Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a great link as well.
The link i found references a book called The Psychopath's Bible. Wonder if its worth a read too....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
I've thought about reading that too. Maybe someone else on WS has read it and will give us a review. Anyone?????

What is the smiley for beating a dead horse? Tia

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry I went googling on that phrase. :(

BUT I will tell you what my teacher always says:

When the horse is dead, dismount.

Such odd language for someone who claims on their first planned meeting/date he basically coerced her in to oral sex that she wasn't ready for.

Soon after that getting her to perform it again on him, in a car, while watching her in the visor mirror (wth? couldn't he just look down) and then refusing to kiss her afterwards.

And as if all of that humiliation wasn't enough their first weekend rendezvous was in some seedy motel, in some god forsaken town, where he only paid attention to her during sex and treated her like a prostitute!

Yet she tells us a year later he was courting her?

She is a loon!:banghead:
"Courting" sounds like a word Jodi absorbed from reading too many romance novels in jail.

Quite honestly I found JM to be more boring than Nurmi, at least he was methodical and arrived at a point....eventually, JM just argued about what an actual phone call is or the definition of outgoing or incoming, I am surprised he did not say NAnana BOOboo

Did you at least see a difference in JA's demeanor? Wasn't that worth something? :seeya:

I would never want to be cross-examined (or get in any argument) with an attorney the caliber of JM or several others. Of course it probably helps to be a sociopath if one is going to be confronted so at least they keep calm(er) and can spar.

Frankly I was surprised JA didn't melt on the stand--that tone of voice JM has would have me in tears (sad but true). It didn't seem to affect her much at all.

Just wait he is just getting started and setting her up and then pa-pow, she won't know what hit her.

How many days passed between when Travis was murdered and Jodi spent the night with Matt (on the floor, of course)? Did Jodi go from Darryl's house (got the gas cans) to Matt's house before killing Travis? tia

You guys will LOL with this, but I swear I actually thought "WWJAD" (what would JA do)...

I was in a mtg last Fri with about 8 others that got contentious and I was sort of being scapegoated a bit. It was heading in that direction. I felt my blood pressure go up and I was feeling angry and emotional but trying to hold it all in. I thought to myself, "imagine JA sitting in this seat with that fake smirk plastered on her face and nothing bothering her." I swear I did! It didn't work, btw, as I'm not an emotionless druid or a sociopath. I wanted it to work though. Darn it! LOL.

Quite honestly I found JM to be more boring than Nurmi, at least he was methodical and arrived at a point....eventually, JM just argued about what an actual phone call is or the definition of outgoing or incoming, I am surprised he did not say NAnana BOOboo

Oh I disagree first it would take Nurmi a while to get the question out and then take her another 10-15min to answer. At least with Martinez we are getting a question and answer out about every 2 to 3 min. Much more tolerable IMO.

"Courting" sounds like a word Jodi absorbed from reading too many romance novels in jail.

Fundamentalist Christians talk ALOT about women remaining "pure" until marriage and "courting with a purpose (only dating people you intend to marry)." It's really popular right now. I wonder if Mormons are using this same language? IDK, that's the only place I hear anybody talking about "courting" and "courting with a purpose" is used a bunch.

FWIW, my husband is a certified firearms instructor & he pointed out that it's very unlikely that an abused and untrained woman would instinctively run for a gun to defend herself, especially a gun she'd only seen once before in someone else's closet. He also wants to know where the extra ammo was, why the gun was not in it's case, why he didn't keep it more accessible if it was for home defense, and why a guy like Travis would buy a .25 - apparently NOT a very manly weapon, lol!

Exactly! Great post, thank you!!

How many days passed between when Travis was murdered and Jodi spent the night with Matt (on the floor, of course)? tia

I think she spent the night with Matt on 6/2 then drove all day night, arriving in the wee hours to Travis on 6/4 and killed him later that afternoon. :(

Wait I t hink I screwed that up. I think she spent the night with Matt, then the next day drove all day and in to the night to Travis' house. God I'm having a hard time expressing this. I've been here way too long tonite (but it's been enlightening and fun if you can call it that).

The details of my post have to do with the distinction of how a DA's office incl the one is PHX is run, why someone of JM's experience (27+ yrs) might not be interested in being a DA, how infrequently DA's ever try cases once they win the elected DA position, and the merits of staying in a metro area that has been 'home' for 30+ years, with family, versus move to some elusive "sexy" venue (that offers what, I don't know). If my passion and interest were in putting away killers to the maximum extent allowed by law, I'd want to do just that, spend time in a courtroom (not shuffle administrative paperwork and attend meetings all day) and I'd want to do it in a place where I had emotional ties, family, and the opportunity to try a lot of big cases. That would be the best of all worlds (doing what one loves, in a place they love, and having people in their life that they love). Helping to put an evil killer like Arias away is icing on the cake if that is one's profession of choice. Getting justice for the state and a victim's family...not a bad way to contribute to society.

I keep thinking Jeff Ashton is really going to miss the "hands on" argument portion he and Juan are so good at. I think it's just in some peeps blood. I certainly wish them both well and Godspeed.

I think she spent the night with Matt on 6/2 then drove all day night, arriving in the wee hours to Travis on 6/4 and killed him later that afternoon. :(

Wait I t hink I screwed that up. I think she spent the night with Matt, then the next day drove all day and in to the night to Travis' house. God I'm having a hard time expressing this. I've been here way too long tonite (but it's been enlightening and fun if you can call it that).
What was her REAL purpose of going to Matt's house? tia

Such odd language for someone who claims on their first planned meeting/date he basically coerced her in to oral sex that she wasn't ready for.

Soon after that getting her to perform it again on him, in a car, while watching her in the visor mirror (wth? couldn't he just look down) and then refusing to kiss her afterwards.

And as if all of that humiliation wasn't enough their first weekend rendezvous was in some seedy motel, in some god forsaken town, where he only paid attention to her during sex and treated her like a prostitute!

Yet she tells us a year later he was courting her?

She is a loon!:banghead:

Seriously!!! Most DV situations, from what I've heard, don't start out like that! It seems like most start out super charming, etc. to get the other person hooked and then the abuse gradually increases. She claims their first few sexual encounters made her feel horrible and were unwanted. Umm... there was NOTHING keeping her from continuing a relationship with him at that point. No love, no money, etc. She had no problem breaking up with all of her previous boyfriends. She has to make it perfectly clear that SHE BROKE UP WITH THEM every chance she gets.

I think she had to claim it started so early because their relationship was really short!!

Has anyone made a list of the dates she claimed the abuse incidents happened? I'd be curious if these were dates when something else happened to help her keep her stories straight.

MOO :seeya:

Courtship isn't just for the religious folk. Believe it or not back in the day men actually did the chasing. They picked up the phone, took the risk, called the female, asked her out on a date, he picked up her and took her out and treated her. If he wanted to spend time with her he had to make the effort and get on her calendar. There was no insta-dating or IMing then hookups. There was real dating. Courting!

Now the roles are all jumbled up into a mosh pit and the concept of being courted has faded away. Jodi using the term was spew-worthy because there was nothing resembling 'courtship' going on between her and TA or any guy she was 'hanging out with.'

I think she spent the night with Matt on 6/3 then drove all night, arriving in the wee hours to Travis on 6/4 and killed him later that afternoon. :(

I think it was 6/2. Remember she still had to go to DB's, have breakfast, PICK UP THE GAS CANS, get whatever she had done at the salon, BACK to DB's, get fuel, stop and shop for sunblock,and still get to Travis.
Maybe even had to stop to dye her hair on the way?? lol

Not that you can believe her, but that is what she testified to, and it makes sense time wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny