jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed something in trial yesterday, I just happened to have it on TV right now (In Session). Are the journal entries that Jodi is reading from the pages that were torn out before Travis' death? Wow, how self serving she still had these pages after so long. Is there proof that these excerpts are actually from the original or made up over the weekend?

I do think the jury should consider what Jodi claimed to Flores as far as what really happened to her finger and that she cut it on the knife. Especially since Flores told her that he has seen that type injury before when an assailant stabs someone and the blood makes their hand slide onto the knife. Plus Mr. Burns when describing her bandaged fingers raised his left hand slightly and then put the ring finger plus the pinkie up in the air as if he were remembering seeing her hand. Not a voluntary movement on his part. Pretty much as if he was visualizing it in his head and just indicated with his left hand where she was injured.

Does it make sense Jodi would document such a small injury to her finger from cutting it on a glass and not document a broken finger which she claims directly affects her ability to draw. No mention at all and she would not have to say anything about Travis, just look at my broken finger. jmo

One of the many bizarre yet sensical in her sociopathic mind, things to come out of her mouth. Why take a photo of a WORK injury to send to your friends to entertain them with? And not document a broken finger in a non existent popcicle splint?

And you're right the Flores interview is HUGE with this..she displays her finger right there for him to look, feel, squeeze (blech). Along with her tale of ninjas cutting it. Now how will she find a way to blame that lie on Travis? Unless he was there smashing that "margarita" glass somehow?

I'm just so over this <modsnip>.

By her own account, she changed her story to fit the evidence found - as she understood it. I think that's why the defense fought so strongly to have the death penalty dropped when it was brought out at trial that the shot was very likely last, not first. She based her story on that information, even though it was not correct.

She continues to evolve the story to fit the evidence, as we saw yesterday:

=JM brings up her journal, and lo and behold! - missing journal pages are found- and just happen to be ones that she needed, what are the chances?
=She has multiple finger injury stories, and Viola! - pictures of a right hand appear (even though her left hand print and her blood was mixed with the victim's).
-She recorded a sex call, says she had permission to record, was forced to play it in it's entirety - but it's essential to defense that the Jodi-edit version be played on re-direct -along with Jodi-captions (many of the words were difficult to hear, almost unintelligible - but she knows what was meant, and can interpret - and capitalize).
=She was afraid of the victim to the point of quivering, but moved to his town when they weren't even 'courting', borrowed money, cars, and kept her personal belongings with him - but felt safe to pop in, let herself in any time, even took an impromptu trip thousands of miles away to 'drop in' . Who'd expect that?
-She told police, (and everyone else) that Travis didn't have a gun....but knew he had a gun, exactly where he kept it, that it would not have been moved in over a year, was loaded, and how the safety worked.
- and - Eureka! Her Grandpa had just that type of weapon stolen (along with $30 and a dvd player - but not his many the other weapons)! Crafty thieves!
-She had to go back to Daryl's to drop off a dvd remote that he had left in her car- for some inexplicable reason, that she didn't remember until JM mentioned she returned to Daryl's..... Because, you know, he carries a dvd remote around, and in her car!
-She felt comfortable enough be tied up by this scary, violent person knowing he had a loaded gun in the closet - not to mention the knife nearby while she was 'tied up'... (because it was probably much easier to use a big kitchen knife to cut the yards decorator rope he kept on hand, to tie her up, even though he didn't know she'd be stopping by) Why would he use something like, oh....scissors?!

Really, an amazing set of circumstances. What are the odds?

None of the "new' evidence should have been allowed, the victim can't dispute what only Jodi says she saw and heard, and what conveniently speaks to her 'state of mind', not the 'truth of the matter'.
I only hope that the admission of this stuff allows JM to re-cross, and that she completely lost any juror with a remaining shred of doubt by implying they're stupid.

As a DV victim, myself - and as a woman in general - I find much of what she says offensive (and I was sympathetic initially, thought it plausible). The more she says, the less is believable.

I wonder how much longer Nurmi plans on keeping her on the stand. It was so bad today that I actually enjoyed my dentist visit more than watching them. I just want to hear the jurors questions.

I fear the jury questions more than I fear having to suffer through another day of Nurmi and JA.

I have voiced my concerns before.
What could the jury ask JA that would yield 1) truth 2) insight 3) understanding of time and or motive 4) depiction of events 5) clarification of confusion?
We all know that JA will provide an answer to any question that will be self-serving, self-justifying ,mendacious, and probably misleading.

Any question that is open ended, for example, those that begin with “why” “when” “where” “who” “how” “what” will result in a lie or “I don’t know” or “I don’t remember”.
I have followed this trial very closely and am familiar with the defense case specifics. I cannot think of ONE question I would put to Jodi Arias when she is on the stand. That is, I cannot think of ONE question for Jodi Arias whose answer would be useful or enlightening.

neesaki:
I just watched the clip of the Adriano case that DAWN TREADER posted, and transcribed a quote from JM that'll give you (and all of us!) some hope and optimism covered in warm fuzzies:

"I think that the only thing that can
be taken from this case is that
justice was served,
and that THAT justice is reserved for
the family of Joseph Adriano."
- - - - - - - -Juan Martinez​

Thank you for that paperwing. I'm trying to be optimistic, and this helps. Thank God for Juan Martinez.

I know the State has their own expert witness- I do not know if she saw Jodi firsthand. Her name is Dr. Janeen Demarte and in the first week of Feb she reported that her home had been burglarized and someone stole her laptop containing a detailed psychological profile she did on Jodi.

Sounds like something Jodi's uber-fan might have tried to pull off
. Given the crazy crap he's been spouting off on NG, he's now my #1 suspect.

bbm

I think she has something, whether made up or not, on each of her former boyfriends that she threaten them with if they don't see things her way.

I think she said he helped her pay for some moving expenses but I'm not positive on that

and the only evidence of this is from the mouth of jodi arias, i presume. in that case, i'll throw it in the pile of BS that's already about 10 feet deep.

Honey, I have moved over into grandmotherhood. If you think little people suck your brainular area, watch what happens when they grow up!
I can only think of one solution:
Witness Protection Program!
Get in it once they turn 18 and don't look back....

I once threatened to start a group called MOPS: Mothers of Parasitic Spawn!

I believe the word is RAVAGE

Ravage:
transitive verb: to wreak havoc on : affect destructively <a land ravaged by war>
intransitive verb: to commit destructive actions

There's also this:
rav·ish
/&#712;raviSH/
Verb

Seize and carry off (someone) by force.
(of a man) Force (a woman or girl) to have sexual intercourse against her will.

Synonyms
violate - enrapture - abduct - enchant - bewitch

I've been having the same problem and thought it was my puter too. But now I think, as someone else said, it has more to do with site getting overloaded with people. I also keep getting kicked off and it takes forever to get back on.

I definitely have problems when a lot of people are on, but I have some problems when there are relatively few people here, like now. I just tried to "thank" your post and it failed. Will have to refresh the page again.

she says "In the past, Travis made me tear out some negative things I had written about him"

She's not claiming guilty but mentally ill. Can JM have her examined if she's not claiming insanity? Is hyper-literal a mental defect? Nurmi tried to make a joke about it, yesterday. JM got the "joke" stricken from the record.

I wonder if this judge has ever presided over a DP case before?

Yea- personality disordered and then some. I thought I understood this was Judge Stephens first DP.

Please please let Juan get another crack at JA since there was new evidence yesterday.

--I want him to ask her if she reported her work related cut to her supervisor and/or filled out a workplace injury form.
--I want him to ask to see an x-ray...since she has accused Travis of breaking it why can't she show us an x-ray now? She's no longer protecting him. *barf*

These kinds of questions would be easy for JA to answer.

1) I did not report the work cut to my supervisor because a) it was not severe or painful enough for me to stop work b) I handled/ treated the injury myself c) there was no injury reporting policy in place at my work.

2) There is NO x ray because I did not go to an ER or a doctor for treatment. The injury, fracture healed after 6 weeks and I was no longer bothered by the traumatized finger.

She claims that her finger was injured at work from the wire rack that the glasses were sitting on to cool. Not burned, as Jean wrongly reported. :innocent: JA said it was more of a ruffling up of the skin....looks cut to me.

She said her boss gave her a big bandaid for it and she took a pic to show her friends. ick

I hope JM talked to this boss....

what friends? other than former bed buddies, i can't see that she has any.

I fear the jury questions more than I fear having to suffer through another day of Nurmi and JA.

I have voiced my concerns before.
What could the jury ask JA that would yield 1) truth 2) insight 3) understanding of time and or motive 4) depiction of events 5) clarification of confusion?
We all know that JA will provide an answer to any question that will be self-serving, self-justifying ,mendacious, and probably misleading.

Any question that is open ended, for example, those that begin with “why” “when” “where” “who” “how” “what” will result in a lie or “I don’t know” or “I don’t remember”.
I have followed this trial very closely and am familiar with the defense case specifics. I cannot think of ONE question I would put to Jodi Arias when she is on the stand. That is, I cannot think of ONE question for Jodi Arias whose answer would be useful or enlightening.

I don't. I'm looking forward to them. I think they will give us some insight as to what the jurors are thinking. :twocents:

By her own account, she changed her story to fit the evidence found - as she understood it. I think that's why the defense fought so strongly to have the death penalty dropped when it was brought out at trial that the shot was very likely last, not first. She based her story on that information, even though it was not correct.

She continues to evolve the story to fit the evidence, as we saw yesterday:

=JM brings up her journal, and lo and behold! - missing journal pages are found- and just happen to be ones that she needed, what are the chances?
=She has multiple finger injury stories, and Viola! - pictures of a right hand appear (even though her left hand print and her blood was mixed with the victim's).
-She recorded a sex call, says she had permission to record, was forced to play it in it's entirety - but it's essential to defense that the Jodi-edit version be played on re-direct -along with Jodi-captions (many of the words were difficult to hear, almost unintelligible - but she knows what was meant, and can interpret - and capitalize).
=She was afraid of the victim to the point of quivering, but moved to his town when they weren't even 'courting', borrowed money, cars, and kept her personal belongings with him - but felt safe to pop in, let herself in any time, even took an impromptu trip thousands of miles away to 'drop in' . Who'd expect that?
-She told police, (and everyone else) that Travis didn't have a gun....but knew he had a gun, exactly where he kept it, that it would not have been moved in over a year, was loaded, and how the safety worked.
- and - Eureka! Her Grandpa had just that type of weapon stolen (along with $30 and a dvd player - but not his many the other weapons)! Crafty thieves!
-She had to go back to Daryl's to drop off a dvd remote that he had left in her car- for some inexplicable reason, that she didn't remember until JM mentioned she returned to Daryl's..... Because, you know, he carries a dvd remote around, and in her car!
-She felt comfortable enough be tied up by this scary, violent person knowing he had a loaded gun in the closet - not to mention the knife nearby while she was 'tied up'... (because it was probably much easier to use a big kitchen knife to cut the yards decorator rope he kept on hand, to tie her up, even though he didn't know she'd be stopping by) Why would he use something like, oh....scissors?!

Really, an amazing set of circumstances. What are the odds?

None of the "new' evidence should have been allowed, the victim can't dispute what only Jodi says she saw and heard, and what conveniently speaks to her 'state of mind', not the 'truth of the matter'.
I only hope that the admission of this stuff allows JM to re-cross, and that she completely lost any juror with a remaining shred of doubt by implying they're stupid.

As a DV victim, myself - and as a woman in general - I find much of what she says offensive (and I was sympathetic initially, thought it plausible). The more she says, the less is believable.

:applause: :goodpost: :websleuther:

she says "In the past, Travis made me tear out some negative things I had written about him"

I think this is another classic example of JA projecting onto Travis something she did herself. She read his journals, so she claims he read hers.

I just to wanted to share ..getsmart has embraced smart tevhnology ..i am loving to be able to to read WS..and i found a site wild about trial amd its free u just register and u can dowld app to see trial live ect

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see a thread for discussion of this case by talking heads but I just read the transcript from Nancy Grace last night and it was reported that Ms. Arias' little brother is posting some interesting things on his facebook page. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is real.

The link to the transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/04/ng.01.html

The discussion is near the bottom or end of the show. Anyone actually seen this stuff on his page ? Interesting if he is doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weskerwife