jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 12TH DAY #60 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or as JM taught us.......the word tumescent.........or big! I still smile at that one. He didn't use erection or "hard on"..........

And FTLOG......the things and words that Jodi has taught us all

:thud:

LOL!! After I wrote that, I went to make a grilled cheese and my mind was hearing "Tumescent, tumescent" and I LOL in my head. I sound crazy now!!

Awww lol. I put my 14 pages of notes on the court observer thread.

AFter you read it wanna go over to the Hollywood Hotel Tower of Terror? That's my favorite ride (but not at Epcot). Then we'll get an ice cream sandwich, ok?

The Tower of Terror is my / our favorite too. Along with that eerie Twilight Zone theme and that free fall and flying about a foot out of the seat, is that a rush or what? I think it's time for me to plan another trip.

Anyway, thank you so much for giving all of us WS'ers the inside scoop to Juanderful Land. I think it really helps us, me I know, to feel a part of things out there. Oh, and please say that you got back on your thyroid med. You have to take care of yourself. Thanks, KatieCool :wave:

especially if he thinks she's getting out of jail, and he just maybe has a shot with her...

Well.....he could kinda guesstimate what kind of sex life they could potentially have. Maybe. Sorta.

And he sorta, possibly, maybe already knows what she "looks like", from head to toe. So no surprises there, right?

Rewatching part of the testimony I watched today. So Jodi called Darryl in May to ask if he had any extra gas cans. Wonder if it was on May 28th?

I think every time they show a photo of her naked and/or describe anything to do with sex, and ESPECIALLY anal sex and her willingness/fondness for it, she is SURE she'll be cut slack by at least ONE man on the jury. It doesn't matter which one; she thinks she's every man's fantasy lover.

I hope she's wrong about that.

I unfortunately came across her photos again today...she looks as though she was every mans lover! I am sure they were all grossed out.

ITA
When JA stated she 'thought' she remembered putting the knife IN the dishwasher = JA got the knife OUT of the dishwasher..

Check out her talk about the ninja incident and her purse.. ohh and how she could see the 'woman ninja' slicing up Travis from where the Armoire is located in the BR is sooo ridiculous!

The more JA spins seems the more she goes in a backwards type motion :banghead:

MOO

Part of me won't let go of the thought she shot him first, didn't get a fatal shot and the gun jammed. She then left the room (as she says the ninja man did for a minute), ran down, grabbed a knife from the kitchen (straight shot down the stairs), and returned. When she got back, TA had crawled down the hall, trying to escape, but was still alive and wouldn't die. Then the knife action took place.

But sometimes I flip to her stabbing him first, then shooting him when he kept showing signs of life. She talks about it a lot in her interrogations and 48 hours (he was still alive, he was breathing, he 'wasn't doing much' but was still conscious, etc.). Those statements get to me the most.

One of many reasons to despise her. She knew she'd never have to give up that money when she wrote that check. :furious:

A true sociopath. The more I think about that check the more I will believe it was her excuse for visiting him. However, her asking Det. Flores if it would be cashed was absolutely appalling. Hopefully the jury will be reminded of that check before they deliberate.

MOO

Have a good night everyone!
:seeya:

Another thought just hit me IMO Travis totally told her to hit the road!
JA is stalker crazy. She would have stayed there longer had he allowed
her to do so.
She would have blown Ryan off at the drop of a hat.

Maybe she did just go there to kill him?

Have we seen the e-mail he sent on the 26th?
I think he may have threatened to get a restraining order or
something.-since 1000 miles didn't keep her away.

Honestly if she had any dirt on him that she could prove
I think she would have tried to ruin him.

I THINK She attempted to get some *advertiser censored* photos to blackmail him
and out him to the church.... but that would out her too no?
He may have deleted the photos himself.???

After she tried to blackmail him with the photos and told him about the sex phone recording and he STILL said stay the eff away from me, there was no reason to save the pics. I think she deleted them while racing through the cleanup and then threw his camera in the washer.

BBM I was told not to smile on my DL pic. I thought that was strange.

Well, it's clear you simply have a dazzling smile. And it's not fair to the rest of us if YOU look stunning in your DL photo, and the rest of us look awful. That's why.

interesting thought***

earlier in the trial (like right after the state rested) Nurmi said in open court that, for scheduling purposes, his case in chief would wrap up around 8 February

we are currently (and obviously) well past 8 February and Juan has not even finished his cross.

Nurmi will then get up for re-direct which, honestly, could take days.

Then Nurmi also has all the rest of his witnesses to call.
:gasp:

Based on the date approximation he gave to the judge I am just guessing that he did not plan on Arias getting up on the stand. I think we well knows what he is dealing with and did not want her up there giving version 8.0

All the above being said, if Arias is trying to go for the longest trial in US history she would not succeed as the McMartin preschool trial was the longest and it lasted 3 years
McMartin preschool trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe very strongly that she took the stand against her counsel's advice. It dovetails exactly into her nature. I can't hate on her defense attorneys, it has to be beyond frustrating to deal with her.

More often I noticed when he objected, JA would answer anyway before the judge had a chance to say sustained. Gotta love it when that happens!!!

Jodi has to feel in control and superior. There is no way her lawyers can save her from herself.

Brian Carr, friend of Jodi. His sister was victim of DV so he reached out to jodi and became friends. he talked to her Sunday. Talked about what is goin on outside with a certain person. Wouldnt say who on air. (that is creepy)

Some people are very drawn to the drama the Jodi's of the world generate. Someday, when I know a certain person is dead, I have a story. Brian has been sucked in-and is no threat (imo) on his own.

You actually HAVE a Ford Focus??? :seeya::great:

Ummmm....just tossing this out...... It sure would be nice if someone with a Ford Focus sedan would consider putting 3 five gallon gas cans in the trunk, and a case of Costco water, lol! And, of course, taking a pic with the trunk open, and posting that pic for their WS friends, lol!

The Ford Focus website says the trunk volume is 13.2 cubic feet. (both hatch and sedans)

But seriously, if you have a moment, would you be willing to measure the floor space in the trunk, at least?

It would be easy to calculate whether or not 3 five gallon gas cans would fit, with a flat of water. My instinct says it would all fit, no problem. Water in the farthest, where it is shorter in height in the trunk. Gas containers against the trunk by the bumper edge. And some space left over on the wheel well edges.

(Geesh-- Ford Focus-- another coincidence to that "other" case many of us followed.)

I'll do it in the next couple days, it's the car my hubby uses for work and we both have something to do tomorrow night. I will measure and take a pic of the trunk and post it on Friday afternoon. I think the trunk is very small. BTW, I thought Jodi rented a car because her Focus was getting crappy mileage. Not that she rented a Focus.

I'm curious, too. I don't think any of them were involved or we would have heard about it by now. I just can't fathom how at least one of them could be in the house and not SMELL the decomposing body! I know guys tend to have a higher tolerance for smelly things, but a dead body, especially one with so many punctures and slices, goes way beyond smelly gym socks and rotting pizza (shades of CA). My cats often stick their paws under closed doors, and so do my sister's cats, because there is usually (but not necessarily) some room under a door inside a house, so it's not like his room was hermetically sealed.

Also, did they keep the A/C on during the day when everyone was presumably out (most people would turn it off to save on the electricity bill). I would think Arizona heat in June would speed up the decomposition process. Where was the air-intake for the A/C on the floor where Travis's bedroom was located?

Here is the link a helpful WSer gave me: http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

I am still digesting it. Perhaps the smell wasn't permeating the house until after his friends opened his bedroom door and found his body. I don't have experience in this so I can't say.

maybe JA is having this new friend keep an eye out on Skye....I hope she is following the court order and not watching anything or speaking to anyone....

"At some point you started to go on your trip for reals...?

HAHAHA -- was Juan just amusing himself or what?

Good Catch!
It does look like the shower from a distance which could change a theory..

The problem I have with this shooting first though is.. you see Travis' bathrobe still hanging neatly on the hook between shower and tub which makes me believe he was attacked once got Out of shower.. hence the 1st stab to chest (per ME) which brought him to his knees hitting tile (blunt force trauma per ME) by the bathtub area.. bathmat had blood on top plus bottom.. TA crawling and/or attempting to get up going to the right towards sinks while being stabbed in the back (blood on lower part of walls + splatter expert testimony in that area) then JA slit his throat at the sink area (cough blood forward platter) then TA made his way down the hallway using the wall, crawling maybe and landed at the BR doorway (given the amount of blood on carpet).. TA wouldn't go down fast like JA thought he would once slashed his throat but he finally did.. JA dragged him from there to the shower..

IMO he was shot either right before she put him in the shower or after he was already put in it (bullet casing location) JA thinking he wasn't dead yet given the decomp type noises bodies make...

or Not, just my :twocents: since I can't get past the neatly hung robe that appeared to not have blood on it and was not introduced as part of the blood evidence ;)

Good explanation for the possible order of wounds. But could all of that occurred in the 2 minutes from 5:30 to 5:32?

Rewatching the last while of today's testimony. I :floorlaugh: when Juan was questioning Jodi about the rope cutting, "This wasn't a case where he was going to hog tie you was it?". I love Juan! Atta boy, I think he is the main reason why I'm watching this case.

I don't get why someone would measure a rope that way; from the bedroom to the bathroom. Wouldn't one just lie on the bed and the other person measure that way? I'm speaking from no experience btw, :what: just using my common sense which Jodi seems to be lacking. I now understand the whole rope thing; she's trying to explain where the fibers came from found in the bathroom and on the stairs. Excuse = rope. If no rope, where did those pieces come from? I saw the day of trial where Juan suggested the throw pillow on the over sized chair in TA's bedroom.

Can someone please explain the significance to the whole rope/fibers theory? What are the fibers so important? TIA :seeya:

I'm going to quote myself and bump this and if Dum-Dum Sucker is around tonight... if you send Mr. Pinsky another email about his show, can you please tell him how sick and disrespectful this knife wielding guest he invites on really is? I'm not watching tonight but I know exactly who they're talking about. He's loud and what he contributes is usually irrelevant and he talks about slicing up victims like they're lunch. It's offensive and so is Dr. Drew for having this guy back.

Hi LP - I'm not watching Dr Drew tonight either. So far I have not looked at even one autopsy or nudie photo,,,,,,and I don't want to start now.

I am familiar with the grinning knife-wielding guest. Ugh. I will mention this to DD the next time I write him.

IIRC, it was 5/25/08. Agree, left it on the desk, or had just given it to Travis that day as her "excuse" for being there.

MOO

I agree that she used the check as an excuse. She brought it with her, along with the gun and the knife. I would like to see the phone records between her and Travis in late May, very early June. Strange that she would date the check May 25th and not deliver it until June 3rd. Had she been trying since May 25th to go to Mesa, but Travis told her not to, that he never wanted to see her again, told her to put the check in the mail. Did he finally relent, or did she just show up. Was this the last straw that caused her to steal the gun and set her plan in motion.

OK.........whew! done with reviewing today's testimony as I was out all day.

I checked in (peeked, lol) occassionally........and I have a wish for doing threads! I wish that if I am really short on time (e.g. looking at the youtubes, can't multitask).....wish that I could sort a thread based on thanks. Yes I realize it's time sensitive..........but to get to immediate juicy stuff.........wish there was a filter/sort like I do for youtube to find each days trial (can sort by stars or date posted etc)

Anywhooo....back to reviewing threads!

"I think it was the morning of the third because we had stopped in Santa Cruz first"

"It was past midnight, I think, but the time we got to Monterrey"

Met McCartney in Santa Cruz on the 2nd - so who was with her from Redding to Santa Cruz? Her sister? And did Matt go with her from Santa Cruz to Monterrey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote