Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine who is an appellate public defender (for juveniles, so no DP) says "ineffective counsel" is the go-to claim for all appeals because it is broad enough to fit almost every case. And the Supreme Court has greatly limited the other grounds for appeal that used to be available to defendants.

It isn't a waste of tax payer money. We're using to watching televised trials. Trials that aren't on TV see all sorts of misconduct by counsel, including sleeping during testimony!

Actually I've been privy to 23 years of death penalty appeals, MOST for preposterous claims. Appealing on everything and anything, no matter how far fetched. A 7 year 10 million dollar plus hearing to prove murderers convicted of first degree felony murder AND the associated conspiracy are "mentally retarded" is just one example.

Another would be flying a 90 something yr old man and his wife from Germany for their first trip to the US to testify his specific recollection from one student in his first grade class oh, about 60 yrs prior..as if he recalled specific days of minimal misbehavior. Yes that's another waste of my taxpayer dollars and doesn't speak to any misconduct of any lawyer, unless we're talking about the appellate lawyers grasping at straws. But we condone this...and pay for it.

What other sentence for violent offenders takes decades and millions of taxpayer dollars to carry out?

Yes, this is a waste of taxpayer money. I do have the backup for what I'm claiming. I'm living right in the middle of it.

one thing i simply can not wrap my brain around is the fact that she went for days.. Knowing travis was dead in that shower and she said or did nothing. How did she get through those five days knowing she had killed him and left him there? Five days!!
How did she eat... Sleep... Function knowing what she knew? Then... After he had been found she was on the phone calling flores. I can't seem to fill in the gap of those five days.

the mind of a cold blooded killer

Probably fairly obvious, but does anyone have any idea what this object is?

1exapd.jpg

... He is asleep, ....I am a graphic artist and photo re-toucher for many years so I did superimpose the ky so we know what it is. And I edited to block any nudity)

crimescene.jpg
snipped for relevance.

jmo I think he is awake, just looking down.

He looks either drugged or scared to death. It does not look like an enjoyable consenting event.

The pic where they show him in a slumped position in the shower w/o his head showing ...does anyone know what sequence this happened..was he deceased already? This isnt the position they found him when his body was discovered.

http:// s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/arizonavjodiarias/media/Camera%20Photos/travis18_zps79bb516b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=21

Here's the same pic from another source - check out the bottom right of the pic - opinions on what the silverish object could be ? Also, TA strangely appears to have his legs crossed in the pic and there is a dark area under his right leg ? Shadow perhaps ? Blood starting to pool ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/jodi-arias-crime-scene-photos_n_2412031.html#slide=1985293

I know - it's awful! It just makes you wonder how in the world one person could do that to another. And to make it even worse, not even feel any remorse at all!!

ITA. I didn't know there were conscienceless people in this world until I married one. While not a murderer, he did things that don't make sense to the average person. Call me naive, but unless we're one of them, I think we're all surprised and painfully shocked when we discover they exist - especially in our own lives.

It took me a few minutes but where it says 5:22 on bottom, start moving your eyes up and the center of the camera lens should be over the first 2. Or look at his right ear and start going down slowly and you should see her elbow!

OR go to mole in center of his black (or whatever that dark thing is) and look to the right of it about an inch over and its the center of the camera that she is holding vertically over her face

Here? I still don't see anything. :dunno:

mvkv90.jpg

I've been reading along but not posting much... but I just have to say that this case makes me sick. Not many cases affect me like this one has. It's absolutely haunting. I think about Travis constantly and how he died. I almost wish I hadn't started following it. I almost feel as though I knew Travis, cared about him, and feel the pain of losing him.

I hate that woman.

Jetaime ~ that is Juan's pen, this pictures are screenshots from the live feeds.

Here? I still don't see anything. :dunno:

mvkv90.jpg

I don't see it either.

No offense to anyone but sometimes I think people look too much into these pictures because they want to see something. :)

I wonder what JA's thinking about while the tape is playing? Surely the crime is going through her mind. Like a movie. At least, I hope so.

Before the tape was played, when Nurmi asked the DP to be taken off the table, I had the impression JA wanted to plead guilty instead of going through with this charade. I have absolutely no idea if that's even possible, but JA really looked defeated when she returned before the tape was played.

Does someone have the pictures in order with the times handy? I know I saw someone post it here before but I can't find it.

Actually I've been privy to 23 years of death penalty appeals, MOST for preposterous claims. Appealing on everything and anything, no matter how far fetched. A 7 year 10 million dollar plus hearing to prove murderers convicted of first degree felony murder AND the associated conspiracy are "mentally retarded" is just one example.

Another would be flying a 90 something yr old man and his wife from Germany for their first trip to the US to testify his specific recollection from one student in his first grade class oh, about 60 yrs prior..as if he recalled specific days of minimal misbehavior. Yes that's another waste of my taxpayer dollars and doesn't speak to any misconduct of any lawyer, unless we're talking about the appellate lawyers grasping at straws. But we condone this...and pay for it.

What other sentence for violent offenders takes decades and millions of taxpayer dollars to carry out?

Yes, this is a waste of taxpayer money. I do have the backup for what I'm claiming. I'm living right in the middle of it.

Also once the defendant takes the stand the appeal issues go way way down.

Nurmi didnt want JA on the stand imo but no one can stop a sociopath. They love to talk and talk and talk and talk and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie. It will be her downfall in the end.

IMO

I don't see it either.

No offense to anyone but sometimes I think people look too much into these pictures because they want to see something. :)

Agreed. And I think this applies to statements and actions as well!

Good Morning, popsicle! Totally O/T, but your pup is gorgeous. I love all dogs (mine in particular - because he's one of my 3 children, my only son, and the only one with fur, heehehe. We all love our own babies).
I love everyone's :heartbeat:dog:heartbeat:, kitty, emu, etc. avatars). :)

Okay - back on topic

Morning PW and thanks! I read the post about your beauty, he's very sweet. My baby, Jack, thinks he is a 110 lb lap dog and takes up half my bed. :heartbeat:

i think he called voire dire because defense was trying to misrepresent a piece of their (so called) evidence :twocents:

If the email addressed to and sent to Abe Abdelhadi actually existed, why didn't the defense use that one as the piece of evidence up on the screen? JM didn't ask that question (maybe because it would have been beyond voir dire to do so.) It was good that he was able to point out the fact that this message was addressed to Travis' gmail in the To: field. Now the jury only has Jodi's word that the story she told about the reason for writing this message is the truth. They must know by now that she's fabulating a large portion of her testimony.

Do stations/websites that televise/internet(ise) trials pay royalties, of sorts, to the counties in question? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member