jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behaviors inconsistent with an abusive personality:

• Encouraging Jodi to date other people.
  • Not escalating the relationship to a more serious nature very, very quickly.
  • No evidence of stalking or harassing Jodi once she moved back to Yreka.
  • No escalation of violence according to testimony on direct.
  • No isolation of Jodi - this doesn't mean keeping her from 'his' friends - it means systematically shutting down her every 'outside' resource, sometimes to even include work and family.
  • No evidence of financial abuse - instead he was lending her money.
  • Nothing to prove incessant emails, non-stop text messages, or constant phone calls on Travis' part.
  • No outward evidence of jealousy on Travis' end. Not rising to the level I would expect from an abuser, anyway.
  • No testimony from friends or family, in court or elsewhere, to indicate an easily triggered temper, impatience, possessiveness, etc.
  • No proof he circumvented her movements - she didn't live with him and he even lent her his car.
  • Didn't fly into a rage over a ruined BMW.
  • Seemingly actively tried to help Jodi on many fronts.

I do worry about the possibility of one juror being a holdout. Maybe one of them will be sympathetic and believe her BS. :cry:

Sadly so do I. Nobody can possibly know what they are thinking. I do think when they read the jury questions, we will get some insight as to what they are thinking.

BUT...didn't JA state she never did anything with Travis that she didn't want to do? In fact, JA said she enjoyed the sex! Not once, when the prosecution was questioning her, did she say a word about legitimate abuse. JA is not a domestic abuse survivor...period!

I don't think the edited sex tape will come in. I believe the entire sex tape will be given to the jury, not this latest desperate attempt by the defense.

None of us should forget that Travis had NO clue JA was tape recording him. She pulled all the strings in this conversation. JA did this to use against Travis. I don't find her credible.

Maybe this woman has multiple personalities, because she is an entirely different person today. The scary thing is, she is SANE in the eyes of court.

What happened to Jodi's computer? Did she dump it somewhere? I haven't heard any references to it.

I have watched every day, yes, Hatfield. I might have missed an hour here or there but followed up at night online and on television.

I respect your opinion...I really do.

I think she lied to cover up what she did. And then she had to keep it up...after all, who would believe her anyway?

Perhaps she is a cold-blooded killer. The post-mortem photos certainly appear to make her that way.

But...what if she is right? What if? And I admit, its almost impossible to prove a negative.

I am just saying....hate me, if you must...if I was a juror, I could not dish out the death penalty. And I believe in it.
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think that 'if' you mention here is the 'reasonable doubt' the prosecution has to overcome. That sounds more like, nothing is ever certain, and if that was the bar the prosecution needed to jump over, no one would ever be convicted. If the DP wasn't involved, would you find it easier to conclude 1st degree murder? Maybe one of the attorneys here can explain 'beyond a reasonable doubt' for us.

I like Nancy's guest who is now grilling BCarr :lol:

I noticed JA took off her glasses to read the journal at one point. Does she need these glasses or are they the DT's way of changing her outift each day? She has several pairs.

It may have already been mentioned so my apologies if it has. These threads move faster than the refresh button.

Just finished watching Casarez on the NG program. Once again I do not understand why any TV outlet would have this idiot doing commentary. She spoke of the “Conducive Rule” when speaking of the possibility that JM would be allowed another shot at JA on cross. I have not a clue what “The Conducive Rule” is.

This coupled with her past commentary on the AZ Supreme Court InterROCKATORY appeal left me to wonder if this lady actually went to law school.

Then she described JA photos showing injury to her right index finger. Casarez spoke of “burns” to her finger. The photos did NOT remotely represent burns to anything.

No proof that Jodi wrote it. No proof that Jodi slashed the tires when Travis was with Lisa either.

But I thought there was something that could trace it back to her computer or email account? I already know why the slashed tires wasn't entered.

I have watched every day, yes, Hatfield. I might have missed an hour here or there but followed up at night online and on television.

I respect your opinion...I really do.

I think she lied to cover up what she did. And then she had to keep it up...after all, who would believe her anyway?

Perhaps she is a cold-blooded killer. The post-mortem photos certainly appear to make her that way.

But...what if she is right? What if? And I admit, its almost impossible to prove a negative.

I am just saying....hate me, if you must...if I was a juror, I could not dish out the death penalty. And I believe in it.

You may feel differently at the conclusion of this trial. The reason the jury is instructed to wait, is because things are presented throughout. When JM does his rebuttal case and close, the picture may become more clear to you.

I do worry about the possibility of one juror being a holdout. Maybe one of them will be sympathetic and believe her BS. :cry:
Agreed.

Apparently Jodi is a good con artist. She brutally murders a man while he's taking a shower, yet somehow, someway she's a sympathetic character.

After the KC verdict though, nothing surprises me anymore.

She IS purposefully saying some things. I am an expert, and I hear words and phrases that the the DV expert will be offering. Not to mention DSMIV points to claim she has PTSD. Clearly Jodi has been coached.

But Jodi is NOT a victim of domestic violence. She is a classic stalker, and Travis IS the victim. Much of what he did shows me he was desperate to find a way to be free of her. It is very difficult for any stalking victim to get help from the system - doubly so when the victim is male and the stalker is female because it just doesn't seem possible that a man could be afraid of a woman.

Hopefully the prosecutor has done his homework. If he has and the DV expert includes stalking as being a part of the cycle of violence, then he will be able to elicit testimony regarding behavior patterns and "magical" thinking Jodi has already entered in the record as best describing her.

So you have watched the trial every day and you can agree that Jodi's life was in danger from a wet, naked man?

You believe that Travis had an unregistered 25 caliber handgun on top of his shelves and that she lept up in the air to the ceiling, only placing one foot on the edge of a shelf, and with one hand grabbed the gun, the other hand touching nothing--distrubing absolutely nothing?

You believe Jodi's account that Travis was continuing to attack her and move and speak after SHE SHOT HIM IN THE FACE THROUGH HIS FRONTAL LOBE? In direct opposition to the Medical Examiner's testimony? And that after she shot Travis in the face at almost point blank range, she had no idea he was shot? And you believe that Travis attacked her using the "linebacker stance" that Jodi demonstrated?

You believe that after Travis was stabbed through the chest and it severed his vena cava--an artery to his heart, nicked his lung and the sac surrounding the heart--an injury which would drastically lower his blood pressure--he was still such a threat that:

She followed him to the sink where he was aspirating blood and she stabbed him multiple times in the head and BACK?

You agree that Jodi still felt her life was in danger, so she pursued him down the hallway, finally slashing his throat from ear to ear, effectively beheading him if not for his spine--and this is reasonable?

Interesting. I'm curious--do you really agree with all these points <modsnip>

I realize that a restraining order may not have done any good. However, Jodi was clearly in love with Travis. She had convinced herself that he was her destiny, and that they were meant to be together. Travis having phone sex with her and telling her how sexy she is, sending her texts like the one where he was in a club and it made him realize how beautiful she is, leaving comments on her MySpace such as "I wonder how much you raise the hotness level of Yreka all by yourself, factoring in its per capita hot stats before you came, I am sure it has raised exponentially."...Jodi saw all this as evidence that she still had a hold on him and mistakenly extrapolated that to mean that he would eventually realize he loved her too. Meanwhile, Travis was not interested in Jodi romantically whatsoever, in fact I think he harbored some resentment and ill feelings towards her. But she still cast a powerful sexual spell on him.

Of course, it's easy for me to say this now with hindsight. When you are in the middle of situations such as this, it is very difficult to see the big picture. Travis probably thought Jodi was a hindrance to him being a good Mormon and joked about her killing him, but I highly doubt that he believed her capable of the violence of June 4, 2008.

And in all of that we still have to come to the day he was killed. No matter how many poems were written, how many times he may have professed his love for her even if he said he wanted to marry her

The Jury is supposed to decide if Travis had beaten her, and tried to kill her on more than one occasion who almost killed Jodi? Is he a violent dangerous man that she thought was about to kill her that day so she had to kill him and get out.

Ask yourself a few things:

Do you believe there was a gun up high in his closet
or
Do you believe Jodi staged the burglary at her house and took her grandfathers gun

just go through things and whittle away at them

BC is now saying the JA's story #2 is the truth. He says she is creating her stories now to protect her family. WTH?

Did Brian Carr just totally blame Mormanism via NG?? Did I hear that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member