Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #39 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the end of a few days of JAs testimony, the THs were saying the clamor to get into the courtroom was subsiding. There were even empty seats. If that's the case, the jurors are most likely bored out of their minds, too, IMO.

I maintain the defens team is trying to humanize JA enough to keep her from DP. The other options for a 1st degree in AZ are 35 yrs to life or LWOP. I used to lean towards JA getting the LWOP, but the longer she stays on the stand, I'm thinking they'll lean towards the 25 to life sentence.

I'm inclined to go with the sunblock as well but I'm stumped as to why she would buy two of them? That product is now discontinued. I found this description of it though:

"This spray-on sunscreen provides sufficient UVA protection with stabilized avobenzone, but the base formula is almost 50% alcohol. The alcohol means that it dries quickly, but it also causes irritation and free-radical damage as well as cell death, which all conspire to cause collagen to break down and hurt the skin’s ability to heal. Add to that the sensitizing potential of the high amount of active ingredients needed to achieve SPF 85 (a sunscreen rating that’s overkill because there isn’t that much daylight anywhere in the world) and this is a sunscreen to leave at the store."

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautyp...Sheer/_/Ultra-Sheer-Body-Mist-Sunblock-SPF-85

I'm a multi buyer myself... so I don't see anything wrong with buying 2. I used to buy everything in 3's.... now I buy them in 2's.... I'm working on it :great:

If she used her own credit card doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of driving 90 miles away to rent it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to rent a car at the last minute with cash and I couldn't do it.

That's one detail I have a hard time getting past. Who was with her? At first I thought that whoever it was that was with her at the rental car place, she was also buying them gas to accompany her on her trip. I wonder if we will ever find out.

The guy who gave her the ride from Yreka to Redding where she rented the car? I don't remember who it was, a friend is all I remember

Gus is on HLN now, telling his story again. But this time he actually very clearly said it was 3:30 am on June 4. (he must mean June 5, otherwise it would have been just before Jodi arrived at Travis' house). He has to be lying, either way. WTF?

Also, he seems gay. Could GUS have had romantic feelings for Travis?

Don't get me wrong, Jodi is guilty as hell. But why didn't Gus tell anyone? At the very least, doesn't that make him an accessory after the fact? Could Gus have put the murder plot in her head?
Didn't Gus say he had a girlfirend....or did I get that mixed up?

Think prep for a colonoscopy (or 3 day fast prior) Although that takes the spontaneity out of a lot of things. I can't wrap my head around this topic...quite. I mean, for Valentine's day your bf gives you a beautiful gift, you open it up and there are a few kits in there.

Really? That's what you got me?
I knew this gal that was expecting a RING one year and she told me what a disappointment it was ...in the small box was not a RING but Ben Wa balls,( "internal-use ball"), are small, marble-sized balls, usually hollow and containing a small weight, that roll around and are used for sexual stimulation
LMAO her BF was in a band my husband played in ..

I'm a multi buyer myself... so I don't see anything wrong with buying 2. I used to buy everything in 3's.... now I buy them in 2's.... I'm working on it :great:

Me too! I'm also notorious for going in a store to buy ONE thing and end up leaving with a cart full of stuff I didn't even know I needed.. Only to get home and realize I forgot to purchase what I went there for in the first place!

Those dang end caps and SALE signs...

was that live? or are they replaying it over and over and over again from last week when he was on TruTV and Dr. Drew?

I really think it's irresponsible of the media not to do a bit of fact checking first. Or at least question him, rather than let him spew it out. They are allowing it to continue, it's silly IMO.

It seemed to be done today (live). The media will keep spewing the same "Breaking News" until something new actually breaks. Ratings, baby!

I haven't heard where the 2nd rental was from. I read somewhere that perhaps the mother rented it. I haven't seen that confirmed.

I really want to see the police report related to Jodi's arrest, the surveillance of her before the arrest and the events that followed after the arrest. This police report would cover the 2nd rental car and the 2 searches of it.

Even more interesting (to me) than the second rental:

- the .9mm: How/where did she get it and what (if any) history/registration/etc. it has
- how the .25mm bullets ended up at Mom's, when and by whom, and if any were missing from the box (if so, how many) and if the mfg. brand match the one found in Travis' bathroom.
- what if any maps, notes, directions, cell phone texts, notes, etc. she may have had indicating her 'flight' plans.
- what type of knife/knives she had hidden (for curiosity's sake, I'd like to know what type they were - chef's, pocket, switch, Ka-bar) and if there was any benign explanation for them.
- JA's explanation for:
...why she 'over' hid the gun - in the engine
...why she had so much stuff (boxes of books - to elude LE?)
...what excuse she gave for a car full of clothes books knives and guns, and if there were any people who could corroborate her plans/destination (hahhahaahh... )

It would be interesting to know what the rental guy says about this escape car - but my guess is she told him a fairytale. Receipts might be interesting, who paid, etc.

I'm inclined to go with the sunblock as well but I'm stumped as to why she would buy two of them? That product is now discontinued. I found this description of it though:

"This spray-on sunscreen provides sufficient UVA protection with stabilized avobenzone, but the base formula is almost 50% alcohol. The alcohol means that it dries quickly, but it also causes irritation and free-radical damage as well as cell death, which all conspire to cause collagen to break down and hurt the skin’s ability to heal. Add to that the sensitizing potential of the high amount of active ingredients needed to achieve SPF 85 (a sunscreen rating that’s overkill because there isn’t that much daylight anywhere in the world) and this is a sunscreen to leave at the store."

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautyp...Sheer/_/Ultra-Sheer-Body-Mist-Sunblock-SPF-85
Love Paula....even if I don't agree with her all the time!
OT

Someone had to take her to rent the car and IIRC JA told Det Flores it was her future sister-in-law but perhaps her brother was there as well? Same goes for when she returned the car someone had to meet her there to drive her back to Yreka.

ETA Oops I think I may have misunderstood convo if so my apologies!

This may sound silly, but, I always figured she drove herself to the rental place.....park the car....rent one......bring back rental.....drive home.
i dunno

It seemed to be done today (live). The media will keep spewing the same "Breaking News" until something new actually breaks. Ratings, baby!

and I missed it!!!! I thought I would have liked to see VP interview Gus, and call him out on his poop, but it doesn't seem like that happened anyway :furious:

I tried to rent a car at the last minute with cash and I couldn't do it.

I had to provide a credit card ... Cash wouldn't do and neither would my debit card. I had to go all the way home to get the credit card! But... They did finish up over the phone and dropped off the rental.

I have alegal question... If it can be proven JA carried the weapons across state lines, can that affect her sentence? If so, how?

"Ralphael Colombo says a “gentleman” was with her, but he didn't know who the man was. In a phone call played for the jury earlier in the trial, Arias told Mesa, Arizona, police Det. Esteban Flores that her future sister-in-law took her to rent a car, but she did not mention whether her brother was there, too."

source
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/16/arias-mysterious-road-trip-was-she-alone

OOOHHHKAAAY! This is the thing that will drive me to my first post on this forum...

Gus Tiny, self-aggrandizing little worm! Talking to VP on my TV right now ... with his smarmy, cheesetastic grin, greasy hair and predatory tone ...waving his silly gold ring around like it's of some consequence outside of the pyramid.
:chillout:
Chilled myself out.
BTW. Hello, and thanks for letting me in. :blushing:

Welome and chill out....lol:great:

I knew this gal that was expecting a RING one year and she told me what a disappointment it was ...in the small box was not a RING but Ben Wa balls,( "internal-use ball"), are small, marble-sized balls, usually hollow and containing a small weight, that roll around and are used for sexual stimulation
LMAO her BF was in a band my husband played in ..

Omg! Roflmao! Thud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members