jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 9TH DAY #48 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for this! I watched that live yesterday and was incredulous, but seeing it again... OMG. That moment of laughter and self-pleasing says EVERYTHING about this unusual person

thank you Sleuth13 for the exact moment. just. speechless.

Holy COW! I did not see that yesterday. I have never wanted to hit a person so badly:furious:. Screaming at her, he was FAR from screaming and he is not "grilling" her he is trying to make that MONSTER we all know is in there come out.

I hope and pray that her little antics do not work with the men on the jury. It is scary to think she can use her little antics and sex appeal to get to them. IMO:banghead:

Legal question here:

Nurmi and Palin (can never remember her name) looked genuinely mortified by the encrypted magazine entries as they were flipping through.

Question: wouldn't they have already seen this?? Wouldn't they have received copies of the evidence beforehand that Juan planned to submit as evidence? Isn't that part of discovery? Very naive to the legal formalities of that process. Help me out. Thanks!

When looking at the magazines, Nurmi reminded me of the 12-year-old boy with the Playboy stuck inside of the Life magazine ...

Question to the legal eagles or others who work in the courts systems.

Do you think it's an ethical breach for a person working directly within the court system on a trial to be posting on a message board such as this and posting strong opinions against one side and specifically one attorney in the case?

Just curious.

holy cannoli Koolaid - lady!!!! WTH?

I was thinking....the defense would have been smart to rest after the states CIC.

Was that possible with a self defense claim in AZ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a map of her travels ? I mean as an evidence exhibit? It would help jurors immensely. The names of places and the number of miles doesn't have quite the same impact IMO. Seeing it... Wow.

Yes- Linda great idea. I have been wondering how many days she was on the road during this trip.

So sorry for what you went through. You must have been married to my ex that tried to do the same thing to me.

I may have been, he did it to his second wife for the same thing. I'm sorry about your dreadful experience.

I think her lawyer should not object to anything JM says and let her continue to talk.

She's doing a fine job herself.

She's not as smart as she thinks she is, but I agree that she's doing a fine job herself.

(From memory and not perfectly quoted)
JM: "On your way to kill Mr. Alexander, did you..."
DT: *crickets*
JA: "I can't answer that question the way it's phrased."

There were a few other similar moments. The judge, on the other hand, probably should have spoken up a few times when JA answered as if an objection had actually been made and sustained.

ETA: It's moot anyway. She's toast.

Holy COW! I did not see that yesterday. I have never wanted to hit a person so badly:furious:. Screaming at her, he was FAR from screaming and he is not "grilling" her he is trying to make that MONSTER we all know is in there come out.

I hope and pray that her little antics do not work with the men on the jury. It is scary to think she can use her little antics and sex appeal to get to them. IMO:banghead:

If I were sitting on that jury, that would have sealed the deal for me watching her pull that prank...that look said "oh a jury would never convict me"...don't you see? I win!
Wrong, Jodi, you so lose....I cannot believe people can't see her games! She is so obvious!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When looking at the magazines, Nurmi reminded me of the 12-year-old boy with the Playboy stuck inside of the Life magazine ...

lol. I screen capped that last night but didn't post it.

j96l20.jpg

I was thinking....the defense would have been smart to rest after the states CIC.

Was that possible with a self defense claim in AZ?

How is your eye?

I am wondering why Donavan became pale and left the courtroom suddenly when the magazines came up. Could be she just realized just how dangerous Jodi is?

Also wondering if anyone saw the moment when she got up from her seat, leaned over the railing and passed a note/small paper to the sheriff?

Question to the legal eagles or others who work in the courts systems.

Do you think it's an ethical breach for a person working directly within the court system on a trial to be posting on a message board such as this and posting strong opinions against one side and specifically one attorney in the case?

Just curious.

I just wanted to toss my thoughts out there on this. I see nothing legally or ethically wrong about this. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if its stupid;)

<modsnip>

??????

3/4 of the day was spent with Arias forgetting what she said and having to read it over. It fits with her ability to lie but her inability to remember the details when they are out of linear order.

It looked bad.:twocents: (esp after her word soup... lie litanies for the past 8 days)

What I meant was is that any time a witness is asked about prior testimony, even from the day before, the exact testimony is typically read by the attorney doing the questioning, verbatim. If it's paraphrased, the witness or their counsel will typically ask to review the testimony if it's about anything other than general context. A few days ago, someone asked about when the lawyers are receiving the trial transcripts for preparation. One of the things I mentioned is that the rough transcript is sufficient for prep, but the actual final transcript will be needed for cross. This is why. You can't cross a witness without a verbatim transcript unless the witness and his or her counsel allows it. Typically, they would allow it for context -- like "do you remember yesterday we talked about what happened on the day of Lonnie's baptism" just for example. But if the questioning goes to the substance of the prior testimony, the verbatim transcript would typically be read by counsel doing the questioning and/or shown to the witness. If the witness or counsel asks, the court would always allow the witness to review the verbatim transcript before answering a question about prior testimony. That's what I meant about SOP and why Juan would certainly have anticipated Jodi reviewing her prior testimony any time she was asked about it. That would apply to any witness - regardless of their capacity to lie or remember. jmo

One thing this is showing us is Jodi does not act on impulse. Her actions are thought out and planned. Including the murder.

IMO, IS did itself in by not being reporters of the trials, but commentators. The difference being a commentator has a definite opinion. It's obvious IS only did/does trials from the Prosecutor POV.

Did anyone catch Dr. Drew last night? Travis's friend was discussing the picture we were discussing yesterday. He said the picture was NOT a pose Travis would have done and that he noticed he was also crying. He tried doing a shower and his eyes didn't get red like Travis's were in that picture. It was interesting.

How is your eye?

Went to the doctor, he wrote a script for antibiotics...said only fill it if it doesn't start getting better or jumps to the other eye. So... Me and my eyeball are gonna be just fine! He thinks its viral, said my sinuses backed up into my eye. I said like a toilet? He laughed...said yeah, exactly like a toilet. Lol

Thank you for asking!

I think the defense seriously did not know about the penciled in 'messages' in the magazine.
(and I'm very interested in if her 'friend' who was supposed to pass that to is sweating this)

I only know the Texas prison system and items given to or accepted from a prisoner.
(My half brother is in the system) He can not directly receive any reading material unless it comes DIRECTLY from the publishing company, or a direct subscription (such as USAToday)
His outgoing mail is read and approved and stamped on the inside flap of the envelope before being sent. His incoming mail is read and approved. Some things I'm shocked he can say in correspondence. (He's in a segregation unit because of gang affiliation)

But, I wonder if JA did this stunt with the magazines, what else has she done while in jail?

Juan made sure to point out that Jodi received the mags directly from the publisher. This was important so she could not claim the notes were there beforehand.

And then Jodi filled out the paperwork necessary to pass those mags off to a friend through a "courier" currently visiting her.

Now here's the interesting thing. The guards did inspect the magazines and did give the mags to the recipient, per Jaun's comments. And then the mags were then given back to police or prosecution. By WHOM?? That's what I want to know.

I think the guards let the mags pass because they were instructed to do so and then go send out someone to "trail" the mags and see where they went. By letting the mags pass they were getting proof of her incriminating herself. Had they stopped the process during interception then she could later claim they were random notes not intended for anyone.

So....who turned her in??? The courier? Matt??? Who?

Her emotional IQ seems to be stunted back around 10-12 years old? Back at a young age when she does not seem to have matured beyond that like most people do.

The games, the type of e-mail, her ideas on how a relationship should be, she just goes from man to man trying to set up house and have everything nice and neat. Then most of them figure out fairly quickly something is wrong with her. Even Travis did. But sadly in his case, I think she "obsessed" over him much more than the others which is why the others got to live.

It is absolutely frightening her need to "confront" men and women in all of her relationships once she feels she was wronged. I am not saying we have not felt the need once in our lives to confront someone, nothing unusual about that.

However, how many of us would get in the car and drive 2 hours to do it without batting and eye, then need to sleep in various guys places on our gypsy travels back to Yreka.

Then drive 1280 miles in a massive detour on the way to Utah (I say that sarcastically, it was not a detour, she wants us to think it was an afterthought to go 700 miles out of her way, instead of straight across to Utah.

She was on a mission to murder someone. I think the amount of planning is startling.

I agree, something is missing in her and never seemed to develope, rather than learn empathy and loving and loosing and reall emotions, she learned how to speak using big words and how to mold herself to fit situations but not normal things. It would be fascinating if all of it didn't result in murder.

I wonder how many of them were actually cheating or if it was all in her head. I'm going with the latter. I think she was insecure and any female that spoke to one of her boyfriends immediately became a threat in her mind.

Or.. Were they really "boyfriends" or a string of sexual encounters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makaylaj