Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #44 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leomoon80 - it's not about revenge - it's about consequences.....jodi needs to be put out of her misery like a crazy sick animal...not for revenge but for mercy..

There is real compassion and fake compassion. The latter stems from an egoistic need to appear 'kind and forgiving'.

We would be living in utter chaos if we choose to fake 'pity' murderers and lunatics at the cost of harming law-abiding citizens.

So - she drops Travis' camera and she finds herself being choked (?) losing consciousness and unable to breathe... did I hear that right?

If choked to that degree, wouldn't there be bruises?

Her not calling 911 if this was a true incidence of self-defense is just not working for me. I can see being scared, certainly, but even in that state of just having killed to defend your life and having the presence of mind to be so scared as to devise a 'cover-up', then one ought to have the presence of mind to realize that as scary as calling 911 would be, it's still better than creating a massive lie - especially if you really defended yourself!

The lack of 911 call and her actions/lies (and lies upon lies) and various versions of lies - sink her SD along with the pre-planning.

Not only would you expect bruising from the choking I would also expect bruising from the body slamming into the ceramic tile in the bathroom and wrestling on the floor. She has miracle tissue!

What is Jinkasaurus thinking?.. why she would even use the word HONEST is beyond me...yet she says she'll explain??

This trial just became far less interesting to me.

She didn't give up even one thing with her half-*advertiser censored**ed admission. Saying she doesn't remember is a complete cop out, which destroyed any credibility this "trying to be totally objective" trial watcher gave her. The compassion I had for her (yes, really), is pretty much wiped out. I can't believe I watched so many boring hours of this trial to hear her say she doesn't remember.

She sealed her fate today. The jury must despise her now for wasting their time, and for exploiting their open minds and good faith.

But I don't support the death penalty (too easy on the defendant, too hard for the victims' loved ones, and too expensive). I hope she just fades into oblivion in prison with LWOP. That will be the best punishment for her IMO.

After her testimony, I have no doubt either. I was worried at first but her testimony was golden - for the state that is.

Well honey, do you expect a murder defendant to tell the truth? And if you were on a jury, would you form your opinion based only on what the defendant told you had happened and not the rest of the evidence?

Because the rest of the evidence shows premeditation here.

And IMO, even without that, jodi arias basically said little about the murder but what she did say defies logic and contradicts the evidence that goes against self-defense (which includes a sequences of photos taken seconds before and then during the murder).

I don't believe in the death penalty either. But not because I feel pity for the likes of jodi. I am against it because innocent people do get sentenced death and because in essence, I think it is a barbaric practice that no developed, western country still practices, except us.

That being said, I would lose no sleep if jodi got the DP. None. Because even though I don't believe in giving the government the power to sentence a person to death or to conduct executions, I think some people do indeed deserve to die.

Also, I have no doubt that she is guilty as heck.

Further, it would take decades, if at all, for this woman to be put to death and who knows, by then, the death penalty may have been commuted. But I would have the satisfaction of knowing that she was not in general population in prison, able to spend tons of time with fellow prisoners, to adapt, manipulate, have girlfriends, etc. Life on death row is vastly harder than life in regular prison. And I want her life to be hard.

Finally, my pity is not for someone as cruel and evil and cunning and calculating as this witch. It's for poor Travis Alexander who was slaughtered in fear as he begged for help. And it's for his poor family who have to sit there day after haunting, horrific day, reliving the butchering of their brother, and even worse, hearing his murderer desecrate his memory and try to destroy his reputation with some of the most disgusting lies I have heard since the casey anthony trial.

It's far too easy for me to put myself in the victim's family's shoes and I frankly wonder why for some, it is so easy to have pity on an evil murderer but not on the person who was murdered and not on the loved ones they were forced to leave behind?

I heard an interesting statistic: it takes so long for someone who gets the death penalty to actually get put to death for so many years and years, they often die of natural causes. most of the people on death row have died from natural causes. the death penalty means very little anymore; in the old days there was not much time between the sentence and administering the sentence. Jodi will be an old prune face before the DP gets done, even if she gets it.

Not only would you expect bruising from the choking I would also expect bruising from the body slamming into the ceramic tile in the bathroom and wrestling on the floor. She has miracle tissue!

That finger of hers sure had more than its fair share of injuries!

So - she drops Travis' camera and she finds herself being choked (?) losing consciousness and unable to breathe... did I hear that right?

Her not calling 911 if this was a true incidence of self-defense is just not working for me. I can see being scared, certainly, but even in that state of just having killed to defend your life and having the presence of mind to be so scared as to devise a 'cover-up', then one ought to have the presence of mind to realize that as scary as calling 911 would be, it's still better than creating a massive lie - especially if you really defended yourself!

The lack of 911 call and her actions/lies (and lies upon lies) and various versions of lies - sink her SD along with the pre-planning.

What are the odds she was chocked twice by two men. Bobby now Travis.

:jail: <-------- no Gaps in here, jodi!

Jean is crazy...characterized Jodi's testimony today as Honest!

Her and Dr Drew need to hook up. Two moronic peas in a pod

I absolutely loved her coverage of the Joran Van Der Sloot case, but now she seems to have lost the plot.

Agreed! New rental car. New gun. New knives. Road trip to victim number was about to begin.
(my guess would be the girl going to Cancun. How dare her)

I wonder - throughout her testimony she seems to have born the most resentment toward Deanna. I think she may have been destined to join Travis in the 'afterlife'.

BBM
Yes. That is the main problem that my DH saw with her story. He says that if a fit, strong, angry wrestler/kickboxer was really angry and trying to kill her, then she would have some more injuries than a bandaged finger. There would have been bruises at the very least.

idk, but according to him, he asked her where she was and she said either northern or southern ca (can't remember which) that would be a lie, since she was on her way to utah. i think it's really strange gus didn't call any of travis friends to find out why or how he died. wasn't he curious? i really like gus, but i find this odd.

Gus "Big Ring" Searcy is easy to dismiss as a blowhard Willie-Loman-esque fading MLM self-proclaimed super star. But what about the possibility that Arias drove right to his place to clean up and he helped her? Remember how the first thing he asked her when he said she called him crying that Travis was dead--the first thing was "are you all right" and "do you need a ride."

I think he is angry about being dismissed as unimportant when he actually assisted the murderer to clean up and dispose of clothes, etc. This would explain her being in the Hoover Dam area, would explain how she cleaned herself up enough to be necking with a boyfriend shortly thereafter.

If memory serves me correctly, there is a gap of slightly more than five hours in the timeline after the killing. People have allowed that to be the time she drove out to the desert and burned the evidence, but it 's actually enough time to drive to Gus' motor home in Las Vegas and get his help.

He would buy her self-defense theory because he was already in her stable.

I can't believe I just posted this before court started today and then she goes and adds another stupid variation to the cut finger nonsense. :sigh: LOL I give up..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU_bl67g4Pk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU_bl67g4Pk[/ame]

I agree. Even her precursor story (the reason she ran into the closet rather than down the hall) wasn't one that ended in violence. So he caught her at the stairs and he freaked her out. Then he explained things and everything was fine.

How does that translate to June 4th and running into the closet instead?

If this really was about self defense, I believe she would remember most every moment of this murder. I'm more inclined to believe she might not remember if she killed him in a rage. I'm all for JA getting the needle. Premeditated Murder.:furious:

This trial just became far less interesting to me.

She didn't give up even one thing with her half-*advertiser censored**ed admission. Saying she doesn't remember is a complete cop out, which destroyed any credibility this "trying to be totally objective" trial watcher gave her. The compassion I had for her (yes, really), is pretty much wiped out. I can't believe I watched so many boring hours of this trial to hear her say she doesn't remember.

She sealed her fate today. The jury must despise her now for wasting their time, and for exploiting their open minds and good faith.

But I don't support the death penalty (too easy on the defendant, too hard for the victims' loved ones, and too expensive). I hope she just fades into oblivion in prison with LWOP. That will be the best punishment for her IMO.

Agree, the only reason she got on the stand was to slander Travis.

Hi everyone! :seeya:

I've been following this trial since the beginning, reading each thread, but haven't posted until today because the threads move so fast!

I was a little surprised by JA's testimony this morning. The gun was Travis', it went off accidentally, no memory of the stabbing, or of returning his body to the shower, rinsing it off. And I was NOT expecting her to admit to covering up the crime to save herself, I truly thought she'd say she did it to protect Travis. Good. She's digging her own grave.

I did my grocery shopping during the break, made myself lunch, and am back in my chair ready for the next installment of redonkulous BS. Justice for Travis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en