jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 15TH DAY #70*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the fact that she could have stolen a gun from anyone prove that she didn't steal a gun from her grandparents with whom she was living? :banghead:

Wonder if nurmi moves this slow in all his cases! He's got to be pretty annoying to many jurors

I live in Mesa and have never seen any pamphlets for pedophilia help.

LOL! Yep, Nurmi would know where to find them, for sure.

Nurmi wrote them and has his contact info on the back. He would know where to put them:banghead:

Why would she buy a gas can and then return it within a couple of hours? She had already borrowed the gas cans from Darryl at that point.

And I don't understand why it matters
I don't understand it all that well either but I think it speaks to her wanting to stockpile enough gas so that she would never have to stop for gas while in Arizona. How many miles did she travel in Arizona? How much gas would be needed with that particular car to go that distance? Surely with her extensive experience on road trips, she knew how to guestimate how much she would need.

moo

There is nothing I love more than a good courtroom brawl. I love to see both sides duke it out with some style even if I'm squarely in one side's corner. I CAN NOT take any more Nurmi!!! I'm a crim defense attorney. Even though I am on Juan's side I could appreciate a good defense in this case. This is just horrible. He may be the worst I've seen and some of my colleagues are dull and lame in the extreme. He's so sloooooow. I have to believe if I'm totally over this redirect then the jury has to be hating Nurmi and his client holding them hostage for this crap and not at least hitting the high notes quickly and with a little style.
Rant over. So glad to have my fellow WS'ers to understand how this makes me feeeeeel. I think I would be furious if I were a juror listening to this drivel day after day.

This is not a battered woman no matter how they spin it. This is not a woman who was beaten year after year by a man she could not escape or who wouldn't let her go no matter what she did. This is not a woman who finally gave into the fear or even some rage after horrible, crushing abuse. It's not like she watched this man beat her, the kids and the pets for a decade. She is the antithesis of a battered woman. SHE wouldn't leave HIM alone. HE was the victim of an abusive relationship with a manipulative and intrusive woman. Ugh!!!

Great post. Thanks.

My question for JA, if I were on the jury:

JUST HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK WE ARE???????

It would NEVER be my gun of choice as it is weak and most likely will not kill a attacker. Like I said before, it's good for target practice and that is about it. You want a powerful gun 9mm and UP, the are different types of (say) 9mm ammo, some exploding on impact, some better for practice FMJ. So a smaller cal bouncing around does not cause more damage.

Don't shoot the messenger I'm just repeating what I found during my research. That a .25 caliber gun was especially small (i.e. easily concealed) and can cause a lot of tissue damage. It was powerful enough to enter his skull and tear through his brain and lodge itself into his cheek.

A gun is a gun. They ALL have the capacity to kill. And they all are made for a singular purpose, to KILL.

I'm starting to believe that JA is going to get an appeal based on ineffective counsel. Seriously, if JA wanted to kill TA she would have taken a family members car, stole a gun from someone other than her grandfather to kill Travis with and wouldn't have bought a third gas container.....:banghead:

also, she says purchasing the gas can wasn't a financially responsible decision, but then has her "nails" done after returning the gas can.

(but justified purchasing the lotions/sunscreens, KY, Starbucks..)

And rents a car for a couple hundred bucks instead of driving her own. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Watching HLN who seems to be way way behind..

:waitasec: Anyway, how does it help her case that her family members could have lent her a car or rented one for her.

That to me proves even more premeditation on her part renting a car, if that is even possible.

Did I miss something, or did Jodi just reiterate what Juan said on cross--she had 3 gas cans & that's the only explanation for the 3 separate Arco receipts. She filled the car at the pump with her debit card (~12 gallons), she went inside to "pre-pay" with cash and put gas in the 2 5 gallon cans (~10 gallons) and she went inside a second time to "pre-pay" with cash and filled a 3rd gas can with ~3 gallons. Unless she stored that extra 3 gallons in her rectum, she had to have had a 3rd gas can!

And she mentioned using the gas cans to "save money on gas" when Juan PROVED her a LIAR since SHE FILLED THE DANG THINGS IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!! Not Nevada or Utah. AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought I would say this, but I am about ready to abandon it myself. This man (Nurmi) takes 5 full seconds to draw out the word "and". This is torture!!!!!

So gas, licence plates, guns, Matt, and something about Starbucks ... yeah yeah whatever ... someone is going to lose it and start screaming or have a fit of uncontrollable laughter soon.

Perhaps the defense strategy is to use this Chines Water Torture to get someone (jury, gallery, etc.) to crack and cause a mistrial? That's what her baby-daddy-2b says she expects mistrial....

I really hope that one of the jury's questions is the same one once posed by Stewie Griffin:

'So, is there any tread left on the tires, or at this point is it just like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?'

Same here. But I think she's trying to say she didn't use that 3rd gas can at all. That's why I thought it was so ridiculous when JM called her attention to the extra 2.77 gals of gas that she purchased (after filling the 2 cans from DB and filling the car), and he asked where she put those (almost) three gals of gas?

She answered, "Somewhere." Waving her hand, iIrc, as if to say "I don't know, it's not important."

almost 3 gallons of gas is a LOT of fluid. You don't just put it in your empty Starbucks smoothie cup...

I'm not sure why she's lying about this either because she's been caught in a lie pretty substantially, imv. It's possible that it's for the wholly inane reason that she is so proud of her 'thrifty' persona that she's just trying to maintain that image. Gah.

right. even IF she were telling the truth about returning the third can, which she's not, she still DID fill 2 5 gallon cans with gas. she didn't buy gas in AZ. her phone didn't work the whole time she was in AZ. come on now.

We live 17 miles from my husbands work- his daily commute from Long Beach to Redondo Beach is about 45 minutes- with heavy traffic it can take him an hour and a half. We have been in LA traffic from the 405 heading towards downtown LA and it has taken 2 hours to go about 20 miles! The 405 near Sunset (the exit for the Getty) is notorious for being some of the worst traffic on that entire stretch of freeway. We LIVE with this traffic- it is maddening. I was so impressed driving into and through Phoenix to see what a place that has proper infrastructure is like in terms of the freeway system- BIG difference. I can understand his frustration- especially coming from Mesa.

Aw, I do miss that area though - I grew up in Long Beach and lived there 35 years. I did the whole commute thing and it's awful, it will make the most even tempered, nice person turn into someone with road rage. Even though you deal with it daily, it's still stressful and frustrating, there is always some a-hole that ruins your whole morning.

Up here in the PNW the traffic can be horrible too, but people are in general way more polite and actually let you merge when you need to! Makes a big difference.

I've never watched a trial where I am absolutely relieved when it lunch recess time like I am when Nurmi is droning on. Any GOOD lawyer knows that if you bore the jury, sometimes their mind can wander, yet he does nothing to correct his approach.

Good grief!! :banghead:

Nurmi's questioning is absolutely pathetic to say the least. Those poor jurors having to sit and listen to him drone on and on....

Hope I did this right. Sorry was hoping the image would show, not the link. I don't know how to do an image shot :'(
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/83500/Sleeping-Jurors-at-O-J-Simpson-Trial--83561.jpg

Normi - 'In your journal you said how you didnt like fish and chips, can you tells us what you meant?'

JA - 'It was me explaining how I walked in on travis masturbating to small boys and it disturbed me'

JA was such a conscientious GF. Taking things to an extreme to protect her man and his sinister dark side. She was such a great GF that she even wrote in her journal in cryptic code in case anyone ever got a hold of it.

Sure, she knew that fish and chips = pedophilia but no one else would figure it out. Not even if law enforcement engaged Dan Brown to crack the codes.

Lets follow the money....much spent on gas, Starbucks, nails, misc at Walmart............she is waaaaaay over the amount she claims to have brought on the trip.

I stated that on cross. Why didn't JM mention it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela