jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - that all is just creepy

I know nothing of Mormon doctrine or that there are "acceptable" ways to die

On your point about the gun - how do you explain that the *only* shell casing landed on top of a pool of blood that was already there? That does not support the notion that the bullet caused the first wound.

In testimony when JM showed Jodi the evidence photo of the shell casing in the blood, she denied it was the shell casing she shot. I thought that was interesting. Wondered why JM didn't ask her how she knew that.

just like so many other times, she had to go back for something. it's a theme with her.
if she had something with her she forgot to give darryl and it was important enough to take back to him, you can bet she knows exactly what it was. but now she's forgotten what it was. i don't think so.
i'm with the poster who thinks she gave DB or his son that stolen DVD player and it was the remote she forgot to give him. that makes total sense to me.

Has a list of items stolen from Gma/Gpa's home been released to public?

Has the police report for the burglary been released to public?

Could someone provide details? TIA

I have a question...haven't been following this like all of you.

Is the "shower photoshoot" something that is accepted as something Travis actually wanted?

Or could those pictures of the last minutes of his life actually been taken by her without him knowing it? I am pretty sure there is a glass door, so it doesn't make sense that it would be open, but how else could he have not known she was there?

I don't understand if he knew they were being taken...why her suitcases, etc. were packed up sometime after 2pm and the shower pics weren't taken until 5'ish. Did he know she was still there when he actually got in the shower? He had plans that evening (the conference call)...about 90 minutes after the shower. It would make sense for a guy who has work plans to shower and eat first. And she had plans, too...and was supposed to be somewhere else, too.

Or are those the unknowns, and probably will remain unknown? I am really interested, but not interested enough I guess to go back and watch her entire 9 days of testimony that I have already missed. I didn't start watching until cross.

But since you all seem so welcoming, I figured you wouldn't mind - sorry if I am mistaken. It might just be annoying to answer questions that might have been asked 200 times already! LOL!!

I think Travis' murder was a direct result of Jodi losing control of Travis, of where she viewed her life was ultimately headed. She is still desperately attempting to control everything and further destroy her victim even after having killed him.

It may well be her first murder...but I am as convinced as can be unless she is confined or dead Travis won't be her only.

I just can't see an acquittal in any circumstance...but it does give pause at how many other 'Jodis' just haven't risen to the ranks of an arresting offense or haven't been caught yet. JMO

I have a really hard time trying to remain "impartial" as I listen to the testimony. How is it possible for a normal human being to not feel "emotion" when trying to render a verdict? I know the jury is supposed to look only at the facts of the case. How does a juror separate all that out? I have never been on a jury, so if someone could share I would appreciate it. TIA

Very good!!! Yes! We know she is lying all around but you are right - her version only makes the stopwatch show even shorter time allotment to do all that tackling, running down the hall, stepping up on shelves in a Cirque du Soleil manner, grabbing a gun, checking for the safety, checking if its loaded, and then running back to the bathroom. ALL THAT in 62 seconds ???!!!!

I wished Juan had made her reenact that instead of the linebacker move.

BBM

I think a re-enactment upon closing would be worth sticking around for. As it is, I don't think I can stand seeing that woman justify herself another day. She makes me exhausted - think of what she did to the other people in her life!

This is why I maintain that she killed him using the three methods that were described in the Mormon temple as being acceptable methods to allow yourself to be killed as expiation for your sin. "Blood atonement" means your blood spilling pays for your sins and allows you to go to the Celestial Kingdom. It is no coincidence, in my opinion. She prepared the shower to be the place where the copious amounts of blood would go down the drain. It was a planned execution.

Even though JA was not a real Mormon, she would know about the three forms of death as one of the "deep" teachings that Travis told her about. She would see him as deserving of death and herself as allowing him to pay for his sins of violating the law of chastity, telling what went on in the temple, etc. This information Travis may have given her during the conversations they had about religion and "spirituality." The use of the word "deep" is a tipoff. That's a Mormon-lingo word, the lower teachings also called "milk" and the higher ones "meat."

The three methods of death would be sending a message that Mormons would understand that Travis was a sinner.

I think JA shot him, then tried to shoot him again, the gun jams, she goes to get the knife and when she comes back he is standing at the sink coughing up blood. She goes wild and attacks his head and neck and he turns and comes at her low. An expert says that he may have been unconscious or at least immobile when the nine stab wounds were delivered to the one area of his back 5-6" square. I believe his head was in her stomach when she delivered those concentrated back wounds--he was pushing her down the hall, where she left the hand print.

I could be totally wrong but like many of you, this scene is playing in the background of my regular life and my subconscious has been trying to fit together all the pieces of the puzzle.

It was the photographer with a knife in the hall.

I speculated early on that JA killed TA before he could repent for his 'sins' and ruin his chances of reaching the Celestial Kingdom. I also see a pattern of behavior with JA about the "semantics" she uses in nearly every sentence uttered from her lips. The use of "semantics" that young LDS people use to justify their behavior (ie: normal human biological responses) from being a "sin" to being "ok" within the religion (ie: Provo Push, grinding, etc) is something that JA really loved to exploit. This truly gives JA power and control . . . her semantics are the only saving grace for her and when JM doesn't allow her to differentiate between wording - she crumbles.

That's a very good point. They've been so overwhelmed with her waffling all over the place that it almost forces them to just go back to the basics - tangible evidence:

Zero evidence in diary of abuse
Zero evidence in texts of abuse
Zero evidence in mutual phone sex of abuse
Zero evidence of need for self-defense

bbm: you said it much better than I did! (I completely agree)

IMO jm made Travis get in that vulnerable position sitting in the shower with his leg crossed over and stabbed him in his chest. I can't help but go with the evidence of the ME and the photos speaking volumes. The photos are amazingly telling. Jmooc

Ok she did it I agree but why the long method of seduction, camera pics, struggle and death? Why not just do the job and get out? If this was so well planned in advance then why summit yourself to a struggle to eventually offer the fatal blow. This part I am struggling with. You don't bring a gun thinking just in case I might need it. You bring a gun to use it and get it over with.

Jodi is the ultimate Black Widow. She tempted, taunted and used her "mate" then destroyed him. Her acts served her sadistic needs!

No he is done with Cross for now.. Nurmi gets to re direct and then Juan can recross if more is brought up that he needs to address.

I really wanted that clip in of " I would beg for the death penalty"
But I don't think Nurmi used it so Juan can not use it .

From what I understand, Juan is limited on cross to only address things that Nurmi or JA bring up and put forth. He can not just ask her anything he wants.

Hopefully a lawyer will jump in. and correct me if I am wrong!

here is the new thread for rebuttal discussion...:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8959570#post8959570"]What would you rebut? Discuss rebuttal here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

there is also info on rebuttal in the opening post

I have a really hard time trying to remain "impartial" as I listen to the testimony. How is it possible for a normal human being to not feel "emotion" when trying to render a verdict? I know the jury is supposed to look only at the facts of the case. How does a juror separate all that out? I have never been on a jury, so if someone could share I would appreciate it. TIA

I was a jurist in a murder trial. A man killed his daughter. He admitted to it but we had to decide if he was sane or insane at the time.

There is a lot of emotion but I knew I had to put that aside for my job. I had to be impartial, I had to take in the facts and leave my heart out of it. It actually wasn't that difficult. I felt a huge sense of responsibility and patriotism (for lack of a better word) knowing that I was doing my duty as a citizen of this country (that sounds so cheesy, sorry).

We had one woman who COULDN'T keep her emotion out of it. She refused to believe that a man could kill his daughter and be sane. She was our only 'sane' vote.

when jodi left travis, the front license plate was on the front seat... and he back one was upside down. to avoid detection. obvious. preplanned.

We had late night (lol, early morning) discussions on this. Came to the conclusion that the removal of the front and the upside down was done AFTER the Hoover Dam checkpoint. Also, wasn't it nice that the skaters put the screws back in the front plate holder for her.

there have been so many versions given by arias that I think the jury will stick with the evidence (forensics, cell records, texts, etc he!! even the sex tape) when they deliberate.

I am going to start a thread for what everyone thinks the state will do on rebuttal... I think Juan left a lot of hints during his cross :)

:please::please: .. that will be really interesting!!!

BBM

Yes! Her linebacker pose was pathetic. There is no way Teavis came down that hallway in that position. The hallway was not wide enough for Travis to have stretched out his arms like she says he did. Didn't happen.

Not to mention she claims (several time) that her eyes were closed. So, if she couldn't see the "rage" in his eyes because she wasn't looking at him, and squeezed here eye tight when she shot him, and it all happened SOOOO fast, then how the hell does she know which way his head and arms were positioned when he linebackered her like a charging bull, so much so that she could demonstrate it?

Horseshit.

Jodi arias likes lots of backups. She had to get a third gas can in case, she buys 2 lotions, 2 hamburgers, she stops for multiple deposits. I find her bringing multiple weapons in keeping with her over prepared behavior. Also I think she wanted to enjoy this murder in multiple ways. It wasn't rational, it was emotional.

Yes! And lots of backup explanations; she rarely answers a question without leaving lots of wiggle room and therefore lots of alternate explanations in case her answer didn't work for her later.

I missed before the last lines.......saying is house is a bit more lonely without Napolean around. WTF?! Dig on relationship with what's her name who NOW has the dog!

You're welcome. She is one sick sick individual!

I'm going to post it over here, since the thread closed right after I posted it.

110k750.png

2emdgyq.png

I was hoping JM would delve more into her putting her luggage into the car sometime around 2PM but then I realized he might not have any solid evidence that could dispute whatever she said about it. What I believe he was trying to do was suggest to the jury that if luggage was packed up and her car ready to go by 2PM or shortly thereafter, maybe Travis thought she was long gone before he got into the shower.

IMO, Jodi left and came back...or pretended to leave and lurked around waiting for him to get in the shower where he would be easier prey. She may have thought he would get in the shower earlier than he did; as things went down she did not have a lot of time to act before she had to get out of there because one of the roommates might show up. If Travis had gone into the shower earlier, he would have died earlier and the scene would have been cleaned up much better but she didn't have the time to hang around and take care of that as well as she would have liked, IMO.

If Jodi wanted him in the shower for pics and talked him into that, I think she would have done it earlier--why wait until half an hour before a roommate could come home when she had Travis in the home all day? Even if she didn't care if she had time for a better clean-up, it's risky.

Would Jodi have killed a roommate if he had come home before she got out of the house? Maybe that's why she had a gun. She brought a knife for Travis--stabbing is a lot more personal than a gunshot, and I believe she wanted him to see his killer and to feel immense pain before he died. But there would be nothing personal about shooting a roommate/witness. IDK...just some of my thoughts, as it is impossible to get inside the head of one who is wired like Jodi.

The dragging photo has bothered me since the first time I saw it. Who would intentionally photograph something like that, given the act of setting up a camera to do that would be time-consuming? And time was not on her side by then. And if that photo was unintentional, how did it happen? The camera was on the floor upside down at the time that photo was taken, and her foot is really close. Maybe she kicked the camera, it flipped and the shutter released? It's not probable, but it is possible.

I am and have always been in the knife first, gunshot last camp. Head wounds bleed profusely--even small ones. This head wound bled very little, according to the ME. But my main reason for believing in knife first is that I believe Jodi wanted Travis to suffer. I do not think she would risk a gunshot to the head as her first attack--too much chance it could kill or at least render him unconscious. And this vicious animal wanted her prey conscious; she wanted him to feel the pain!

IMO.

I don't know that we may ever know how the camera took the last photos it did. I believe it was divine intervention.

Here is Jodi, a psychotic loser who watches movies and peers behind a camera to gauge and learn how 'normal' people react to things. She chooses photography as her career so she can master being a chameleon among us. And the lynch pin to capturing this murderer? The victim's camera with photos taken of a murder as it happened! Divine intervention.

Do I think Jodi has sworn off photography as a career? :floorlaugh:

Good morning everyone :) OK so is it 100% positive Juan Martinez will not be questioning JA on Monday ?

there is a tweet from Beth karas in the media thread that says re-direct with nurmi starts monday and he also has two expert witnesses yet that also have to testify (he will most likely be up all next week imhoo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mutations