Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #36 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haz confuse! I'm still pretty young, even I can concede that the Kim Kardashian Being a celebrity for being a urinal cake (please don't ban me!) confuses me. Sex is not a mystery but with the girls I work with FBing pics that go beyond the pale. Not exactly girl power. I say all of this to point out, so what if Travis used Jodi (even though she could have picked a different career--*advertiser censored* star, and Travis was a complete user of Jodi and was a sexual hypocrit) so what? She went all Fatal Attraction on him. He is dead and she is still spouting her special brand of crud

As has been amply discussed by the “talking heads” this week, the “so what if TA used JA for a sexual object” counts toward the notion that JA was abused. Initially, the defense contends, JA was psychologically “abused” and then defense contends she was physically battered. This kind of abuse does not excuse per se a self-defense homicide; but the defense is laying the foundation that suggests a certain “state of mind”.

The “state of mind” stemming from repeated abuse will then explain the “I snapped” phenomenon. The “I snapped” will then explain the “over kill”. It, of course, remains to be seen if the jury buys this convoluted explanation but this account that has laboriously and ponderously been laid down over the past 3 weeks may get JA off death row. And if that turns out to be the case, ( if not a downgraded verdict to 2nd degree murder) it will represent a HUGE victory for the defense.

I personally will wager that JA will NOT be sentenced to death if found guilty of 1 st degree murder and that will be because of the reasons cited above.

Anyone else getting this message with a "trumpet" sound when they "Thank" a few people in a row.

Attachments

• WS Notice.PNG
    WS Notice.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 30
I haz confuse! I'm still pretty young, even I can concede that the Kim Kardashian Being a celebrity for being a urinal (please don't ban me!) confuses me. Sex is not a mystery but with the girls I work with FBing pics that go beyond the pale. Not exactly girl power. I say all of this to point out, so what if Travis used Jodi (even though she could have picked a different career--*advertiser censored* star, and Travis was a complete user of Jodi and was a sexual hypocrit) so what? She went all Fatal Attraction on him. He is dead and she is still spouting her special brand of crud

ITA, If Travis was using Jodi for sex....so what? All she had to do was walk away from the situation. Using someone for sex does not give you the right to butcher that person. Listening to the sex tapes, it certainly seemed like Jodi didn't have a problem with it.
And we have yet to see any evidence of him abusing her. She was good enough to have sex with, but not good enough to marry. This angered her. And it all boils down to "if I can't have him, no one can".

This was jealous, premeditated, overkill....because someone had the nerve to break up with Jodi. No one tells Jodi no. Every day I watch her sit on the stand and drag Travis' name through the mud....makes me realize I am right in hoping she gets the DP.

My understanding was that Marie (Mimi) Hall was supposed to go to Cancun with Travis, and tried calling him to confirm/finalize plans for the trip, but he wasn't answering calls, returning calls nor responding to emails and/or texts. That was not like him, so she drove to his house to talk with him. When there was no answer at the door, she called mutual friends who met her at the house and knew the garage door code. One of Travis' housemates was in the house with his girlfriend (apparently oblivious to the stench of death). The girlfriend had been feeding Napoleon in the meantime. That's when one of the guys went up to Travis' bedroom and found the door locked, then located the key and discovered his corpse.

I believe I got all that from reading Det. Flores' report of his interview with Mimi. Someone here had posted a link to that PDF file.

Here's my thought about Gus Searcy's revelation about Jodi phoning him on "the day Travis was killed". I think she probably called him at 3:30 am the night Travis' body was discovered, which was actually five days after he was slaughtered by her.

On the 48 Hours docu...it was stated that TA's friends had not heard from him in nearly one week. Chris Hughes stated that he had left msgs and sent texts and told Sky that something was wrong and they needed to call the police. Then Hughes said he received a call telling him that TA was dead.

I guess Hughes never called the police or any of TA's friends that lived nearby
because like we all know, Mimi went to check and called. Nearly every complimentary thing Hughes said about Travis was in relationship with PPL. I wonder if that is as far as the relationship went.

I wonder why Hughes did not call the police? Maybe Mimi discovered the murder right after Hughes suggested to his wife that they call the police so the news got back the Hughes right away. I don't know the timeline.

On the 48 Hours docu...it was stated that TA's friends had not heard from him in nearly one week. Chris Hughes stated that he had left msgs and sent texts and told Sky that something was wrong and they needed to call the police. Then Hughes said he received a call telling him that TA was dead.

because like we all know, Mimi went to check and called. Nearly every complimentary thing Hughes said about Travis was in relationship with PPL. I wonder if that is as far as the relationship went.

I wonder why Hughes did not call the police? Maybe Mimi discovered the murder right after Hughes suggested to his wife that they call the police so the news got back the Hughes right away. I don't know the timeline.

ALL friends of Travis, if related to PPL will pretty much sound the same. Kind of stepford wife like... Can we identify one person speaking out for him that is not PPL (how about Mimi??)

What JM pointed out was that the "To" section of the email (that was said to have been an email *TO* Abe Abdehadi) showed it was "To" Travis and not Abe at all. JM mentioned something about a "BCC" (blind copy), but never expanded on that.
I think it's all very fishy because she was breaking into his email. who is to say she wrote emails, sent them to Travis, broke into his account, printed them, then deleted them??
Makes sense to me, Skip'Lu -- JA thinks she is still cruising. That's how it goes when you are the smartest one in the room, right?!

:viking:JM is gathering his little rosebuds as he may and putting them in his ammo bag.... The next time we see them, IMO, is when he brings out one of those little rosebuds & it explodes in JA's face because it has turned into a big fat bomb...

:rose::rose::rose: ------------------------------> :fireworks2:

icon10.gif

Why is Gus, and for that matter, everyone on HLN, acting like Jodi calling him at 3AM on the 5th is such a big deal? Juan has already gone through her phone records, and if what Gus says is true, Juan already knew that.
Especially in hindsight, it is especially unimportant. She has already admitted she murdered him in a heinous manner.
Too little too late, Gus - lime-lighter!!

As I understand it, the value of such a call would be to determine if JA in that call mentioned anything at all about "self defense". Or if she said something about being attacked by TA.
Otherwise no big deal.

Doug Grant Case

Martinez places an objection right at the end of the defence closing statement.........

Mel McDonald (Defence): What you decide will live beyond this courtroom...Thank you so much for your commitment and your time. And may God bless you. Its been a privilege.

Juan Martinez: We're gonna object. It's pandering to say God bless you.

Mel McDonald: It's not pandering. (through gritted teeth)

Judge: Overruled.

ok, Mimi is also PPL and may have been on the Conference call that Travis missed, in turn Mimi went looking.

Ok, still on the hunt for one friend that is not PPL (not including his siblings, I don't think they are but I'm just curious)

But the visual of Jodi slithering through the doggie door in the dead of night just adds another level of creepiness to Jodi's character. I can see her with the knife blade clenched between her cheeks (either pair!)!! :floorlaugh:

-----------
As to the doggie door, from what I've seen of jodi and doggie doors, he must have had a St. Bernard...those doors are normally small.:beagle: :seeya:

Random thought.
I believe DB told a few fibs on the stand. One of them, not knowing weather or not his ex-wife had a boob job.
DB was forced to have contact with his ex because of their shared custody of their son. I can't believe Jodi was alright with that.
I'm wondering the time frame between DB's ex, and Jodi's boob jobs. I'm thinking Jodi's may have been scheduled oh, - however long it takes to get an apt after finding out about DB's ex.
I think there are a lot of things DB COULD share if he were willing.

As I understand the crime scene photos, the bullet casing resided near the sink on top of a collection of dried blood. The conclusion that is often drawn – “casing on top of blood” means the “gun shot followed the stabbing” – however, is flawed. We know there was a lot of movement of both bodies. There was a violent struggle going on in the bathroom, the hallway, and finally in the bedroom. That single bullet casing could easily have been kicked on top of a blood splatter while struggling or even while JA was frantically trying to clean up. It cannot be apodictically inferred that the casing came to rest at a point where it was expelled by the gun.

I believe indeed that the gun shot came first, followed on by the rain of stab wounds. Why would a smart murderess like JA open her assault with a messy unsure knife attack when she could inflict an instantaneous death with a well targeted gunshot wound to the brain? JA just didn’t know where in TA head to point the gun in order to bring him down. Had she studied crime movies she would have known to point the gun through TA temple and try for a horizontal trajectory through TA midbrain or to put a bullet through his open mouth pointing straight back

Excellent point! I have come round to thinking the gun was the logical first choice. She effectively had Travis cornered and probably intended to pick him off with a single shot. I believe she was carrying the knife as insurance - and needed it.

Further - have you noticed the general feeling that Travis was staring at the gun in the final face photo? That interpretation owes too much to film. It's clear he is staring straight into the camera lens. In my opinion the tiny .25 was on the floor behind her, in her pocket, or elsewhere out of sight. She dropped the camera to pick up the gun.

After the slaughter she then trod on the upside-down camera, inadvertently taking the most incriminating photo of all.

I'm in your club, bullet first. It really does make more sense. The only way I can possibly imagine is when that failed, she actually DID have to defend herself! Not that it wasn't intended to kill him in the 1st place, of course, but his only reaction would be to then attack. At that point she had to be terrified, as it was definitely a two way fight to the death. On the other hand, if she had been the one first attacked & was acting in self defense, she most certainly wouldn't have had to kill him! He was in no condition to chase her further than that hall, so then get out & call the police!! JMO

Here is a thread regarding sequence of events. You can post your opinion and vote in the poll...

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196224"]Jodi Arias; the sequence of events - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Ok... I left this alone in the last weeks because it is useless gossip...but now I am totally bored with the Gus Searcy Channel (aka HLN)

So... can anyone tell me what is up with ths Donavan person?

I saw this post by "Chad Perkins" on TA's Myspace. I wonder if JA set up a dummy account with that name so she could post and embarrass TA. TA might have added "Chad" even if he did not "know" him. He could have thought it was somebody he had met in passing at a PPL convention. I remember in the early days of MS and FB people were adding "friends" left and right even if they had not seen them since grammar school. If "Chad Perkins" is a real friend he is warped. IMO

"Chad Perkins
Twas two nights before Christmas, and all through the greater Phoenix area, Travis was cruising for underage boys to make his Christmas more cozy. Have fun, just don't violate the terms of your probation!"

http://www.myspace.com/tvalexander

I saw that. It appears Chad is a real person posting as himself. There are quite a few other posts also by him that seem as though he is pals with not just TA but the whole gang.

Some of the things TA posted himself kinda turned me off, too. Especially photo caps. :(

But I guess that's really neither here nor there. Even if TA had BEEN some raging pedo ( um, sure) JA did not have the right to kill him.

But I agree that Chad post caused me to raise an eyebrow.......hmmmmm

As has been amply discussed by the “talking heads” this week, the “so what if TA used JA for a sexual object” counts toward the notion that JA was abused. Initially, the defense contends, JA was psychologically “abused” and then defense contends she was physically battered. This kind of abuse does not excuse per se a self-defense homicide; but the defense is laying the foundation that suggests a certain “state of mind”.

I personally will wager that JA will NOT be sentenced to death if found guilty of 1 st degree murder and that will be because of the reasons cited above.

So sorry for snipping your quote. Had to:truce: seriously. Nothing that the defense has put forth defends her actions. Nothing. 1,000 miles. Breaking into grandparents place for a gun, nada. I am not a fan of the death penalty, my own reasons, but I sincerely would not shed a tear if she dies. She cannot be cured. And forever will and always be a threat. Also, she has zero conscious. None.

As I understand it, the value of such a call would be to determine if JA in that call mentioned anything at all about "self defense". Or if she said something about being attacked by TA.
Otherwise no big deal.

JC interviewed him on HLN. He said Jodi was very upset and emotional, that Travis was dead, was vague on the details of the death.
Then Gus went on to ask her if she was ok, if she needed a ride, and asked where she was.
Good ol Gus.
The only thing that could come out of this imo, is that Gus could get in trouble big time for not calling LE immediately.
Lime-light - take a big bite out of Gus's butt!!

Weren't the Hughes in Mexico when this happened? I thought Travis was supposed to meet them in Mexico the day after he was killed...or the next day. I could be wrong :moo:

I was just thinking....

I keep going back to where Jodi was interrogated by LE, they asked if he knew she was going to visit, did she ever answer them?

I didn't think she answered. I noticed it every time I watched that partof the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe