jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 12TH DAY #60 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom and I were just talking about the case and she asked me what Nurmi's last name is. :floorlaugh:

Did she think Nurmi was his species?:floorlaugh: Poor Nurmi--I kind of like him now--he's got an impossible job to do, doesn't he?

Burning is faster and less physically demanding than having to dig a hole.

Not to mention the "symbology" of cleansing through fire would appeal to JA

I can't seem to find this bit anywhere...

When/where (which city) was she when she took "the cosmetic approach to her pelvis area?" Or did juan cover the "where" yet?

Can you think of a different word? That one brings back nightmares!!!

Thanks for sharing all of you guys (gals) on this who are. That one back row juror Anita calls "Maureen" really looks directly at her. It makes some people uncomfortable but I've not gotten that feeling from it...maybe she's doing exactly what you guys would do.

Thank you. I always feel a sense of calm after reading your posts.

By appearances and the rulings she makes, I think she could. I don't know anything about her record on these things though. I'll google and see what comes up. That'll help me stop watching the clock for trial to start LOL!!

This is her first death penalty case but I do believe if the jury recommends death she will agree with the jury.

I dont think this Judge likes JA one bit.

:floorlaugh:

Isn't that interesting that JVM thinks JM is yelling. Has JVM ever listened to herself, she yells all the time, to the point I can't listen to her. Sorry, but I think her brain turned to mush a long time ago.:moo:

Agreed. Pot calling the kettle black. That's why I stopped watching her.

Other JA watchers and I have been debating the role of the JA recorded phone sex conversation of May 10. It is not obvious to me what her motive was to obtain that recording at that time?

One reason was JA wanted it for “blackmail” purposes. She could threaten TA that this recording would be forwarded to any future girlfriend TA was to ever have in the future. That is plausible assuming JA was feeling rejected and rage at that time. Such a recording would be a very effective weapon.

A second reason offered is that JA was collecting souvenirs for her own sick purposes. She wanted a reminder of her prior conquest although that relationship proved to be abortive by May 2008.

Finally a detail was revealed during the cross exam yesterday. The cell phone carrying the recorded conversation was “mysteriously” ?? stolen or was mysteriously ? lost around May 18. JA could not possibly have anticipated her 2013 defense strategy to characterize TA as a sex pervert back in May 2008. So I am confused why JA would ditch this cell phone only to “miraculously” find it again sometime around 2010 when her self-defense story was being constructed.

Any better ideas out there??

I think you're right about the blackmail. In direct when she claimed TA had threatened to tell her family of her psycho behavior, she said she called him and said, "and I'll tell everyone you are a pedophile with a past". I think her intention in recording the call was to ruin any future relationship TA might have.

When/where (which city) was she when she took "the cosmetic approach to her pelvis area?" Or did juan cover the "where" yet?

Salinas (I think)

Just to set the record straight, when Juan asked about the cosmetic approach it wasn't relating to the "murder trip" but relating to a different date earlier.

I don't understand why JA always says that she "knew about" the Cancun trip for a year, knew that Travis would have a ticket for a guest, but just didn't care one little bit that he wasn't taking her.

Although Cancun itself isn't listed in that '1000 places' book, there are some places very close to it that ARE listed--ruins, or something. I looked it up in the book a while ago--maybe someone can provide a link?

WHY would Jodi be ok with not going if she learned about it a year ago? If I was Travis' girlfriend, I would expect to go. There's just no way that this trip is a coincidence to have been around the time of the murder. She's lying.

I've reached the conclusion that the Cancun trip itself was not some huge trigger for the murder. I no longer think that she went to AZ with any hope or intention of talking TA into taking her.

I think he cut her off completely enough in mid-late May that she knew she had no hope of worming herself back into his real life. I don't believe that TA knew she was coming at all, or that if he did it was at her insistence and for some lame reason like she was dropping off a check.

Yes they had sex, but I can also see her coaxing him into it by saying one more time, just for old time's sake. I look now at that last photo of him alive in the shower, and maybe I'm reading into it, but I see an expression bordering on anger and certainly of impatience. Like, just get the h--ll out of my face, out of my shower, out of my house, out of my life.

My mom and I were just talking about the case and she asked me what Nurmi's last name is. :floorlaugh:

When I talk about this trial to friends I say Nurmi like Seinfeld says Newman.

Originally Posted by Isabelle
Can't recall, but did Travis have a 2 car garage?

Looking at the pics, it seems like it is a 2 car garage and a 1 car garage, making a total of 3. Jodi did mention she parked in the "middle space".

Forgive me, I've followed this case for what feels like forever, but I'm going through a massive Crohn's flare so my trial watching is spotty but I'm here. I'm pretty sure I caught Arias saying she got a quickie Brazillian in Salinas? TMI, but no way. I've gotten them, and you can't do them that quick because sometimes it irritates your skin. And it's not a quick thing nor a cheap thing. Wouldn't she need an appointment? She made it sound on direct like she waltzed in to some strip mall and got her nails done. Nails, assuming hair, and Brazillian require money and appointments which IMO prove premeditation.

:floorlaugh:

Isn't that interesting that JVM thinks JM is yelling. Has JVM ever listened to herself, she yells all the time, to the point I can't listen to her. Sorry, but I think her brain turned to mush a long time ago.:moo:

A bit off topic, but tangentially related. My ex used to get me in these Jodi-like convoluted discussions, say outrageous things, argue in a really maddening fashion. When I finally would lose patience, I would be the one to raise my voice. Trump! He would immediately say "wow, you're acting really crazy". And I was---but it was after a concerted effort on his part to get me there, and BINGO---we were no longer talking about him or the issue at hand, but my "crazyness".
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Gaslighting, crazy-making. It's a technique and it works. Unless you're Juan.

This is her first death penalty case but I do believe if the jury recommends death she will agree with the jury.

I dont think this Judge likes JA one bit.

I don't think her attorneys can stand her either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remember yesterday when JA said the rental car didn't have floor mats when she got it---that is very easy to disprove by checking the rental car sheet--before u drive away they check everything on the checkout sheet--any dings, how much gas...if there weren't floor mats that would have been checked---she got rid of the mats due to the large amounts of blood on them.. Maybe the mat had the imprint of the bloody knife,

I don't think there was large amounts of blood on the floor mats. I think she was showered, changed and fresh as a flower to start her alibi trip to Utah.

I thinks she got rid of them just in case there was some trace evidence (blood).

What about the "kool aid" stains on the seats? I want to know more about that!

On direct she said she took a shower downstairs after sex in TA's office. Yesterday he asked her if she took a shower where she had placed TA and she said yes, which was upstairs in the master suite, right?

I'm going to have to watch her direct examination again--I just couldn't focus on it the first time since her speech affectations really irritate me and I find myself just noticing her mannerisms. That will be a fun weekend project for me while the court is dark. It's pretty obvious that poor Jodi is struggling to remember which lies she told. She's been lying without any consequence until now--now she actually has to worry about what she said on direct exam. If she tells another story during cross, she knows she's lost.

So far, she has only admitted to getting her nails done there. Nothing else.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member