it looks/quacks/acts like a :rubberducky: ...

But wait! There's more! If you call now, we'll throw in a free "JA-Reality-Altering" serum! One daily dose warps your recollection of what -actually- occured into something that -didn't- occur but benefit's YOUR version of events! ACT NOW and we'll also throw in an industrial sized bottle of KY personal lubricant! Great for prisoners destined to spend the rest of their life behind bars! Use your one phone call to order now!

LOL Lotus you made me choke laughing at that :floorlaugh:

Travis never knew all the things that Jodi never brought up. He didn't know she didn't like the sex from day one. He didn't know that on a entire seven day vacation together that Jodi was planning on breaking up with him. Jodi didn't express herself because she had low self esteem. Now, she's blaming Travis for not knowing how she really felt. He did not know about her growing rage until she showed up at his house to kill him.
bbm
Jodi wasn't have sex with Travis for her own pleasure. She was "love bombing" Travis/ trapping him with sex for the benefits she received and hoped to receive. She got a lot of nice vacations for bending over the table. She hoped to have her entire life become a vacation by marrying Travis and leeching off of him.
http://psychopathyawareness.wordpre...ychopaths-hook-love-bombing-sex-and-flattery/

Making sense?

She says they said I love you when they just met, then never again while they were "official," then began again after he cheated on her and they broke up. Oh, OK.
Can that possibly make sense to the jury? I don't see how.

She also really screwed up Nuuuuuurrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiii's (that's in homage to his drone-tone) questions about after the NY trip. She's barely speaking to him, no longer has an excuse that she can't get ticket refunds, blah blah blah, but then they spend another week at Disney World, etc. etc, and a good time?

He tried to get her to say she had more than one week off- that would cover the time in NY, but not in CA--, but she couldn't make a straight answer come out of her mouth. It was an inconsequential question (and detail) by itself- how much time off did you have- but she floundered all over the place. I think that's one Juan will follow up.

IMO, Travis was like most other red blooded American guys, and he said "I love you" to get in her panties, he got in them so that was why she never heard those words again. Not dissing the victim here, but that's just boys/men.

Nurmi has been trying to help her by leading questions but she is resisting her own attorney, imo. She is very controlling, and I hope the jury can see that.

You saw it... I saw it... I am SURE the jury sees it to.

I would venture a guess that they see it even more acutely than we do- they are there in person!

BritsKate - It makes me very sad to think your knowledge was not gleaned in an academic manner.
Bless you.

Just FWIW (and then my kids actually want me to cook dinner. Hmph.):

I initially had a lot of sympathy for Jodi. It was my knee jerk reaction to hearing pieces of an account of largely psychological abuse - which can be impossible to identify and is even more difficult to prove in a court of law.

Until the circumstances - like the distance, the fact that she moved to him, that she slashed his tires, she went through his phone - made themselves known. (Like day two of reading into this case.)

Since then I stick very firmly to my belief that, despite her victim act, Jodi is the epitome of an abusive personality herself. The manipulation, the controlling behavior, the violent, threatening tendencies, the ability to cast herself in roles where people find her charming. It is literally all there.

Please pardon me everyone, but I got up late today and had not time to catch up on reading for the entire weekend, had Zombies to watch on TV, LOL, but....

Any news on that stolen Prosecution witness briefcase???? :please:

Thanks in advance!

Passing along:
The Phoenix Police hasn't released further information, but I'm sure the DAs office has the relevant information from the stolen lap top, because in a criminal case, ALL evidence & witnesses from the prosecutor has to be shared with the defense, and vice-versa. If any party withholds evidence from the other, it could cause a mistrial & the offending attorneys could be disbarred over it (lose their license to practice law). Any data on the stolen lap top was for the witnesses own use. The profile Dr. Demarte developed of Jodi would have been written and already in the hands of the prosecutor & defense lawyers.

A reporter on HLN just said that Jodi's friends say that she had quite a bit of self esteem, and thought quite highly of herself. lol

Even on the stand, she comes across as pretty full of herself. Just because she is trying to talk softly and 'act' meek and innocent, it doesn't mean it looks believable. I think her controlling nature and her big ego are still coming through. She is even 'battling' with her own attorney as he tries to gently lead her to say certain things. She stubbornly refuses and it is kind of comical.

ITA, she is completely in control and everything she says and does on the stand are calculated down to how she regulates her voice, where she looks, how she directs her responses. She has a story to tell- it is NOT the truth - and she WILL tell it, whether it fits with her lawyer's questions or not.

Her affect is totally disconnected from what she's saying and I'm sure the DV "expert" will say that's typical of someone who was a victim and/or who has PTSD but IMO it's typical of a psychopath who is incapable of emotion. She's not dissociated because of what she's been through but because she is cold and has no capacity to feel. It's seems obvious, can only hope the jury sees it as well.

bbm
Jodi wasn't have sex with Travis for her own pleasure. She was "love bombing" Travis/ trapping him with sex for the benefits she received and hoped to receive. She got a lot of nice vacations for bending over the table. She hoped to have her entire life become a vacation by marrying Travis and leeching off of him.
http://psychopathyawareness.wordpre...ychopaths-hook-love-bombing-sex-and-flattery/

The thanks button just wasn't enough! Leave it to you to bring it all home. Simple, honest and brutal.

jose miguel‏@reporterjmiguel

#JodiArias jury looking more angered/annoyed than interested. AGAIN, my opinion/observation

Ok this is my opinion about Jodi and Travis's "relationship"

Travis had a weakness he was struggling with..Sex... as hard as he tried to live the Morman life the right way... it was one thing he couldnt break away from.. Jodi gave him Sex...she was like his drug... Jodi used sex as a weapon in this toxic relationship to keep Travis hanging on eventhough it wasnt going anywhere....

Im sure Travis kept trying to break away..but his struggle with sex kept bringing him back to Jodi...It doesnt make him a sexual deviant...makes him any typical male. Only in his case he stuggled to live the Morman lifestyle the way he was brought up to live that way.

Very good post and my sentiments exactly. I notice you are pretty new here so just in case no one has said it.....

:wagon:

I might even suspect that the ninjas will have returned by then since she can't keep her stories straight. I hope there's someone there to help pick Nurmi off the floor.

:floorlaugh:

BBM

Why? :waitasec:

Oh my word... IS is replaying the drunk lady testimony - talk about cray cray!

She was upset because she though the group thought she and Travis were together - that she thought it was inappropriate - especially right in front of her... um... what?

The woman fell on him!

Plus JA thinking it was so funny (no, cruel!) that she videotaped it to show (no, embarrass/humiliate) the woman in the morning - that's the sort of thing an immature 10 year old might do... she is sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ