jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 13TH DAY #63 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't think Travis had any kind of mental illness at all. I think he was pretty much straight arrow Mormon who was discouraged about not finding his soulmate and fell into the hands of a succubus. I think he was trying to get away from her and straighten out his life.

You may have been confused about my sons. I have nine children. The first four were boys, then five girls. One of my sons (now deceased) was a violent psychopath, a beautiful handsome young man with a terrible anger that started at birth. Shortly after he died (drugs/alcohol/failure to call 911), the next son suffered a psychotic break followed by multiple hospitalizations, 13 suicide attempts and a long slow road to mostly independent living. He is fully disabled with schizophrenia/bipolar and I fix lunch for him every day and help him manage his life. He will never have a career, wife or children.

The only thing similar to Travis Alexander and my son was their age and the compassion I feel for his grandmother and his siblings. This morning I cried thinking about them preparing for what they would hear at trial today. Their lives are changed forever because of this tragedy and even justice cannot lift the weight.

The world is a darker place with Jody Arias in it. LWOP is too good for her because I saw how much my son loved prison and the attention he got in there. He was a big shot there and a loser on the outside. He wanted to go back!!! The thought of Arias being a celebrity in prison makes me sick. I want to think of her rarely in the future and when I do, I want to picture her on Death Row getting out for one hour a day to exercise in a cement square with a handkerchief of blue sky to look at far overhead. Day after day after day.

bitter sweet post, dear Anagrammy... makes my heart hurt, and i want to give you a hug...

bbm: i want her to have to listen to a loop of Travis singing his silly version of the Star Spangled Banner... nothing else from that tape, just that.. over and over.. so she knows, every day, that she selfishly took a wonderful, sweet, funny voice out of the world..

It just clicked.

There is NO WAY that the police at the Hoover Dam checkpoint would have overlooked a missing license plate and a rear license plate turned upside down. No way at all.
She messed with the plates AFTER Mesa and when she was out of AZ. Not to conceal the car in AZ but to have the car and herself placed in Utah, for an alibi.

I am using your post as a start point.

You are the first that I know of who who mentioned the plates in this manner. The plates in my mind have never been much of a factor, clearly turning them upside down and removing one is going to draw more attention, not less IMO. Certainly if the car was parked for any length of time, due to this someone may be more apt to write down the plate #, not like the vehicle would be used in a bank robbery as a get away vehicle. In that instance, an upside down plate may help. Certainly does not go to premeditation in the context of your post, would go to knowing right from wrong and trying to cover up.

I think the biggest thing wrong is trying to prove premeditation from Yreka. Hair dye....ridiculous, Jodi changed colors of her hair often, she did not change hairstyle or put on a disguise, so it's just Jodi with another color of hair, chances are that may have made her more likely to be remembered. Ah Jodi you colored your hair again!

Premeditation when it happened YOU BET YA, I just think a jury will have a hard time connecting the dots from Yreka. I think it would be best to apply KISS. No way did Jodi fear for her life. There are many things I am willing to concede to the side of Jodi, not saying they are earned and still she does not meet her self defense.

Last but not least, a crime of passion defense would have been a much better sell, they at least stood a chance there 7%

Ok...
So she is psycho crazy woman and premeditates his killing because of the old "If I can't have him, no one else will".

Why didn't she just just shoot after the roommates left, cornered in the shower stall.

Why was it is so vicious?

Very simple. He didn't die as quickly as she thought he would and she panicked and so kept on stabbing and cutting and slashing and shooting, etc.

IMO, the fact that she photographed poor Travis (may he rest in peace) after she killed him just further proves her completely psychopathic mindset. Shooting him, stabbing, and slashing his neck wasn't enough for her, she had to document it. I have reservations about the death penalty, but if ever a case called for it, this is it.

No, that's really impossible. It entered through his right temple and lodged in his cheek. Downward motion. No entry wound in the cheek. That trajectory is pretty clear.

What I'm saying is that according to her testimony and the stance she demonstrated, she could have shot him in the right side of the head, possibly even in the right temple. But if she had, the trajectory of the bullet wouldn't have matched the evidence.

She TESTIFIED that she held the gun with BOTH hands!

(Okay now I'm going to time out.... :sigh:

What does that have to do with the price of eggs?

One hand or two hands she still demonstrated shooting Travis in the left side of the head.

She got it wrong because it never happened that way.

I am left with the thought that she may have garnered sympathy from some on this jury. Her 'breakdown' caused him to soften and he finishes without asking if she cried on 48hrs. Inside Edition. While she was grinding her new BF the next day??

I feel left hanging after all these days of cross. There are other things I thought he could have done that would have snapped her back to her snarky self. Then came back and hit her with more, like timing of those pics and the impossibility of what she's trying to sell. Not end while shes all meek and whining yet STILL trashing her victim!

Sorry o/t here but
I want to apologize if I've missed answering to any one who may have quoted any post of mine!!! I have difficulty keeping up and had kidney stone attacks all week! It is very bad and the meds make me fall asleep in the midst of reading and even typing!
I decided today to just try to read along rather than post so it doesn't happen.

:seeya::seeya:

This is embarrassing. :blushing:

I kept nodding from medicine & not so much my normal self.

I missed 'gaps' of trial today.

So I must now correct this post as I watched some of the hln shows I was all confused. Is there any way of deleting an entire post? Hoping I didn't write any others!:banghead:

I will never listen to the ludicrous words of another TH on these tv shows who have not been in a court room for the entire trial. Never again. You cannot miss a half day and make an informed or intelligent analysis! I missed portions of the afternoon but now that I've watched it all I feel totally different!
Thank god for DVR's and You Tube!
(st arias doesn't have a clue what a 'fog' really is)

Wow. Just wow!
JM knew when to interrupt and knew when to let her rip!

If she doesn't get the needle I will be shocked. How many 'masks' does she have FGS? My 10 yr old nephew does a better fake cry. If that was for the jury and/or the public she's done nothing to redeem herself. How does the defense think they are going to rehabilitate this thing??

Even better wait until the entire case is over. I always found in my ventures in a courtroom that the instructions were one of the most important parts of the case. Sometimes the instructions can make or break a case.
This is sooooooo very true!! Even in civil cases we spend endless amounts of energy into the jury instructions. The verdict is usually the direct result of the jury understanding the unambiguous instructions. To this day, I blame the outcome of the CA trial on poorly drafted jury instructions. Great post. even though that was the worst sentence structure ever. It's late and I am on the iPad. I swear I would be wayyyy better in a murder trial.

What I'm saying is that according to her testimony and the stance she demonstrated, she could have shot him in the right side of the head, possibly even in the right temple. But if she had, the trajectory of the bullet wouldn't have matched the evidence.

She demonstrates him grabbing for her waist in his linebacker stance [so he is below her: check] and she has him turn his head so she can shoot him in the side of the head [check] but she has him with the left side facing up not the right [oops].

It doesn't work.

Someone please post the curtain hair duping delight freeze frame. I cannot go through the entire testimony again and I cannot remember when she broke down!

onthestand_zps0d0af5d9.png

timestamp 1:13:42

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 25 - Part 1 - YouTube

Well JM goes out of his way in the afternoon cross to point out that she:

*Removed her socks so as not to spread footprints around.
*She deliberately deleted photos.
*She put the camera in the wash
*She had three gas cans that were used to fill up the car so she'd avoid any trace of being in Arizona.
*That a gun of the exact same caliber, as the one that killed Travis, was stolen from her grandparents house and never found.
*She threw away the gun and knife.
*She called his VM and left a message.
*She left a text message about wanting to know if he was going to cash a check.

So yes, that goes to pre-meditation, IMO.

He also mentions;

*That the snippet from 48 hours that contains her saying that no jury in the world would convict her concludes with; "Because I'm innocent" and therefore makes her suicide story look made up.

He never mentions this, but hopefully someone on the jury caught her slip of the tongue from the other day when he said the guy she went to see after the killing was her alibi. IIRC, she said "yes-no"

If this wasn't premeditated I'll clean my toilet with my tongue for a month.

You rock! And I'll help you with the cleaning. ;)

She demonstrates him grabbing for her waist in his linebacker stance [so he is below her: check] and she has him turn his head so she can shoot him in the side of the head [check] but she has him with the left side facing up not the right [oops].

It doesn't work.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

*She had three gas cans that were used to fill up the car so she'd avoid any trace of being in Arizona.
*That a gun of the exact same caliber, as the one that killed Travis, was stolen from her grandparents house and never found.

He also mentions;

*That the snippet from 48 hours that contains her saying that no jury in the world would convict her concludes with; "Because I'm innocent" and therefore makes her suicide story look made up.

He never mentions this, but hopefully someone on the jury caught her slip of the tongue from the other day when he said the guy she went to see after the killing was her alibi. IIRC, she said "yes-no"

You are just too funny!

Gotta say you've lifted my mood many times as I was yelling at my tv.

Much needed levity. Thanks!

They don't actually weigh you and measure you in Fl. or Ga. so you can say anything within reason. I forgot how tall she said she was on the stand I think she said 5'4, so who knows. I do know this though she was not tall enough to reach that gun on that top shelf without something like a chair or stool. She didn't go back in that closet after Travis died or there would have been some blood evidence.

She said she was 5' 5" - 5' 5.5" on the stand... fwiw.

I'm 5' 7.75" but it's just easier to say 5' 7". Who knows how tall JA is. Travis didn't tower over her, both of them were fit. If folks are incredulous that someone her size (and gender?) could do what she did to Travis, then I guess grandma shouldn't have that shotgun - unless she makes sure any break-ins are done by her friends... (bad analogy but I'm getting a headache, sorry).

I don't believe size matters if one person is armed with 2 deadly weapons and uses the element of surprise if the other person is in a vulnerable position (wet, naked, completely never expecting his life to be threatened/taken during or immediately after his shower).

Good point about blood evidence. The closet is pristine.

The pic of Jodi that shows what she would look like after really crying was from court on 2/20, after she and attorneys came out of chambers. Actually, I think she was wearing the same green shirt we have seen. I can't find the pic, any ideas? thanks.

He also mentions;

Add to that list the time in the closet when he was on the other side of the door. JM went to great lengths to get her to "acknowledge" that she had a choice. She could have left the closet through the other door and ran down the hall. Instead, she chose to get a gun. That takes thinking and thinking is premeditation.

It doesn't work.

In Jodi's world didn't she say she shot him while in the closet, or did she have time to 'retrieve the gun from the top shelf after moving the bench so she could reach it and run back to the bathroom or out in the hall)?

OT: I was really impressed by the work law enforcement did on this case. IMO, They really did an incredible job in a relatively short amount of time. IIRC, TA's sister is a police officer in CA. I think LE really "took care of their own", and that is a wonderful tribute to the family and Travis. Their excellence brought primary closure for them. Hopefully, the VERY guilty verdict will give them the secondary closure and they can fully grieve. Respectfully, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010