jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might feel better about that jury if you listen to Tricia's radio show from last night where both Beth and I discuss them. I'm not worried about any of them.

I'll be back in court this afternoon so will see how different they are with back to watching paint dry w/ Nurmi and I'll see if more juror questions arise, etc.

Thanks, I will do that. I have to be Jodi free at home to keep peace but fortunately I can listen at work.

I am just concerned that the Jury is exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally from this trial and are missing things that we pick up because we have the comfort of not being in court.

I will go listen to the radio program - assuming I can find it!!

Does Nurmi have to do his redirect before he calls the next witness or can he call her anytime? Just wondering if he would try to put the DV witnesses up before her? Thanks!

:yes: I think his re-direct will be short. Otherwise, he is gonna open up another big 'ole can of worms. :worms:

:yes: I think his re-direct will be short. Otherwise, he is gonna open up another big 'ole can of worms. :worms:

I am SO hoping you are right! Listening to the two of them (Nurmi and JA) is painful!

The truth of the matter is and I don't mean this in a tacky way, just factual. NO Man would attack anyone NAKED. The "family jewels" are exposed and seriously when you think about it, why didn't she just kick him there if she was so afraid.

Defend himself naked? Heck yeah, but attack someone naked?? No way..

This is one of the most outrageous claims I've ever heard.

Interesting. I always thought the pedophile lie developed after she was arrested. Do you think she made it up and presented it to him before she killed him?

Definite possibility...

Initially, I think she was stringing the 'extortion' out in dribs and drabs as the Cancun trip approached.

Then, as he wasn't responding as per her dictates, she began to really crank it up by mid-May.

He still wouldn't see it her way, so she escalated the blackmail again.

I've always thought so.

By the time June rolls around, she shows up on the 4th to re-hook him on the freaky sex, but this time she has a contingency plan. And when there's still no Cancun invite, and it's clear to JA that to Travis she will never be anything more than the occasional booty call and tri-orifice marvel (or insert your choice of colorful euphemism), well...

For those mathematically inclined, let us quantify thusly:

(Knife + Gun)*Woman_Scorned > Fury_Of_Hell*Steroids

Thanks, I will do that. I have to be Jodi free at home to keep peace but fortunately I can listen at work.

I am just concerned that the Jury is exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally from this trial and are missing things that we pick up because we have the comfort of not being in court.

I will go listen to the radio program - assuming I can find it!!

Here's a link:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/03/04/websleuths-radio

There is one juror I call "tri color" I also refer to as "the stenographer" as she's documenting EVERYTHING> Juan Martinez will tie it all up for them in his rebuttal case and closing argument. And he gets the last word.

An observation that I made while watching Jodi on the stand is that she shows absolutely NO remorse whatsoever. NONE. When she is describing what happened in that bathroom "According to Jodi" she doesn't show any sorrow regarding what she did to Travis, it was almost like she was taking great pride and joy in what she did. Especially when she was being questioned about the sexual activity, it was like she was taking pride in that it was her, Jodi Arias, that slept with Travis last and even while the crime scene photos and timeline were being discussed, no emotion. Like I have said before, I am a survivor of Domestic Violence and Arias used NO language of an abuse victim. Her tone, terminology and descriptions of events were not laced with language that prominent that victims of domestic abuse would use. That was a PROFOUND observation and could not have been lost on the Jury, especially if any of them has been subjected to abuse in the past or present.

Does Nurmi have to do his redirect before he calls the next witness or can he call her anytime? Just wondering if he would try to put the DV witnesses up before her? Thanks!

He doesn't have to redirect but she will have to answer jurors questions before she steps down. Also, if she gets off the stand and is recalled after a witness, she is fair game for cross again.

The only difference between the defendant taking the stand and any other witness, is the fact that the state can't call a defendant to the stand, only the defense can.

In class rewatching day 7 of the trial.
Interesting, she mimics ner movements when watching herself on video.
Just picked up on that.

Okay, look
Jodi Arias Trial Day 7 (FULL HD) - YouTube
around 1:06:07
We learn why she colored her hair prior to visiting Travis! She didn't want neighbours to recognize her blond hair. She probably knew his roommates wasn't home as well, so she didn't worry about them recognizing her! Oh this was so premeditated.

I had forgotten Flores let her know that her parents were "concerned but not surprised" at her involvement in the murder.

In class rewatching day 7 of the trial.
Interesting, she mimics ner movements when watching herself on video.
Just picked up on that.

Okay, look
Jodi Arias Trial Day 7 (FULL HD) - YouTube
around 1:06:07
We learn why she colored her hair prior to visiting Travis! She didn't want neighbours to recognize her blond hair. She probably knew his roommates wasn't home as well, so she didn't worry about them recognizing her! Oh this was so premeditated.

Do we know what color hair Mimi had? :waitasec: If she had blond hair, was she trying to make herself look like her? So, If anyone saw her they would think it was Mimi? :waitasec: Just thinking out loud.

I AM so ticked at "Tru Tv" I just removed them from all of my TV's.
I will not ever watch any of their stupid shows again.
It was irritating enough that they cut court at 3pm est. when
there were still trials in session on the East coast. Never mind
the fact that I had to endure commercial breaks about the most
pitiful examples of "real tv" I could hardly even stand 30 seconds
of it no way I could stand 30 min of their programs...
they are on my official dead list now.

ok done with my rant now....:blushing:

Send comments!

Insession.viewercomments@turner.com

An observation that I made while watching Jodi on the stand is that she shows absolutely NO remorse whatsoever. NONE. When she is describing what happened in that bathroom "According to Jodi" she doesn't show any sorrow regarding what she did to Travis, it was almost like she was taking great pride and joy in what she did. Especially when she was being questioned about the sexual activity, it was like she was taking pride in that it was her, Jodi Arias, that slept with Travis last and even while the crime scene photos and timeline were being discussed, no emotion. Like I have said before, I am a survivor of Domestic Violence and Arias used NO language of an abuse victim. Her tone, terminology and descriptions of events were not laced with language that prominent that victims of domestic abuse would use. That was a PROFOUND observation and could not have been lost on the Jury, especially if any of them has been subjected to abuse in the past or present.

I think adding this particular aspect - lack of remorse - to all of the very compelling evidence is what is truly going to be her demise.

She is so damn defiant and arrogant! I don't know how any lawyer or defendant can think this is a good stragedy, so it just goes to show that is who she is to the core of her being.

Something that for most of us is hard to fathom, to be THAT unaffected by the power behind a prosecutor who holds your life in his hands.

Many of you have watched many trials, has there ever been a witness with these qualities that she has portrayed?

He doesn't have to redirect but she will have to answer jurors questions before she steps down. Also, if she gets off the stand and is recalled after a witness, she is fair game for cross again.

The only difference between the defendant taking the stand and any other witness, is the fact that the state can't call a defendant to the stand, only the defense can.

Can't wait for those! I think their questions will give a great insight as to what they are thinking!

As a survivor DV I agree with you 100%. She is proud of herself because she still to this day feels she won. She didn't want Travis going to Cancun without her and he didn't , so she got her way , which is the only thing JA cares about. JMO

Here's a link:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/03/04/websleuths-radio

There is one juror I call "tri color" I also refer to as "the stenographer" as she's documenting EVERYTHING> Juan Martinez will tie it all up for them in his rebuttal case and closing argument. And he gets the last word.

Thanks for always using the jurors name that you gave them. It really helps out. Thank you so much for all you do.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

You might feel better about that jury if you listen to Tricia's radio show from last night where both Beth and I discuss them. I'm not worried about any of them.

I'll be back in court this afternoon so will see how different they are with back to watching paint dry w/ Nurmi and I'll see if more juror questions arise, etc.

I listened to the show this morning. I'm so sorry about your sister, Katie. When you explained the reason for your username, it brought tears to my eyes. Your insight into this trial is invaluable, and Travis' family is so lucky to have you for support.

I think adding this particular aspect - lack of remorse - to all of the very compelling evidence is what is truly going to be her demise.

She is so damn defiant and arrogant! I don't know how any lawyer or defendant can think this is a good stragedy, so it just goes to show that is who she is to the core of her being.

Something that for most of us is hard to fathom, to be THAT unaffected by the power behind a prosecutor who holds your life in his hands.

Many of you have watched many trials, has there ever been a witness with these qualities that she has portrayed?

First off it's really rare to ever see a defendant on the stand. But the closest I saw was in our own trial, my sister's husband was cocky and said strange things (like how offended he was our family didn't invite him to our after funeral gathering and weren't "nice" to him...his co murderer borrowed my father's suit coat so...anyway) But even with that I've NEVER seen a sociopath of the likes of Jodi Arias. She's terrifying to me because she's smart, diabolical, violent , unremorseful and sadistic. And ALL of that has come out with her just being on the stand.

She's in a league all her own, to me.

Possible project for Katiecoolady ...

Re: the nude photo of TA on the bed with two fingers up

Probably a very indelicate question, but I wonder if you might ask family members of TA what they think the hand sign he most likely was making, knowing TA as they did and the signals he did and did not use.

Was the sign a:
- peace sign
- two finger salute
- scissors (IOW cut, stop taking pics)
- ?

Of course, ask only if you think it would be ok to ask. TIA

Thanks for always using the jurors name that you gave them. It really helps out. Thank you so much for all you do.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm kind of all over the map with the names (meaning some I've come up with, Anita's , KBisME etc lol)...I'm gonna print out Anita Richman's list today and study it..and now I think we have avatars to go with them. lol Thanks for noticing.

Possible project for Katiecoolady ...

Re: the nude photo of TA on the bed with two fingers up

Probably a very indelicate question, but I wonder if you might ask family members of TA what they think the hand sign he most likely was making, knowing TA as they did and the signals he did and did not use.

Was the sign a:
- peace sign
- two finger salute
- scissors (IOW cut, stop taking pics)
- ?

Of course, ask only if you think it would be ok to ask. TIA

It may not be appropriate for me to ask them that (I don't really speak with them about the evidence and honestly they don't speak with anyone after being instructed to not speak publicly about anything). But I will ask Travis friend Pam who may be there today and I'm quite friendly with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTonic