Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that, since I went over and over and over this with forum the other night, cause I had no clue that she confessed saying it was self defense, but she did not confess to LE.

Worried the jury, or at least one of them, is not sure what this trial is about.

Too, they haven't gotten all of the evidence yet. jmo

And the prosecutor said that it was the DT who brought up the stalking stuff with Mimi. So why couldn't the prosecutor use the same method with Lisa?

for some reason the prosecutor doesn't want any of the stalking (which i don't think was ever documented) in the trial for some reason - thats what he was just saying - that i don't understand - so it must have some impact on getting a guilty verdict on the murder 1 charge or on appeal?

The detective makes it sound like something good would happen if she told the truth, but in reality if she would have confessed, she most likely would have gone right behind bars anyway and been in just the exact same sitution. So, is there really any incentive for a criminal to tell the truth in her situation when they are guility?

It seems not saying anything and asking for laywer is always best way to handle if one is guilty of serious crime.

If she had confessed and shown remorse, we would not have this circus of a trial.

It is also likely that a judge (at least in lesser cases) would give credit in a reduction years for a guilty plea.

In Capital Cases I don't know. If she had confessed - would she have more likely got a plea deal like LWOP, as opposed to the DP if found guilty, or a slightly lesser charge?

Any Defence Lawyer will tell you not to say a word to the police without a lawyer present (at least the ones I know in the UK say that!).

Is court over for the day?

The detective makes it sound like something good would happen if she told the truth, but in reality if she would have confessed, she most likely would have gone right behind bars anyway and been in just the exact same sitution. So, is there really any incentive for a criminal to tell the truth in her situation when they are guility?

It seems not saying anything and asking for laywer is always best way to handle if one is guilty of serious crime.

they do it allllllll the time though. i think sometimes people really need to unburden themselves. sometimes they try to tell a story to explain WHY they did it to try to make it easier on themselves. lots of reasons, but it happens a whole lot.

Oops! Sorry if I did something wrong. I was just googling trying to find the episode to watch and came up on the transcript.

Please delete my post if it was wrong.
I dunno. I'm not a mod...I just thought Nurse posted something about that site yesterday. Just click the little yellow triangle on your post and a mod can help you. :)

Duh. The red triangle works better. WTH did they change that to red anyway? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie

And can we please stop referring JA as J-hole?

Mel

Thanks I wanted to post that as well, seems immature.

Me three.

If she had confessed and shown remorse, we would not have this circus of a trial.

It is also likely that a judge (at least in lesser cases) would give credit in a reduction years for a guilty plea.

In Capital Cases I don't know. If she had confessed - would she have more likely got a plea deal like LWOP, as opposed to the DP if found guilty, or a slightly lesser charge?

Any Defence Lawyer will tell you not to say a word to the police without a lawyer present (at least the ones I know in the UK say that!).

Is court over for the day?

i dont think she "confessed" to LE - i think her defence now is that she had to kill him for fear for her life - self defence - and this story came a coupe years after the ninjas - and i don't think she told LE this in n interview - IIRC - it is now the story coming from her defense and what they said the are going to prove - imo - but it is possible for them to change stradegies if the judge allows it

Hi, CreepingSkills. My guess is that Lisa's objections to Travis' compatibility had to do with his big, outgoing, sometime raucous, playful personality, not his sexual proclivities, or violent actions. He was a workaholic with numerous friends and business associates, not necessarily the ideal catch for some women I have known. Travis was obviously aware that he was charismatic and not given to bashfulness.

You're probably right. I doubt her objections were related to something sexual. More along the lines of he was a flirt. From reading Lisa's blog, it seemed as if she wasn't speaking to him after the break up. I just assumed it had something to do with a love triangle with Jodi. And, I think the DT would use this to their advantage. Not exactly sure how.

Did I hear the Judge correctly, does anyone know if the DT has another mistrial hearing coming up tomm? What the???

Speaking of Rob Lowe... he's playing the Defense Attorney in the upcoming CA show this Saturday night on the Lifetime show!!

During Dr. Horn's testimony I kept thinking he looked like someone and bodabing, it hit me...Rob Lowe.

I'm worried that JA will be able to use this poor defense team as a reason to appeal the guilty verdict that I hope she receives. I'm hoping I'm wrong but it seems to me that they aren't doing a very good job!

I'm not too worried. Claiming ineffective assistance of counsel has a pretty high standard of proving incompetence. In one case the defense counsel fell asleep during proceedings and that didn't make his assistance ineffective. They just need to see to it that she gets a fair trial. That's seems vague right? They haven't gotten to the defense's case yet so we'll see how they present their defense and how zealously they fight for Jodi's life.

Just watched a video on youtube of TA at a conference speaking , just breaks my heart what she has done. He was human and had flaws as we all do but he seemed like a good hearted man with a bright future. Breaks my Heart

I keep hearing conflicting rumors that the trial is going to be on a 2 week hiatus. Is there any truth to this? I'm not able to be online a lot today, so hoping I can get this info at some point. Thanks much! :)

I'll have to head down there Wednesday then, and then get in on Thursday. :)
Thank you for this! :seeya:

I just got an email that I have to go downtown Wednesday to take the typing exam for a court clerk position. I will be checking out the trial too.

FWIW manzana - I don't believe Maria was a love interest. They worked together. There's a pic on her Myspace with her and Chris Hughes at another PPL function. JMO

Photographic evidence?

If they can prove with pictures that Travis and Jodi were sleeping together during the times he was dating other women then I'll believe it. Travis wasn't seeing anyone at the time of his murder he wasn't cheating on anyone at the time.

Until I see the pictures I'm not going to believe the word of a murderer that Travis and Jodi routinely slept together after they broke up. As happens with many couples sometimes there are slip ups and things happen that shouldn't. And we have no idea what the REAL truth is because Travis is dead. We don't know if they only slept together a couple of times after they broke up.

And Travis obviously wasn't ashamed of his relationship with Jodi because he introduced her to some of his friends. Although some of those friends iirc told Travis that after meeting Jodi she was no longer welcome in their home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulani03