jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 13TH DAY #63 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped...

Let me say this as an attorney: IMO, this is a case that has an incredible, exponential, onslaught of devastating evidence pointing to absolute premeditation and completely decimates the defense. And much of that evidence came straight from jodi's own mouth.

She will never walk. The best she can hope for is a hung jury and a new trial. At which time she will be found guilty.

But the only way there will be a mistrial in this case is if someone on that jury is mentally ill, or intellectually disabled, IMO.

BBM - or is posting at WS. :waitasec:

I have a question. I've never watched a trial before (and I'm obsessed with this one watching everything on youtube). I understand that the prosecution rested today. And that defense will go again Monday. Does Juan get to do it again too? Or do we only hear from him again in closing statements? TIA!!

I am so confused by what I saw this afternoon. When did Jodi become so agreeable? The little that I did hear from this morning's testimony was true to form for her. But this afternoon? I wish I could say it was all JM's doing, except Jodi is all about control...and clearly she acted as if JM had all the answers. IMPO, she would never concede that...unless, it was somehow to her advantage to do so. Leaves me wondering, what was this afternoon really about?

She didn't have a choice. Nurmi probably told her that all of her evasiveness wasn't helping her. So she went to the crying bit instead, or maybe she thought that up on her own.

Where is Jodi's father?

He's been there, but I think because of his health it's difficult for him to come.

I am still begging for someone to make me a Jodi gif and her linebacker impression. I haven't laughed so hard in weeks! I am not technically advanced in that way, unless someone can instruct me.

i wonder if jodi wrote an 18 page letter of apology to travis' family for killing him. I don't think so.
Wish JM had asked that.

i wonder if jodi wrote an 18 page letter of apology to travis' family for killing him. I don't think so.
Wish JM had asked that.

I thought the letter was to his grandmother, no?

eta: nevermind, I missed that your focus is the apology part I think, right?

I want to extend a big thank you to all the court observers, lawyers, professionals and of course fellow WS, for sharing your time, expertise, knowlege, experiences and laughter.

Goodnite and a great weekend, see y'all Monday, be/stay safe. :eek:fftobed:

I have a question. I've never watched a trial before (and I'm obsessed with this one watching everything on youtube). I understand that the prosecution rested today. And that defense will go again Monday. Does Juan get to do it again too? Or do we only hear from him again in closing statements? TIA!!

I am with you on the questions as to procedure. I don't think the Prosecution rested today they just finished their cross of Jodi. It is unbelievable but there will probably be many more witnesses. This is the defenses side of the trial. And the prosecution will be able to cross examine all the witnesses the defense puts on. And then the defense can recross. Not sure if the prosecution can question again or not. This trial could go on for many more days and maybe weeks. I sure hope not. jmo

Woke up and was thinking....why ddn't juan play the tape of JA saying that she would beg for the DP? With he most likely doing this on recross to leave as a "final request"?

Closing Argument... :rocker:

Juan was clearly trying to prove the "formed in a second" type of premeditation with all of the "thinking time" questions about the closet. So it seems that he thinks it's a big point. Which, as I think about it, is very interesting since it's the State's current theory that he was stabbed first. I guess Juan's just trying to cover all of his premeditation bases?

I hope in his closing he tells the Jury whether they decide the gunshot came first or the knifewounds it is still premeditated murder and show them how that works for either scenario.

Being a visual person, this sums it up for me!
lungeshots_zps9bffa37c.gif

Hysterical!

A couple of years ago when my New York Jets were making a playoff run, this rapper wrote an anthem for the team called "J.E.T.S (Put Your Arms Out)" to get the team and fans amped up. It was all over New York radio stations and was pretty darn funny but here's a picture of the rap "artist" apparently channeling his inner linebacker (JA style):

eGd1NjUzMTI=_o_queens-rapper-consequences-jets-rap.jpg

No, the prosecution rested their case in chief on day 9.
We are in the defense's case in chief with the defendant on the stand.
Juan ended his cross examination of the defendant.
Monday the defense will re-direct the defendant.
If anything new is brought out during the testimony, Juan can recross the defendant.
After the defense rests their case in chief, it will be the states turn at a rebuttal case. Where they can introduce evidence to rebut any testimony the defense introduced during their case in chief.

Hope this makes sense, I'm sure an attorney will explain it as well. Since I just attend Juanderful Lawyering University. ;)

No, its Travis :(
Juan asked the defendant about it today and she acknowledged it was Travis.

Interesting. That's part of the testimony that I missed (anyone have a timestamp?). I haven't ever been able to even hazard a guess about what's in that photo.

No, that's really impossible. It entered through his right temple and lodged in his cheek. Downward motion. No entry wound in the cheek. That trajectory is pretty clear.

The bullet did not enter his temple according to the ME's report. It entered his forehead just above his right eyebrow. In her demonstration she tried to show that his head was up with a leftward tilt to make it match the ME's report. When a linebacker (her description) charges, they have their head down because they are close enough to their target to know where it is without having to look up.

She failed epically in her attempt to portray his supposed charging stance. Other than the few cuts on her hand she did not receive any other injuries or bruises. He supposedly picked her up and body slammed her on a tile floor and then he charged headlong into her from a running charge causing her to fall backwards on the tile floor with him, and his added 200+ weight on top of her, yet all she got were a few cuts on her hand. Travis had numerous defensive wounds in addition to those she intentionally inflicted on his body like the 29 stab and slash wounds, slashed throat and bullet to his head. If she was in a fight for her life, like she claims, she would have many, many more injuries to her body. The only one that was in a fight for his life was Travis and sadly he lost.

gregromeus.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member