jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the answer is simple. I believe Jodi when she says this is her first murder.

The scene you describe (Git'er Done method) is glorified in Soprano's TV - gangsta style. I don't think that really happens in real life when a person is face to face with someone *inside* that persons home on their own turf. More can go wrong for a murderer when they are in someone else's territory. More surprises can happen. Roommates can walk in, etc. the conditions would have to be almost perfect with certainty.

Very likely Jodi was a bit anxious and was gearing herself up for it. She used sex to disarm Travis and take him off guard and get him naked and vulnerable. He would have his skin exposed with no other protection of clothing. Nothing to protect his feet, nothing to protect his groin - two very vulnerable areas. How else do you get a guy to do that basically other than sex?

I am in the camp where I *think* the gun was her first intention even if it wasn't the first weapon to make the mortal wound. But i realize I am in the minority.

I am not so sure this was her first murder. We will never know. But I kow if she is set free, it won't be her last murder. She thinks she is all that....just saying.

I have thought about motive a long time. For me it was really simple. She wanted him dead. I almost think it was a thrill kill for her. She thought she was powerful and could get away with anything.
She still believes she can control everyone and every situation. Look at all her videos.
No one will convict me
I would beg for the death penalty.

Her statements are not tentative. They are absolute and over the top.

She has a Manson mentality to me. I am in control and you are all my servants.

I couldn't agree more. A revengeful thrill kill that she laboriously planned once she recognized he was done with her. No complicated motive there - pure revenge.

Jodi arias likes lots of backups. She had to get a third gas can in case, she buys 2 lotions, 2 hamburgers, she stops for multiple deposits. I find her bringing multiple weapons in keeping with her over prepared behavior. Also I think she wanted to enjoy this murder in multiple ways. It wasn't rational, it was emotional.

Jodi corrected Juan that she hadn't used the gas cans to fill the car back up while leaving the murder and before she crossed the Hoover dam. I wish Juan had asked her where she was when she used the gas cans. Any time Jodi corrected Juan I wondered if he would ask her 'so when was it...' or 'so where was it...' and hope she slipped up with info that previously happened during her fake fog attack.

This may have already been discussed and I missed it. But when Juan was showing her one of the photos that were accidentally taken he showed her one that showed the threshold. He pointed to the far left part of the threshold with his pen and asked her 'This is Travis isnt it?' and she answered 'yes.'

I have looked at the photo and all the others several times but didnt even notice that Travis was in the photo.

Had anyone else already caught that before he pointed it out?

tia

I find it very telling that in jm's cya email to Travis after she slaughtered him, she admits her motive by acting uneffected by cancun. It sums up everything. (looky looky I'm emailing him I don't know he's dead and I'm not mad about cancun) I hope that is emphasized in closing.

hahaha... I agree but I highly doubt Arias will let Nurmi get away with thaaat. She will want to clarify and attempt to CONVINCE the jury that the last five days on cross were wrong. She will go on and on and on and on.

I hope she does because there will be a noticeable demeanor change and she will also most likely give 2-3 more versions of events.

**her linebacker move with the head turned sideways was pathetic!!**

And she had her arms outstretched??? ummm there was NO STIPPLING of the gunshot wound.

I am not sure how long re-direct will take but I could easily see her taking two days. (I hope she does too.. she will completely lose the jury if she hasn't already)

BBM

Yes! Her linebacker pose was pathetic. There is no way Teavis came down that hallway in that position. The hallway was not wide enough for Travis to have stretched out his arms like she says he did. Didn't happen.

This is EXACTLY what I believe as well. Thank you for putting it so eloquently into words. :clap:

Me too.
We have many wonderful, thoughtful posters here, and I so appreciate the links, the facts and reference materials . I could not possibly keep up, otherwise. I enjoy all of you, all the different ideas and premises. You help keep me on my toes.

Merci.:woohoo::yourock:

OMG she was drawing a picture???? :what: I wonder what it was.

I'm guessing based on her hand movements, couldn't actually see what she was doing. And we know that she has had her drawings up for sale on ebay.

Elementary, thanks but what glares at me is I see so many posters trying to reason this out as if Jodi is normal and as if this was self defense. Truth is, if she were a male, the defense attorney would have told him to plea for LWOP and that his goose was cooked. But her being a pretty female....well, think Casey Anthony...and she killed her baby!!!!! Females can be just as strong, just as brutal and more deceptive than a male any day. JMO.

BBM

I think, since we're normal people here (well, most of us ;)), we NEED an explanation. We want to make sense of it all. That's what a normal human brain craves. But obviously JA isn't normal, she doesn't have a normally functioning brain, so there is no way that we could ever possibly truly "get" it. And that irks us.

just like so many other times, she had to go back for something. it's a theme with her.
if she had something with her she forgot to give darryl and it was important enough to take back to him, you can bet she knows exactly what it was. but now she's forgotten what it was. i don't think so.
i'm with the poster who thinks she gave DB or his son that stolen DVD player and it was the remote she forgot to give him. that makes total sense to me.

That is so important tying Jodi Arias to the staged burglary of her grandparent's home and the theft of a gun identical in caliber to the gun shot Travis suffered to his face.

Can the State be holding this gem until the closing?

I was hoping JM would delve more into her putting her luggage into the car sometime around 2PM but then I realized he might not have any solid evidence that could dispute whatever she said about it. What I believe he was trying to do was suggest to the jury that if luggage was packed up and her car ready to go by 2PM or shortly thereafter, maybe Travis thought she was long gone before he got into the shower.

IMO, Jodi left and came back...or pretended to leave and lurked around waiting for him to get in the shower where he would be easier prey. She may have thought he would get in the shower earlier than he did; as things went down she did not have a lot of time to act before she had to get out of there because one of the roommates might show up. If Travis had gone into the shower earlier, he would have died earlier and the scene would have been cleaned up much better but she didn't have the time to hang around and take care of that as well as she would have liked, IMO.

If Jodi wanted him in the shower for pics and talked him into that, I think she would have done it earlier--why wait until half an hour before a roommate could come home when she had Travis in the home all day? Even if she didn't care if she had time for a better clean-up, it's risky.

Would Jodi have killed a roommate if he had come home before she got out of the house? Maybe that's why she had a gun. She brought a knife for Travis--stabbing is a lot more personal than a gunshot, and I believe she wanted him to see his killer and to feel immense pain before he died. But there would be nothing personal about shooting a roommate/witness. IDK...just some of my thoughts, as it is impossible to get inside the head of one who is wired like Jodi.

The dragging photo has bothered me since the first time I saw it. Who would intentionally photograph something like that, given the act of setting up a camera to do that would be time-consuming? And time was not on her side by then. And if that photo was unintentional, how did it happen? The camera was on the floor upside down at the time that photo was taken, and her foot is really close. Maybe she kicked the camera, it flipped and the shutter released? It's not probable, but it is possible.

I am and have always been in the knife first, gunshot last camp. Head wounds bleed profusely--even small ones. This head wound bled very little, according to the ME. But my main reason for believing in knife first is that I believe Jodi wanted Travis to suffer. I do not think she would risk a gunshot to the head as her first attack--too much chance it could kill or at least render him unconscious. And this vicious animal wanted her prey conscious; she wanted him to feel the pain!

IMO.

Anderson Cooper will be doing a special about this on CNN. It airs about 10 times Fri- Sun Mar 1, 2, 3. I've set the DVR.

Anderson Cooper 360 Special: Sex, Lies and Audiotape: The Jodi Arias Trial

She bought the 3rd gas can at walmart with her credit card. IF she really took it back, that money would be returned to the card. I am sure JM has every transaction that was made with that credit/debit card. Another tall tale from Jodi > Liar Liar spiderman pants on fire.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

I also do not think that she returned the gas can......but....I have returned items before at Walmart that were purchased on a CC, and I was offered a store credit, gift card instead of it going back to the CC........I guess this made it less of a hassle for the lady doing the transaction....

eta: but, like another poster indicated....the item was marked on my original receipt!

I don't remember where I heard this suggestion but what if she wanted him to die with the sin of fornication on his soul. He was devout but sinning. Recall that when she shared her concern about oral sex with a Mormon girl, that girl told her to get to the bishop and confess ASAP and to wear her seat belt on the way so that she wouldn't die before she confessed it and made peace with God. She knew she was going to kill him and he would meet God with an "unclean" soul. His mortal as well as his eternal life were taken by her.

This doesn't entirely make sense to me. I hope this doesn't cross the line into "religious debate," but my understanding is that Mormons don't actually believe in hell as most people would think of it. In fact, from what I've read about LDS beliefs (which admittedly is quite superficial), it seems like they think most people will eventually do OK after death; the worst TA could have feared from having committed fornication was being demoted to a slightly lesser state of "glory." Maybe some LDS readers could tell me if I have that right?

Good morning everyone :) OK so is it 100% positive Juan Martinez will not be questioning JA on Monday ?

This may have already been discussed and I missed it. But when Juan was showing her one of the photos that were accidentally taken he showed her one that showed the threshold. He pointed to the far left part of the threshold with his pen and asked her 'This is Travis isnt it?' and she answered 'yes.'

I have looked at the photo and all the others several times but didnt even notice that Travis was in the photo.

Had anyone else already caught that before he pointed it out?

tia

Which picture are you talking about? The ceiling one? You've got me curious.

This is why I maintain that she killed him using the three methods that were described in the Mormon temple as being acceptable methods to allow yourself to be killed as expiation for your sin. "Blood atonement" means your blood spilling pays for your sins and allows you to go to the Celestial Kingdom. It is no coincidence, in my opinion. She prepared the shower to be the place where the copious amounts of blood would go down the drain. It was a planned execution.

Even though JA was not a real Mormon, she would know about the three forms of death as one of the "deep" teachings that Travis told her about. She would see him as deserving of death and herself as allowing him to pay for his sins of violating the law of chastity, telling what went on in the temple, etc. This information Travis may have given her during the conversations they had about religion and "spirituality." The use of the word "deep" is a tipoff. That's a Mormon-lingo word, the lower teachings also called "milk" and the higher ones "meat."

The three methods of death would be sending a message that Mormons would understand that Travis was a sinner.

I think JA shot him, then tried to shoot him again, the gun jams, she goes to get the knife and when she comes back he is standing at the sink coughing up blood. She goes wild and attacks his head and neck and he turns and comes at her low. An expert says that he may have been unconscious or at least immobile when the nine stab wounds were delivered to the one area of his back 5-6" square. I believe his head was in her stomach when she delivered those concentrated back wounds--he was pushing her down the hall, where she left the hand print.

I could be totally wrong but like many of you, this scene is playing in the background of my regular life and my subconscious has been trying to fit together all the pieces of the puzzle.

It was the photographer with a knife in the hall.

OK - that all is just creepy

I know nothing of Mormon doctrine or that there are "acceptable" ways to die

On your point about the gun - how do you explain that the *only* shell casing landed on top of a pool of blood that was already there? That does not support the notion that the bullet caused the first wound.

That is so important tying Jodi Arias to the staged burglary of her grandparent's home and the theft of a gun identical in caliber to the gun shot Travis suffered to his face.

Can the State be holding this gem until the closing?

Without the gun, is there evidence it was the same gun?

I am not so sure this was her first murder. We will never know. But I kow if she is set free, it won't be her last murder. She thinks she is all that....just saying.

bbm:

i agree 100% which worries me if she is set free. she has travis's murder to compare any future killings to and correct all her mistakes she made that led her to be caught here.

i watched some susan wright stuff last night,comes across as jodi saying exactly the same things on cross as she did. the fog was the one that stuck out to me. id never heard of a memory loss being called that before this

I'm guessing based on her hand movements, couldn't actually see what she was doing. And we know that she has had her drawings up for sale on ebay.

Please! Are you kidding me???? OMG
well, maybe she's thinking about her future earnings. Way to turn the corner.....wow!:pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ