Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched HLN After Dark tonight where they had a mock-up of the crime scene, and someone pointed out that there is no blood from the bathroom down the hallway till you get to the end of the hallway where there is that huge spot of blood. How could that be if he was shot in the bathroom and ran down that hall chasing after JA or even crawled out of the shower after he was shot and crawled down that hallway? They also pointed out that after TA supposedly body slammed her and she rolled to the left, she would still have had to pass right by TA in a very tight space. He could have stopped her before she got past him and into that closet if it happened the way she said it did. Also, I think it would be very hard, if not impossible, to step out of the shower with wet feet and pick someone up and body slam them. I cannot figure out how this happened, but I'm convinced she went there with the intention of killing him if he didn't change his mind about taking her to Cancun. He wouldn't change his mind even after the afternoon of sex, so she carried out Plan B.

I think what they said was there was no blood spatter.

Meaning--she didn't stab or shoot him in the hallway.

IMO

The defense should call Dr. Baden. Having a forensic pathologist of his stature poke holes in the prosecution's case would only help JA. If this forum is any indication, two thirds of the people on the jury are willing to accept the ME's opinion as gospel, disregarding all evidence to the contrary. In other words, two-thirds of the jurors will not accept JA's version of events because of the ME's testimony. The defense needs to completely refute the ME's opinion with another expert. And apparently there is no shortage of such experts who have reviewed the autopsy report and disagree with the ultimate conclusion of the ME that TA could not have sustained defensive wounds to his hands after suffering the gunshot wound.

I think this forum represents real life pretty accurately. 2/3 of the general population are inclined to follow the sheep off the cliff, no questions asked, while about 1/3 tend to think out of the box and have no issue with "questioning authority". :facepalm: lol...i think.

So, if that's true, that means she meant to document his murder on film. And, when things went wrong and she had to resort to the knife, she knew he was not able to put up much of a fight, or she would not have continued to hold the camera.

He was so disabled by the gunshot that it was like shooting fish in a barrel at that point.:furious:

IMO
She is a photographer. She likes to document her life in pictures. I am sure she taunted him with this all the while.

The defense should call Dr. Baden. Having a forensic pathologist of his stature poke holes in the prosecution's case would only help JA. If this forum is any indication, two thirds of the people on the jury are willing to accept the ME's opinion as gospel, disregarding all evidence to the contrary. In other words, two-thirds of the jurors will not accept JA's version of events primarily because of the ME's testimony. The defense needs to completely refute the ME's opinion with another expert. And apparently there is no shortage of such experts who have reviewed the autopsy report and disagree with the ultimate conclusion of the ME that TA could not have sustained defensive wounds to his hands after suffering the gunshot wound.

That's not going to help the Prosecution, and I don't know about you, but I want to help the Prosecution.

The Prosecution needs to own this themselves.

I'm more afraid the Jury will just get confused. And, a confused Jury is a hung Jury.

IMO

I think this forum represents real life pretty accurately. 2/3 of the general population are inclined to follow the sheep off the cliff, no questions asked, while about 1/3 tend to think out of the box and have no issue with "questioning authority". :facepalm: lol...i think.

Haha... you just cracked me up! :)

I really hated how she had to peek thru her Cousin It hair shield at every autopsy photo put up on the screen. It creeped me out. So many thoughts were going thru my head as to why she would want to see them. I know she remembers inflicting these wounds, I know she remebers it all. It was like she had to see her handiwork for another victorious thrill or satisfaction that she "won". (As she dabbed her nose with tissue) It was disturbing and i'm sure the jurors must have thought the same.

That's not going to help the Prosecution, and I don't know about you, but I want to help the Prosecution.

The Prosecution needs to own this themselves.

I'm more afraid the Jury will just get confused. And, a confused Jury is a hung Jury.

IMO

I know. I was directing my frustration at the prosecution at first. But maybe the prosecution really didn't have input into the ME's determination and is now stuck with the ME's sequence of events, as some have suggested. In that case, I don't think there is much the prosecution can do to fix the situation, except maybe call Dr. Baden themselves. ;)

Dr. Horn's claim that the bullet 'had to pass thru the frontal lobe' has no merit. He has chosen a stance, yet can't back it up even with his own autopsy report. He has no forensic evidence to prove his claim, actually he documented just the opposite. Sketch.

Really? Then can you tell us how a bullet can make a hole in the frontal skull and not hit the frontal lobe?

Yep. I was amazed. It was like she was reading here. :what:

Or maybe YOU are LKB. lol

HLN After Dark was very good tonight. They did a mock up of the crime scene. I was shocked at how small it was. I had pictured it in my head as much bigger.

The hallway from the bathroom was much shorter than I had envisioned it. Vinnie covered the whole hallway in about 4 and a half steps. And, he wasn't running. The closet is the same length, of course, and likewise, much smaller than I had pictured it. When you see a man in these spaces, there is no way her story makes sense. Also the bathroom was much smaller than I thought. There was hardly any room for him to do his flying linebacker lunge at her even if she had her back to the wall which she said she did not.

Maybe JM can borrow that crime scene set up. Also, the Defense atty's tonight said even if your client is lying, the blood tells the story. I haven't really seen a good description of the blood spatter. For instance, they said there was no blood spatter in the hallway--it was all in the bathroom...? Does anyone know where we can get a better description of the blood spatter? Was there a blood spatter expert for the prosecution?

One desturbing thing tonight: they had their Jury deliberate the question of the night--Did Travis attack Jody?

It was a hung Jury. Ten said no but two women said yes.

That's not good.

IMO

Day 5 Lisa Perry. And yes there is lots of blood in the hallway. It may have been the site of most of the blood. She tried to clean it up, but there's still a lot.

Really? Then can you tell us how a bullet can make a hole in the frontal skull and not hit the frontal lobe?
Asked and answered Smelly. The trajectory. Entry point and end point. His own written autopsy report. Rinse and repeat. It was a facial injury.

Day 5 Lisa Perry. And yes there is lots of blood in the hallway. It may have been the site of most of the blood. She tried to clean it up, but there's still a lot.

They were talking about blood spatter, not blood.

I don't know if it's true, but they said no blood spatter in the hallway.

IMO

Thank ycu. Do you know what this felony murder thing is that people keep talking about? They act as if it a law special to Arizona.

I think that's been discussed in the Legal Question thread. It's murder while committing another felony. I'm confused by it myself because the indictment says the felony is burglary. They haven't discussed any burglary really.

But I think the indictment isn't the final word. The final charges presented to the jury don't necessarily have to be the ones in the indictment.

I think that's been discussed in the Legal Question thread. It's murder while committing another felony. I'm confused by it myself because the indictment says the felony is burglary. They haven't discussed any burglary really.

But I think the indictment isn't the final word. The final charges presented to the jury don't necessarily have to be the ones in the indictment.

She stole his gun! :floorlaugh:

Ah...that would be ironic.

IMO

I wonder about that as well. In my opinion, JA must have been carrying the camera in her right hand for the entire one minute and 46 second time period. It just doesn't make sense that the camera would've reached the end of the hallway and been positioned so perfectly to take those last two bleeding photos unless the camera was still in her hand.

I think she did all of the stabbing with her left hand while holding the camera. TA was severely injured by the gunshot wound, so she didn't have to use both hands when wielding the knife to finish the job.

In the last shower photo I imagine him being in that submissive position trying to talk her down or plead with her. She then shoots him in the head, tries to shoot him again, and the gun jams. While sitting in a shower and turning your head at the last minute instinctively... how would you position your head?

I believe JA had the gun in her left hand and the camera in her right. She is left handed and it's a right handed camera.

While backing up from TA coming up towards her from a sitting position, her right arm would instinctively go up in a defensive position with the camera aiming towards the ceiling. I believe that's when the blurred ceiling photo was taken.

The camera ended up at the end of the hallway when she bolted out of the bathroom with the jammed gun and camera to get the knife. Dropping it in the hallway. By shooting him once already she was now committed.

It's during this time that TA goes to the sink. I can't see TA heading to the sink to check his wound in the mirror while JA is trying to stab him to death.

This is just my theory, of course, based on what I've seen and heard.

They were talking about blood spatter, not blood.

I don't know if it's true, but they said no blood spatter in the hallway.

IMO

All blood stains are blood spatter. Are you talking about a certain kind of spatter?

All blood stains are blood spatter. Are you talking about a certain kind of spatter?

Yeah, they were talking about spatter from the knife or gun.

So they were saying no knife or gun used in the hallway.

But, I was thinking, those back wounds, they said they were like slices all in the same direction-- That he wouldn't have been moving or moving quickly and unable to defend himself any longer. Those wounds might not create spatter. So maybe they were done while he was crawling through the hallway. [I'm thinking that, HLN did not say that].

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member