jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 13TH DAY #62 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what the closed hearings were about that the media is trying to get transcripts of?

I think the jury is so happy to be rid of her. I know I would be. Any questions would be opening the door for JA to weave more tales of woe.

We are not rid of her. We have redirect and then if no further recross, we have jury questions.

A special thanks to Wenwe4!! I don't know how you do it...I'm in awe. Thank you so much for transcribing today! You are awesome! :rocker:

KPNX broadcast filed for release of closed hearing records and transcripts . . .

Phoenix news . . .

received application this morning - Atty's have already received . .
what is the STate position - leave to court discretion

Nurmi - right to public trial weigh against right for fair trial . . things discussed in those chambers and in conference help to ensure she gets fair trial - disseminate that info would interfere with that . . . I am not certain what dissertions they would make . . it has been their consistent pattern to ignore fact this is death penalty trial . .

Brilliant, to those nay sayers, what do you say now?
I was riveted and this was the day the jurors were waiting for.

JM delivered IMO all the way to the big house.

aaaaaaaaannnnndddd

nowwwwwwww

weeeeee get to

um

listen tooooooo

Nurmi,

um

see how shee

feeeeeeeeels....

:banghead::banghead:

Look at Jodi during this hearing....

She knows it is over.

She blew it....(literally)

Oh I posted on the new thread but what is his problem now? All I hear is "NOT FAIR".

I think the jury is so happy to be rid of her. I know I would be. Any questions would be opening the door for JA to weave more tales of woe.
Nurmi gets re direct....they are definitely not done with her.

Is that true? I thought every defendant had a constitutional right to stfu? How can they be forced to testify?

No one can ever be compelled to be a witness against oneself in a criminal trial. However, if someone testifies using a self-defense argument, they can not hide behind the 5th as a reason to have been silent. So, she can plead the 5th (at any time) because she does not want to implicate herself in a crime. However, she can not plead the 5th as self-defense, because then she can be compelled to be a witness against Travis, because she is then a witness to his alleged crime that caused her to need to defend herself. That is 6th amendment.

Of course, since she is smarter than any judge, jury, lawyer, or witness, she is going to witness herself all the way to death row; forget the 5th amendment. She needs to worry about the 8th amendment.

She is just rocking her way through the bill of rights. Start with the 2nd, end with the 8th.

Looking at her: So long, farewell
Auf Weidersehen, goodbye

If I were her, I'd wet myself, when Nurmi says "death penalty case." after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling