Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION: Posted by Davia18
I don't understand why state doesn't want Lisa to testify ???

ANSWER:
They don't want to enter evidence of stalking into the case for fear of verdict being overturned if they get a guilty.

ME: I'm still confused... Can someone reveal more of the logic behind this Lisa & stalking & overturned situation?

T.I.A.!

Wow. A little surprised at juror questions. They want gaps filled in like all of us. They're either trying to make sure all other leads were ruled out or they are questioning whether someone else may have been involved.

I admit that at times I have wondered if someone else could have been involved as well. She had someone else with her in the rental car; the extreme brutality of the crime with multiple weapons in such a very short period of time; and the fact that the attacks happened so very soon after the last live photo.

well and even where all the blood was in the car. it sounds like a lot was in the backseat. Did she come back to her car to get the gun? did she get blood everywhere when she was transporting the knife or maybe she had another blood covered person in the car with her.

He said the DT brought it up in his opening if I remember correctly. Opening statement are not evidence.

I know opening statements aren't evidence, so if the stalker statement was only made in opening statements, I guess there wouldn't be any issue regarding "stalker evidence" on appeal.

Mimi's Cross Exam.
[video=youtube;Ip7EN8uoD-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7EN8uoD-Q[/video]

Nurmi "he told you he had a stalker"
Mimi "he told me he had a stalker, she followed us on a date, I was really scared"
Nurmi "he didn't say this was Jodi, correct?"

ETA: 2:30:30 the stalker stuff begins.

for some reason the prosecutor doesn't want any of the stalking (which i don't think was ever documented) in the trial for some reason - thats what he was just saying - that i don't understand - so it must have some impact on getting a guilty verdict on the murder 1 charge or on appeal?

To me, the stalker stuff seems like a side issue. What I mean is you have someone who admitted to the crime, why bring in the stalking part? It is my understanding that no complaint was ever made, and as the defense atty pointed out in cross exam today the room mates were never told to call the police if "this dangerous stalker" (said mockingly) came around. I think the defense would use it as a poor Jodi, Travis had it in for her, telling people she was stalking him yet never going to the police blah blah blah.

i just think more potential harm than good comes from calling that witness and the prosecution has a strong enough case without having to go there. MOO.

My video of court has quit. Does anyone know if court is over for today or is it just break?

Godspeed to the state cause if she gets a NG I know we will see her in Hustler next month- eeekkk

Folks: do not use variations of the defendants name or any other name calling. Also please do not link to the innocent site

Donavan Bering - now we know why you are so vehemently defending Arias... Not only is your girlfriend her cellmate, but you are also a convicted felon.

I know this has been posted before but read the comments 2 pages on the arson. It says there is a 3rd person who needs to be investigated.

Was Donovan the "man" who accompanied Jodi to get the car?

Her girlfriend was also Jodi's cellmate. And she runs the fb page Jodi Arias, Victim of Domestic Violence.

I only bring this up is she has been on In Session, Dr Drew and HLN as a friend of the family and a credible person instead of the criminal she is.

A friend of Jodi Arias, Donavan Bering, was on 'Dr. Drew" tonight. She said if Jodi is crying in court then those emotions are real, she's not faking it & she's remorseful. Jodi's friend was arrested in 2008 with the co-owner of her company.. they torched a dental clinic to collect insurance money.

File Number: L-1461720-2
Corp. Name: CENTER FOR DENTAL HYGEINE LLC
13925 W MEEKER BLVD #8, SUN CITY WEST, AZ 85375
Agent Name: DONAVAN BERING
Incorporation Date: 07/07/2008

Members: DONAVAN BERING, SARA BYRON, GREG ALDRICH, KATRINA HOPKINS

http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/connect.p?app=names-report.p

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...080905gl-nwvarson0904-ONL.html?nclick_check=1

I got so mesmerized by the videos yesterday and ended up 30 pages behind on the last thread!

Thanks to everyone for confirming that I did indeed hear what I thought I heard!

These videos should be used for training purposes for future shrinks and detectives.

Well, I just logged on to try and catchup and would really like to know what it was that you thought you heard. Please and TIA

for some reason the prosecutor doesn't want any of the stalking (which i don't think was ever documented) in the trial for some reason - thats what he was just saying - that i don't understand - so it must have some impact on getting a guilty verdict on the murder 1 charge or on appeal?

Hi, PolleyPockets. I think that they are making the right decision. Bestselling novelist David Baldacci said that some of the best narratives that he ever constructed were put together when he was a lawyer. Lawyers are storytellers. In this case, a shorter story not only keeps it safe from a mistrial; it is also more persuasive because it's uncluttered.

QUESTION: Posted by Davia18
I don't understand why state doesn't want Lisa to testify ???

ANSWER:

ME: I'm still confused... Can someone reveal more of the logic behind this Lisa & stalking & overturned situation?

T.I.A.!
I can only try. The state's concerned if the jury learns Jodi stalked Travis it could unfairly bias them which could lead to a guilty verdict which could lead to an appeal. An appeal that could and possibly would overturn a conviction.

Jodi was never convicted of stalking Travis and even had she been it may have been ruled inadmissible. Not sure on that one though. Some prior bad acts are allowed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18