jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok she did it I agree but why the long method of seduction, camera pics, struggle and death? Why not just do the job and get out? If this was so well planned in advance then why summit yourself to a struggle to eventually offer the fatal blow. This part I am struggling with. You don't bring a gun thinking just in case I might need it. You bring a gun to use it and get it over with.

Here is a life lesson for you. Write it down and keep it handy:

NEVER try to apply rational, logical thought to an irrational, crazy person. You can drive YOURSELF crazy trying to do that. You literally CANNOT make sense of what they do, because there IS NO SENSE to it!

I'm sort of surprised that some Nail Salon (or hair dyeing salon) hasn't come forward and said - hey, we did Jodi's nails or hey, we dyed Jodi's hair. Her mug was in the news only weeks after the murder so I would think someone would recognize her. Wishful thinking I guess. I spotted a guy on the news I had sat next to on the bus only weeks prior and it gave me the heebie jeebies!! But maybe that's just me, I take a fancy in people watching and I notice people.

In her email she says "sorry I didn't get to come see you, I just didn't have enough time."

Every step of the way she tried to cover her tracks. She called the detectives to talk to them. She's a psychopath, not a battered woman running from a scary situation!

I PRAY the jury can see this!

I knew JA was a horrible person (calling her a person is a stretch) and I knew she was acting on the stand, but I didn't realize how truly evil she is until the end of the day yesterday.

After three hours of crying during JM's questioning yesterday, I would have had to crawl off the witness stand. Yet during that little media hearing afterwards, she is absolutely fine. She sits at the defense table, cool as a cucumber, apparently drawing a picture, occasionally raising her head to listen. It was so disturbing that I had trouble sleeping last night.

And worst of all, the jury will never see that. I think JM has done a great job, but it bothers me that there is so much about her that the jury won't see.
I totally agree. I'd also wager my super secret stash of chocolate we'll never know the true extent of Jodi's manipulations either.

Yes. I believe that she must have left and waited for roommate to leave too.

I swear in those pictures he is doing it just to make her happy so she will leave. He does not look into it AT ALL.

I agree. I think he knew she was there (some people think he didn't) and he was posing, but he was NOT happy about it. He didn't look like he was enjoying it even for a second. I think he was trying to appease her so she would get the frick out of his house.

So sad. Poor Travis. All that talk about Travis having a temper and being hyper sexual is her lrojection. That is exactly who she is and what she does. Thats a purely classic characteristic of a psychopath and the othsr psychopathic behavior is ths smear campaign. Smear him as a pedophile with mental illness. The nerve of her to paint him as a sicko after the numerous sick behaviors she has demonstrated herself. Projection.

So very sad indeed. It's almost like she is murdering him again.

Ok she did it I agree but why the long method of seduction, camera pics, struggle and death? Why not just do the job and get out? If this was so well planned in advance then why summit yourself to a struggle to eventually offer the fatal blow. This part I am struggling with. You don't bring a gun thinking just in case I might need it. You bring a gun to use it and get it over with.

Jodi arias likes lots of backups. She had to get a third gas can in case, she buys 2 lotions, 2 hamburgers, she stops for multiple deposits. I find her bringing multiple weapons in keeping with her over prepared behavior. Also I think she wanted to enjoy this murder in multiple ways. It wasn't rational, it was emotional.

It could have been! During testimony Jodi claims it was "either for his TV or DVD player" but of course I cannot believe anything she says.

just like so many other times, she had to go back for something. it's a theme with her.
if she had something with her she forgot to give darryl and it was important enough to take back to him, you can bet she knows exactly what it was. but now she's forgotten what it was. i don't think so.
i'm with the poster who thinks she gave DB or his son that stolen DVD player and it was the remote she forgot to give him. that makes total sense to me.

I have thought about motive a long time. For me it was really simple. She wanted him dead. I almost think it was a thrill kill for her. She thought she was powerful and could get away with anything.
She still believes she can control everyone and every situation. Look at all her videos.
No one will convict me
I would beg for the death penalty.

Her statements are not tentative. They are absolute and over the top.

She has a Manson mentality to me. I am in control and you are all my servants.

So elegantly explained! There's not much mystery to what is most likely to have happened given the forensic evidence. It's pretty simple, really, again, given the evidence. We may never know her true motives, but everything else speaks for itself, loud and clear. This is what JM's cross especially helped me see.

Elementary, thanks but what glares at me is I see so many posters trying to reason this out as if Jodi is normal and as if this was self defense. Truth is, if she were a male, the defense attorney would have told him to plea for LWOP and that his goose was cooked. But her being a pretty female....well, think Casey Anthony...and she killed her baby!!!!! Females can be just as strong, just as brutal and more deceptive than a male any day. JMO.

Unfortunately there are many sociopaths among us these days. She clearly was obsessed with Travis, thought about what would make her "feel better" and came up with revenge by death. She carried it out, probably HAD to, after thinking about it so much. He didn't do what she wanted him to do. Afterwards, she had to make herself feel better. She cannot cope. She never learned how. Just imagine if your little two year old had access to a gun and could use it, next time you say "no!" to him.....this is what she is like. Trying desperately to preserve what she thinks she needs to make her happy.

I think a lot of young girls engage in stalking behaviours...it's sort of a phase, sort of limited to trying to find out where a guy you like is on a sat night...or checking to see if a guy is cheating by driving by...

I just dont want to confuse this kind of thing with what has gone on here...

but if I close my eyes, I can almost feel rage at rejection, but what I can really feel is her rage at exposure.

not only was he not taking her to cancun, but he also had exposed her as a sociopath , a liar and scammmer....Having someone like Travis who is so high up in PPL possibly telling people to watch out for Jodi...and exposing her for what she is...could limit the size of her sucker pool and ruin her reputation ( as just a creepy girl).

that wasn't going to fly...

This is EXACTLY what I believe as well. Thank you for putting it so eloquently into words. :clap:

Thank you. The minute she walked into his home he had a death sentence even though he did not know it at that time.:(

Could Juan Martinez have let the court stop for Thursday without disclosing that the state was done?

I wouldn't mind one bit if Jodi Arias sat in her 'smaller than Travis's closet' cell for the next three days anticipating more cross from the prosecution. It would also have put Nurmi and his mindless, inane questioning of the defendant off.

I think the answer is simple. I believe Jodi when she says this is her first murder.

The scene you describe (Git'er Done method) is glorified in Soprano's TV - gangsta style. I don't think that really happens in real life when a person is face to face with someone *inside* that persons home on their own turf. More can go wrong for a murderer when they are in someone else's territory. More surprises can happen. Roommates can walk in, etc. the conditions would have to be almost perfect with certainty.

Very likely Jodi was a bit anxious and was gearing herself up for it. She used sex to disarm Travis and take him off guard and get him naked and vulnerable. He would have his skin exposed with no other protection of clothing. Nothing to protect his feet, nothing to protect his groin - two very vulnerable areas. How else do you get a guy to do that basically other than sex?

I am in the camp where I *think* the gun was her first intention even if it wasn't the first weapon to make the mortal wound. But i realize I am in the minority.

I have thought about motive a long time. For me it was really simple. She wanted him dead. I almost think it was a thrill kill for her. She thought she was powerful and could get away with anything.
She still believes she can control everyone and every situation. Look at all her videos.
No one will convict me
I would beg for the death penalty.

Her statements are not tentative. They are absolute and over the top.

She has a Manson mentality to me. I am in control and you are all my servants.

I thought of Manson too. Killing for the thrill. She was a lazy nobody, and she found a man with a beautiful home, took her on trips, she would have an easy life and he honestly told her that the sex was fun but he wanted to settle down with a woman he loved and respected. She could not have his life so she took his life. As someone else said, she believes now she owns him. Ugh!

Listening to yesterday's trial videos, I'm soothed as I listen to Juan lay this out..how he repeatedly discounts her "story" .. Proves everything she says (or had said) is a lie. It surely sounds like any reasonable, intelligent jury will find her guilty and give DP or at least LWOP... But then I remember FCA and how strongly I thought there was no way they wouldn't find her guilty but now she walks the streets.... I pray justice is served for Travis.
I'm afraid my faith in the system was pretty shattered on that one so I just can't feel like this is a "slam-dunk" it appears one never knows how another will interpret information given. And it's my understanding that we (the public) have so much more info that the jury won't see or hear ( just like in that other case)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Like you, my faith in the system was also shattered after the CA trial - it left me numb for months afterwards. But there is a major difference in this case. We, and more importantly, the jury, have seen the disturbing, visceral body of a man butchered to death - there is no room to just intellectualize and/or try to imagine what Travis looked like in death. With Caylee (and forgive me if this sounds blunt) but all we saw was a skull. If we had seen that beautiful child, still with hair on her head and skin on her bones with duct tape wrapped around her mouth, the horror of that image might have produced an entirely different outcome.

I truly believe that CA is guilty but she said "no" and we saw nothing to absolutely tie her to Caylee's death. In this case, however, we have JA admitting the killing, we have pictures of the crime, and we have JM obliterating JA's claims of self defense.

There will be justice for Travis.

She bought the 3rd gas can at walmart with her credit card. IF she really took it back, that money would be returned to the card. I am sure JM has every transaction that was made with that credit/debit card. Another tall tale from Jodi > Liar Liar spiderman pants on fire.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

When JM plays the "no jury will convict me" video at the end of yesterday's testimony, I really hope the jury saw it the way I did: as a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ