Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spit ballin' here

A non fatal wound to the the head could have made him delirious, chasing her.... she stabs him repeatedly.

On the other hand, shooting him first, she probably would have left him for dead right away. I mean, that's the way it happens in TV shows and movies. JA watches a LOT of those.

But, then again, why shoot him AFTER all the stabbing and virtual decapitation?

However JA did it, she wanted him DEAD. She planned it ahead of time, went there and did it.

And what is the first thing someone would do if they had not planned to kill their victim and it truly was self defense? You would get the heck out of there because you'd be so scared he would still come after you. You would not be there for a couple of hours, doing wash, trying to clean up, dragging the body to the shower, etc. You'd be so scared you'd run. That is the normal reaction. jmo

If anything, I see in this "reflection" a naked Jodi with two rather large aureoles - which correlates with the naked pose of her on the floor (with the braids). She very easily could have killed Travis while she was naked and therefore, no blood splattered clothing. All she had to do was wash off any blood from her body, get dressed and leave.

ME's have been wrong before and I have heard way more evidence of other professionals whose scenarios make more sense to me.

There is another thread just for this discussion.

No its a poll thread, no discussion allowed.

The events have been largely debated in the trial. What do you think was the sequence of events?

**no debate/discussion here but you can state your opinion**

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196224"]Jodi Arias; the sequence of events - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I guess I'm alone on this, but I don't have anything against Jose Baez. Everyone has the right to the strongest defense possible. The jury gave the verdict NOT Baez. They heard the evidence and unanimously agreed.

If anything, I see in this "reflection" a naked Jodi with two rather large aureoles - which correlates with the naked pose of her on the floor (with the braids). She very easily could have killed Travis while she was naked and therefore, no blood splattered clothing. All she had to do was wash off any blood from her body, get dressed and leave.
There is the one pic of Jodi's striped sweatpants and shoe with TA bleeding on the floor which would negate that theory ... unless she was naked from the waist up.

<very respectfully snipped this great post>
-Blow through her savings
-Stop paying bills towards the house
-Begin burning through her actual credit balance (making mortgage payments on those- remember) I do not know anyone who has payed their mortgage with a credit card. I'm sure some people do, I don't know them.

legitimate question.. if the house is being foreclosed on, why would she bother making mortgage payments? ... i don't know what the foreclosure process is, but it doesn't make sense to me to make house payments anymore.

I guess I'm alone on this, but I don't have anything against Jose Baez. Everyone has the right to the strongest defense possible. The jury gave the verdict NOT Baez. They heard the evidence and unanimously agreed.

I agree.
A lawyer who will only take on cases where they feel they are on the side of good or morally in the right = broke lawyer (or maybe mythical creature).

We do not know the angle of the head at the time of the shot nor do we know where he was shot. He could have been shot while he was spread out on the bathroom floor.

Arguing for the proposition that JA shot TA first I would guess that he was in the crouched position sitting in the shower looking up at her. I believe JA lured him into this position. JA standing in front of the shower took out the gun and shot him.
JA gun carry hand would aim down; the bullet would enter his right frontal bone just above the right brow and travel to TA left side. So I speculate TA head was turned to his right and arched upwards. At this angle the bullet enters his frontal bone and exits into his left cheek region.

Hey Steph... I believe it is in the trial transcripts that the picture guy said those pics were him sitting already.

Could JA have had a gun on him and ordered him to sit?

Originally Posted by StephanieHartPI
if he is not down yet when he is slumped on the floor of the shower at 5:30...
what did he sit down for? and fall over like that ?

IDk I've never sat in the shower so it was weird to me too but apparently many members here do sit in the shower to relax.

I have always thought he was just sitting in the shower. I remember reading from different friends how he deemed himself (jokingly) a "manscaper" meaning he shaved a lot of his body hair. I assumed it would be a natural position for him to be in if he shaved that much.
I don't see him injured, so assumed this was just pre injury. MOO :moo:

And what is the first thing someone would do if they had not planned to kill their victim and it truly was self defense? You would get the heck out of there because you'd be so scared he would still come after you. You would not be there for a couple of hours, doing wash, trying to clean up, dragging the body to the shower, etc. You'd be so scared you'd run. That is the normal reaction. jmo

Jodi had other options for dating far away from Travis. She kept going back to him uninvited.

Would someone be kind enough to provide a link to the blood spatter analysis? I missed that part of the trial. TIA

IMO, the GSW to the head happened first. I think she panicked when he did not die immediately and got up. I re-listened to her interrogation with Flores when she described her "ninja" story and I think there were elements of truth in it.

i think the violent stabbing was her fantasy after she read the "Gold Digger" blog post that, IMO, put her over the edge. The axe murderer reference pushed some button (maybe because she knew she was capable?) and she was going to act that out. She was enraged from the moment she read that.

It doesn't mean she didn't shoot first but I don't think the stabbing was because the gun didn't kill him. A some point she was going to punish him for the axe murderer comment. (an actual axe would have been too bulky to conceal, but I bet that knife was sharp.)

jmo

Originally Posted by Sulamith
I don't know why Nurmi wanted to know the reason why JA called her sister a name. What does that have to do with her murder trial?!! I felt bad for Angela and of course the camera had to pan to her to catch her reaction.

That said, Angela Arias has a public Myspace where she talks about her life, addiction and getting baptized. She is happy she is getting her life back together. She talks about that and JA on her Myspace blog Oct. 11, 2008.

I am just disgusted with Nurmi asking her about the comment about her sister..low blow Probably trying to drag the case out longer than it needs to be.

I don't for one second think that was Nurmi's idea at all.

To me it was very transparent that Jodi orchestrated that "public groveling".

I think it's highly demonstrative of Jodi's manipulative nature to stage an insincere (not to mention further damaging) apology knowing such an apology would be required to keep stringing her family along for support.

I might have missed it but I did not hear an apology from JA. I heard an explanation of why she called her sis a name. If public groveling was what she was trying to do, then she failed (for me) I thought she was embarrassed that her sister heard her on the tape.

-Begin burning through her actual credit balance (making mortgage payments on those- remember) I do not know anyone who has payed their mortgage with a credit card. I'm sure some people do, I don't know them.

~sbm

My lender doesn't even accept mortgage payments on a credit card and I've never heard of one that did.

Spit ballin' here

A non fatal wound to the the head could have made him delirious, chasing her.... she stabs him repeatedly.

On the other hand, shooting him first, she probably would have left him for dead right away. I mean, that's the way it happens in TV shows and movies. JA watches a LOT of those.

But, then again, why shoot him AFTER all the stabbing and virtual decapitation?

However JA did it, she wanted him DEAD. She planned it ahead of time, went there and did it.

I gave up on this puzzle some time ago. We don't usually see photos around the killing to confuse the issue. Glad we did, to put her there for sure, but the wounds were enough for me to decide it was not self defence. The rest is good sleuther material but it makes my head hurt!!

Could JA have had a gun on him and ordered him to sit?

Had he already told her to leave and just decided to sit down in the shower and wait until she was gone. Kind of strange to sit like that in the shower, but then who knows. I see young people sitting on the curb of streets with cars going by, not something I would have done when I was young or ever, but for some reason they do!

The questions I have about this crime can only be answered by the criminal or victim. Since the victim can't answer........

~~SO~~

I suppose I'll never get answers. JA will never tell the truth. Maybe they could get some of the Elders or Bishops of the Mormon church to go into the Jail and speak to her about telling the truth.

She's not a mormon. She just plays one on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member