Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #36 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right... JA could stop at Starbucks, but needed to take cans of gas to save time?

Yeah, and those gas cans in the trunk made the rental car a fast moving bomb. Just think if she had rolled that car or gotten rear ended with those gas cans flying around in the trunk! :what:

I still haven't totally figured out the p message system on this site so I ain't too worried.

A company surfing chat boards? That 'dedication' borders on cultish behavior IMO.

Steve Hassan, author of Combatting Cult Mind Control (1988), writes, "Any group that engages in outright deception to pursue its ends, whether religious or secular in its apparent orientation, I define as a destructive cult." (Hassan, 1988) He further defines mind control as:

a system of influences that disrupts an individual's identity (beliefs, behavior, thinking, and emotions) and replaces it with a new identity...Not all mind control techniques are inherently bad or unethical; for some, the manner in which they are used is what is important." (Hassan, 1988)
-and-
"f mind control is used to change a person's belief system without informed consent and make him dependent on outside authority figures, the effects can indeed be devastating." (emphasis original) (Hassan, 1988)

The criteria for evaluating an organization are applied to a business similar to Prepaid Legal in the following analysis of Amway. Decide for yourself how much exploitation you see in PPL, especially considering a "superstar" like sleezeball Gus Searcy stooping down to assist on a weekly basis a promiscuous attractive woman whose total earnings for the year were $1700. Where was his payback? He didn't get where he is from wasting his time.

He reminds me of the has-been Willy Loman in "Death of a Salesman," proclaiming his own popularity, "They LOVE me in Boston!"

http://www.cocs.com/jhoagland/amcult.html

Anagrammy

Nope, no trial today or tomorrow, and I think Monday is a national holiday, Presidents Day. Time to catch up on sleep and housework. :banghead: We're never going to get to Cross by Juan.

I'm thinking we will be lucky to get to cross examination in the month of February.

So they are addressing you in an email and not on the board? correcting an assumption on the board would be educational... contact by email seems like intimidation. JMO

It is intimidation and nothing subtle about it.

I love it!!!!! This takes away the Arias before the long weekend finish that Nurmi was going for.

Now it will end (most likely) next week with cross!

I've always thought the glass was half full instead of half empty, so I think no court today will give the jury more time to think about Jodi and all her lies.

So did I hear correctly that Jodi deleted Travis's text to her and only has her text to him?

If so, why am I not surprised.

I'm happy about the delay too!

That is just creepy.
I've pet sat for friends who were out of town and didn't feel comfortable opening the silverware drawer, much less their closets, .etc.

Bizarre. I would feel very uncomfortable breaching someone's privacy in that way.

I wouldn't worry too much about Juan having time to prepare. He's a pro and will be ready and AMAZING!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII (so please excuse the typos!)

And he still gets the weekend to prepare!

I almost wonder if the judge "got sick" in order to derail the defense timing strategy.

Wth the Judge called in sick??!!! Guess she really needed a 4 day weekend!! :lol:
Okay fine, I'm sorry she's not feeling well but that sure did mess up my schedule for the day! Guess I'll have to go take care of the various errands I've been putting off. :banghead:

Newsflash: Judge in Arias case calls in sick. Trial to resume on Tuesday. US economy and work productivity jumps 50%.

Nope, no trial today or tomorrow, and I think Monday is a national holiday, Presidents Day. Time to catch up on sleep and housework. :banghead: We're never going to get to Cross by Juan.
Thanks. I rushed home from shopping and ...no seal! No live streaming! Arrggh.

Thanks for answering.

E'ffin gas cans. She should have driven to Florida first. George keeps them in his shed. <sigh>

I hate that I am off today. Huge commissions to be had. No trial. Sorry mods, must rant, %#*^! okay, I feel better. :)

I just finished jodi's lie-imony..sooo... who is giving tootsie pops and pop rocks for Valentine's day??
:rolleyes:
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Here's yours :seeya:

Bubbly-Hostess.jpg

But at least with Tupperware, Mary Kay, Avon, etc there is an actual product you can hold in your hand, use it daily. How do you know if you will ever need legal aide in your life? I only needed a lawyer once in my life, divorce, and the judge made my ex pay the $52,000 for my legal fees, the total balance. If I'd had PPL, I might not have gotten that ruling!

The first law firm I worked for (in the mid-90s) became the "provider" for PPL in AZ shortly after I started there. They would have all the younger lawyers "work the phones" and answer questions on selected evenings. You were given a time limit to research the law and answer the questions to ensure that a profit was made.

I refused to participate on ethical grounds--among other things, not every legal question can be answered within a specified time limit. Some are more complex than others. Also, we were supposed to report certain things to PPL that IMO should have been confidential information between the attorneys and the clients. All the other associates thought I would get fired, but apparently my legal work was good enough to save me lol. :) I still found a new job as soon as I could.

I don't have a problem with PPl. There's a market for that kind of thing. The only one who made PPl look bad was Gus. He's about to testify in a murder trial of one of his acquaintances and here he is giving a seminar on PPl. It was not the time or the place. He came across as someone looking for attention and there to sell a product. Not to help in any way, but to sign up those in the courtroom. His behavior was disgusting. Also when he couldn't answer about having a lawyer it made PPl look bad, here you are selling this insurance to everyone and you don't a have a lawyer on hand? I don't thik anyone is looking down on PPl but just Gus..IMO

I think the jury will be elated to not have to listen to jodi for 4 days

No doubt we'll be back Tuesday and nurmi will have backtracked to jodis conception

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Why does she refer to Chris and Sky as "Chris and Sky Hughes" in her email to Travis? I think it's weird that if you both know the people (and know them well) why would you use their last name? Makes the email look super staged to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII (so please excuse the typos!)

Does anyone know when (time) that Martinez got to ask Jodi some questions? I want to go back & read about it, but am not sure where to start. TIA

FYI - A tarantula hawk:
images

Not to be messed with. I saw one a few years ago flying around the back porch - bumping into the big windows looking out onto the porch. At first I thought, "Cool!" Biggest hornet/wasp I'd ever seen! Beautiful coloring... then I looked it up and it has one of the most (if not the most) painful stings among insects... :)

The first law firm I worked for (in the mid-90s) became the "provider" for PPL in AZ shortly after I started there. They would have all the younger lawyers "work the phones" and answer questions on selected evenings. You were given a time limit to research the law and answer the questions to ensure that a profit was made.

I refused to participate on ethical grounds--among other things, not every legal question can be answered within a specified time limit. Some are more complex than others. Also, we were supposed to report certain things to PPL that IMO should have been confidential information between the attorneys and the clients. All the other associates thought I would get fired, but apparently my legal work was good enough to save me lol. :) I still found a new job as soon as I could.

Was it an "LDS" firm -- meaning one where management committee is predominantly LDS. It seems like PPL has a major LDS connection. Not driving at anything. Just curious about that in general.

FYI - A tarantula hawk:
images

Not to be messed with. I saw one a few years ago flying around the back porch - bumping into the big windows looking out onto the porch. At first I thought, "Cool!" Biggest hornet/wasp I'd ever seen! Beautiful coloring... then I looked it up and it has one of the most (if not the most) painful stings among insects... :)

That's a big hornet/wasp:what:

Earlier to day on the trial Facebook page, someone posted that Jodi called one of the roommates when she arrived that night, from right outside the house and they didn't know she was coming. Has anyone heard that little tidbit before?

So, how many questions are going to be asked from WS'ers to Gus? I'd wager one, if that. I hope at least one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876