jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just saying....hate me, if you must...if I was a juror, I could not dish out the death penalty. And I believe in it.

If, in your mind THIS case would not be worthy of the DP, and you say you're and advocate for it, then what, pray tell DO you think warrants the DP?

I really can't think of a worse way to die than that TA went through, with the exception of twin towers on 9/11, even then it's iffy. Either way it was pure torture. He was clearly down and she kept going, and going, and going.

I'll answer if you promise not to throw things. :truce:

I don't find her particularly likeable, but I do feel sorry for her. She obviously has terrible self esteem. She desperately wanted Travis to want her. To the point that she was willing to let him ONLY have anal sex with her. The girl had ZERO self respect. She had no friends or family that were willing to step in and say that wasn't ok, and that it meant he just wasn't that into her.

(As an aside, anal sex is fine as part of a mature, consensual relationship, but in my opinion it should be part of a larger, more complete sex life -- including vaginal sex. Jodi didn't want to be wanted just for anal sex and oral sex. She wanted to be LOVED. She wanted romantic sex, not just sex-sex. If that makes any sense.)

Now granted, that was 100% her own fault -- she willingly participated. In my 20s, I would have too. Now that I am 40 (yikes!), if a man was only interested in anal sex and having me perform oral sex -- I'd tell him to hit the road. But I had the opportunity to learn how to be strong and have some dignity and voice what I want in a relationship. Jodi was born ****ed up. She never had a chance. And because of that -- I do feel a little empathy for her.

That said, I still totally want her to get the death penalty, because she clearly premeditated the crime and Travis did not in any way deserve what he so brutally got.

You are assuming that anything that Jodi claims is TRUE. We have more than enough definitive evidence that she is a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR. She lies and lies and lies and lies.

Therefore, we can't believe anything that comes out of her mouth--especially information that mitigates her slaying of Travis.

People with personality disorders CAN'T be "loved" enough--nothing is enough. It is exhausting. My mom is Borderline PD & I don't even have contact with her since I had children since she is like dealing with a toddler.

Invading someone's personal space--thier HOME, journals, phones, emails, etc. is not someone lacking "love"--it is a sick person who is so selfish and malignant that they think they can control another human being. They are toxic and very scary.

What's telling to me....so often we hear, he/ she was such a nice person...would never expect they were capable of murder.....

EVERYONE that knows Jodi, believes she did it and was more than capable.

IMO that makes her a pretty pathetic mimic of normal emotions and actions. She's not even a brilliant psychopath, just a text book boring one.

I just couldn't stomache it today folks. I usually listen in the car though my smartphone, but I found I just couldn't today. I got home and turned it on and then turned it back off. I have never felt so much rage toward another person I don't even know. I hate this woman with a passion. I hope and pray she is put down. Not away but down! :furious:

Dr Glass now saying Travis wanted to RAPE Jodi on FB ... Sorry did someone mishear the recording? I think I've been disabled from making comments or everybody has or nobody has commented .. But COME ON!!!! Very glad she's not on the jury. Guess it shows that people may hear it that way however and have sympathy for JA.

I asked a question earlier today, and cannot find it. You guys move fast. Why did her original attorney withdraw from this case? Couldn't stand JA?, knew was lying or none of the above?

If, in your mind THIS case would not be worthy of the DP, and you say you're and advocate for it, then what, pray tell DO you think warrants the DP?

I really can't think of a worse way to die than that TA went through, with the exception of twin towers on 9/11, even then it's iffy. Either way it was pure torture. He was clearly down and she kept going, and going, and going.

I'd like to know the answer myself. (I'm not being cute. I have never concealed my opposition to the d.p. in all forms and I'm not trying to debate this. I'm just curious as to where d.p. supporters draw the line.)

An oldie but goodie,

Welcome all newbies, glad to see you post with us. We appreciate all opinions and ideas because it gives us other insight that we might not of noticed before.

Don't be suckered into name calling. It will cost you your privilege of posting on Websleuths, not them.

We debate our different opinions, and we can chose to dismiss or ignore those that push buttons. Internet discussion forums are not for everyone. So, take a breath and walk it off, and please keep posting along with us. If anyone is banned let it be the other person.

When were the photos of the cuts on her hand that were shown today taken?
She I thought she said they were taken with her helio phone.... She also said same phone was lost a week after phone sex tape (May 10th) ?
Or am I missing something ... Can't listen to Nurmi for long before I zone out.....

She said they were taken on May 31/08. And according to her (I didn't see) they were time stamped.

Can anyone tell me if TA's computer HD was analysed by forensics and if so, why wasn't this brought up to show he did not search for child *advertiser censored* on his computer as Jodi claims he was looking at and masturbating to a picture of a young boy. I'm not saying TA was into that "stuff" but why not prove it by his HD. I think this would help the prosecution immensely if there was no child *advertiser censored* found. The other thing is, "if" TA was into that carp, don't you think detectives would have found said pictures in his house? Jodi is so full of ***** and her team is only digger her a deeper hole for her to crawl out of IMHO from their questioning today.

I thought it was obvious it was just 'talk' maybe it's not.

Right. But my only point is that Jodi is not claiming that it was a crime of passion and some have opined they believe it was.

IMO, if she were as bright as some believe, she would have went with crime of passion and come up with something more plausible as to why she did it.

I mean, allegedly bright Jodi said, 'He came at me like a linebacker and screamed at me."

Seriously. WTF?

'He told me I couldn't go to Cancun and I lost it because after all the sex I let him use me for, he betrayed me etc...'

Even that would have been more believable, IMO.

The only reason I can fathom that she would go with a self defense claim is she's making good on her threat that if the State didn't accept her plea for 2nd degree, she'd smear Travis during the trial.

IMO

great post...and right on Turnadot..I call her petition/plea blackmail..it was a threat to smear him, and everyone connected to him, hurt his family. basically that was the point of not taking anything less than second degree murder...she said so in that document.....*umm, if I dont get what I want, I will mud sling* all based on a 'chaotic and unhealthy relationship' <---second degree murder?????? 27 stabs, a slit throat and a shot to the head because ummmm it wasnt a great relationship....

all with her potty mouth on the stand.....no more demure answers when it comes to 'her stuff' or other descriptive terms relating to sexual acts or events...she's all down and dirty...the mask came off...

today its back on, except she still slipped into potty mouth when mentioning travis and blankety blank (using the down and dirty version of the act), while looking at pics....

I have watched every day, yes, Hatfield. I might have missed an hour here or there but followed up at night online and on television.

I respect your opinion...I really do.

I think she lied to cover up what she did. And then she had to keep it up...after all, who would believe her anyway?

Perhaps she is a cold-blooded killer. The post-mortem photos certainly appear to make her that way.

But...what if she is right? What if? And I admit, its almost impossible to prove a negative.

I am just saying....hate me, if you must...if I was a juror, I could not dish out the death penalty. And I believe in it.

Thanks for the honest reply. I too struggle with the death penalty part. I have always flip flopped on whether it should be available. I suppose I would go with jury instructions from the judge in this case.

shefner, I missed your reply to my queries on prior thread:

If you believe that even a few of the stabs and slashes were justified by self-defense or TA's not being "wholesome" as you stated, where do you draw your line?

Do you agree with Jodi that TA deserved wounds number one through thirty, or does your line stop short of the slashed throat?

You also said that Travis was "murdered" and that it was "horrible". And then you go on to say that premeditation has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Please explain why you believe that Jodi Arias is a murderer, as you state, since you don't perceive that the case has been made by the prosecution.

For since, in your mind, the case hasn't been made that JA has committed a homicide, on what basis then, do you label her a murderer?

I should say killed instead of murder, I suppose. I realize that is a matter of semantics. The killing was horrible. The whole relationship was horrible and I wish it had never happened at all.

I never said TA deserved any of his wounds. <modsnip>.

I feel there is a possibility that Arias was defending herself and then went off the deep end. I'm not sure what I believe as the trial is not over and there are more witnesses yet to testify.

I may be in the minority but there are more of us out here than you realize. Many posters refuse to post here out of fear for the way they will be treated. I can't say that I blame them.

I agree....I think Travis had a big heart and found it hard to believe she could really go this far. But he did say "if he died, she did it!" He should have taken measures but even a RO would not stop her. He wanted to "see her potential for good". I do believe all the sex happened but I think she was "teaching" him a lot and I do not think he had "sex" actual sex before. Maybe he "grinded" and some other stuff IMHO. Remember he did say he was "just a dildo with a heart beat to her"!

Travis's little voice may have made him a little worried about JA but denial is incredible. I remember reading how investigators who have recovered many black boxes after plane crashes were speechless when they could hear the pilots, before the crashes, talk about the readings they were getting on their gauges, like altimeters, etc and they would say things like "That can't be right!" as the planes were descending at alarming rates and they could see evidence that the gauges were in fact, correct.
We all think that crazy stuff can't or wouldn't happen to us, that we are being silly. Poor Travis probably told himself the same thing as he had growing fear of her.

I thought I could keep up by reading here at night after working afternoons....I am finding now that I am soooooooooooo sick of seeing this thing testify that I am afraid I can't keep up anymore.....she changes demeanor depending on the questioner............sick to death of her. Hurry up and get this trial over with please!!!!!:furious:

I realize that a restraining order may not have done any good. However, Jodi was clearly in love with Travis. She had convinced herself that he was her destiny, and that they were meant to be together. Travis having phone sex with her and telling her how sexy she is, sending her texts like the one where he was in a club and it made him realize how beautiful she is, leaving comments on her MySpace such as "I wonder how much you raise the hotness level of Yreka all by yourself, factoring in its per capita hot stats before you came, I am sure it has raised exponentially."...Jodi saw all this as evidence that she still had a hold on him and mistakenly extrapolated that to mean that he would eventually realize he loved her too. Meanwhile, Travis was not interested in Jodi romantically whatsoever, in fact I think he harbored some resentment and ill feelings towards her. But she still cast a powerful sexual spell on him.

Of course, it's easy for me to say this now with hindsight. When you are in the middle of situations such as this, it is very difficult to see the big picture. Travis probably thought Jodi was a hindrance to him being a good Mormon and joked about her killing him, but I highly doubt that he believed her capable of the violence of June 4, 2008.

Dr Glass now saying Travis wanted to RAPE Jodi on FB ... Sorry did someone mishear the recording? I think I've been disabled from making comments or everybody has or nobody has commented .. But COME ON!!!! Very glad she's not on the jury. Guess it shows that people may hear it that way however and have sympathy for JA.

I can't stand her...she's in the same heap I tossed Dr Drew;)

Yes, she was aiming for a 2nd degree murder.

"Second degree murder charges are filed in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Glendale and Mesa when the defendant is accused of either intentionally or knowing causing the death of another person. Although less severe than the penalties for first degree murder, a conviction for second degree murder in Phoenix carries with it a mandatory prison sentence in the Arizona Department of Corrections for a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of 22 years."

The things you think you see in Jodi simply aren't there. This isn't a girl with low self esteem looking for love in all the wrong places. That scenario could describe countless women. What separates Jodi from the others...she slaughtered a man. She planned it and feels zero remorse. She's a psychopath. She is not like other love lorn women.....she's not really even human in the true sense if the word. She has no empathy and no conscience

I don't disagree with you. I just think she is a decent actress when Nurmi is questioning her. She has the ability to make me momentarily feel some empathy for her. But then Juan gets her and you see the REAL Jodi come out in flashes.

My mom is Borderline. I can see it coming a mile away. So I see it in Jodi. But I definitely also see how people unfamiliar with psychology just might feel a little sorry for her. Hopefully they still use their brains and convict her!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018