jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 13TH DAY #63 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question. Wouldn't her being "psycho crazy" help to explain the viciousness? Or do you think she took the gun, covered her tracks with the gas cans, and sent the post-murder text messages was consistent with self defense?

Jean said tonight that when Juan got her to admit she remembers him on the floor shot in the head, that blows her self defense argument. He is now disabled and she could have walked away and called for help.

If she had done that, he probably would still be alive.

But, then that pesky fog rolled in like Maine in the month of July and nothing could be seen clearly except the gun, the knife, the rope, the socks, and the cup used to clean his body in the shower.

Nancy Grace et al, I can't believe you're buying into this. Every time you or someone on your program says "breakdown" I just have to shake my head. Seriously? Did anybody actually see a tear? Did nobody see the grin? Hey, in her position, if she's sincerely crying, she'd be better served to let it be seen rather than hide behind her hair and hands. She's not hiding tears. She's hiding the lack of tears.

Good grief, I can't believe anybody who's been watching all this believes any of this.

WARNING: THE VIDEO BELOW IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND INCLUDES IMAGES OF A DEAD CHILD

http://youtu.be/yEvREYXJOa8?t=1m34s

If you want to see a breakdown, and can stomach images of a dead baby, click on the link. I could only watch seconds before crying.

jodi arias inspires zero feelings of empathy in me because I can spot a liar/actor/faker a mile away (it's the Gypsy in me).

Fake emotions do not create the same response as real ones.

The bottom line for me is there is absolutely no corroborating evidence that shows Travis was abusive to her in any way physically.

So, after hearing all her proven lies i have to assume she is lying about Travis attacking her.

And if that is not enough, then I think about
-the gas cans
-the proven obsession about the vacation trip
-the proven jealousy with other women
-the coverup
-the stolen gun from grams 1 or 2 weeks prior which matched .25 caliber bullets
-all the other lies

You forget her incredible story about how the knife got to be where it was: He was tying her up and stretched a rope all the way to the bathroom where he cut it with a huge butcher knife that he just happened to leave there. No such rope was ever found at the crime scene.

If so, why didn't she shoot him when she walked in?

Everyone gave really good answers for this but let me add that this is an error in logic. The lack of an answer to the question does not disprove premeditation.

Why did scott peterson kill laci at the moment he did? Why did various murderers choose a specific moment? When they decided often has to do with not being detected and being able to commit the murder easily, with an unsuspecting victim who is unlikely to scream much or fight back much.

Here we can see that jodi needed to wait for the roommates to be gone and for Travis to be in a totally defenseless, unsuspecting position.

OMG, whatever you do, DO NOT look at every picture posted by people on Twitter. I just saw the neck wound. Lord have mercy, that tweet should have come with a warning. Jodi is evil....just evil. Now I can't shake it. I finally broke. I dont know if I can watch this afternoon now. I will cry like a baby.

Thank you so much for the warning. I have never viewed the crime scene photos of the body or the autopsy photos and yet my sadness and horror about this case is immense. I have no need to see Travis in that condition.

I will not take that as a personal attack.

I just think it was a "crime of passion".

I'm wondering if there is some confusion about what crime of passion is? It can be confusing and I saw early on here at websleuths that many posters misunderstood what it was. Just in case, when a homicide is found to be a crime of passion - an non-technical term - we are seeing more of a voluntary manslaughter or perhaps second degree murder case.

It involves a sudden rage or heartbreak that is followed by a crime with no cooling off between the moment of the sudden rage or heartbreak, and the commission of the crime.

Generally, situations allowing for crimes of passion would include things like you just walk in the home and find your wife in bed with another man, or you come home early to find the babysitter raping your child.

Beautiful.

Oh I know about grandparent's gun... just have to put ALL the pieces together as this is one heck of a puzzle.

Let me say this as an attorney: IMO, this is a case that has an incredible, exponential, onslaught of devastating evidence pointing to absolute premeditation and completely decimates the defense. And much of that evidence came straight from jodi's own mouth.

She will never walk. The best she can hope for is a hung jury and a new trial. At which time she will be found guilty.

But the only way there will be a mistrial in this case is if someone on that jury is mentally ill, or intellectually disabled, IMO.

I apologize if this has already been brought up, or if it sounds stupid but since Jodi seems to have many reasons for whatever she does, ie when JM asks her if that was the reason for something she always seems to respond "It was part of the reason" or "It was one of the reasons", is it possible that one of the reasons she wanted TA dead was those checks he had in his possession. Given her financial situation there was probably no way they would have been able to be cashed. Gives a financial aspect of motive, if he were conveniently dead through no cause of herself then she wouldn't have to worry about paying him back or cashing those checks. Wasn't one of her questions to Flores about the check?

A good question! But if you think about it, the emphasis has been on sex and relationships and jealousy more so than money. Besides, she always managed to scam someone. And I'm thinking for that much rage to come out in the stabbing, with 29 gashes, it would have to be more personal.

I am putting myself in a time out :chillout:
I need a hug.

Ok...
So she is psycho crazy woman and premeditates his killing because of the old "If I can't have him, no one else will".

Why didn't she just just shoot after the roommates left, cornered in the shower stall.

Why was it is so vicious?

Because she wanted to take out all of her frustrations of not being wanted by him on him. She could have just killed him "simply", but that would not give the crazy woman her due.

So, if you found out your boyfriend was a pedophile, would you have the right to kill him? Uh. No. I don't think so. If she had had the brains to tie it into her self-defence argument...well, maybe that would have been worthy of consideration. But she DIDN'T. So what does it have to do with the price of price of tea in China?

moo

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could take the law into our own hands when it came to pedophiles?

The fat lady has not yet sung....why not hold off on judgment until you see the entire prosecution?

Exactly. Wait until he gets a chance to present it all together. He was just asking the questions, to get the answers that will spell it all out. I have no doubt he will make it clear.

Lordy, I feel like I've been through the wringer and I'm just WATCHING this!

1) I am now officially a Juanette.

2) Having Juan walk through the crime has scratched a number of itches for me.

I see clearly how he has been handling this beautifully from the very beginning. First he showed the Jury her arrogance and aggressiveness by confronting her first. Then he showed her delight in her sexual prowess and nullified her claims to be the victim of a pervert. He restored the reputation of Travis Alexander. And today--oh, Sweet Today, he walked her through the crime and made her face what she has done.

And as she is crying, I can assure you her mental state is, "I am going to die for this."

Maybe...just maybe my confidence in the judicial system will be restored. I have to confess that I was traumatized by the OJ trial outcome and have been unable to watch another trial since Murderess Casey Anthony was set free. I only started watching this one because, thanks to Buddhist therapy, I am able to detach much better and maintain some personal equilibrium.

Thanks for having me on WS. I feel like I am among friends who share a common interest in seeing justice survive in America.

Thanks wasn't enough. Excellent post!!

Jodi is ambidextrous.

What has that got to do with her demonstrating his head with the left side up?

We know he was shot in the right side of the head.

She has the right side of his head facing the floor.

She was trying to make his position fit the forensics but she got it wrong. Too Bad!

I just looked at the crime scene photos on huffington post today, and the first one is a picture of JA's driver's license and her height is listed at 5'6.

........and my driver license says I weigh 115 lbs! Not only did I get to write down my own information as to wieght and height (they don't measure you at the DL office)..... but the information is 20 years outdated!
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

An igloo you shall have and because I like you I'll throw this in for free, for your inner Tiger

bronx-zoo.jpg

:great: :floorlaugh:

Of her premeditating the murder.

What's your theory? Crime of passion? Or something else?

What is the credible evidence for the alternate theory? Especially what evidence do you see as outweighing the cumulative evidence of premeditation that has been proposed by the state?

Just curious - since you seem to disagree (I could be wrong), rather than simply say what you *don't* think is credible, I'd be interested in how you describe what you *do* think is credible.

:)

They (the cheques) may have contributed to it all but really, $200-$300, you go and kill someone by stabbing almost 30 times and slashing his throat from end to end?

Sure, maybe.

moo

But didn't she owe him a lot more? I may be mistaken. And no, I don't believe it was her motive but it may have crossed her mind that it would be a benefit to him being dead.

Can all of the lies and deliberate cover-up after the murder be seen as a part of pre-meditation? Sort of as an overall plan?

Well JM goes out of his way in the afternoon cross to point out that she:

*Removed her socks so as not to spread footprints around.
*She deliberately deleted photos.
*She put the camera in the wash
*She had three gas cans that were used to fill up the car so she'd avoid any trace of being in Arizona.
*That a gun of the exact same caliber, as the one that killed Travis, was stolen from her grandparents house and never found.
*She threw away the gun and knife.
*She called his VM and left a message.
*She left a text message about wanting to know if he was going to cash a check.

So yes, that goes to pre-meditation, IMO.

He also mentions;

*That the snippet from 48 hours that contains her saying that no jury in the world would convict her concludes with; "Because I'm innocent" and therefore makes her suicide story look made up.

He never mentions this, but hopefully someone on the jury caught her slip of the tongue from the other day when he said the guy she went to see after the killing was her alibi. IIRC, she said "yes-no"

If this wasn't premeditated I'll clean my toilet with my tongue for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicbexy