jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 13TH DAY #62 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The teeth on the dude Vinnie P has on (Jason), his teeth seriously frighten me

Long time lurker here.... just wanted to introduce myself and say HI!

:welcome5: missyh. You picked a great day to join the conversation.

Holy moly what a day :)

Ummm , I'm a criminal attorney and I'm having a total WTH moment in here. Even I can't figure out why the jury is gone much less the gallery. This is really strange. :waitasec:

It's voir dire, isn't it? He made an objection so the judge wan;ts to see whether the objection makes sense. What I don;t get is why the cameras were shut off and the gallery empited. But I do understand why the jury was sent out.

Hope Jodi doesn't injure herself in this demonstration. That would be and afwul shame.......

Well, serves her right for suggesting it...Somewhere right now, as we wait, she's having to show JM what she means. That's fine.

moo

If she suggested it then there is the possibility that she has practiced and worked it out to mesh with the manner he was shot

Even if she did shoot him first, that hurts her case even more!!! You shoot a guy in the forehead that you are afraid of, then that's your cue to high-tail it out of the house while he sits there holding his head. No reason to then stab him in the heart, the back, and slit his throat.

The whole idea of self defense is to immobilize the person long enough for you to escape to freedom and safety. Shooting someone in the head whether they survive or not is enough force to run away. It does not give someone the legal or moral right to then hack them to death.

Heck I would like her to run through the bit she "remembers" and time it out.

Are these tv guys kidding me? Are they watching the same trial????

JUAN is doing a great job!!!

So is Juan Martinez CONCEDING that he was SHOT first? IS this going to HURT the Prosecution in their making her act this out? I hope this doesn't backfire into an OJ moment? Good Gorsh!!! Fat Murmi Squirmi has to get his fat butt into the middle of it all.

He's not conceding anything, JM is just trying to get her to tell the story according to her AND at the same time tell all the things she says she doesn't remember:seeya:

3 years expired Coca Cola. Opened it. Smells normal. Working up courage to taste it - now that I am curious about Coke, Gas Cans and Spam

Wow, this thread is crowded. 916 right now! Shut the doors before WS crashes! lol!

Wait, why isn't the jury supposed to know she is and has been in jail? In fact, how do they not already know? I mean she's been in jail for over 4 years right? I didn't even really follow this case until the trial started and I know that. And for them, it's a local case! I'm all the way in NY. I must be missing something here. Can anyone explain?

It's not supposed to come up or be commented on because of the danger that knowing the defendant is already behind bars suggests that they must have done something wrong. That's also why defendants get to wear street clothes. At least she is the one who brought it up. Guess she thought it would rustle up some sympathy or something. But I can see why JM was way pizzed. He doesn't want her trying to elicit sympathy much less causing a mistrial by emphasizing her "incarceratedness." :jail:

Wait, why isn't the jury supposed to know she is and has been in jail? In fact, how do they not already know? I mean she's been in jail for over 4 years right? I didn't even really follow this case until the trial started and I know that. And for them, it's a local case! I'm all the way in NY. I must be missing something here. Can anyone explain?
It's common practice to allow defendants to dress in their own apparel and enter/exit court out of the jury's presence if in shackles so their being under arrest without having made/been granted bail doesn't unfairly prejudice the jury against the defendant.

The theory goes if someone's in jail 4 years after they've been charged some might be prone to believe that alone indicates guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth