Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So........ I re-watched the interview again from trial date 8. What really struck me is that Jodi was asked at least 4 times if Travis knew she was coming and she never answered the question as far as I could tell.
1. So, did he know you were coming? JA went on about talking to Ryan, blah, blah, blah.
2. Why did you go the other way, why did you go and see Travis, did he know you were coming? Very long pause and only answered "This is hard."
3. Did you talk enroute to Pheonix? Yes, briefly, but my battery was dying, blah, blah, blah, I love to take pictures and delete them, blah, blah.... I was talking to see John Dixon, maybe going to see him in SanDiego.
4. So, did he know you were coming? Long pause - change subject, started asking about her family.

Am I nuts or didn't she talk on the stand about her conversation and Travis begged her to come see him why she was driving?

You're right about her not responding to the question.

But she did finally admit it (yes), muttered under her breath. She said she called Travis and said (paraphrasing) "guess what? I'm coming to Arizona tonite" and that he (TA) said, "what made you change your mind?"

It does synch up with her phone records. I personally believe she did call to say this, and that Travis did wait up for her.

Also, during that interrogation, I felt there were a few instances where JA was about to admit things, but Flores interrupted or his phone started vibrating.

I think she needs a dose of sodium Pentothal.

Can't help but think what a premonition was going through TA's mind

Desperately trying to find out if my date has an axe murderer penned up inside of her and knowing she is wondering the same thing about me. That’s usually when I think myself into a panic and start acting weird in consequence to trying so hard to act normal,” wrote Alexander, about his hunt of for Mrs. Right.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...-alexander-blogged-about-dating-axe-murderer/

I will always beiieve when Travis mentioned 'axe murderer' he was thinking about JA.

imo

007.gif

Jodi...where are you?

image.jpg

Tex

You're right about her not responding to the question.

But she did finally admit it (yes), muttered under her breath. She said she called Travis and said (paraphrasing) "guess what? I'm coming to Arizona tonite" and that he (TA) said, "what made you change your mind?"

It does synch up with her phone records. I personally believe she did call to say this, and that Travis did wait up for her.

Also, during that interrogation, I felt there were a few instances where JA was about to admit things, but Flores interrupted or his phone started vibrating.

I think she needs a dose of sodium Pentothal.

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised that when Juan gets up to cross this will be debunked.

It makes no sense if he knew she was coming that they didnt talk off and on as she made her way there.

I think JM is going to have a lot of leading questions about that. He didnt even answer the next day after he talked to her late Sunday night. And if that was true then why take the battery out of the phone like it looked like she had never even been in Arizona and that was coming to his place.

Imo he had no clue she was coming. In fact when they did talk he probably told her to leave him alone and that made her even more determined to show up unannounced since she knew that it was over.

IMO

She thought he was dating Mimi. She told Flores that she thought Travis had found the person he was going to marry. She only found out after she murdered Travis that Mimi had basically turned him down -- she found this out from the bishop. It's all part of one of her interrogations with Flores.

Motive

People just believe what they are told and can't believe they've been lied to when they can't understand why the liar would lie in the first place.

I've seen this effect - it's the food on which pathological liars feed.

You hit the nail on the head. Often in these murder cases and a few times in life I have wondered why some one would lie. Its because they are laying a foundation of lies for themselves. When we see no reason for a lie we don't look for a lie. We take it as the truth.

so why did she buy (so much!) KY lubricant if she wasn't planning on having sex? and since it was on the bed, we know she had it out of her backpack/purse, whether they used it or not..

Good question! I forgot about the huge bottle of KY! And we know for sure that she had bought it on her way over, right? She had a receipt for it? Or is that just us speculating?

I saw the KY on the bed but I must have missed that she bought it for this trip. Is it in the receipts ? She brought KY with her on this trip ? Maybe she had special plans for Ryan.

I remain convinced that she left Yreka planning to kill Travis and that she never planned to be at his house so long.

i am not sure if she bought that particular bottle of KY specifically for that trip, but it IS in those photos, was in that room, she brought it into his house presumably for sex, and i think she was just using Ryan as an alibi..

Well said. One can only hope that this case will be a influence to someone that may find themselves in a similar circumstance. Jmo

sent from droid dna
I want to believe part of Travis' legacy will be to help dispel certain myths of intimate partner violence. Too often, even with decades of research and countless crimes proving the contrary, people believe:

1) Women cannot be aggressive, violent, or physically abusive.
2) Abuse victims adhere (or should) to a certain set of behaviors that abuse, in and of itself, often preclude.
3) Women are incapable of physically over-powering men.
4) Women who are 'wronged' are justified in their controlling and/or stalking behaviors despite these being evidence of an abusive personality. Stalking is pure, unadulterated psychological abuse.
5) An abuser 'must' look, act or otherwise appear in a certain form.

I was just looking at the photos again. Does anyone know how the photo of Jodi's pant leg and shoe could have been taken? I can't think of any way to contort my body to take a side view photo of my leg and shoe from floor level. Did the defense ask this at the trial? I haven't watched any of the trial except what I've seen on NG.

If I were Jodi, I may have gone with "someone was there with me and that person did it, but I can't name that person" - based on that photo.

I believe that the camera was on the floor and if I remember correctly this picture was upside down. She may have hit the camera with her foot, it flipped upside down and snapped the shot.

sigh,, alot of things bother me about the attack, i'm sitting here thinking of the crime scene, thinking of how the attack may have happened, and i'm scaring myself at the thought of TA ending up in the shower but with evidence at the sink and down the hallway, i;ve been trying to think of scenarios where maybe he was in the shower the whole time, but looking at the pictures proves he wasn;t, expecially that spatter-type blood at the sink, jeez, we will never know, as Jodi and the truth are strangers. I kinda wish FLores further questioned her on the ninja story so maybe some truth would come out in the hopes her story matched the crime scene, but , again, she's such a liar, Det FLores is a great investigator. I just hope the jury sees the special circumstances of heinous and cruelty, as evident of the photos, it wasn't a quick death.
I wish he'd asked her about all the blood spatter at the sink...

So........ I re-watched the interview again from trial date 8. What really struck me is that Jodi was asked at least 4 times if Travis knew she was coming and she never answered the question as far as I could tell.
1. So, did he know you were coming? JA went on about talking to Ryan, blah, blah, blah.
2. Why did you go the other way, why did you go and see Travis, did he know you were coming? Very long pause and only answered "This is hard."
3. Did you talk enroute to Pheonix? Yes, briefly, but my battery was dying, blah, blah, blah, I love to take pictures and delete them, blah, blah.... I was talking to see John Dixon, maybe going to see him in SanDiego.
4. So, did he know you were coming? Long pause - change subject, started asking about her family.

Am I nuts or didn't she talk on the stand about her conversation and Travis begged her to come see him why she was driving?

I forced myself to really pay attention to some of her testimony. Her answers often make no sense. She makes contradictory statements, logically inconsistent ones, in the same breath. I don't have an example on hand at the moment (I find her speech toxic so rarely listen), but basically she's saying nothing while implying something vague, while the audience subjectively fills in the gaps for her and thinks the question has been answered. I find this a pattern in her responses.

I want to believe part of Travis' legacy will be to help dispel certain myths of intimate partner violence. Too often, even with decades of research and countless crimes proving the contrary, people believe:

1) Women cannot be aggressive, violent, or physically abusive.
2) Abuse victims adhere (or should) to a certain set of behaviors that abuse, in and of itself, often preclude.
3) Women are incapable of physically over-powering men.
4) Women who are 'wronged' are justified in their controlling and/or stalking behaviors despite these being evidence of an abusive personality. Stalking is pure, unadulterated psychological abuse.

BBM

Just look at popular music. We would never sing along to songs about men killing or abusing women, but look at the popularity of Carrie Underwood's "Before he Cheats" or Miranda Lambert's "Gunpowder and Lead." Violent women get a pass, because "he probably deserved it." It is firmly engrained in our society, and it needs to change.

Kelly,
I've never thought of him kicking the camera, but that's good! He did have minor injuries around his ankles/feet! Something else to consider for sure!!

He couldn't have kicked the camera in the "drag photo". (she stepped on it)

I forced myself to really pay attention to some of her testimony. Her answers often make no sense. She makes contradictory statements, logically inconsistent ones, in the same breath. I don't have an example on hand at the moment (I find her speech toxic so rarely listen), but basically she's saying nothing while implying something vague, while the audience subjectively fills in the gaps for her and thinks the question has been answered. I find this a pattern in her responses.

Somehow I doubt Juan will let her get away with that nonsense. (Call it a hunch! :shush:)

It is my belief he somehow managed to get into the hallway/carpeted area of the bedroom while attempting to escape. There, I believe she slit his throat and dragged him back to the shower. The blood evidence on the carpet indicates he was bleeding profusely at that point.

MOO

I totally agree.

My theory (the short version) and IMO, not stated as fact:

I know what the MEs opinion is, but I definitely think he was shot first. He then crawled out of the shower and was screaming, just as she said. The gun jammed and she was in a bind. This was not part of her plan.

Remember her story about the ninja man "leaving the room for a minute or two"? There is NO REASON for that to be interjected except this is part of the truth, but SHE is the one who left the room while Travis was down, went to the kitchen, and got a knife.

While she was doing this, he had crawled to the sink, pulled himself up (thus spewing blood in the sink), and took the 2 steps to the hall, trying to get to the door.

But Jodi came back and he was standing at the bathroom end of the hall. She "rushed him" (also per her ninja story about rushing the ninja girl) and "pushed" the knife into his chest. He fell, and crawled, and she stabbed him in the back, back of the head, etc.

When he made it to the carpet in the bedroom, she had to stop him, so she then slit his throat.

She dragged him back, and did the cleanup.

I have a possible variation of this version, too. **Variation version: After she shot him, he screamed and begged for help and she had a moment of remorse or empathy. She left to go call 911 (his phone was in the office, perhaps that was true), get a neighbor or something, but then realized she was screwed if she called for help, so she decided to stab him to death instead, got the knife and....

One other question for all you long-timers. Was PPL the ONLY income Travis had? Did he have any other kind of job? How much money did he earn annually?

I ask because it seems like he would want an income more secure than pyramid style selling if he really wanted to get married. Did he have a college degree?

i am not sure if she bought that particular bottle of KY specifically for that trip, but it IS in those photos, was in that room, she brought it into his house presumably for sex, and i think she was just using Ryan as an alibi..

You don't think that this was KY that was there from before she moved back to Yreka in April ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo