jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible she was holding him hostage the entire time she was there? Pointing the gun at him, making him take pictures of her, her taking pictures of him with the KY Jelly so conveniently in the picture? I've wondered this for awhile now. There is no proof they actually had sex that day. In her sick mind, she could have had this plan all conjured up, making it look like all of this happened, that he wanted her there, yada yada yada.

I have entertained that thought as well but can't get past that during a prolonged period of time being held at gunpoint, small gun, small woman, he would have rushed her.

That story of why she bought the gun was ridiculous. I totally believe she would kill again if released.

Having bad weather again this morning. Direct tv doesn't always work well through it. Goes in and out. Hope it passes soon. Can't get cable where I live. Must have satellite. Really sucks I can't just pick up the phone to get food delivered any time of day or night, though. That was a HUGE culture shock :)

Worth it for the peace, tranquility and slower pace.

I think Jodi started setting up her "memory loss" when she first commented during testimony yesterday or the day before when she said "sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night" (JM objected to that, thank goodness) - also, she gradually started inserting an occasional "I don't recall" or "I can't remember" about little details of her trip, like conveniently not remembering purchasing certain items in CA before heading to AZ - this is from someone who previously could remember every last detail of everything she and everyone else around her had done, said, eaten, etc. Now, she is slowly including these little memory loss comments, leading up the BIGGEST memory loss of all - no recollection of the stabbings!!! Surprise, surprise!!

Let's hope JM can cure her memory loss today!!!!!

Go Juan - we've been waiting for you!

I wish I could hug Travis' sisters. I sure hope the jury isn't believing all this BS!

Hey JennyT, as an LE officer what did you make of Arias saying she didn't tell detective Flores about the sex because he was MORMON! I about fell out of my chair! No way she knew that :no:

He may have told her he was ( regardless if true or not) to build a rapour and appeal to her "moral faith based compass"

He was wasting his time... She hasn't one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was laughing at loud at her testimony yesterday. She wants everyone to believe that she has a huge memory lapse about the murder, but when she snaps out of it her first cognizant response is to start creating an alibi? It was comical.
Just jumping off your post as I have a question for anyone about this part of her testimony. I missed quite a bit yesterday, but saw this part of her testimony, where she talks about realizing that her life is now over and she goes into damage control mode.

Did she ever in her testimony yesterday express remorse for killing another human being or for killing the love of her life, or relief that she had gotten out of an "abusive" relationship alive, or even anger that he had "abused" her?

Let me make it clear, I don't think she was any of these things - remorseful, relieved, or abused, but I just expected her acting to have been better, more in line with what a "real" person would be feeling. Just wondering if I missed some feigned remorse or that was all there was to it.

Listen I get it that people have Casey Anthony PTSD.

But let me provide a little reality check.

The Casey Anthony trial was an anomaly, a FREAK OF NATURE, it's not what usually happens anywhere.

This is an entirely different case, different trial, different prosecution, a defendant who has already ADMITTED the killing. It's just more "understandable" for people to believe, generally that a freaky jealous pathological lying sociopath would kill their boyfriend than a mother would kill her own child (which of course we know CA did).

There are SO many elements of this trial that are different than that one.

This is also Arizona. We convict people here and sentence them to death.

The statistics are on the prosecution generally but especially in a case like this.

Casey Anthony was a sociopathic unicorn.

Jodi Arias will not be this lucky.

Mark my words.

I have entertained that thought as well but can't get past that during a prolonged period of time being held at gunpoint, small gun, small woman, he would have rushed her.

I agree. I really don't think that's how it happened, but I have wondered. I think she lured him in with sex again that day and he caved.

She is going to screw up bigtime today. Her answers are going to show she does remember. He will be firing questions at her so fast she wont be able to think of what she told Nurmi on direct.

IMO

I'm guessing that at some point JM will put out the pictures of the knife wounds to his body and one by one ask her if it jogs her memory at all. It'll be gross, but appropriate. JMO

:dunno:

1. turd polishing

The act of trying to make something hopelessly weak and unattractive appear strong and appealing. An impossible process that usually results in a larger, uglier turd.

:waitasec:

That doesn't make sense to you as a metaphoric example of what the defense is trying to do with Jodi?

When my husband heard her say she was body slammed he said "she's been watching too much WWF".

Exactly. When she talks about her supposed abuse, she's using buzzwords and phrases that she thinks will sound like real abuse, but she's outing herself as a liar because her narratives don't make any logical sense in terms of the way they would flow if she had actually experienced what she's describing. And her repetitive use of the same words and phrases over and over again (e.g. "spun me around") is very telling. She should have broadened her abuse vocabulary if she wanted her stories to sound even remotely plausible.

Maybe there's a business opportunity in this for anyone who wants to compile an Unabridged Dictionary of Realistic Sounding Abuse Terms for Psychopathic Murderesses. :angel:

If I cried as much as she (cough) did yesterday my eyes would be red and swollen for days.
When they do close ups of her you can see that her eyes are not swollen and white.

I know! I kept screaming over and over yesterday "She can't even cry about the horrible thing she did to Travis!!!" It was such a fake attempt.

I feel sorry for anyone who has ever come across this woman, even her attorneys. I believe deep down, they know she is guilty and I'm sure it's hard to defend someone who brutally killed another person.

I know I would not want to have to defend her.

didn't her male lawyer try to get off this case? does anyone know why?

Would not surprise me if she ended up throwing all of them under the bus after she is convicted and sentenced. It seems this is just the way she is.

they don't believe it 'deep down.' they KNOW she's guilty.

the judge has allowed nurmi to lead her, repeat questions ad nauseum, and go into areas that are completely irrelevant. i know she's done it to be cautious and hopefully avoid a successful appeal, but good lord, i've never seen a defense given this much leeway.

and i don't feel sorry for nurmi. he chose to be a defense lawyer---any prosecutor will tell you there's a lot more money in defense work.

Listen I get it that people have Casey Anthony PTSD.

But let me provide a little reality check.

The Casey Anthony trial was an anomaly, a FREAK OF NATURE, it's not what usually happens anywhere.

This is an entirely different case, different trial, different prosecution, a defendant who has already ADMITTED the killing. It's just more "understandable" for people to believe, generally that a freaky jealous pathological lying sociopath would kill their boyfriend than a mother would kill her own child (which of course we know CA did).

There are SO many elements of this trial that are different than that one.

This is also Arizona. We convict people here and sentence them to death.

The statistics are on the prosecution generally but especially in a case like this.

Casey Anthony was a sociopathic unicorn.

Jodi Arias will not be this lucky.

Mark my words.

You just made me feel SO MUCH BETTER! I can't get the smilies to work but I wanted to use the "on my knees praising you" one. :)

Is it possible she was holding him hostage the entire time she was there? Pointing the gun at him, making him take pictures of her, her taking pictures of him with the KY Jelly so conveniently in the picture? I've wondered this for awhile now. There is no proof they actually had sex that day. In her sick mind, she could have had this plan all conjured up, making it look like all of this happened, that he wanted her there, yada yada yada.

I for one have always thought that a possible scenario.

OH :-( I just saw Travis' sister, that little girl looks like she's trying so hard to not cry, I hate what JA and her lawyer are allowed to do to this family. OMG SHE WAS JUST ASKED IF SHE HAS FORGIVEN TRAVIS!!! WTH IS THAT ABOUT????

They are just doing their jobs, don't blame them for trying to defend their client. Under the Law, they are allowed to pull out all the stops in order to get their client off.

No matter how awful it is, they were hired to do their jobs.

Seriously Sleuths - does Juan even need to cross?

What does he need to say? JA did it all for him. Even untrained folks here can itemize the list of JA inconsistencies she has testified to. Not being flippant.

I think he has to make clear that her new story (thanks Nurmi!) doesn't match the forensics. I have CA trial trauma where the jury wanted the dots all connected for them. The Prosecution made the mistake (although it was clear to most!) of giving the jury too much credit for critical thinking. He should not go overboard, but he does need to get it clear for everyone.

Good morning family!! They just showed that picture of TA again on IS. The one of him in the shower, looking into the camera. It haunts me!! He's crying in that picture or I am not a Cherokee! The redness in his eyes is NOT from the shower!! I am surprised that this picture has not been discussed more. Look into his eyes!! He's terrified in that pic! :(

It has been discussed, I don't see fear at all. I see him posing. To me that's more eerie ... I don't think he has ANY idea whats coming. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay