jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
listening more to yesterday after lunch.....JA removes pages from the journal about suicide, and John D weekend.....TA removes pages from journal of negative things written about him.....gmafb!!!

Originally Posted by G&AMom
I read an article last year that said the practice of anal sex is on the rise. The theory is that men are becoming more interested in and more practiced at satisfying women, and that when a woman is really enjoying sex she may be willing to try more things.
One word: *advertiser censored*.

Schuby - This is what I think too. Too many young people today grew up watching *advertiser censored*.
Thus they think anal sex is some hip and cool thing to do.
And if they do, more power to them. Not everyone likes it.....but whatever consenting adults do that isn't illegal isn't my business.

Good morning everyone! I tried to finish watching the testimony from yesterday but I just can't stomach that woman.

It's absolutely amazing to me that everything in the world that "happened" to JA was a direct result of what TA did and he deserved to die because of it.

At this point, I don't care if the jury recommends the DP or not, LWOP would be just fine for me. Then JA can go back to her cell, order up some Advil, get one of those nifty razors (HA!) they give out at the jail, and kill herself correctly this time. Yeah, Jodi, it's going to sting a little. Cowboy up, little darlin, cowboy up!

I want whatever will leave her in a cell alone, without any attention, for a long, long time. She will go even more nuts with just herself to talk to.

Same here. JA's so toxic, just a short stint of her now makes me feel the need to go out and draw in a good, long, deep breath of cool, clean air.

I also am sick of this attorney who sounds like he's taken an overdose of Benzodiazapines, and his so obvious over-rehearsed lying automaton. I really can't believe he's dragging out the re-direct like this. Imo, it only emphasizes how calculating, insincere, and unbelievable JA is. Maybe the saving grace will be that the jury will find this performance as distasteful, and JA as revolting as I do.

He could at least share his benzos with the rest of the class.....geez. It would sure help the jury, and those of us at home. :banghead:

Say, this is my first day at home during the trial that I have considered live feed over IS. Would I fare better on my laptop PC or my ipad? Any suggestions on the best links, also? I figured you seasoned voyeurs could help a Knot out. TIA

Hi Everyone!!

Long (loooooooong) time lurker, first time poster here! I wanted to write this quickly before the day in court starts and things get hectic here! I've been reading Websleuths for a very long time and you guys are truly a group of the most caring, astute, intelligent, welcoming and kind posters I've come across while perusing message boards of this nature. My husband deployed to Afghanistan last week and I figured since I now have a lot of extra time on my hands, this would be a good time to join in here! I've sincerely enjoyed reading all of your posts over the years and especially during the Casey Anthony debacle :)banghead:) and now in the search for justice for Travis. Your intelligent posts have made me think about things I may not have thought of before, seen new things I didn't notice before & of course, a lot of them have made me laugh too!!

So thank you for all of those things and I look forward to joining the group here! :seeya:

Oh Madeleine, I do know that. But to give an example, I don't understand the replaying of the sex phone tape yesterday. The jury had already heard the whole tape, Nurmi had had plenty of time on direct to bring out all the points he wanted to, and yet he got to go over it all again with the stuff spelled out on screen? I find that confusing. Does that mean he will call his DV expert, JM will cross and then Nurmi will go over it all again a second time? If he was bringing out points that hadn't been made I could understand it. I'm not seeing where there would be grounds for appeal if he doesn't get to bludgeon everyone over the head multiple times.

Oh I was all over my notes yesterday with outrage over that redacted biased misleading theatrical presentation.

Even Nurmi in his questioning was making assumptions that certain comments were related to things they were NOT (like the 2-3 hour sessions). Everything was out of context and jumbled.

Do I think it's fair this got to come in? HE** NO. Do I think it's one of a gazillion examples where the worst of the worst in our culture get so much leeway and lenience and special consideration when it comes to the DP? YES.

Judges go overboard to avoid appellate issues and I think this was one example but I don't agree with her decision AT ALL. But the jury as I understand it will not be able to view this back during deliberations. This was for demonstrative purposes (ie manipulation and theatrics). They will get the tape in it's entirety.

It was one of many Hail Marys here and even with that, it won't make a difference in the verdict I see coming. Guilty with a sentence of death on the side. To go.

I didn't get to catch most of yesterday, except the Judge's decision about the defense's av presentation during my lunch. IMO, it was a total error to allow in that cut and paste infomercial. It would not have been grounds for an appeal because the tape (in it's entirety and in context) had already been admitted. Was there any other defense tricks in the pm?

Also, does anyone know whether there is anyone else other than the shrink, the DV expert and MM on defense witness list?

Hi Everyone!!

Long (loooooooong) time lurker, first time poster here! I wanted to write this quickly before the day in court starts and things get hectic here! I've been reading Websleuths for a very long time and you guys are truly a group of the most caring, astute, intelligent, welcoming and kind posters I've come across while perusing message boards of this nature. My husband deployed to Afghanistan last week and I figured since I now have a lot of extra time on my hands, this would be a good time to join in here! I've sincerely enjoyed reading all of your posts over the years and especially during the Casey Anthony debacle :)banghead:) and now in the search for justice for Travis. Your intelligent posts have made me think about things I may not have thought of before, seen new things I didn't notice before & of course, a lot of them have made me laugh too!!

So thank you for all of those things and I look forward to joining the group here! :seeya:

Glad you're here. Hope your husband comes home safe.

Hi Everyone!!

:greetings: :welcome6:

Hi Everyone!!

:welcome4:

Welcome AnArmyWife_98!! :)

Hi Everyone!!

:welcome4:

Today I start work. I'm not complaining but I'm gonna be dying not knowing what's going on... Give her heck for me y'all!! See you tonight!

Just saw attorney discussing this case (Lis Wiehl) and it is her expectation that this case will go to jury this week. Can this be possible? I expect Nurmi to continue with this re-direct for at least a day to two...no?

Hi Everyone!!

Welcome and please thank your husband for us for all he is doing!

That's exactly what Jeff Gold said in court yesetrday (to me). He thought the "rape" comment blasted all over that screen would qualify as well for recross. Please let this torture end on a Juan note.

That "best of" audio was meant to offend jurors and there was no other reason to play it. There was no need to go over it statement by statement and ask JA how she felt. There was no need to have the offending words such as "rape" in big letters on the screen. Jurors already heard it. No need to rehash it, especially in such a way.

I really hope the jury is smart enough to figure that out and their only reaction is one collective eye roll for this stunt. Because that is all it was...a low down dirty stunt.

Love that pic - thanks. Willmott doesn't look thrilled to have her arm around Arias - dang, the things ya gotta do for your job. lol

Willmott really did look thrilled. She smiled such a big smile as though this trial were some Shakespearean drama. Maybe the autopsy photos will bring her back to reality?

I think the sex tape is ridiculous. I mean it proves nothing in my opinion except that Jodi felt a need to tape Travis for what ever reason and she played dumb. I think it is not uncommon to have dirty sex talk with your partner..I mean give me a break we all have done this right? Well at least a lot of people I know have done this, and quite frankly I have heard a lot worse and known people who were a lot more kinky than this, so I don't get it. I see no abuse. It seems to me that Jodi likes everyone knowing that her and Travis Had a sexual relationship that was hot and kinky..like she feels she has to brag about it or something. This is also why I feel that she wanted to have sex with him before she killed him because somewhere in her sick mind it made her feel good knowing that she was the Last woman who ever had sex with him and that he died afterwards in his sexual sin. JMO... Very evil sick woman.

I think Nurmi is beyond being just a bad lawyer. I think he is frankly an incompetent lawyer. My hunch is he finished in the bottom third of his law school class in Laramie Wyoming.

He is challenged in formulating coherent English sentences. He is unable to speak fluently.
His strategy in this trial has been an unmitigated disaster. His tics and mannerisms are repugnant.
His reasoning for objections are mechanical. His method for direct examination is stiff, unimaginative, and dreadfully boring. Although Nurmi cannot fix this problem because it is not “his fault” BUT
Nurmi does NOT have the appearance of a confident winning lawyer. He is overweight, plodding, slow witted, and extraordinarily homely. He honestly does NOT belong in the court room. He is better suited to sit in an office and answer phones.

Yesterday I posted the old joke: What do they call the guy that graduated last in medical school? Doctor.

Here's the guy who graduated last in law school.

ETA: I don't think his looks, and even his demeanor, would be a problem if he had a crackerjack legal mind like Juan Martinez. I think we'd all be so spellbound we wouldn't notice it.

RE: Travis sitting in shower pic.

I have seen a few posts how people "don't sit in showers"...well that is the way I shower about 99.99% of the time. It's more comfortable and relaxing to me then standing. the other .01% is usually when my DH is in there with me:blushing: or if i just am doing a quick rinse off...so yes, people do sit in the shower:twocents:

I have been saying that for a long time..... but to some people this is strange and NO ONE would EVER do that unless they had a gun or a knife on them.... :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics