jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #65 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course PS...we Texans don't have a problem with giving evil people the death penalty.

Nope! I graduated from HS in Montgomery, lived in Houston & The Woodlands for 15 years, also lived in Dallas for a time. After living in Cotulla for awhile (hubby's job) I'm now in Corpus Christi. :)

What a lovely idea, and how generous of you to do this, katiecoolady! I hope she realizes how many friends and loyal fans she has on Websleuths...I do believe some smart cookie will snap her up because she's just so good. BTW, I saw Beth this morning on The Today Show, discussing the Arias case (briefly) with Lester Holt.

My impression of Beth is that she is SO busy and work oriented that she really hasn't known just how many fans she has out there. She seems surprised when I tell her how admired she is. I think this is why it's so important we send emails to her and In Session. I'm on a mission if you can't tell. lol:great:

I think she flipped it AFTER entering Utah. Everything she did seems to be taken from true crime stories regarding how someone either evaded detection or set up an alibi. I have heard several stories about prime suspects having solid alibis because they had contact with LE far away from the crime scene. Who better to vouch for her presence in Utah than officer friendly in Utah? There is no way she drove through AZ with a license plate screaming "pull me over" when she was careful to leave no trace of her presence in that state down to no receipts and cell phone off. I think JM will argue it was done in UT to shore up her alibi that she was in UT at the time Travis was savagely murdered.

the "snickering skateboarders" story is so unnecessary, imo - i mean, what a coincidence (among so many) that she even sees them, which gives her a reason to explain why it was that way... seems to me, it would have been much more believable if she simply said she had no idea how or when that happened..

but it is interesting that she chose to make the timing of the supposed license plate turning prior to arriving at mesa..

That portrait shot of Travis in the shower really speaks to me. "So this is it. My sense of dread materialises. It's this, finally. You are a maniacal MONSTER!"

What I think is very telling is she says 'the only visible injury'

Kelly

YES this is where her pathology tripped herself up. She thinks she's saying "I had other injuries that weren't visible from the body slam etc" but she's REALLY saying "I cut my finger with that knife while I was stabbing and slashing Travis"

I don't quite know where else to put this so putting it here.

I purchased two "Thank You" cards for Beth Karas yesterday. One from me and one from the WSers to give her on Monday.

I do think it's her last day working for In Session...I'm not sure what happens with her after that w/ this trial but I'll find out. Not even sure if she knew last Thursday.

I'm also driving to Sedona for the weekend and going to find her a beautiful necklace that represents AZ. Turquoise probably. She wears alot of necklaces so I'll find something that seems in her style. I will post a photo of it here after I get it.
If you guys want me to either make this a WS thank you gift or want me to pick up something else just let me know. I 'm ok going either way with it...I just need to have something special in my hand to give her on Monday. 19 years and the end of an era.

The card I got her for the WS community says this:

"The kindest hearts
expect no reward
and deserve
it all the more"

Inside:
"You give so much of yourself
in the kindness you show
and the lives you touch.
That's why you deserve a heartfelt "thank you"
and a wish that all the goodness you share
comes back to you"

Any ideas on how to sign this appreciated. I will just figure it out but want to capture the right sentiment.

Sigh....I'm in denial but I'm just so sad about this. I believe she will be snapped up somewhere but...dayum...

While you're in Sedona ~ I've heard there is an amazing place to get a manicure :wink:

Sorry~ I just could not let that go...

Right..she's all over the map with the finger but her BLOOD on her HAND was at the scene..on the wall, during the murder. If that's not cirumstantial I don't know what is. The jury just has to dismiss the direct evidence portion of this which is eye witness: from the lying defendant herself.

I wonder if the jury will take a vote across the board and just decide to dismiss EVERYTHING she's said on her days of testimony.

This is one thing I don't get. She admits being there , admits the killing, the shot, the throat slashing etc. Her handprint is there in her blood. What possible harm can it do her to admit her hand was cut "defending herself"?
Yet she has probably spent an hour at various points denying it.
Couldn't " mean ol Travis" have "broken" it in January then she cut it when she killed him?

YES this is where her pathology tripped herself up. She thinks she's saying "I had other injuries that weren't visible from the body slam etc" but she's REALLY saying "I cut my finger with that knife while I was stabbing and slashing Travis"

I also find it interesting she has little memory of the event, but she remembers everything TA said to her. Very self serving.

Kelly

My 15 year old has watched much of this trial for a crime scene investigation class he's taking. This and our ongoing dialogue, I'm quite certain he's well informed and armed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome. It's definitely a dialogue we will be having when mine is old enough. I truly think this was Travis' first, no matter what Jodi says, and like a lot of immature boys (sorry, guys, no offense!), he didn't know how to give it up and felt he did still love her. It's tragic.

the "snickering skateboarders" story is so unnecessary, imo - i mean, what a coincidence (among so many) that she even sees them, which gives her a reason to explain why it was that way... seems to me, it would have been much more believable if she simply said she had no idea how or when that happened..

but it is interesting that she chose to make the timing of the supposed license plate turning prior to arriving at mesa..

NO KIDDING. All of it.

Is there a list of upcoming witnesses available or is that something that is unknown/not made publicly available?

I'm particularly curious about TA's friend who was on JVM with the video of him shooting a gun which he had borrowed. I am aware that the tape will most likely be used and that JM would like him to testify and that perhaps DT doesn't want him to because he has been watching trial coverage I believe.

Has a decision been made regarding this? I think it would be wrong if they are allowed to show this video and his friend isn't allowed to explain it.

TIA

I believe men like to conquer. If you wave a white flag and give [it] up immediately they will probably take it, but it will lack the desired sense of accomplishment. I can absolutely see how TA wouldn't feel inside that JA was marriage material if she was as she appears in regards to sex.

I've experienced it both ways, and the anticipation and build up makes it much more satisfying in the end then a girl who easily offers herself sexually. I think some woman believe sex is a way to make a man like them, and they will, but not for the right reasons. He will wonder how selective they are in choosing a mate if they don't have to work for it.

If he likes you and you don't give it up right away it won't deter him. If he just likes sex and not you he won't stick around and you're better off.

thank you younger man-! i am glad to know there are still sensible young men around today! yes i always felt that men like to conquer. when i was 33 i had a male friend age 30. he was newly divorced and dating. he met a very attractive sexy young thing who slept with him on the first date. he told me "when I can have sex with a woman right way, i lose interest in her". this young gal was the sexual aggressor and they continued having sex for a few weeks or months and then he moved on. she was bewildered. now my male friend was not ready to be serious or get married again right then, but i can't help thinking they might have had a longer relationship if she has waited to have sex with him.

I also find it interesting she has little memory of the event, but she remembers everything TA said to her. Very self serving.

Kelly

You and I are sharing the same brain. I wrote that exact thing in my notes.

Oh yes, of course it happened before she left CA. It shows that she had no worries about being pulled over in AZ. I think her aim is to make it seem as though she made no effort to avoid detection in AZ or on her way there because, according to her story, she had no idea she would ultimately have a reason to conceal her presence there. She thinks she's being crafty.

SO I am guessing that his room mates NEVER did any laundry.....I am single and do laundry almost every day. How could those loads in the machine go unnoticed for 5-6 days?

Perhaps because they were young men and saw that the other person hadn't "rotated the load and folded" .... and therefore they weren't gonna do it! :floorlaugh:

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so apologies in advance if this has been discussed already. But I believe Jodi had a more nefarious reason to buy the Neutrogena sunblock than hoping Travis would take her to Cancun or that she just found a really good deal at Walmart. She was a woman on a mission--to kill Travis Alexander.

Vinnie Politan wondered aloud, "Why so many gas cans?" Might she have also contemplated arson, to burn the house, the body, and as much evidence as possible?

The Neutrogena UltraMist sunblock Jodi purchased was in a highly flammable aerosol can, not a tube. It has since been discontinued.

Pink Panther found the description of it on Paula's Choice website:

Pink Panther wrote: I'm inclined to go with the sunblock as well but I'm stumped as to why she would buy two of them? That product is now discontinued. I found this description of it though:

"This spray-on sunscreen provides sufficient UVA protection with stabilized avobenzone, but the base formula is almost 50% alcohol. The alcohol means that it dries quickly, but it also causes irritation and free-radical damage as well as cell death, which all conspire to cause collagen to break down and hurt the skin’s ability to heal. Add to that the sensitizing potential of the high amount of active ingredients needed to achieve SPF 85 (a sunscreen rating that’s overkill because there isn’t that much daylight anywhere in the world) and this is a sunscreen to leave at the store." [Emphasis added]

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautype...unblock-SPF-85

The product was labeled Flammable.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20062515,00.html
http://thebeautybrains.com/2007/02/27/the-hidden-danger-of-sunscreen/
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=10859

The facial cleanser may have had a similar purpose.

P.S. To me Travis looked scared the whole time he was posing in the shower. I wouldn't be surprised if she had the gun on him from the start.

More Beth news...this just in:

Do folks understand that I'm still on TV through the Arias trial? I won't be off air until it ends, whenever that may be...

Thanks for all you're doing!

Beth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members