jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is criticizing Nurmi and his defense tactics but I'm a little concerned that he might be as dumb as we all thought Bozo (Baez) was. Who would have thought that Baez could get Casey an acquittal? Certainly not me. But he did!

I disagree Baez didnt get her acquitted
A jury that refused to do their job
Asked no question didnt go over evidence. Their only interest was what resteraunt s judge perry hooked up for them along with movies and entertainment. One juror I think the Forman had a cruise scheduled for the next day! And would loose his money if he didnt go! So in a very short time they gave us the acquittal verdict! And headed back to the sticks!

Jodi is incapable of love. She has no close attachments to anyone...she exists only for her own gratification. She wanted Travis because in her mind that would elevate her status. He was easy to manipulate. I think she felt she had hit gold when she discovered the Mormon community. She used sex her entire life to get what she wanted from the men in her life.

News flash....men ( and women) have sex with people they really don't care about all the time.

Before her "loves" body was cold Jodi was on the way to kiss on Ryan, tossing out murder weapons and clothing along the way :banghead:

[quotel] lol Mr Pizza and I watching JVM when they replay, "You make my brain scramble".

His reply...: "So does the electric chair"
{unquote} (posted by Coldpizza)

:lol:

I'll answer if you promise not to throw things. :truce:

I don't find her particularly likeable, but I do feel sorry for her. She obviously has terrible self esteem. She desperately wanted Travis to want her. To the point that she was willing to let him ONLY have anal sex with her. The girl had ZERO self respect. She had no friends or family that were willing to step in and say that wasn't ok, and that it meant he just wasn't that into her.

(As an aside, anal sex is fine as part of a mature, consensual relationship, but in my opinion it should be part of a larger, more complete sex life -- including vaginal sex. Jodi didn't want to be wanted just for anal sex and oral sex. She wanted to be LOVED. She wanted romantic sex, not just sex-sex. If that makes any sense.)

Now granted, that was 100% her own fault -- she willingly participated. In my 20s, I would have too. Now that I am 40 (yikes!), if a man was only interested in anal sex and having me perform oral sex -- I'd tell him to hit the road. But I had the opportunity to learn how to be strong and have some dignity and voice what I want in a relationship. Jodi was born ****ed up. She never had a chance. And because of that -- I do feel a little empathy for her.

That said, I still totally want her to get the death penalty, because she clearly premeditated the crime and Travis did not in any way deserve what he so brutally got.

The things you think you see in Jodi simply aren't there. This isn't a girl with low self esteem looking for love in all the wrong places. That scenario could describe countless women. What separates Jodi from the others...she slaughtered a man. She planned it and feels zero remorse. She's a psychopath. She is not like other love lorn women.....she's not really even human in the true sense if the word. She has no empathy and no conscience

I don't care good Samaritan Jodi let Travis use her anus every night of the week, her slaughtering of him still wasn't self defense. IMO, the prosecution have made the case for premeditation. Even her own story of the crime has premeditation; he was naked and she was dressed. Instead of running out of the house, she ran the other way for a gun. A gun Jodi said she knew wasn't loaded. Yeah. She's really bright. I know when I'm in fear for my life the first thing I do is reach for a gun I know isn't loaded.

Any compassion I might have had for JA, ever, would have been squashed by my total fear and terror of her, once I saw what she did to TA and how she left that poor soul stuffed into the shower. That was the defining moment for me. I will never get over that view of him. She tossed him in a heap like old trash.

Based on everything we've seen from Jodi, the girl is a LIAR and a manipulator.

I can picture Travis going: "You know what? I'm freaking out over nothing! She explained it all, this girl wouldn't really harm me physically. And she's hot in bed!"

I mean, Jodi had no prior record. He probably ignored his misgivings and told himself he was blowing it all out of proportion. Who truely expects someone you've been sleeping with to actually want to murder you?

Especially on the day of the murder. We all wondered how she managed to get the upper hand that fateful day but since he had absolutely no clue she would turn into a phsycho killer after having sex with him, of course he let his guard down. Sex is like the opposite of killing. In his mind he is thinking this chick just had sex with me so surely she is not going to whip out a gun and knife and kill me would she?

Enter stage left = Jodi

I thought I'd conquered dinner by putting a roast in the slow cooker before the start of trial today. I was wrong. My roast sucks. Not as hard as Jodi, but it still sucks. :waitasec:

Don't you hate that. Sorry. Maybe you can shred it for tacos or something and it won't be so obviously bad.

I totally agree, except I think that Travis DID care for her in the beginning of their relationship. He did many nice things for her and if he was just using her for sex, I don't think he would have been as caring. I think down the road into their relationship he realize that she was not marriage material, but she was crazy and a bit of a stalker, too and his feelings about her really changed. However, he was not able to turn off his sexual feelings toward her so he kept sleeping with her. It does appear that at a time they were both sexually obsessed with one another. I think in the end he was really trying hard to let go and get away from her, but before that process could be complete - she murdered him.

There has not been one shred of believable evidence that Travis was ever physically abusive to her. Not one. We only have her word. Yeah, sure...he did not speak to her kindly and was down right mean to her at times...but this was no excuse for her to feel threatened physically. I bet she said some unkind things to him as well, but funny - she never taped those conversations. I think she killed him in a premeditated jealous rage because she realized he was letting go of her. The upcoming trip to Cancun with another woman put her over the edge.

Also, she can say he was a nice guy all she wants, but not once has she seemed remorseful for killing him. Her testimony did not ring true to me for many reasons, but one that stands out is this - I feel like a real victim of violent abuse would be saying something like "I'm sorry I killed him, but I was in fear for my life!" I don't believe we have ever heard her say she was sorry or that she was remorseful for his murder. Instead she is up on that stand day in and day out speaking out both sides of her mouth - trashing him mostly. I chose not to believe her. Nothing about her or what she says rings true.

I appreciate your post. Makes sense....

The best judge of a person's character is what they do when they believe no one is watching....

Peeping.
Slashing.
Hacking.
Shooting.
Stabbing.
Bludgeoning.
Gun tossing.

And who knows the rest of what she really did before and after the killing. It might scare us even more.
Actually God knows her actions and knows her well. But he isn't able to be subpoenaed is he?? :floorlaugh:

I have watched every day, yes, Hatfield. I might have missed an hour here or there but followed up at night online and on television.

I respect your opinion...I really do.

I think she lied to cover up what she did. And then she had to keep it up...after all, who would believe her anyway?

Perhaps she is a cold-blooded killer. The post-mortem photos certainly appear to make her that way.

But...what if she is right? What if? And I admit, its almost impossible to prove a negative.

I am just saying....hate me, if you must...if I was a juror, I could not dish out the death penalty. And I believe in it.
she had NO defensive wounds...cept the broke finger.....look what TA had....he was the one in fear for his life....trying to get away

I have watched every day, yes, Hatfield. I might have missed an hour here or there but followed up at night online and on television.

I respect your opinion...I really do.

I think she lied to cover up what she did. And then she had to keep it up...after all, who would believe her anyway?

Perhaps she is a cold-blooded killer. The post-mortem photos certainly appear to make her that way.

But...what if she is right? What if? And I admit, its almost impossible to prove a negative.

I am just saying....hate me, if you must...if I was a juror, I could not dish out the death penalty. And I believe in it.

Did you see the photographs of Travis's body and the crime scene?

I'm quite sure that this altered exhibit is in the form in which Nurmi & Willmott originally offered it to the judge (before JM objected and the Alexander family listened to the entire tape in the judge's chambers and demanded the whole thing be played instead of the edited and out-of-context prejudicial and self-serving version which the defense played today).

If I was a juror, I would find this version insulting to my intelligence.

If the jury does not find this version insulting then they have no intelligence.

But if we're looking at behaviors consistent with an abusive personality...

Jodi:
  • Moved to Mesa after their relationship ended - pursuit in a very classical sense.
  • Slashed the tires on his car - damage to personal property.
  • Sent a 'warning' email to a prospective girlfriend.
  • Snooped through his text messages.
  • Stalked him repeatedly.
  • In my opinion, very likely cyber stalked him.
  • Consistently violated boundaries of personal privacy.
  • Snooped through his online accounts.
  • Knew his ATM pin # and garage access code.
  • Dismissed his voiced concerns over them having sex.
  • Showed evidence of high manipulation through their phone recording.
  • Isolated Travis in the not so classical sense that because of their sex life, Travis would have been unable to confide the reality of their relationship to many.
  • Threatened suicide as emotional blackmail.

EXCELLENT post! But how much of what you've listed was allowed by the Judge and is up for review by the jury? I believe the tire slashing wasn't allowed. The scary thing in any trial is that the jury doesn't have the whole picture to evaluate.

What happens if one strong person buys it?

Hmm....

This is exactly why my faith in the system is shakey at best...that's all it's going to take is one. *sigh* I just can't think of it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I actually think she's average intelligence.

**Smart idea to use gas cans to avoid stopping in Arizona. Then she blows it by borrowing a friend's gas cans and bought one with her debit card. FAIL. Stupid!

**Steals a gun from Grandad one week before. She should have saved her money and bought one underground. FAIL. Stupid!

**Rents a car. Uses her drivers license to rent it. Duh. FAIL.

I could go on and on. She's not very bright. Left trails everywhere.
Not to mention that she knew Travis' friends already thought she was 'trouble' and that suspicion would fall on her. She knew she would be a suspect, yet she went ahead and altered the crime scene, introduced false evidence, fabricated lie after lie to LE, prodded LE to reveal their evidence to her. After being charged, tried to tamper with a witness by trying to get that coded magazines message past prison security, did multiple TV interviews, insisted on representing herself against the advice of her lawyers, and so on.

That is my understanding. I think it is stupid and I hope they disregard the redundant exhibit.

I doubt they will subject themselves to anything to do with that tape again!
I think they focus on premeditation and the murder and not Jodi reliving her Bubble Bath Goddess memories. :twocents:

EXCELLENT post! But how much of what you've listed was allowed by the Judge and is up for review by the jury? I believe the tire slashing wasn't allowed. The scary thing in any trial is that the jury doesn't have the whole picture to evaluate.
The defense brought up the tire slashing through the cross of Mimi Hall on Day One...just to point out Travis hadn't told Mimi who was responsible. :rolleyes:

And by sheer coincidence the warning email - telling her that her soul was in peril should she continue to see Travis - was in Lisa's inbox the morning after the tire slashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018