jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I just say this publicly?

That I don't believe for one moment Travis Alexander EVER...EVER once body slammed, hit or choked Jodi Arias. I don't believe she ever feared for her life from him.

I believe she provoked serious anger from him.

And still I don't believe he ever, on any occasion, became physically violent with her..

There is no evidence to substantiate her claims and she's a known pathological liar on trial for her life.

It's just NOT TRUE.

So eloquently stated. I believe as you do and it is so utterly infuriating to see her sit on that stand and defame Travis over these past 8 days. I feel so sad for his family and it's comforting to know that you are providing such a great and supportive friendship. From what you have said, they seem like such a warm, friendly family. I hate that Travis had to cross paths with such an evil woman. Keep up the good work. Hugs.:seeya:

Before I sign off, I'd like to add that i don't think Jodi Arias for one second has ever been "suicidal". She may have threatened this to Travis for attention but I don't think she has ever been suicidal in any real sense of the word.

With that, I'll say goodnight and catch you all tomorrow. I'll head over in the am to hopefully grab a seat first thing.

I think we will all (or most of us) breathe a big sign of relief once JM takes control of this out of control situation.

:seeya:

Why are they giving this girl the time of day? I guess because she is young and a female. She is lucky to be in the USA.

But this is where the premeditation comes in, very important part of the case, how can they prove premeditation. According to her self defence. It will be extremely hard to prove premeditation. Her shooting, stabbing, , washing Travis, doing laundry, it was his gun, his knife, all of that that we know. It will be very hard to explain to a jury when she remembers nothing of that.

Did you stab him?
I cannot remember.

Why did you put him in the shower?
I cannot remember.

Why did you clean the crime scene taking the rope and gun with you?
I cannot remember.

Each answer will be same.
Mark my words.

And do not forget the jury does not know what we know.

There's a ton of circumstantial evidence going to premeditation. (And I held out until today in deciding about the premeditation.)

- Stolen gun from grandma's 1 week before the murder
- Borrows gas cans from ex to buy cheap gas, but buys expensive gas instead
- Buys 3rd gas can enroute
- Travels south to Pasadena from Monterey, totally opposite direction of her stated Utah destination to visit a friend but has no firm plan to see friend. Makes this 6 hour drive but never connects with the friend.
- Phone turned off from night of June 3rd until the of June 4th
- No receipts of any kind for the above 24 hour period, yet receipts for everything prior and later

And I am not even including the following:
- Rented a car for trip requesting color that doesn't stand out. Refused red car.
- Hair color (change of color along the way not proven IMO. The car rental guy could be mistaken. But I wonder why Darryl wasn't asked what color her hair was.)

Here is how I think Juan can PROVE premeditation.

First he has to prove she is lying about her not stealing Grams gun. Here is how he does that.

Play the tape where the detective asks her about guns and I think Jodi says Travis does NOT have any guns.

This proves she is lying because now she is claiming on the stand he did have a gun. She cant have it both ways. Thus, she is lying.

Juan then points out to jury that it was proven a .25 caliber bullet was used in the killing and a .25 gun was stolen very shortly before from Grams house.

Jury then puts 2+2 together. A lying Jodi had to steal that gun and use it.

You are correct. Jodi did tell Flores that Travis did not have any guns! Add to that the knife she says she dropped on the bathroom tile, but also says she put in the dishwasher!

Respectfully truncated to address my 2 bits :)

Notice how she transparently left off the 'detective" and referred crassly to him as "Flores" each time/ i remember Hbaez doing that

She has been throwing TA under the bus since she got on the stand. No soul :(

Yep!!! How disrespectful. You'd think she'd at least keep up her meek facade for the jury even though she clearly detests him, him too. Passive aggressive, her MO.

Thanks again Katie for coming here and sharing with us what you observed in and out of court today. I spotted you immediatly behind Samantha. With that look on your face, shooting daggers right at Jodi. If looks could kill!

I think the most upsetting part of the day for me is when Samantha finally lost it. She has been keeping that smile on her face...that you don't say anything about Travis that will break me smile. Today however was just too much. It must have felt so helpless being right behind her and not being able to just wrap your arms around her and scream at the court to take Jodi away, far, far away. :(

Why are they giving this girl the time of day? I guess because she is young and a female. She is lucky to be in the USA.

why does anyone give any criminal the time of day? A lot of complex reasons....one being she is a rare female psychopathic/sociopath killer.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Uh oh I saw some photos tonite of snow in scottsdale today. lol

It did snow, everybody was talking about it, even wreaked a little havoc on the 101 for a while, but then it melted away. Had no chance.

(Gosh, go to bed already! I need help shutting this thing off! I am addicted. I just turned off the tv, shut down the house, put kids in proper beds, changed into pj's, crawled into bed, and FLIPPED THE BEDROOM TV TO HLN AND LOGGED BACK IN TO WEBSLEUTHS!))

Jean Casarez!?!?? Really? For years I thought her name was Jenka Sauras! Lol! Nancy Grace cracks me up!

No juror questions in the box .

Less concerned about my male juror who's bothered me today.

BBM & RS

I'm so happy to hear (especially) these things!! Again, thank you for all that you share with us! I'm sure it's very different, and much harder, to be there in person. I don't think I could keep my emotions in check sitting in there.

Spring 2010 "I confessed".

I think she's going to join here so I hope everyone gives her a warm welcome. She's a very sweet and kind girl and her heart is in the right place. She's right on the same page as the rest of us here . I think you will like her. She's also looking for intelligent dialogue on this (and other ) cases.

BBM & RS

I could tell Nurmi wasn't pleased with her choice of word when she said she confessed!! That was a great way for the defense to finish off their questions. Let that be in the jurors minds tonight!

I hope the other Katie does join us!

To the very best of my ability I sat behind them sending loving warm thoughts in their direction. It was a grounding for me honestly. I don't know how well I was doing at it but it was a focal point and I'll carry that on tomorrow as best I can. Actually when the day started I consciously lthought about everyone here and tapped in to all of that loving and supportive energy and asked for it to course through me and to this family. As woo woo as that sounds, I do kind of know how to do this as it's part of my job. Being a conduit like that I mean.

BBM

I do not think that sounds "woo woo" at all! The strength they have shown in court, even when they must be screaming and/or crumbling on the inside, is amazing. I didn't even know Travis and I have cried many times while watching the trial. There is no doubt in my mind that everyones prayers and supportive energy reaches them and helps give them strength. :grouphug:

It did snow, everybody was talking about it, even wreaked a little havoc on the 101 for a while, but then it melted away. Had no chance.

(Gosh, go to bed already! I need help shutting this thing off! I am addicted. I just turned off the tv, shut down the house, put kids in proper beds, changed into pj's, crawled into bed, and FLIPPED THE BEDROOM TV TO HLN AND LOGGED BACK IN TO WEBSLEUTHS!))

it's the Jodi affect....just keeps sucking you in. I need to go to bed myself.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

You know...I think the memory issue which bothered me the most (besides the murder) was one that happened yesterday. Her Walmart trip. Didn't Nurmi ask about what she did in that Salinas area where the Walmart receipt was born and she said she "didn't remember"?

The same receipt that shows she purchased two boxes of facial cleanser. Two boxes of hair dye. Also, a 5 gallon can of "Kerosene". My husband says it can be used to hold gas as well.

Come on, that was a total insult to the Jury. I just don't see how her or Nurmi thinks anything she has said or done will get her out of this.

Oh, sorry to make another post but I just wanted to say to "TheOtherKatie" that if you are reading we are looking forward to you joining us. :seeya: Would love to get your insights and opinions as well. Please come in anytime.

Hope I don't break a rule here, but has anyone else's libido suffered as a result of weeks of disgusting perverted testimony?

I also cannot order a strawberry frappuccino, maybe ever again.

Can you experienced WSrs tell me if I will recover?

(Tomorrow I am turning off both my phones during the trial. Can't stand interruptions.....ok, I'm certifiable)
Much as I don't like her referencing some of my favorite places- California Pizza Kitchen, Rainforest Cafe, P.F. Chang's, Kohl's, and Starbucks- I'm not going to let her ruin them for me. I'm going to delight in the fact that I can go to these places and she will never be able to ever again!!!

OMGosh - I took the afternoon, went to pick up DH, went to the bank, picked up DS, went to dinner, went to Target -- and I'm still PO'd off. How on earth did she forget the entire murder scene.

Dang I really hope she gets the needle. She can remember everything (made up) that TA did to her - right down to the CD bouncing off her head. But she can't explain a single stab wound.

May she rot in hell. And I don't say that very often. She IS the worst of the worst.

MOO

Mel

Much as I don't like her referencing some of my favorite places- California Pizza Kitchen, Rainforest Cafe, P.F. Chang's, Kohl's, and Starbucks- I'm not going to let her ruin them for me. I'm going to delight in the fact that I can go to these places and she will never be able to ever again!!!

Amen. Though I've never ordered a strawberry frappie, I have been and will continue to go to California Pizza Kitchen, Rainforest Cafe, P.F. Chang's, Kohl's, and Starbucks,-and relish in the delight that the killer will never be able to frequent those places again!

Enjoy those peanut butter sandwiches Jodi!!!!

While I'm expecting JA to rely on memory loss under cross, I'm not concerned about it (perhaps naively?). I think it'll probably be frustrating because I'd really like to know certain things and I don't think she'll give it up.

- Travis was shot in the head with a gun - a .25.
- Travis was attacked with a knife - stabbed in the heart/vena cava, chest, back and his throat was slashed.
- Photos place JA at the scene of the murder and at the time of the murder.
- There are numerous items of evidence (circumstantial, physical, factual) and formal testimony that, when taken collectively, provide reasonable, ample proof of premeditation (imv).
- JA said she killed Travis and tried to cover it up to avoid arrest.
- There is no evidence of Travis being physically or emotionally abusive - at all.
- There is no evidence that Travis was physically violent with JA or anyone else.
- There is an enormous body of documentation, video, reports, audio, testimony and items of evidence that prove JA is a prolific, unapologetic, calm, confident, extremely skillful liar. Her credibility has been shattered.

... so she doesn't "remember" how the murder took place. We don't have the knife or the gun. But we know that, with no evidence of abuse or violence by Travis, reasonable certainty of premeditation (at minimum), JA's admissions, lack of credibility and significant effort and planning to avoid accountability/arrest, etc.

We really don't need her to remember to know enough to conclude that she killed Travis outright. I have confidence in the jury being able to pull the elements together properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams