jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 12TH DAY #60 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to say something about this, because I think it's drawn from the idea that because they face her, they feel sympathy for her or whatever. I want to point out that I'm a woman and I would face Jodi during cross to see her reactions - not because I feel sympathy, because I don't, but because I'm an assertive type of woman who looks at people, especially when I know they're full of crap.

Also, I think body language experts are basically pedaling woo-woo.

IMO

I agree about the woo-woo. Maybe I read it wrong (?), but it sounded like Katie was suggesting, from her observation, that those 2 female jurors might be sympathetic.

Sorry but you're wrong!

The trial of a capital case is divided into two separate proceedings. The first is the guilt phase of the trial, at
which the prosecutor presents factual evidence as to the defendant’s guilt for the murder. The second phase is
the sentencing proceeding, called the aggravation and mitigation hearing. During the aggravation and mitigation
hearing, the prosecutor presents evidence as to the existence of aggravating circumstances, and the defense (or
the prosecution) presents evidence as to the existence of mitigating circumstances. Both parts of the trial are
presided over by the same judge, however, the finder of fact at the guilt phase is a jury, and the finder of fact at
the sentencing phase is the trial court judge
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/documents/IntRpt.PDF

If that's the case, from what you have seen, do you think this judge would sentence her to death?

Does JM have any kids? Imagine being his teenager. No way to have the fun and requisite learning curve of lying your way out of being late ffor curfew.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

This trial is really starting to get to me. Earlier today I made a Jodi sim in Sims 3. I drowned her in the pool.

You just made me snort my club soda out my nose...:floorlaugh:

Give a warning next time will ya?

I'm still :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

BUT JA seemed to feel secure when she locked the car doors.
It would seem she saw her way clear in sleeping alongside the road IF she kept the car doors locked.

She raced through a desolate desert from Mesa to Las Vegas in the middle of the night; BUT HAD HER CAR DOORS LOCKED.

JA claims these reasons are perfectly consistent and logical.

:waitasec: Having a loaded gun with me would make me feel safe. Hmmm....:waitasec:

Good morning my peeps, hope everyone is ready for another riviting day of Jodi testilying...

Juan made me laugh out loud a few times yesterday..."Fer realz"...OMG, still laughing about that one. "Riiiight" in response to one of Jodi's answers...."Costume Change"...nearly died at that one....I'm a dance mom and I know ALL about costume changes.

ITA!! I would be staring at her face the whole time. I'm an assertive woman, too--and I would try to catch her eye when she started lying. I don't think that facing her means supporting her--at home I stare at her face during her answers just trying to figure out what the heck her malfunction is.

Thanks for sharing all of you guys (gals) on this who are. That one back row juror Anita calls "Maureen" really looks directly at her. It makes some people uncomfortable but I've not gotten that feeling from it...maybe she's doing exactly what you guys would do.

Regarding the buffoon Mr. Nurmi: did anyone notice his suit the other day? The jacket has two back vents, and he failed to clip the threads that keep them attached to the suit while it's in the store? They also sew up the pockets, and you have to clip the threads. WTH is his wife? The man needs a keeper.

OMG. Put me in the bafoon category. I was wondering why my pockets wouldnt open. :what:

I have a couple suits with pockets like that and just thought they were for show or something. Need to check to see if I can cut them open now. Most of my other ones come with open pockets.

I would not be surprised if Brian Carr floated that story himself.

I wouldn't be surprised either.

He was on JVM last night and he said that story is false --Jodi doesn't even have a girlfriend in jail.

He also said that Jodi believes (as does he) that it will be a hung jury or she will get a lesser charge and she will walk with time served or something of that nature.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

And for the Jury to find Premeditation, they only need to agree that for a mere second... yes 1 second, she had a forethought that she would kill him..

She would do "something, anything" along the line of put this in the car, decide to drive there and give him 1 chance to marry me, take a gas can and not leave a trace of me in AZ.

Any one moment of planning however small of someones demise, and she had the "pre" meditated.. "pre" thought that she would not leave with him alive..

And that is premeditation. It can even come AFTER she is there and says to herself "oh no you didn't just say Mimi a 4th time..that's it! 3 was ok, 4 is now, he we go Travis"

I will be stunned in disbelief that this jury does not find at least one small event or thing she did to meet the requirement for premeditation.

How much more planning would they need to see? the text to herself on the Iphone calendar "JUNE 4, 2008 - Kill Travis"

My faith is in this Jury, the Prosecutor and the State of Arizona.. really, they don't mess around there.

I believe one thing the jurors will NOT be able to get past is the meeting like force with like force.
The DT's ONLY explanation for this will be the experts testifying on the battered woman syndrome, and they have already been blown out of the water before they ever testify.

I agree about the woo-woo. Maybe I read it wrong (?), but it sounded like Katie was suggesting, from her observation, that those 2 female jurors might be sympathetic.

I really don't find ANY of the jurors seeming sympathetic to JA in the ways I see it. But there was that "navel intelligence" Janine Driver spoke about regarding how people will regard someone's importance.

I've not been really worried about any juror except one and my feeling has changed on him in the last couple of weeks.

I don't live out west, but have spent a great deal of time-months worth- in the deserts of Arizona and Utah. IMO, there was no need whatsoever for her to burn the evidence. All she would have to do would be to drive 1 or 2 miles down one of the gazillion dirt/dust roads branching off a 1 or 2 lane highway, get out of her car, walk a few dozen feet and bury the evidence. There would be close to zero percent possibility that anyone would ever find a thing.
Gas not required.

I think JM is right on in his supposition that she just didn't want to leave a trace of herself in AZ.

She didn't by chance stop and ask anyone to borrow a shovel, did she??

Sorry, wrong trial, my brain is scrambled. ;)

And for the Jury to find Premeditation, they only need to agree that for a mere second... yes 1 second, she had a forethought that she would kill him..

She would do "something, anything" along the line of put this in the car, decide to drive there and give him 1 chance to marry me, take a gas can and not leave a trace of me in AZ.

Any one moment of planning however small of someones demise, and she had the "pre" meditated.. "pre" thought that she would not leave with him alive..

And that is premeditation. It can even come AFTER she is there and says to herself "oh no you didn't just say Mimi a 4th time..that's it! 3 was ok, 4 is now, he we go Travis"

I will be stunned in disbelief that this jury does not find at least one small event or thing she did to meet the requirement for premeditation.

How much more planning would they need to see? the text to herself on the Iphone calendar "JUNE 4, 2008 - Kill Travis"

My faith is in this Jury, the Prosecutor and the State of Arizona.. really, they don't mess around there.

BBM

Yesterday Mr. Martinez gave her a very subtle warning of that. While talking about her journey to Mesa, he said words to the effect of "and when you arrived here". I got his meaning. I wonder if she did.

My mom and I were just talking about the case and she asked me what Nurmi's last name is. :floorlaugh:

I wouldn't be surprised either.

He was on JVM last night and he said that story is false --Jodi doesn't even have a girlfriend in jail.

He also said that Jodi believes (as does he) that it will be a hung jury or she will get a lesser charge and she will walk with time served or something of that nature.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

That hope is the only thing that prevents JA from throwing herself on the jurors and choking them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmoran4