jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Jm checks all that out and calls her on it.

You can be sure that she knows whether the records exist, and if so, she really made the purchases.

She was probably trading them to other inmates for more KY Jelly...

Just jumping off your post as I have a question for anyone about this part of her testimony. I missed quite a bit yesterday, but saw this part of her testimony, where she talks about realizing that her life is now over and she goes into damage control mode.

Did she ever in her testimony yesterday express remorse for killing another human being or for killing the love of her life, or relief that she had gotten out of an "abusive" relationship alive, or even anger that he had "abused" her?

Let me make it clear, I don't think she was any of these things - remorseful, relieved, or abused, but I just expected her acting to have been better, more in line with what a "real" person would be feeling.

She basically said the standard: I wish I could take it back...I wanted to kill myself (but she didn't because she tried to cut her wrist but "it hurt too bad"), she felt bad for the family...blah, blah blah. It was a bunch of self-serving crap, no real remorse. The only time she cried is when she was having a pity-party for herself.

Just jumping off your post as I have a question for anyone about this part of her testimony. I missed quite a bit yesterday, but saw this part of her testimony, where she talks about realizing that her life is now over and she goes into damage control mode.

Did she ever in her testimony yesterday express remorse for killing another human being or for killing the love of her life, or relief that she had gotten out of an "abusive" relationship alive, or even anger that he had "abused" her?

Let me make it clear, I don't think she was any of these things - remorseful, relieved, or abused, but I just expected her acting to have been better, more in line with what a "real" person would be feeling.

Not really. She basically kept talking about how it affected HER, how it ruined HER life, that she was scared for herself.

Selfish b-word.

The person who had the "volcanic" rage was Jodi. Not Travis. To suggest that after she shot him in the face he got really mad and threatened her is insane. No doubt he lunged...he stumbled to the sink after she stabbed him and aspirated blood and then continued to fall down and crawl along as she attacked him. Un-freakin'-real.

I'm surprised she didn't say his gunshot wound was "hot".

Good morning family!! They just showed that picture of TA again on IS. The one of him in the shower, looking into the camera. It haunts me!! He's crying in that picture or I am not a Cherokee! The redness in his eyes is NOT from the shower!! I am surprised that this picture has not been discussed more. Look into his eyes!! He's terrified in that pic! :(

I agree and have felt that way from day one.

That story of why she bought the gun was ridiculous. I totally believe she would kill again if released.

Having bad weather again this morning. Direct tv doesn't always work well through it. Goes in and out. Hope it passes soon. Can't get cable where I live. Must have satellite. Really sucks I can't just pick up the phone to get food delivered any time of day or night, though. That was a HUGE culture shock :)

Worth it for the peace, tranquility and slower pace.

I think she would kill again, too. Being set free would just empower her to think she could do whatever she wanted - and be able to get out of it.

they don't believe it 'deep down.' they KNOW she's guilty.

the judge has allowed nurmi to lead her, repeat questions ad nauseum, and go into areas that are completely irrelevant. i know she's done it to be cautious and hopefully avoid a successful appeal, but good lord, i've never seen a defense given this much leeway.

and i don't feel sorry for nurmi. he chose to be a defense lawyer---any prosecutor will tell you there's a lot more money in defense work.

He also chose to defend those accused of sex crimes in his private practice. I know someone has to do it, but I don't care for those that choose that field.

OH :-( I just saw Travis' sister, that little girl looks like she's trying so hard to not cry, I hate what JA and her lawyer are allowed to do to this family. OMG SHE WAS JUST ASKED IF SHE HAS FORGIVEN TRAVIS!!! WTH IS THAT ABOUT????

BBM That was when I used words that I haven't used in a long time....and not one can be posted here. #$^*(I#$!_)%%$_&(O#_$%I@#_$!}_^I_%}$&#:furious:

I'm guessing that at some point JM will put out the pictures of the knife wounds to his body and one by one ask her if it jogs her memory at all. It'll be gross, but appropriate. JMO

That doesn't make sense to you as a metaphoric example of what the defense is trying to do with Jodi?

Yes, but you said "you can't polish a turd". Apparently it is possible to polish a turd.

Goooooooood morning my friends!!! Happy cross exam day!!!

She is going to screw up bigtime today. Her answers are going to show she does remember. He will be firing questions at her so fast she wont be able to think of what she told Nurmi on direct.

IMO

Oh honey, she thought she'd been spun around before! Hope she took some dramamine!

Any thoughts on whether her habit of playing smartest-gal-in-the-room will work for or against her?

E.g.:

"You see, Advil is an anti-coagulant."
"I think I was heading west, the sun was in my eyes, you see in the evening the sun is lower in the sky... blah, blah, blah"

Nurmi: Let me ask you this. How did that make you feel, Jodi, when the sun was near the horizon?

Question and Answer thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

if anyone knows the answer to this question about the alanis morrisette song can you post it on the q/a thread?

tia!

(I don't remember!)

Good question!
Yes - I will post it here and there, because it is just *THAT* creepy:

"You Oughta Know"

I want you to know, that I'm happy for you
I wish nothing but the best for you both
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me
Would she go down on you in a theatre
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother

'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able
To make it enough for you to be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me you'd hold me
Until you died, till you died
But you're still alive

And I'm here to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know

You seem very well, things look peaceful
I'm not quite as well, I thought you should know
Did you forget about me Mr. Duplicity
I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner
It was a slap in the face how quickly I was replaced
Are you thinking of me when you **** her?

'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able
To make it enough for you to be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me you'd hold me
Until you died, til you died
But you're still alive

And I'm here to remind you
It's not fair to deny me

'cause the joke that you laid on the bed that was me
And I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back
I hope you feel it...well can you feel it

Well, I'm here to remind you
It's not fair to deny me

ETA: An EXAMPLE of the RAGE and AGENDA JA had going on as she behaved all bubbly, cutesy, and friendly to TA during their phone call.

they don't believe it 'deep down.' they KNOW she's guilty.

the judge has allowed nurmi to lead her, repeat questions ad nauseum, and go into areas that are completely irrelevant. i know she's done it to be cautious and hopefully avoid a successful appeal, but good lord, i've never seen a defense given this much leeway.

and i don't feel sorry for nurmi. he chose to be a defense lawyer---any prosecutor will tell you there's a lot more money in defense work.

There is nothing wrong with making money or being a defense attorney. Defense attorneys play an equally important role in our system. Its a job. He tried to get out of defending her. She tied his hands. The worst thing I can say about nurmi in honesty is his style is boring beyond measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we are going to see some shaking and a lot of animosity from the murderer today-she hasn't been able to look at Mr Martinez without a look of evil in her dead eyes yet. I hope she totally melts down and shows her true colors.

Listen I get it that people have Casey Anthony PTSD.

But let me provide a little reality check.

The Casey Anthony trial was an anomaly, a FREAK OF NATURE, it's not what usually happens anywhere.

This is an entirely different case, different trial, different prosecution, a defendant who has already ADMITTED the killing. It's just more "understandable" for people to believe, generally that a freaky jealous pathological lying sociopath would kill their boyfriend than a mother would kill her own child (which of course we know CA did).

There are SO many elements of this trial that are different than that one.

This is also Arizona. We convict people here and sentence them to death.

The statistics are on the prosecution generally but especially in a case like this.

Casey Anthony was a sociopathic unicorn.

Jodi Arias will not be this lucky.

Mark my words.

I will also add to this that the jury is not sequestered..

I think that had a lot to do with the debacle in Orlando.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member