jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to see if I changed my avatar pic correctly.....

:)

ETA: Well I don't think it is centered correctly (or something like that lol) but it will work :)

rswhfb.jpg

Can anyone do a side by side with the real pose? tia

I bartended a lot when I was younger. I don't remember being informed of any policies at all regarding workplace injury. Probably varies a great deal from place to place.

That's what I was wondering. We didn't really spell out our policy until someone got injured, then I was the one responsible for reporting it to the ins. company. But those claims can be expensive and I can see a business not wanting someone to file a claim unless it seemed really serious. I was guessing that it probably varied from place to place, but wasn't sure.

I find the judge's behavior something of a puzzle. Maybe she's letting Nurmi bring in so much because she sees it's all ludicrous and knows the jury won't buy it. :please:

KatieCoolady and others have explained this about a dozen times at least.

Because this is a DP case and there are so many appeals done on DP cases, the judge wants to minimize, to the extent possible, the defense claims of anything that could be considered appeal-able or unfair. By making sure the defense has latitude to present as much as they can, the judge minimizes future claims that might reverse a conviction.

I don't see a thread for discussion of this case by talking heads but I just read the transcript from Nancy Grace last night and it was reported that Ms. Arias' little brother is posting some interesting things on his facebook page. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is real.

The link to the transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/04/ng.01.html

The discussion is near the bottom or end of the show. Anyone actually seen this stuff on his page ? Interesting if he is doing so.
A few weeks ago I saw his answer to someone that asked him about the phone sex recording (not sure if it's still there) and yesterday I saw the poem (scripture). His Facebook page is public so you can look for yourself.

I think this is another classic example of JA projecting onto Travis something she did herself. She read his journals, so she claims he read hers.

One of her "What would Travis do?" moments.

I think she is "beyond" anything I have ever seen. And I have sisters and both of my parents have died, so all we have is each other. I really hurt for all of them that this "thing" entered their lives and took something so precious to them.

Not sure about the other poster, but I'm struggling with hearing Nurmi talk about anal, and well......ouch!.... But that's me, personally.

if that's what the OP meant, i get it. i find him very hard to listen to on ANY topic. this one is particularly creepy, i agree.

Not sure about the other poster, but I'm struggling with hearing Nurmi talk about anal, and well......ouch!.... But that's me, personally.

Hearing Nurmi talk about anything...anal, flowers, stock market, fashion....whatever...is rather painful to me lol

Because this is a DP case and there are so many appeals done on DP cases, the judge wants to minimize, to the extent possible, the defense claims of anything that could be considered appeal-able or unfair. By making sure the defense has latitude to present as much as they can, the judge minimizes future claims that might reverse a conviction.

I bet she also knows Juan Martinez' abilities to blast it all out of the water!

Sorry to be off the subject of the thread. I know for sure, I read somewhere in the court minutes that there was a motion by the state to preclude evidence of Travis's past sex life.
I was reading through them all last night, and found a bunch of interesting stuff, but couldn't find that motion.
Anyone have that date off the top of your head????
If I knew how to use those icons, I would insert that praying smiley face here. lol

did anyone else catch it yesterday when she was talking about the "splint" that TA so gently put on her broken finger....she then goes on to say that she went home took it OFF and cried some......

Yes, and then later, he made her another one. Amazing how now that her attorney is questioning her, she can remember every date, every detail, every popsicle stick. :what:

Yep. She will just try to ramble on and on and make up more lies to make herself seem believable. We have all seen she will lie. Why ask a liar a question when you know you won't get the truth? I am scared of the questions, too. But the jurors may be so on to her that they set her up with the questions. Fingers crossed!

I would like a basic question like 'how is it possible you remember everything, except what the DA asks you?'

Yep. She will just try to ramble on and on and make up more lies to make herself seem believable. We have all seen she will lie. Why ask a liar a question when you know you won't get the truth? I am scared of the questions, too. But the jurors may be so on to her that they set her up with the questions. Fingers crossed!

Since the judge will be the one to pose the actual question, I'm hoping she will know when to cut her off. I'll bet Nurmi is going to have some problems with the questions, though. I'll bet there's some he doesn't want asked.

A few weeks ago I saw his answer to someone that asked him about the phone sex recording (not sure if it's still there) and yesterday I saw the poem (scripture). His Facebook page is public so you can look for yourself.

Thanks - I don't take a lot of stock in the talkers but if you saw it on his page, that's good enough for me. I tend to agree with his posted reason for the recording. I doubt Travis knew anything about it at all, we can call it what it was "blackmail". Thanks again :)

I just to wanted to share ..getsmart has embraced smart tevhnology ..i am loving to be able to to read WS..and i found a site wild about trial amd its free u just register and u can dowld app to see trial live ect

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Yesterday I couldn't any of the sites to work on my tablet, I'll try this - Thanks!

Oh Madeleine, I do know that. But to give an example, I don't understand the replaying of the sex phone tape yesterday. The jury had already heard the whole tape, Nurmi had had plenty of time on direct to bring out all the points he wanted to, and yet he got to go over it all again with the stuff spelled out on screen? I find that confusing. Does that mean he will call his DV expert, JM will cross and then Nurmi will go over it all again a second time? If he was bringing out points that hadn't been made I could understand it. I'm not seeing where there would be grounds for appeal if he doesn't get to bludgeon everyone over the head multiple times.

Good morning, Katiecoolday thanks so much for your courtroom updates, always interesting, also the support you supply to family is very much appreciated!

yesterday their was some discussion on this board about TA going to his bishop,
I found this written transcript from Wenwe4 on 2-13-2013 on timeline found it interesting
this is when JA is on stand with the defense:

When you went in March 2008 . . . . history of the church sites . . . did TA ever encourage you to end friendships with women
yes

he didn't like my friend Rachel . . . one of the only close friends I had in the church . . she went to my same branch in the ward @ my church . . . . in Palm Desert . . .

why did he want you to end friendship with Rachel?
he became hostile anytime she came into our conversations . . . . after she and I had conversation about him and need to go to the bishop

Repent - go thru own repentance process . . . . sins more aggregious - go to Bishop so he can guide you back to the straight and narrow . . .

conversation with rachel related to sexual sin
yes
same conversation where you told her you were having oral sex
yes
Did TA want you to go to the Bishop with this information?
no

TA didn't want you to have a friendship with Rachel because she encouraged you to go to the Bishop
he was hostile about her - I don't know the reason

also later said I found out that if I go to my bishop he could tell his bishop.

Wonder if she told her bishop all the lies and this is the reason TA was so mad at her on 5/26 and why he went to his bishop to explain....

I'm still trying to get caught up so apologies if my answer is redundant...

It can be really difficult to differentiate between disorders because they so often involve comorbidity. Very few people with personality disorders only have one. Not every borderline you meet is also a psychopath but some psychopaths have BPD, NPD, APD, HPD, DPD, etc.

Borderlines are very dependent on their targets. Narcissists are very protective of the self-image they've created. Psychopaths are very controlling of the reality they engineer.

As a general rule I'd say that psychopaths and cluster B's all struggle with rejection but for wholly different reasons. Borderlines feel their target is their lifeline. Narcissists drain their targets for supply to their ego (they're often very appropriately termed emotional vampires). Psychopaths use their targets to gain what they want.

At the heart of psychopathy and cluster B disorders though is control. The main tactic of disordereds to gain and maintain control is through psychological manipulation and abuse.

Just like in an abusive relationship (because not every abuser is also disordered though most disordereds are by nature abusive) a target leaving the relationship removes control from the disordered. Just like an abuser, a disordered personality will often amp up their manipulators and abusive tactics in order to hold onto the relationship and, most importantly, what they gain from it.

Have I told you, Brits, how much I appreciate your experienced input??
You are using what happened to you for the education of others - thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee