jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #68*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about this trial is in any way shape or form like the one in 2011 in Florida? How are the crimes at all similar? There needs to be a "Debbie Downer" bench for the naysayers.

I am not a nay sayer. I was referring to the leniency of the judge and the tactics of the defense. But if you prefer that I occupy a separate bench, so be it! Guess worries are not allowed on this bench.

Is it really helpful for her to show the jury evidence of her moods and her darkness? I would think it just adds to the belief that she shot him out of anger more than self defense.

Arias reads "I just wish I could die... i am of little use to the world right now through no fault of my own." bla bla boa ...

"All of my darkness is a result of my own creation..." well DUH.

This is all NEW so Juan gets to recross her on this stuff.

This stuff sounds to me like a MOTIVE for murder.
Love this!!!!!!

Who keeps pages torn out of a journal more than 5 years ago? What a crock!

Can't they refute that these pages were actually written and ripped out back then? Can't we get someone to test the date of the ink to prove she just wrote them? Please??? This is crazy!

Um, yeah. I volunteer several times a week this side of the pond helping real abuse victims because I was one. And when I came out of abuse I had to attempt to prove it to the court. Because my abuse was largely emotional, and I very closely fit the pattern of most abuse victims in 'protecting' my abuser, that was a very difficult feat.

For months now I have made specific points about why I discount Jodi's claims of abuse and it certainly is NOT because I'm lacking compassion. My compassion is kinda what laid me vulnerable to a psychopath in the first place. ;)

As such I have a reasonable understanding of how abuse works. And what would cause abuse NOT to work. Like living 1000 miles apart from the person abusing you. Or having no children with your abuser. Or living with other people. Or your abuser encouraging you to date other people. Or hundreds of accounts by acquaintances, co-workers, friends and family of Travis that discount Jodi's tale she only dreamed up in 2010? Because before that she was stating what everyone else who knew Travis was - he was a generous, funny, sweet man who truly cared about other people.

So maybe instead of us failing to display compassion it should be recognized that many, many survivors of abuse have spoken out on this board. It can be painful, traumatic, and humiliating to relive or recount some of what we've been brave enough to share....

But we've done so in hopes that people can see the similarities between our abuse and the very likely abuse of Travis - the victim of an intimate partner homicide.

I work with people who are emotionally abused also.

My heart goes out to you and others. Glad that you were able to escape your situation.

How did it go today? What were the key moments or key things to know that happened with jurors or with the testimony or with media weighing in? TIA to anyone who can answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good time for a non-Jodi photo...

picture.php

yeah, she almost got away with the perfect crime as far as I'm concerned. [nobody else agrees with me on that, tho]

LOLOL. Yeah the perfect crime. The crime where:

- you are the first name that every.single.person who knows the victim tells LE about and how you should be looked at first.
- you have a history of stalking your victim and of being obsessed with your victim.
- you leave your handprint in the victim's blood at the crime scene.
- your hair with root attached and with the victim's blood on it is at the crime scene.
- pictures of you committing the crime are left behind
- evidence that you pre-planned the murder and receipts that corroborate your pre-planning.

Just to name a few.

Perfect crime? :floorlaugh: Every criminal should be so "perfect."

Kim Peek, the real life Rainman, had an excellent vocabulary too. And he was smart in many ways, but he could not take care of himself or be self sufficient in life. Jodi's big vocabulary has nothing to do with how intelligent or bright she is. Matter of fact, I believe her behavior speaks otherwise.

Different people are smart in different ways. All I'm saying is that:

A. She has excellent vocabulary. (Although, while reading her journal, she can't spell worth a crap.)

B. If she wasn't a shell of empty, murder-filled skin and had finished school, she could have done positive things in the world.

It sure sounded like he said "defense rests... Done"
I could see him ending on she wanted to die...

Guess we will see...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

she had obsession. rather than killing herself she killked poor travis.

Just checking in but I had a question about the whole "Law of Attraction" thing as well as The Secret and Marianne Williams' books.......

Ermmm, didn't she get turned onto ALL of these by Travis? Oooo! And also the "1,000 Places" book!

She makes it sound like SHE was independently interested in these subjects, and at times, she makes it sound like SHE introduced Travis to them! :waitasec:

Am I wrong here? I mean Travis quoted Marianne on his blog and said it was one of his favorite quotes! Doesn't sound like he only "discovered" these things because of Professor Jodi. :rolleyes:

So, where have those "torn out pages" from the journal been kept all this time?

she just deleted her page

LOL!

I was just there like 5 minutes ago & read it. Folks were coming down on her & she was trying to get the "negative people" on another page (away from hers).

Guess it got too hot in the kitchen.

Can't they refute that these pages were actually written and ripped out back then? Can't we get someone to test the date of the ink to prove she just wrote them? Please??? This is crazy!

No need to test ink...they can easily either match or not the rips in the pages.

I would think that CSI would need to examine them, right?

It sure sounded like he said "defense rests... Done"
I could see him ending on she wanted to die...

Guess we will see...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I know! I need to hear it again though.

Anyone notice how JA often says: "I want, I wanted"... not I wish/ed, hope/ed, I thought... She sounds and comes across like a woman that is imposing her will upon others, controlling much?

Hope the jury is picking up on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members