Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to be argumentative - but the testimony was (and the facts of the testimony were) that all the knives in the knife sets were accounted for.

I believe it's impossible to account for all the knives in a household. Most people have sets, individual knives, left overs from an older set, etc. Plus many will have hunting knives, utility knives as well as knives used for various functions other than cooking / serving - most of which are individual pieces and may not be stored in a kitchen.

It looked like when they laid all the knives out that were in the house, there were only enough to fit in the knife block. You are expecting the jury to believe that he had one knife set and only one extra big, extra sharp knife that was conveniently the one Travis used to cut the rope? That is quite a stretch there. Re: the extra, non-kitchen knives. Well, Travis was not a hunter. If he had other random knives laying around, I might entertain his thought, but I haven't heard anything of the sort. Seems all the knives he had were present and accounted for.

I'm glad somebody else can see this. I don't know if the gun was first or the stab to the heart, but he surely had to be unable to do anything when she was cutting through his throat. It was more than just a quick slash in order to go through almost to the spinal cord.

I believe the knife used was professionally sharpened. Most people do not have such knives in their kitchens.

Nancy Grace just presented it. They showed that front face picture of him looking horrified in the shower. They had arrows to the [his] right eye. I had to look at it for a bit to see what they were talking about. If you looked directly at his pupil, it did kind of look like you could see two people standing side by side with a space in between them. Spooky.

When it's blown up on the tv screen, it's easier to see.

The person who found this was mentioned by name but was not a guest. So she just threw that out there at the end of a segment.

I, too, have always had a gut feel that she brought along one of the boyfriends to help. But, as far as I know there is no evidence of that. Were there any unidentified footprints? Or any strange bruises on his body as if he were restrained?

IMO

You do realize Nancy Grace is for pure entertainment purposes correct?

I was playing around with some more crime scene reconstructions. See what you think....

Dave

Attachments

• Death scene slide 1.jpg
    Death scene slide 1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 44
  • Death scene slide 2.jpg
    Death scene slide 2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 46
You do realize Nancy Grace is for pure entertainment purposes correct?
Too bad NG herself doesn't seem to know this. But I also kept thinking there had to be an accomplice. Of course all have convinced me I am wrong.

As far as the last photo, it is a bit of a mystery why Jodi chose to pivot the body around with head oriented toward the shower for dragging (if we accept this photo as depicting Travis' back and the general camera location).

Based on my death scene reconstruction (above), Jodi seems to have made an initial attempt to move the body face down. She tried in two slightly different directions according to the residual blood trail from the neck wound. For some reason, she may have found this difficult, perhaps due to the slippery floor (?)

For whatever reason, she turned the body over on its back, and pivoted with head now toward the shower for the dragging. In looking more closely at the dragging photo, I feel more comfortable with the notion that this is, indeed, Travis' back and he is being dragged by his arms. The photo is a bit deceptive in that it doesn't convey the full size of his body. It's been asked why Travis' head isn't dangling backward in the photo. One possible explanation is that Jodi is pulling Travis with his arms crisscrossed such that the head is resting on the arms rather than dangling backward. Jodi may not have particularly wanted to see Travis' gaping wound. It would have been a hideous sight, splayed open with head dangling backward....

Dave

Attachments

• Last photo.jpg
    Last photo.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 28
As far as the last photo, it is a bit of a mystery why Jodi chose to pivot the body around with head oriented toward the shower for dragging (if we accept this photo as depicting Travis' back and the general camera location).

Based on my death scene reconstruction (above), Jodi seems to have made an initial attempt to move the body face down. She tried in two slightly different directions according to the residual blood trail from the neck wound. For some reason, she may have found this difficult, perhaps due to the slippery floor (?)

For whatever reason, she turned the body over on its back, and pivoted with head now toward the shower for the dragging. In looking more closely at the dragging photo, I feel more comfortable with the notion that this is, indeed, Travis' back and he is being dragged by his arms. The photo is a bit deceptive in that it doesn't convey the full size of his body. It's been asked why Travis' head isn't dangling backward in the photo. One possible explanation is that Jodi is pulling Travis with his arms crisscrossed such that the head is resting on the arms rather than dangling backward. Jodi may not have particularly wanted to see Travis' gaping wound. It would have been a hideous sight, splayed open with head dangling backward....

Dave
Absolutely - you hit the nail right on the head. First, it would be easier to drag a body face up than face down because the arms are easier to manipulate in that position - secondly, yes, she could have used the arms to hold his head - and NO, indeed, she would not want to look at what she had done. Bravo, sir - you should be a crime scene investigator. :clap::clap:

Dave

Yes, I think you're quite right, very shortly she'd realize she had to flip him over to get him off the carpet. I still have a hard time with this picture (and seeing his body and not a sheet or duvet cover), but I'll keep staring at it. Thanks for all your work Dave, you've done a really great job in a short amount of time with the pics.

Dave

it looks to me like this is the bed sheet and she is using it to drag him. See the hole in the sheet by left corner area?

Yes, I think you're quite right, very shortly she'd realize she had to flip him over to get him off the carpet. I still have a hard time with this picture (and seeing his body and not a sheet or duvet cover), but I'll keep staring at it. Thanks for all your work Dave, you've done a really great job in a short amount of time with the pics.

I see the sheet too. Looks like the fitted one. There is hole in it.

Not wanting to be argumentative - but the testimony was (and the facts of the testimony were) that all the knives in the knife sets were accounted for.

I believe it's impossible to account for all the knives in a household. Most people have sets, individual knives, left overs from an older set, etc. Plus many will have hunting knives, utility knives as well as knives used for various functions other than cooking / serving - most of which are individual pieces and may not be stored in a kitchen.

Plus Travis was a relatively new homeowner. I imagine he went out and purchased everything for the home himself. He was very proud of his home. jmo

This is interesting, what led you to this belief?

I bought a knife from a knife maker for my own use. It has an edge that will cut effortlessly compared to my old kitchen stuff that is not taken care of and is not used much anymore now that I see the difference.

I bought a knife from a knife maker for my own use. It has an edge that will cut effortlessly compared to my old kitchen stuff that is not taken care of and is not used much anymore now that I see the difference.

Thank you sacrablue that is the type of answer was looking for. I was wondering what made you feel that the knife was 'professionally sharpened' as opposed to just sharpened at home.

As you already are aware, new knives of high quality are very sharp and also these days you can buy knife sharpeners that give an amazing edge.

I thought perhaps you had information regarding bone scrapes or cuts or muscle damage reports from the autopsy that would reveal a specific knife.

Plus Travis was a relatively new homeowner. I imagine he went out and purchased everything for the home himself. He was very proud of his home. jmo
Yes, recall his beautiful office. So sad for him . :(

Granted, tempting. But just how tempting, really?

He had told several people including Mimi that he was "not temple worthy" which is the Mormon expression for being on probation and under counsel: Thus, he had taken a very decisive step.

The very kind of step that is known to make stalkers resort to murder.

Taken together with all that had gone down (slashed tires, hacking, email to Lisa, etc. ) and his seeking help from the church, on top of his very firm email of May 26 where he told her he realized she was a sociopath, without regard for others' privacy, and his blog post about turning 30, getting serious, finding a wife, and sticking to his values - Moreover, that he had told a church elder that if he didn't show up for the weekly Sunday dinner, that all should assume he had been murdered - it still seems very, very, very foolhardy and downright reckless. I just find it hard to believe. Think on it.....does it really make sense to you?

I don't know how much of this actually happened or was hearsay, but I don't put it past anyone to get tempted into having sex just one more time.

I see what you mean, I can see the edge of the pant leg and his shoulder through the shadow. Good catch, WM. :)

I think the best view of this (and probably all of the pics) is when JM has them up and the courtroom camera shows them on the big screen, you can see much more detail but it's hard to get a screen shot as the camera is usually focusing on the witness seated below.

Thanks. That is definitely not a socked foot in the photo, either. It's the shadow of the back of Travis' head. I don't know why people can't see that. You can see a piece of hair in the shadow, just jutting out from the supposed "toe."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod