jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 13TH DAY #63 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not standing up for JA at all, because her story is self-serving and doesn't ring true, but my PTSD did involve amnesia of the worst parts of the incident for a few years. I did remember bits and pieces of the whole thing, but it wasn't at all like JA said. I was drugged, so clearly that makes a difference, too.

The two worst parts of the night I didn't rememer until after years of flashbacks that made no sense. I would lose it and not know why I was losing it. For example, one thing that set me off was seeing my psychopath's face late at night after the incident (we were roommates; she set up the rape and said something to me right before it). I couldn't take looking at her face at night and had freakouts in my room alone or with my boyfriend. I thought I was going crazy.

I really could not remember what I remembered later (the two big things). My mind wouldn't let me until I was ready. It sounds silly, but it was like the last episode of MASH if anyone remembers Hawkeye's story.

So anyway, yes to amnesia, sometimes (imho, lol). No to JA's idiotic, self-serving version of it.

I don't disagree with you but I agree more with the other posters. PTSD is largely about flashbacks, a reliving. The fact that you were drugged does make a difference; it makes the experience an anomaly.

Besides, JA has no idea what "fog" means. To her it means total loss of memory. No, that's not what it means.

Let's pretend the defendant testified to the truth today, I know I know just go along with me on this for a minute. ;)

Pointing a loaded weapon at another human being, creates a plain and strong likelihood that death or grievous harm will follow.

Malice aforethought is the the deliberate intent to cause death or great bodily harm to another person before a person commits the crime. Malice aforethought is an element that must be proved in the crime of first degree murder. This description of the perpetrator's state of mind basically means that he or she had an intent to inflict injury without legal justification or excuse (legal justification included such defenses as self-defense, while excuse includes mental illness and duress).

Malice aforethought is comprised of any one of the following three elements: (1) an intent to kill; (2) an intent to inflict grievous bodily injury; or (3) an intent to act in a manner that creates a plain and strong likelihood that death or grievous harm will follow. Of these three prongs of malice, the first two prongs require a specific intent on the part of the defendant, measured subjectively, while the third prong only requires a general intent, measured both subjectively and objectively. Accordingly, malice aforethought may exist without an actual intent to kill or do grievous bodily harm, if there is proof of the "third prong" of malice. This simply means that the perpetrator knew of circumstances that a reasonably prudent person would have known created a plain and strong likelihood of death or grievous bodily harm resulting from the perpetrator's act. The law can infer malice from circumstantial evidence, such as from the intentional use of a deadly weapon.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/malice-aforethought/

Not standing up for JA at all, because her story is self-serving and doesn't ring true, but my PTSD did involve amnesia of the worst parts of the incident for a few years. I did remember bits and pieces of the whole thing, but it wasn't at all like JA said. I was drugged, so clearly that makes a difference, too.

The two worst parts of the night I didn't rememer until after years of flashbacks that made no sense. I would lose it and not know why I was losing it. For example, one thing that set me off was seeing my psychopath's face late at night after the incident (we were roommates; she set up the rape and said something to me right before it). I couldn't take looking at her face at night and had freakouts in my room alone or with my boyfriend. I thought I was going crazy.

I really could not remember what I remembered later (the two big things). My mind wouldn't let me until I was ready. It sounds silly, but it was like the last episode of MASH if anyone remembers Hawkeye's story.

So anyway, yes to amnesia, sometimes (imho, lol). No to JA's idiotic, self-serving version of it.

Very sorry you've gone through so much trauma. I just want to thank you for sharing this experience. Too many people talk about PTSD and all kinds of issues like they know everything about an impairment -- and don't.

I'm not saying I believe Jodi, either. But I know it is possible for someone to go into a trance during a fit of rage or violence. The mind has a number of weird tricks it can play.

Depending on the situation, this can happen to you, me, anyone reading this, or even Jodi. This is why it's best to listen to the testimony first, to see if all the facts fit before judging. It may or may not fit.

Personally, I believe Jodi was aware of every step she took -- and relished releasing her anger. But in general, I'm glad you set the record straight: a person CAN have amnesia as a symptom of PTSD.

Stay strong!

Can all of the lies and deliberate cover-up after the murder be seen as a part of pre-meditation? Sort of as an overall plan?

No. Why? Because all of Jodi's "coincidences" sounds like my life. Weird things happen all the time... the gas cans, hair, nails, brazilian, case of water, cell phone charger, Starbucks, car rental, basically just going with the flow. That's does not prove premeditation to me.

This is nothing personal to the family & friends and other victims. And it cannot be a personal thing for the juror.

Some things sound odd to me, hence she will get questions from the jurors now. I will have more perspective once I see her answer those.

I must say I thought it was cute when Juan thanked her for correcting him!

Are you really serious??? When was the last time you experienced a series of life's weird "coincidences" that resulted in the cold-blooded killing of another human being, by your hands? Really...

People obviously do not remember that JM still has a rebuttal case PLUS his closing argument will connect all the dots for those too lazy to put their own common sense to work.....

----------------
Hi. March 5th comes fast! I sure hope we get to see this. His close should be something else! :seeya:

The message she left for TA on his answering machine should hang her alone. It doesn't sound, in the remotest, believable that she was upset while recording it. She could have tried a hundred times and if she was really upset about killing him she couldn't have recorded that.

I know her explanation of dropping the camera is what angered him enough for her to fear for her life was stupid. When JM goes over every point of blood at the crime scene it just becomes REALLY, REALLY, REALLY STUPID.

Of her premeditating the murder.

there is (it only takes a second)

she decided to go back and get the gun from the shelf (which is a lie but regardless) instead of running down the hallway and out of the room.

the second she turned around and went to get a gun was that second that she decided.. nah.. she won't run she will just kill him

premeditation in her own words

(I however subscribe to a greater depth and breadth of premeditation)

One last comment (or two) that I'd like to make about the outlandish pedophilia comment...

Why would a heterosexual woman continue to interact/have sex with someone after she found out that he was interested in children?

There are no "pamphlets" to speak of on the subject matter apart from information to warn parents/children about it. (Anyone know otherwise, please speak up!)

She keeps saying she was waiting for him to get "help" as though he could go and speak to someone and resolve the issue. Did she read somewhere that this was a curable illness? She comes off as being quite well versed in all things sexual and she thinks that he can go and get therapy/medications and be cured?

hahahahaha.

If she gets away will this carp she will thankfully and finally became famous for being the catalyst for ENORMOUS changes in the judicial system in the United States. (If that change becomes known as TRAVIS' LAW...I believe that TA would be as happy and grateful as he might be right now knowing that somehow, somewhere, that camera captured JA's foot dragging him back into that shower stall.)

RIP

moo

Ugh. My 9 year old just walked in while I was watching tape of Juan questioning Jodi and she said, "Mom, that lawyer is really mean to Jodi." nooooooooo! Hopefully the jury doesn't react like my 9 year old, since they have like 99.9% more info!

Of her premeditating the murder.

Oh, really. Okay.

I'm a realtor and I'm trying to meet my quota for the month.

Care to purchase my bridge?

brooklyn-bridge.jpg

So now that Juan is done with his cross and Nurmi is up again, are we going to have to listen to him slow talk and back track for another 9 unbearable days? I don't think I can listen to him anymore and may just turn on my regular daytime programs until he is done.. I am however looking forward to Juan dismantle the defense witness and do his rebuttal. I am also looking forward to Juans' closing statements if we ever get that far in this lifetime.
Oh ricki
I can't imagine sitting thru nine more slow excruciating days of nurmi and his slow speech nose picking! Does he shake hands hope not
I hope nurmi doesn't drag on

Ok...
So she is psycho crazy woman and premeditates his killing because of the old "If I can't have him, no one else will".

Why didn't she just just shoot after the roommates left, cornered in the shower stall.

Why was it is so vicious?

That's a good question. Wouldn't her being "psycho crazy" help to explain the viciousness? Or do you think she took the gun, covered her tracks with the gas cans, and sent the post-murder text messages was consistent with self defense?

I don't disagree with you but I agree more with the other posters. PTSD is largely about flashbacks. The fact that you were drugged does make a difference; it makes the experience an anomaly.

Besides, JA has no idea what "fog" means. To her it means total loss of memory. No, that's not what it means.

I had PTSD (undiagnosed) for some time after being robbed at gunpoint. All of the perps, and there were about 7, wore the exact same outfit, kelly green shorts, white and green t shirts, kelly green baseball caps and tennis shoes, knee high white socks with a kelly green stripe on the top end. After that time, every time I saw someone wearing kelly green or similar color I would experience an adrenalin rush, rapid heart beat and yes, shook like a chihuahua. Also, if a person made direct eye contact with me for more than a few seconds, the same thing happened. Not sure if these were 'flash backs'. I didn't realize this was PTSD, as I don't think at the time this was an accepted problem, over 30 years ago (people just thought your were nuts!)

Yes I'm quoting myself.. I think JA's crazy maker is working me :floorlaugh: But seriously I asked about way earlier at end of court today then a little while ago... Last night there was buzz about this guy OT .... anyone know about Brian CARR guy??? He's not sitting well with me.. something idk is up with him.. I don't think they "just met because his sister was DV victim" anyone??

He has been visiting her for a couple of years. I saw him in the hall at the courthouse before he was "found out". He was talking to a couple of ladies who were waiting to get "in" to trial.

Oh yeah, another thing. Her crying just before lunch I believe was real. You could hear snotage being drawn back up the nose. However, her afternoon testimony is totally fake crying, IMO.

i think it was real crying too.. but only for herself. upon seeing the photo of her vicious handy work, she realized that this is one time she can't talk her way out of it, turn on the "charm," and that her actions were speaking louder than any lie she could possibly muster up on the spot..

she's a self-serving, selective memory offering murderer... :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member