Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a new tape out, gun firsters. I saw it on Nancy Grace. It's the police interrogation of Jodi Arias. Here's a small tidbit:

POLICE: I know. You were probably standing above him when he was in the shower, and you shot him in the head.

Arias:I was kneeling down beside him looking at the pictures.

POLICE: Jodi, and then you had a knife and you stabbed him several times. Yes you did, Jodi.

Thought you'd like to see that. It sounds....so....familiar.

Thanks. That is definitely not a socked foot in the photo, either. It's the shadow of the back of Travis' head. I don't know why people can't see that. You can see a piece of hair in the shadow, just jutting out from the supposed "toe."

There may be a reason why you're the only person who sees that. Because it is quite clearly a foot. Even people who thinks it's a left foot acknowledge that it's a foot. It is too 3D looking to be just a shadow. I also pointed out that your gap is just a photo grain.

There's a new tape out, gun firsters. I saw it on Nancy Grace. It's the police interrogation of Jodi Arias. Here's a small tidbit:

POLICE: I know. You were probably standing above him when he was in the shower, and you shot him in the head.

Arias:I was kneeling down beside him looking at the pictures.

POLICE: Jodi, and then you had a knife and you stabbed him several times. Yes you did, Jodi.

Thought you'd like to see that. It sounds....so....familiar.

Thanks Molly, I didn't see her show tonight, if I can't catch it in rerun later tonight I'll look for it on HLN's site.

Can you see his ear in that photo right above her shoe or am I losing my mind? What if what we think is the back of his head is really her other foot. And, that wide swash that looks like blood is actually his neck and we are not looking at blood but at the wound itself?

What you think is her foot is the shadow of the back or side of Travis' head. The reason this picture is so confusing is because a shadow of her pants on his back makes a long sweep that in these dark photos looks like her pants. It's not. These are shadows from the light coming in from behind the camera.

I'm not sure the neck wound occurred there on the carpet. If anyone has had the misfortune of viewing a neck cut or beheading the amount of blood that comes out is immense. In two puddles that converge together. It would be much more blood than this. But I guess I can't tell scale from this picture although I have seen the woman holding it up in court. And I guess it would depend on how much soaked into the carpet. But even when you spill a drink on carpet it spreads out in a large area before it soaks in. So I just don't know. It could have happened on the tile and her clean up made the place no so obvious? Did they touch on this in court?

Here you go! :)

For these reconstructions of the murder photo, I adjusted the position of Jodi's foot to match the tile grout lines and added an image of Travis' on his back. I added your scenario (scenario 1) to compare with the state's scenario that the big foot in the foreground is Jodi's right foot.

I like your scenario (big foot in foreground is Jodi's left foot), in that it give us something to trigger the camera: either by her right foot kicking it, or her right hand snapping it. When I was drawing this reconstruction, I had a brief chill up my spine that Jodi may have actually deliberately snapped the photo. But if she wanted to take a photo of the murder in progress, it seems she could have had a more direct angle than this rather awkward angle. She may have accidentally snapped the photo with her right hand, but I'm still not there yet that she would be hanging onto that camera while committing a brutal, very physical, unplanned knife murder.

On the other hand, with the state's scenario (big foot in foreground is Jodi's right foot), there is nothing to trigger the camera. It does appear odd that the camera is just sitting back by itself, watching the murder, and then decides to click off a very damning photo on its own. I do, however, like the positioning of Jodi's feet around Travis' body while she inflicts her mayhem upon him. Reenacting the feet positioning, it looks like a very natural placement for balance and leverage to execute a stabbing upon someone struggling on his back.

What do others think????

Dave

How do you account for that back that, in the pictures, we can see some of Travis' back in what people keep saying is her foot?

There may be a reason why you're the only person who sees that. Because it is quite clearly a foot. Even people who thinks it's a left foot acknowledge that it's a foot. It is too 3D looking to be just a shadow. I also pointed out that your gap is just a photo grain.

I'm not the only one. Someone else said they saw it, too. You don't have to believe it. And I already said it was her left foot. You're entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. Turn the photo black and white and see what you see.

In a video Jodi talked about kicking the family dog who ran away. Where is Travises dog?

The Trajectory for the bullet through the skull does not match up real well with him sitting in the shower. To get from the where the bullet entered the Frontal Bone to where it re-entered the Ethmoid Bone at midline, is a very steep angle. Too steep for her to be 3-4ft back from him (which would put the gun at the 2ft minimum distance). I've taken a skull apart and looked at it. It is much steeper than many perceive it to be. So, I disagree that the trajectory matches up perfectly with how he was positioned in the last known picture of him.

Are you practiced in reading xrays? What do you make of what the attached says about the trajectory? Can we say the bright white area at the forehead area represents the initial trajectory?

Also, can we say if that white elliptical pattern extending from the forehead is related to the gunshot?

Attachments

• autopsy photo xray2.jpg
    autopsy photo xray2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 23
View attachment 31114

Hope this works. Just wanted to point out that what some are seeing as a "flesh gap" are actually grains from the camera from being retrieved from the SIM card. I hope you can see the arrows I drew. The red arrows show the initial gap some are seeing and the white arrows show the other gaps in the picture.

This picture even more clearly shows that her foot is facing 90 degrees more the other way than everyone is saying.

No knives missing from his house. No knives in his house match the wounds. Where did the knife come from?

It's also possible that she planned to use two weapons to support her two person killing story.

Absolutely - you hit the nail right on the head. First, it would be easier to drag a body face up than face down because the arms are easier to manipulate in that position - secondly, yes, she could have used the arms to hold his head - and NO, indeed, she would not want to look at what she had done. Bravo, sir - you should be a crime scene investigator. :clap::clap:

She may have been dragging him like that, but I think she did like looking at it. She always looks at the autopsy photos in court.

Are you practiced in reading xrays? What do you make of what the attached says about the trajectory? Can we say the bright white area at the forehead area represents the initial trajectory?

Also, can we say if that white elliptical pattern extending from the forehead is related to the gunshot?

I think that is the entry wound. The ME said it was above his right brow. Looks like Jodi must have been standing a little behind him.

The foot picture is taken at the end of the hallway right next to the carpet. See the attachment below and notice the matching tile pattern in the two pictures.

Thanks. Saying the middle of the hallway was probably too far down for what I was actually meaning. I used the wrong phrase, sorry. I was trying to say that it was all tile around that picture, which makes it hard to see that his throat was cut on the carpet.

If the tile is the spot where she cut his throat as that picture was being taken, then it's hard to see how he struggled to the carpet.

But thanks because you showed just how close it was to the carpet.

Also for those asking about the last photo, it's his back somehow lifted up off the floor. Somebody else here did a blow up comparison to the foot photo and you can see that the blood streaks down the back match up well. I've attached below.

This picture is awesome. The last one on the right really illustrates what I have seen in these pictures. you can see her heel facing the camera and it's leaning a little to the left (of the picture) as if she is yanking travis with all her might and her body might be leaning into that wall.

I'm not sure the neck wound occurred there on the carpet. If anyone has had the misfortune of viewing a neck cut or beheading the amount of blood that comes out is immense. In two puddles that converge together. It would be much more blood than this. But I guess I can't tell scale from this picture although I have seen the woman holding it up in court. And I guess it would depend on how much soaked into the carpet. But even when you spill a drink on carpet it spreads out in a large area before it soaks in. So I just don't know. It could have happened on the tile and her clean up made the place no so obvious? Did they touch on this in court?

I've seen a couple of pictures with the carpet removed and the the carpet and the pad removed. The pad was soaked through. The sub-floor was also soaked. The had to take a out a large section of carpet. Some of it was because fo the tracks, but the piece is even larger than that. It appears the the blood soaked through the carpet and into the pad. That makes the amount deceiving. There is also the fact that he had lost some blood previously, but I don't think this is a major player.

Another difficulty is it appears there was something on the carpet underneath his body south of the stain. There should be a stain on the carpet from where the carpet starts to the stain, but there's not. So there could have been lots of blood spilled at that point that didn't reach the carpet.

Thanks. Saying the middle of the hallway was probably too far down for what I was actually meaning. I used the wrong phrase, sorry. I was trying to say that it was all tile around that picture, which makes it hard to see that his throat was cut on the carpet.

If the tile is the spot where she cut his throat as that picture was being taken, then it's hard to see how he struggled to the carpet.

But thanks because you showed just how close it was to the carpet.

I actually got it wrong, it's really a little bit farther down the hall.
Jodi Arias; the sequence of events - Page 95 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here's what I put together yesterday. I think this is the match, as the tile grouting matches in addition to the tile marbling. In the comparison you found, the tile grouting does not match.

Here I've compared two scenarios: one in which the foot in the photo is Jodi's right foot (state's scenario) and one in which the foot is her left foot (potential for knocking the camera with her right foot).

Btw, I think I'm in 'right' camp.... ;)

Dave

I'm also a "right foot"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics