jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi called and told her Dad WHAT? about the incident where she peeped in and saw Travis with that other woman? by Jodi's own admission, they were not 'together' anymore.

hey now, she clearly said Travis was "courting" her... so, you know, he's HERS.

I didn't expect her to be so eager to spar with the prosecutor. It's just bizarre. I get the feeling that she thinks she's outsmarting him, even to the end of the day. I bet she'll be even more bouncy and confident on Monday. Skeeeeeeeevy!!!

I hope she is!

I really thought she'd keep consistent with her hair curtain, downward glance and meek Marion the Librarian persona.

But no..she was bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to do some MMM style wrestling.

Questioning a sociopath is different than questioning a non-sociopath. You have to get under their skin to show their true colors. Basically she has been treated as a hostile witness for her refusal to answer yes or no questions for one. Does anyone have that article on how to cross-examine a sociopath handy to link...since i didn't save it and now i can't find it. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Was this it?
The dialogue with the psychopath should center on the following:

1. facts and specific examples of evidence and information;

2. that there are those who may in fact be impressed with the subject’s genuine individuality and independence;

3. that others around them are in fact weak and lack the fortitude to experience the fulfillment of life.

http://policelink.monster.com/training/articles/37300-the-psychopath-as-an-interrogation-subject

I'am re listening to thursday court session with JM questionig Jodi. JMO Jodi's unhappy face appears to be saying " and I left the gun and knife in the desert!!!! RATS!!!"

jMO folks......

The details of my post have to do with the distinction of how a DA's office incl the one is PHX is run, why someone of JM's experience (27+ yrs) might not be interested in being a DA, how infrequently DA's ever try cases once they win the elected DA position, and the merits of staying in a metro area that has been 'home' for 30+ years, with family, versus move to some elusive "sexy" venue (that offers what, I don't know). If my passion and interest were in putting away killers to the maximum extent allowed by law, I'd want to do just that (not shuffle administrative paperwork) and I'd want to do it in a place where I had emotional ties, family, and the opportunity to try a lot of big cases.

I appreciate the non-confrontational tone, so I'll say this. I know how the office runs and I know that some might choose to stick with it. In my experience, most do not. I don't know what it says about Juan since I don't know him personally. My opinion is that I don't like his style and I don't think he did a good job on Thursday. I'm not alone in that opinion (which I feel compelled to put out there since I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't think he's a God) and I completely understand that others disagree and STRONGLY disagree. That doesn't make me a bad person with en effed up agenda worthy of scathing dismissal, imo. But if that's what I get, that's what I get. I'm okay with it. Hitting the hay, so if there's further discussion I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Peace :)

I just need to say, she scares the heck out of me! She let some creepy facial expressions slip on Thursday. One time that I can think of was when he was asking her about looking in the sliding doors and she said something like "I said no." right after that she glared at him before correcting herself. Then later, I can't remember exactly when it was, I need to watch again but JM asked her if she was jealous and for a split second the look on her face was just pure rage. That one really stood out to me, but there were so many others. I can't wait to see how things go on Monday...even though she gives me the creeps!

I saw that same look when he asked her if she was jealous. She flew HOT. I think that is a really, really soft spot with her. SHE will define the relationship, SHE will decide when the relationship is over and SHE is never, ever the one rejected. She might as well have a big, red, shiny button on her back that say 'PRESS HARD HERE.'

I was also thinking about her playing the sick card. FWIW, I really don't think she will. Most "normal" people would do anything in the dang world to avoid going back into that cross with JM. But this is JA. And this is all about HER. She's not gonna miss a minute of it! Why, all she needs to do is just get back up there and set him straight! Surely all the world fall in loooove with her! They'll probably name the courthouse after her!

Hey hey hey, I have a question.

How did you guys interpret her "Interview was GREAT!" comment in her Photography magazine coded message?

What interview? Hers? His? What was that about?

I think she meant with the guy from ABC (Inside Edition?)

I don't feel as strongly as some about JM's performance, but I, too, was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much after waiting for him to get his turn at her, and maybe I worry that if I had trouble following all his questions, the jury may, too. And the jury is what worries me the most.
There seems to be a mindset by many, that critiquing Juan's performance is paramount to treason, and that if I can't do it better myself, I shouldn't be quiet on the matter.
That was NOT the case with Nurmi (it seemed fine to bash Nurmi) which I did, cuz I can't stand him.
I think Juan is a wonderful prosecutor, and am trying to have faith in him that his coming cross will be easier for the JURY to understand. If many on here have questions about it, surely the jury does too.
Let's not put Juan on an untouchable pedestal, as some did Travis. They are both human, and both IN MY OPINION made mistakes.
Peace to all. No tomatoes, please - just differing opinions that all should be able to share without feeling like a traitor.

Exactly. Right out of the gate with a bogus "double standard" argument. EVERYONE knows it's perfectly fine to insult your own family members lol, but no one else had better do it! My kids call each other names daily. But their friends had better not. And their mom?! No way. I couldn't believe Martinez even argued that AT ALL, much less strenuously. :::sigh:::

IMO the man is a genius. He did that to get her going & it worked.
It had nothing to do with what you are implying.
He had her spinning in circles so fast she couldn't think of her lies fast enough. I especially enjoyed when he got her to admit that she could have got another job, that she didn't have to work for Travis, that she could have left at anytime. She agreed!
Now what abusive man lets their slave quit & go find work elsewhere?
I just enjoy JM so much! I was truly sitting right at the edge of my couch watching him go.
I think I'm in love toooo lol

I wish you could all have heard Beth Karas dissecting it for us Thursday night. She had a handle on exactly what he was doing. And she's usually pretty objective, and a seasoned prosecutor herself. She was 1000% impressed with his strategy.

I have no doubt about Beth...she is the only smart "talking head" MOO

I think she meant with the guy from ABC (Inside Edition?)

I don't understand how that hung together with her sneaky message. What was she trying to do there? Try to get HIM interested in getting an interview himself to help her?

Why did she throw that in there when pencil strokes were at a premium?

I appreciate the non-confrontational tone, so I'll say this. I know how the office runs and I know that some might choose to stick with it. In my experience, most do not. I don't know what it says about Juan since I don't know him personally. My opinion is that I don't like his style and I don't think he did a good job on Thursday. I'm not alone in that opinion (which I feel compelled to put out there since I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't think he's a God) and I completely understand that others disagree and STRONGLY disagree. That doesn't make me a bad person with en effed up agenda worthy of scathing dismissal, imo. But if that's what I get, that's what I get. I'm okay with it. Hitting the hay, so if there's further discussion I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Peace :)

Well, I finally got to watch part of the cross on video today, and there were plenty of things I would have done differently. On the other hand, if he watched me do my last cross he'd probably have some notes for me too. ;)

So my conclusion was, he's no god, but it didn't suck either. And I think (JMO) that he was stalling a bit (and allowing JA to stall a bit) in order to end with his "cliffhanger" for the weekend.

And I am 100% certain that you are not a member of the defense team. :)

I just did a google search on Death Row Cell in AZ and found this image, but interestingly on the front page were several pictures of Jodi Arias.

arizona-death-chamber.jpg

Is that a photo of DR in Florence? I ask because I read the women on D.R. are housed elsewhere. Perryville maybe?

Where did she get the money to buy a 9mm glock? :rocker:

Yeah. Something is definitely up with money. I hope we'll learn what was going on there. Has anyone here taken a deep sleuth into JA's finances? I've read here that she had access to Travis' banking info, but I don't know the facts (or even the source) of that statement.

Questioning a sociopath is different than questioning a non-sociopath. You have to get under their skin to show their true colors. Basically she has been treated as a hostile witness for her refusal to answer yes or no questions for one. Does anyone have that article on how to cross-examine a sociopath handy to link...since i didn't save it and now i can't find it. :banghead:

Is this the one?

http://pathwhisperer.wordpress.com/...earch-today-how-to-cross-examine-a-sociopath/

That's what I was wondering too...lol
me too...I like Fieger a bunch but he pronounces his name incorrectly. I know because it is my family name....probably why I like him.

He, Spence and Horowitz are the only ones I can think of at the moment that I can tolerate and may even like if I had to spend time with them. I usually speak of all criminal defense attorneys in not very nice terms.

Was this it?
The dialogue with the psychopath should center on the following:

1. facts and specific examples of evidence and information;

2. that there are those who may in fact be impressed with the subject’s genuine individuality and independence;

3. that others around them are in fact weak and lack the fortitude to experience the fulfillment of life.

http://policelink.monster.com/training/articles/37300-the-psychopath-as-an-interrogation-subject

thats a great link as well.
The link i found references a book called The Psychopath's Bible. Wonder if its worth a read too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member