Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #36 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband has been watching some of the trial and said he thinks the whole pedophile story was her attorney's idea.

I find the pedophilia story a bit perplexing. The defense introduced this story without any possibility of corroboration. As the “talking heads” have been discussing over the past few days, authentic pedophiles hoard their *advertiser censored* on computers and they have a history of seeking out little boys – school teachers, Boy Scout leaders, Camp Volunteers ,etc. TA had no history of being interested in children – little boys in particular. TA, I believe, had NOT accessed any *advertiser censored* sites including pedophile sites on his or anybody’s computer. The story of TA viewing a collection of hard copy prurient photos spread out on his bed while JA was in the next room and with a door unlocked is incredulous.

When I was in college I had a “closet” pedophile as a roommate. I had NO idea he was a pedophile until I learned years later that he had become a pediatrician and had molested boys with regularity. What I did note during college days was that this “guy” never dated women; had no interest in women; and volunteered regularly for boys’ day camps in the mountains. I didn’t give his behavior too much thought at the time because he seemed to be self-conscious, quiet, conservative and otherwise seemed to be “good natured guy” and a “good roommate”.

JA will get cut up pretty badly during cross examination on this pedophile claim and Nurmi et al should know that. The defense has foisted enough slanderous material against TA to make their “case” without invoking this lame incredulous accusation.

I have watched Mr. Carr’s comments with some interest. This relationship between JA and him resembles the dynamics typically seen on “Prison Wives”. Here the outsider – normally a female committing to the male prison inmate – lives a celibate and solitary life and seems totally satisfied if not thrilled by regular jail visits.
There are to be sure male outsiders befriending female inmates. I view these relationships rather cynically, however. I believe the outsider is in love with an “illusion” – a person who for the most part will never be incarnate. The more contemporary internet phenomenon of “catfishing” operates with similar psychological dynamics.

What is in it for the female? Well she has a “captive” audience who will never stray. There is virtually no risk of disagreement or relationship disintegration. The outsider for the most part will never have to deal with “conflict” since the inmate who has NO options will gladly take any loyal fan. These outsider –inmate relationships are risk free – “no muss; no fuss”.

Mr. Carr strikes me as some starry eyed suitor who would believe anything JA told him and is quite content to be her trusted defender. I doubt if Mr. Carr has much capacity to “discern” or “see” people for what they are
. But it is also true that JA is a consummate chameleon who can be anything the male wants her to be – so in that regard the JA- Carr connection is a perfect symbiosis.

I agree 100%...Although Carr has "good intentions", I think he's sort of on some spiritual/religious crusade to be a confidante to Arias...

But Carr does look to the average person following this trial, to have a few screws loose, believing Arias's claims, etc...

It's an entirely different thing to believe her story than being there for someone to talk to

I seriously wonder if he suffers from some disorder himself...maybe he's off his meds?

refresh me again, he missed the call and they came to the door, or who came looking.. where were the roommates when he was dead in the house, and how long before anyone came home?

The girl he was going to Cancun with, hadn't been able to reach him. She went to the house and got no answer so she called friends and they entered the house thru the garage.

*** BTW - I am SO used to helping my Mother, who thinks her computer has a personal vendetta against her (kidding sort of ;) ) in saying things like: "It won't let me do…" or "It turned itself off and won't let me…", that I am used to giving very detailed instructions. so, no offense if this sounds patronizing! It is not meant to!! ***[/QUOTE]

Are you my imaginary daughter?? My computer won't let me do it either!!!
I HATE windows 8 - are you available for tutoring? lol

By the way, some of the "big words" are a PPL thing. Once in the business or "family" they do retreats a lot. They gather and have something like empowerment weekends, or enrich your life, take control of your life.. raise your vocabulary raise your income.

Conference calls that last up to 2 hours can be every other night, this is almost a way to keep you imprisoned. You are called the next day if you do not attend the call, and you are greeted on the phone by your sponsors so to speak. And by god, you better have been in the hospital for bypass surgery or something.

This can drive some in the PPL to live a bit beyond their means thinking they to will have 6 figures soon, only to end up bankrupt and foreclosed on.

They travel a lot, they gather at some of the higher ups "whoever has a big fancier home" for parties to kind up pump each other up. They are tightly connected and intimately involved in each others lives, families who gets married etc. I don't know too many that just go on any normal family vacation, they usually travel to a PPL event. (there is even a large group of PPL here and now they are all vegans) better your body, your life, your future..your future wealth is just a step away.. blah blah...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002608090#post1[/QUOTEWOW thanks for this. They have been disecting the Religious aspects of this crime and not so much the PPL.

hhmmmmmm

In fact, I do believe Travis missed a "conference" call and they went looking for him.

Because its that big of a deal to miss the call. They were not necessarily worried about his welfare, they were probably upset at first that he strayed from the path and interrupted his journey and they would have wanted to know where he was, why he missed the call.

well, he was dead (so he would get excused)

My understanding was that Marie (Mimi) Hall was supposed to go to Cancun with Travis, and tried calling him to confirm/finalize plans for the trip, but he wasn't answering calls, returning calls nor responding to emails and/or texts. That was not like him, so she drove to his house to talk with him. When there was no answer at the door, she called mutual friends who met her at the house and knew the garage door code. One of Travis' housemates was in the house with his girlfriend (apparently oblivious to the stench of death). The girlfriend had been feeding Napoleon in the meantime. That's when one of the guys went up to Travis' bedroom and found the door locked, then located the key and discovered his corpse.

I believe I got all that from reading Det. Flores' report of his interview with Mimi. Someone here had posted a link to that PDF file.

Here's my thought about Gus Searcy's revelation about Jodi phoning him on "the day Travis was killed". I think she probably called him at 3:30 am the night Travis' body was discovered, which was actually five days after he was slaughtered by her.

The Pedophile story probably came into her head when she recalled watching poor Michael Jackson's trial... god love her, she is her own story telling machine. Her life story reads like the last decade of bits and pieces from many high profile cases.

Mark my words, a glove is about to make an appearance in court. Kirk will make her try it on

[/QUOTEWOW thanks for this. They have been disecting the Religious aspects of this crime and not so much the PPL.

hhmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

That's what I noticed, there seems to have been a bit of Mormon bashing and that is misdirected. Could it be they are just unfamiliar with what his work was or they are attempting to stay as far away from making any issue of that as possible?

Has anyone seen the text (or maybe it was an email) that one of TA's friend mentioned, in which TA told JA he wanted her out of his life? I'm curious as to the date & substance. I wonder if it was around the time of his final blog.

AHAHAHAAAHAAAA!

One of my fellow teachers gave us all Valentines today with a.......

TOBLERONE!

I haven't had one of those in years and daggum..... I'd forgotten how good those beotches are!

Jodi can't harsh my choco buzz today!!!!! Nom nom nom....

I agree with you Stephanie...I've learned a lot as well. Some things will never be the same..mostly brands of candy.

Another thing that has bothered me is when Nurmi and JA both said something to the effect that "hanging out" means "having sex". I have teenagers and will now have to ask many more questions when they say they are going to "hang out"...ugh.

Today on CNN I saw an ad for a virtual "Fireside Hangout" with Obama. Just don't think I'll be able to watch that one.

-------------

I wouldnt worry brouhaha anything means sex to jodi..:seeya:

AHAHAHAAAHAAAA!

One of my fellow teachers gave us all Valentines today with a.......

TOBLERONE!

I haven't had one of those in years and daggum..... I'd forgotten how good those beotches are!

Jodi can't harsh my choco buzz today!!!!! Nom nom nom....

------------
I've never had one. I want one!!!!!:seeya: AKA chocoholic nore..

I think this is where Jodi adopted some of her language/words...probably does not know what they mean though.

thanks for the link in your other post. i had not heard anything about ppl until this case.

i thought she was reading readers digest word of the week over 4yrs:floorlaugh:

A quick question : In what room and location within the room was the bullet casing found?
I am presuming in the bathroom, thus the debate whether bullet came first or last, but was it on the floor, sink, near shower?

TIA

As I understand the crime scene photos, the bullet casing resided near the sink on top of a collection of dried blood. The conclusion that is often drawn – “casing on top of blood” means the “gun shot followed the stabbing” – however, is flawed. We know there was a lot of movement of both bodies. There was a violent struggle going on in the bathroom, the hallway, and finally in the bedroom. That single bullet casing could easily have been kicked on top of a blood splatter while struggling or even while JA was frantically trying to clean up. It cannot be apodictically inferred that the casing came to rest at a point where it was expelled by the gun.

I believe indeed that the gun shot came first, followed on by the rain of stab wounds. Why would a smart murderess like JA open her assault with a messy unsure knife attack when she could inflict an instantaneous death with a well targeted gunshot wound to the brain? JA just didn’t know where in TA head to point the gun in order to bring him down. Had she studied crime movies she would have known to point the gun through TA temple and try for a horizontal trajectory through TA midbrain or to put a bullet through his open mouth pointing straight back

That is an interesting point because the detective at that point informed her they could only do that had she run the red light.

So that still begs debate
Did she either a) make that statement because she knew the plates were upright in AZ or b) make that statement because she knew they couldn't capture her on film without a violation?

I think she thought the cameras showed every car going through the intersection. If she thought she had beat the system with the plate flip (she probably read that somewhere.) then she would think she was free of detection and offer up to the detective that he should check the cameras.

When he told her the cameras only caught those running red lights, not all cars, she realized at not being caught by the camera wasn't going to prove she wasn't there and IIRC that subject was dropped.

Is there a searchable transcript of the interviews? I was barely watching the tapes on TV and when I heard her tell him to check the cameras it jerked me to attention, it seemed contrived, rehearsed, it. would be helpful to replay it.

In fact, I do believe Travis missed a "conference" call and they went looking for him.

Because its that big of a deal to miss the call. They were not necessarily worried about his welfare, they were probably upset at first that he strayed from the path and interrupted his journey and they would have wanted to know where he was, why he missed the call.

well, he was dead (so he would get excused)

Yes, somewhere there is a picture of a day planner for Travis, he was scheduled for a conference call with none other than good old Gus the night he was killed. So, if jA did in fact call Gus that same night/ early morning, don't you think they WOULD have found him sooner?

Travis's roomate Zack said the day after he found Travis dead, Arias was cool as a cuccumber, she actually colored her hair brunette...He really though this was odd..She really had no emotion he was expecting from her

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vUNjseDrd4"]Jodi Arias Trial Day 3- Nancy Grace- Travis's Roommate Interview - YouTube[/ame]

thanks for the link in your other post. i had not heard anything about ppl until this case.

i thought she was reading readers digest word of the week over 4yrs:floorlaugh:

:-) I guess for PPL think Tony Robbins? (Motivational Speaker) and multi millionaire, but I don't take offense to him, in fact, the few glimpses I have caught of him online over the years he is selling a PRODUCT. Looks like motivational DVD's.. lifts you up, maybe teaches you the value of positive thinking, etc etc Change the way you think and things can turn around...

You buy, you listen, you learn. (Like a Yoga tape, or Jazzercize!) :fence:

You are not then required to call 256 leads a day and be in a constant state of "marketing" to friends and family or you get the "call" or the "visit" for under performing.

After all, you are a winner, or you are a loser, you with us, or you are against us...are you a success or a failure.. ONLY you control the wealth that is your future.

LOLLLL I'm kidding ROFL. I mean I am not kidding, that's a typical speech... Ok PPL don't you dare come to my house, you hear me. I will astral project myself right out of here.

i feel like she sounds like a chick who used to be my client.

everytime I saw her she would talk about this boyfriend...for like two years.

he transferred his job to move away from her
he would never call her back and would lose his phone a lot.
he would completely disappear
he would have a girl answer his phone and then say she was a "cleaning lady"
he would only have an hour to spend on the holidays....

and on and on.

but she insisted he was the one...and she would talk about phone calls they had and every detail and on and on ...as though this was a REAL relationship.

it was so bizarre....just like jodi....except for she had no anger.

I think jodi wanted to ruin Travis and maybe would have tried to blackmail him for money.

I am not even sure the texts about her being a *advertiser censored* slave were even sent by travis...she could have sent those from his phone while he slept.

the idea of some chick coming thru the doggie door

FREAKS ME THE HE__ OUT!

can you imagine?

I can imagine. I had to resort to night lights in the hallway outside my bedroom door this week! Not for my 4 year old, but because this trial has scared the heck out of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams