Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so did she shoot him as he was bending over the sink???? and not the shower???

Travis coughing or sneezing because of blood in his throat. Gunshot can also cause this blood splatter but IMO doesn't fit everything else we know.

Travis was bleeding prior to gunshot. (I just can't call him a blood source again. :()

Sidebar.

January 10, 2013
Afternoon testimony
Biology expert still on the stand

#94 Photo of the bathroom wall, tiled floor, bloodstains. Unable to determine if they are passive or active bloodstains. More blood droplets and unable to determine if they are related to the other droplets. These particular droplets...not able to tell if they are active or passive drops, they aren't "as pretty". Expert does not want to offer an opinion.
#95, bathroom scale, has blood on top of and underneath. Scale was observed at the scene and then tested at the lab. The bottom of the scale was not tested, the reddish substance was on the floor and the scale over top of it. This scale is made from a clear material so that you can see the floor through it. The scale had been moved onto the bloodstain.
#96, corner of bathroom, waste basket in corner. Paper towl and two empty toilet paper tubles. Tests indicate blood on objects found in waste paper basket. Unknown how many events are involved in all of these blood stains.
#93, larger photo of bathroom showing double sink area.
#98, Sink to the north, has a lot of blood spatter on it. The coloration on the edge is different than other blood stains on the sink. Blood may be diluted with water.
#100, another photo of the sink. Blood is dripping down the front edge of the sink. Blood is from a transfer from a blood source to a non blood source. At some point something came by and swiped/wiped it.
#102 & #105. photos of the blood on/in the sink. Blood source would be above the sink. The blood source was moving over the sink. Blood drops are a function of gravity.
Blood on the ledge of the sink would be "movement oriented".
#103 & #104, Inside the bowl of the sink, the blood source would have been above the sink. There are droplets and some of them have merged together due to the curvature of the sink. The blood source would have been moving.
--The swiping pattern on the edge of the sink could have happened concurrently with the drops in the sink.
#98, photo of sink, area near the mirror, there is blood spatter on the mirror. The pattern is categorized as being active blood.
#100, photo of sink, blood stains in an area on the left side of the mirror, pattern is spatter. The expert witness circled the area where the blood on the mirror was.
#103, Heavier drops in sink, could be part of the passive drops that are found in the bottom of the sink.
#101, How come some drops are dripping and some aren't. Due to some drops being larger and gravity pulls them down. A mechanism could be coughing or sneezing or air forcing blood from the wound. A wound or a laceration to the head could have caused the stain or a gunshot wound.
#114, Gun casing laying in a blood stain. Blood stain was there then the casing landed on the blood. Blood source was already bleeding prior to the gunshot. Prosecution: "Was the blood source already bleeding before the casing found it's way onto the blood?" Expert: "Yes"

Yes it does depend on state. Im not sure as to what the laws in Arizona are but in NC they do not and i know Massachusetts they do not.

I was a realtor way back when, and you did not have to disclose in that state. I don't think you have to in Virginia, either. If you KNOW and you are asked point blank, then that may be different. I think some states have a time limit - like CA, where you have to disclose if it happened in the last 3 yrs, I think? But there is definitely no federal law - there is one to the contrary saying that it is not required.

She used the cup to splash water around on the floor!

That copy paper box always gets to me. Bloody water...ugh.

With so much diluted blood means she had to dump water around. And since a cup was found in the shower I bet that's how she cleaned the bathroom up.

There's that awful cardbox box that makes it look like inches of blood were all over the floor. I love how she explains the difference between the water and the blood being absorbed by the box. Clear line of demarcation.

question I havent heard asked or answered:

when he was found, was the water still running? reading all this, he wasnt found until 5 days later....so was the water running fir 5 days? or did JA turn it off after she put him in there and turned on the water to rinsed him off?

Her opinion is its either lacerated head or aspirated blood that caused misting to sink. Large accumulation of blood at linen closet - looks like large amount, Travis likely to have been in that spot for some time but unable to give any specifics.

Travis was moving around the room based on blood spatter. She can't say how fast. In linen closet there's a box that shows water and blood combined had seeped into the bottom. Demarcation lines are very red still - concludes it's a lot more than a drop of blood in that area.

We're onto the hallway now...

question I havent heard asked or answered:

when he was found, was the water still running? reading all this, he wasnt found until 5 days later....so was the water running fir 5 days? or did JA turn it off after she put him in there and turned on the water to rinsed him off?

Not to be too gross but if the water had been continuously running for those days Travis's body would be in much worse shape. Instead his fingertips were dry and starting to mummify.

Hallway, Item 6 - was that where a hair was found?

I think this is one of the best witnesses so far. She is really driving home the brutality of the attack. Hard to think of self defense when there are so many blood stains so low to the ground.

Not to be too gross but if the water had been continuously running for those days Travis's body would be in much worse shape. Instead his fingertips were dry and starting to mummify.

thats what I thought, but I wasnt sure. I thought that might account for all the water/blood mix on the box, but then I saw the cup explaination... :blushing:

If JA tried to clean up the scene just imagine how much more blood there probably was. Just so sad.

And according to the detective's report the shower door was also left open.

ya know, it makes me mad that she wont even look at the pictures - makes me want to scream - YOU DID THIS - YOU SHOULD BE MADE TO LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh she's seen them all with her atty prior to trial.
She's just acting for the jury and cameras. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member