jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Narcissistic psychopaths love to denigrate their victims...but they hate for others to view them in a negative light too. So Jodi can turn her defense attorney into an abuser by proxy and play up her victim status from the stand.

Nurmi didn't dream all this up. His questions are based on what Jodi has herself told her defense team and evidence she provided to them...like the recorded phone call on the stolen phone miraculously recovered in time for trial. ;)

JMO

Thank you, thank, thank you for explaining that! One of the many reasons why I love you :blowkiss:.

The contradictions just weren't making sense to me. She seems so hesitant to cut Travis to ribbons when Nurmi calls for it. I thought it might be because she has to do things on her own terms, but that doesn't explain why she keeps shooting herself in the foot when he tries to hand her her testimony.

You really put it in perspective. Thanks Brits.

See...you can tell the Arias is not a Southern girl. We do not do anal. We do not do blood...or say "Hot" about anything but the humid weather. And we never sweat. We don't do shackles well either.

Also, "ravish" is what we say when its supper time and supper is not ready. "Y'all, I'm ravished...where are those dang cookies? Or a cream pie?! I need something to hold me over!"

I have to wonder about all this discussion of their hours long sex romps that on June 4th, according to JA, they wake up at 1:30pm and they cram rolling out and cutting rope, making wrist loops, tying JA up to a sleigh bed, oral and anal sex all into under 15 minutes. Because it looked like if it even happened,Travis was done by about 1:44pm. Even that part of her story doesn't fit into the time allotment given.

MOO

YUP. He said her second version of the story was TRUe. [ :giggle:]

And apparently they were Mormon Ninjas and now Jodi is protecting her family by taking responsibility for the stabbing. :waitasec:

Sorry, this guy is utterly, totally full of BS.

I hear ya, but saying it was difficult for him to turn down sex with a woman he told friends he was afraid would kill him just because he was a healthy 30-year-old guy.....eeeehhhhh.....I feel uncomfortable about that.

Because it harkens back to the days when women were blamed for their own rapes because they were wearing miniskirts or a low cut top and the rapist was "just being a guy".

NOT saying in any WAY, SHAPE, or FORM that TA was a rapist. I am just saying that argument is a slippery slope. And one that could perpetuate dangerous stereotypes for both genders.

MOO

I'm willing to bet their are PLENTY of guys having sex with willing women; those who they otherwise aren't the LEAST bit interested in spending a lifetime with. My former husband said terrible things about a woman he said he couldn't stand ~ I found out after I married him & was pregnant that SHE TOO was pregnant by him, and due 6 months before I was.. so, yeah, guys have sex with women who are willing to get freaky, even if they say they're not into them. That said, I don't see it as a slippery slope to connect this to rape - in fact it seems a pretty big leap to me. I say this respectfully, and in deference to your thoughts.

Um. Even the emus are saner than a few of us. I've got NO problem admitting it...

They still taste good though. :biggrin:

You need better stealth training.
animated-smileys-brutal-violent-301.gif

Well, I do think Travis found it very difficult to permanently sever ties with the always willing & perpetually horny Jodi. Let's face it, he's a 30 year old man in the prime of his life, somewhat lonely as it pertained to meaningful relationships with women, and she was the only single woman he was aware of that seemed incapable of saying no to sex, primarily to him! The rest were mormon girls raised with a commitment of abstinence until marriage! (I have many mormons in my family, this is an absolute in mormon culture.)
As much as he wanted to move on from Jodi, it was difficult for a healthy 30 y/0 man to turn down the always naked & ready-2-go Jodi, with her KY in hand and rear end turned up. That may be disgusting for most of us, but it's a bit different for a 30 year old guy that ain't gettin' it anywhere else. Just mho.

I gotta say, though, I am pretty sure I would have the self-control to resist a man whom I suspected to be a crazy stalker even were he to shake his wanger at me with a bottle of lube in each hand. Ya know. Using those masculine wiles.

I'm just funny that way.

Funny! Been there done that first hand! I will never be "roped in" again...

LOL

ETA - Once you've seen the number, you know it.

: )
It seems so black and white to me too, Pink. There's not much up for debate inside my own head. ;)

My only real curiosity is the make and model of her psychopathy simply for curiosity's sake.

I gotta say, though, I am pretty sure I would have the self-control to resist a man whom I suspected to be a crazy stalker even were he to shake his wanger at me with a bottle of lube in each hand. Ya know. Using those masculine wiles.

I'm just funny that way.

OK...you can join our club because you just made me laugh out loud! BTW, I totally agree!

And I venture to guess flip through the first pages of most religious texts and there are lots of fire things and stones and fish and ocean walking.

Poor Mormons.. taking a beating on this.. But alas, most know its silly.

But didn't Carr contradict his entire premise within the same minute? I was listening while straightening some stuff up, but I think I caught him speaking of the "Blood of Atonement" or something like that... describing sacrifice, slitting the throat... and saying :furious: "Those Mormons are like that" or something equally offensive... and saying JA was nothing like that (not sure which he said first).

Does this guy not know how Travis was murdered?

By the way - I am not LDS, nor do I belong to any particular formal religion, but I do have my own belief and spirituality/faith, not that it matters.

I deeply respect everyone's right to freely practice the religion of their choosing, and when anyone attacks or negatively stereotypes any religion it really frosts me. I think a person's faith - the faith itself deserves to exist with dignity. If one finds it weird or inferior... then they have the right to keep their bloody mouths shut and move along.

I am fascinated by and often study religion - different religions - the history and politics of (pick a religion) - the Bible (Bible Gateway is a fantastic site!).

Oh and I don't say exclamations like "Oh my God!" Because it doesn't sit well with me. I don't use the Lord's name in vain, even if I question who He is, exactly, and whether I believe Him - or even IN Him, sometimes. It's just a quirk. Besides, any day I get to use the word "dog" is better than a day without it. :)

Oops - Should have found a 'Tangent Alert' Smilie... oh well.

I'm telling y'all now that the jury will NOT give her the death penalty. So put me down for that...

After the other witnesses, I will decide about the rest....

I go back and forth on whether or not I think she'll get the DP. I'm leaning more towards yes than no at the moment though. IMO her claim of self defense doesn't add up and she will be convicted. She has not convinced me, even if her story is true, that she feared for her life to the level that she would be justified doing what she did. The evidence of premeditation far outweighs her unbelievable story IMO. There are way too many "coincidences" for me to buy her stories.

I don't doubt that some of her stories of abuse have some seed of truth in them, but they don't equal a battered woman. I don't believe her pedo story or the finger breaking AT ALL. I think her story of him shaking her and telling her he's sick of her is probably true, for example. I think they both fed off of each other and were equally responsible for the toxic relationship continuing. I think they both wanted out, but didn't at the same time. I've been in a similar situation, so I understand that side of it.

I always wonder if any of this would be in question if Travis were the one on the stand and Jodi had been the one brutally murdered. Hmmm... I doubt it! Would anyone feel like JM was too harsh towards him? She doesn't get my sympathy just because she's a woman who talks softly.

That last part is not directed towards your comment, of course, just something I was thinking. :seeya:

See...you can tell the Arias is not a Southern girl. We do not do anal. We do not do blood...or say "Hot" about anything but the humid weather. And we never sweat. We don't do shackles well either.

Also, "ravish" is what we say when its supper time and supper is not ready. "Y'all, I'm ravished...where are those dang cookies? Or a cream pie?! I need something to hold me over!"

Easy there, Shef..speak for yourself my friend...:) Here in Florida, we say hot, we may or may not have been shackled a time or two, and we definitely sweat. No comment on the anal. :blushing:

Frayed...I think you are sane. As long as you agree with me about everything, you can join. :D

MUAH! :lol:

I'm a total nut job. :floorlaugh:

But it's only because I'm a mom. They suck your brainular area dry, they do. Those little people.

What were we talking about?

Emus?

Jodi hedges on her height and that wilmott character hedges on her height...hmmm. Now, look at the chairs where they sit (thanks to tv pointing it out). Jodi sits 5 inches shorter than her short attorney.

Just like with casey, they want her to look like a child...deja vu..ala fca....unable to battle the huge travis, who stood all of 5'9".

What a game with these attorneys and their props. The more the jurors see the defendent, the less likely they will want to find her guilty. That was the reason the defense in casey's case moved the table..put it directly in front of the jury. Of course, this move also elimiated the prosecutor from showing hugh photos of the crime.

Then we have the media who will help them. We will now have photo ops of the two girls together making them appear sisterly. These shennaghins are wrong. This whole country has gone mad!

Jean C said on NG tonight that she watched JA lower the chair with the lever today I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member